This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
Previous White Hot Lines
- LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham’s League Cup tie against Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road tonight has been postponed because of the positive tests for Covid-19 on the majority of their squad (according to reports). No decision on what happens next has been made and the O’s chairman expects the match to be played while other reports indicate that Tottenham may be given a walkover with a fixture pile-up looming if the tie has to be staged at a later date.
- RUMOURS : – Dele Alli‘s omission from the Spurs squad has set the transfer tongues a wagging and PSG are interested in signing him, but the Financial Fair Play rules might prevent them (much like they stopped Manchester City last season), so a loan deal might be on the cards. He also interests Internazionale, but Daniel Levy will not allow him to leave without any club who want to sign him having to pay a substantial fee for the midfielder.
Jose Mourinho is very keen to re-unite with Jesse Lingard after their spell at Gold Trafford together, but it may be that Mourinho has ruled out a move for Lingard … depends which website you read.
There has been a resurgence in the links with Internazionale defender Milan Skriniar, who the Serie A side want 60 million Euros for. Talks are allegedly underway, with Spurs looking to barter the fee downwards.
With Arkadiusz Milik‘s move from SSC Napoli to AS Roma breaking down, Tottenham are looking to resurrect a deal for the Polish striker, with a price of £
Haris Seferovic of Benfica could be a loan signing for Spurs, as the striker search continues.
The agent of Gareth Bale has said that if all goes well in his one year at Tottenham, he could see it as a simple deal to extend his stay so that he doesn’t have to go back to Real Madrid.
Danny Rose‘s proposed move to Genoa seems to have broken down, with the Italian club struggling to make the wage demands from the left back. This has meant the England international is being offered to clubs across Spain and France in an attempt to move him off the books at Tottenham.
The German press claim that Spurs have made an approach to Mainz for their 23 year old forward Jean-Philippe Mateta to ask how much they might want to sell him.
Real Sociedad striker Willian Jose appears to be in a tug-of-war between Spurs and Barcelona, with the Brazilian’s fee dropping to £27.5 million, although his release clause if for £64.16 million.
- COVID-19 : – with rising rates of infections across England, the Government have introduced new restrictions on various aspects of life, with the return of fans to football grounds “paused” and that could be for up to six months, with other measures announced today potentially being in place for the period of time.
- COVID-19 : – Leyton Orient have had a number of positive tests for Covid-19 returned on their first team players ahead of the League Cup tie with Tottenham tomorrow. Should the EFL call the match off, with Tottenham’s fixture schedule making it difficult to re-arrange the tie, Spurs would be awarded the walkover and progress to the Fourth Round, but both clubs are awaiting a statement from the governing body.
- RUMOURS : – Wolfsburg striker Wout Weghorst could be a Spurs player by the end of the week according to the media in Holland.
Benfica may be looking to sell Carlos Vinicius, with Spurs said to be keen on the 40 million Euros rated forward. However, Spurs are again linked with Benfica defenders Ruben Dias and Tomas Tavares.
Alexander Sorloth is a target for Spurs and Manchester United as the 24 year old forward looks set to leave Trabzonspor.
Danny Rose is interesting West Ham United London.
Serge Aurier could be on his way to Russia with Spartak Moscow making claims that they are confident of securing his signature.
The rumoured £30 million target for Spurs, Jesse Lingard, has been the subject of talks with Manchester United according to ESPN.
- TRANSFERS : – 17 year old central defender Maxsim Paskotsi has signed a three year deal to join Tottenham from Estonian club Flora Tannin.
- Tottenham beat South Coast Big Club at the St. Mary’s Stadium 5-2 this afternoon. Match report.
- RUMOURS : – Dele Alli is supposedly the subject of an enquiry from Paris Saint Germain after he has been omitted from the team for two games running. Jose Mourinho says he expects Dele to stay and fight for his place in the team.
Spartak Moscow believe they are the club who will sign Serge Aurier during this transfer window
Tottenham have allegedly been tracking the Benfica striker Haris Serefovic, who has 65 Switzerland caps and have had a bid of £13.6 million turned down for the forward.
- TRANSFERS : – Tottenham have signed Real Madrid left back Sergio Reguilon on a five year deal for a reported £25 million. Reguilon will wear the number 3 shirt.
Spurs have also made a loan signing, also from Real Madrid, with Midfielder/forward Gareth Bale arriving for the remainder of the season, with an option for one more season, costing Spurs a reported £15 million in wages and fees according to Sky Sports. Bale will be allocated the number nine shirt.
- RUMOURS : – Following today’s transfers, the Daily Star speculate that Tottenham want to sign Manchester United forward Jesse Lingard for £30 million to resurrect his career.
- UNDER-18s : – The Spurs Under-18 team beat Arsenal 2-0 this morning at Hotspur Way. A Dale Scarlett penalty and a goal form Yago Santiago handed Tottenham w in over the South London side.
- EUROPA LEAGUE : – The draw for the play-off round to qualify for the group stages of the Europa League has been made and the winner of our Third Round qualifying Round tie with KF Shkëndija will be at home to FC Rostov of Russia or Israeli side Maccabi Haifa.
The tie with KF Shkëndija will take place in the national stadium in Skopje on Thursday 24th September, kicking off at 19.00 (UK time)
- RUMOURS : – Internazionale and Paris St. Germain are interested in signing Dele Alli, with the London Evening Standard claiming the club are willing to listen to any “serious offers”.
PSG, however, have decided against signing Danny Rose, although apparently West Ham United London and Aston Villa re interested. No mention of the move he is supposed to be making to Genoa was mentioned.
Fulham are allegedly interested in signing Juan Foyth on a permanent basis, but Leeds United are also keen on the £15 million rated Argentine international.
The Times report that Spurs are willing to shell out £40 million on Torino striker Andrea Belotti … but not until next summer.
Benfica central defender Ruben Dias is a player Jose Mourinho is keen to bring to Tottenham, with the 23 year old maybe having to be sold with Benfica missing out on Champions League football, the London Evening Standard report.
The latest on the Gareth Bale transfer is that Real Madrid may extend the loan for another season until the end of his contract with them, so that he doesn’t return to the Bernabeu. The deal for the one season loan will cost Spurs a reported £20 million in wages and fees, with Bale not being available for about a moth, as he is suffering with a knee injury.
And the London Evening Standard (having a hot day for Spurs stories) reckon that the buy back clause for Real Madrid to purchase Sergio Reguilon for £35 million will only last for two years.
Jack Clarke is a season long loan target for Birmingham City.
AFC Bournemouth are reported to be closing in on a deal to buy Cameron Carter-Vickers.
- TRANSFERS : – Under-23 squad striker Shilow Tracey has gone out on loan to Shrewsbury Town for the 2020-21 season.
- UNDER-23s : – Tottenham’s Under-23s beat their counterparts at West Ham United London 3-0 at Hotspur Way this afternoon. The Spurs goals came from George Marsh, Harvey White (penalty) and Rodel Richards.
- THOUGHTS : – Kudos to the BBC headline writers who hit gold with “Leicester in talks with Roma over Under”. The player interesting the Foxes being Cengiz Under, the Turkish winger.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Lokomtiv Plovdiv 2-1 in the Second Qualifying Round of the Europa League in Bulgaria tonight. Match report.
- RUMOURS: – The Independent claim that the one year loan arrangement for Gareth Bale will cost the club£20 million and that sum includes Real Madrid paying half of his £250,000 a week wages. Sergio Reguilon will fly in with Bale on Friday after completing their medicals in Madrid.
Apparently, Tottenham have had an offer for SCBC’s striker Danny Ings rejected and have been told that he is not for sale.
- TRANSFERS : – Jack Roles has joined Burton Albion on loan for the rest of the season.
- LEAGUE CUP : – The Fourth Round draw for the League Cup has drawn Leyton Orient or Tottenham at home to Chelsea or Barnsley with the game to be played the week starting 28th September.
- RUMOURS : – Gareth Bale and Sergio Reguilon are the big stories, as they near a move to Tottenham. Both are reported to have passed their medicals, but no confirmation has been made by the club as yet. The Bale deal is believed to be a one year loan. Jose Mourinho would not be drawn on the Bale transfer and I won’t be sure it will happen until I see him in the shirt. The Daily Express claim that Tottenham agreed to two clauses in Reguilon’s contract that Manchester United wouldn’t. They were to allow Real Madrid to buy him back for £37 million (i.e. £10 million above the sale price) and that they would be allowed to match any offer for the player, even if it was below that sum. It is thought in some sources that Reguilon’s arrival would see Ryan Sessegnon go out on loan, which would be in contradiction to Mourinho’s comments in the close season that the former Fulham man has an important part to play this season for the club.
Danny Rose is hoping to complete a £5 million move to Genoa.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham’s Third Round tie at Leyton Orient will take place on Tuesday 22nd September with an 18.00 kick off to be screened live by Sky Sports.
- TEAM NEWS : – Toby Alderweireld and Dele Alli have been left behind as the squad headed out to Bulgaria to play Lokomtov Plovdiv in the Europa League. The only injury absentee was Japhet Tanganga who had a thigh problem.
- RUMOURS : – The big one today is that talks are being held between Tottenham and Gareth Bale‘s agents about a move back to N17. The move might only be a loan, but that depends on what Real Madrid are willing to agree to. His agent Jonathan Barnett has hinted that the Welsh international winger still holds Spurs dear and it is where he wants to be, but nothing is agreed as yet and any deal might have a way to go if it is to be completed. While Tottenham are about it, they are also believed to be in talks to sign the Real Madrid left back Sergio Reguilon and the Daily Mail reports that Dele Alli could be moving in the other direction.
Eintracht Frankfurt want £5 million for Bas Dost, but Spurs would prefer a loan for the Dutch striker.
Crystal Palace seem to be putting their recycling out early, with Christian Benteke being offered to Tottenham. Not sure that he would fit into Jose Mourinho‘s style of play, even though he is a big battering ram, but he hasn’t been knocking down any walls for a couple of years and the last thing we want would be to sign a striker who doesn’t score goals, as we’ve done that often enough in the past.
Spurs are said to have made an improved offer for Torino striker Andrea Belotti, as they seek to tie up a deal before the end of the transfer window. It’s either that or 6’6″ Wolfsburg’s Dutch striker Wout Weghorst, although the Guardian run a story that says Spurs have an agreement “in principle” (like there are principles in football) to buy Willian Jose from Real Sociedad in the summer next year..
AFC Bournemouth are thought to have had a seven figure offer accepted for USA international defender Cameron Carter-Vickers, but the deal has not yet been confirmed.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Spurs will play away at Leyton Orient next week in the Third Round of the League Cup after the East London side fought back from 0-2 down to win 3-2. A date for the match in a week that could also include a Europa League match is yet to be announced.
- EUROPA LEAGUE : – Great news for all fans of the Bulgarian First Professional Football League, as you will be able to watch Lokomotiv Plovdiv take on Spurs in the Europa League Second round Qualifying match on Thursday on Premier Sports 2 for the special offer price of £9.99 for the first two months of your subscription to the channel.
- Plenty of fall-out from yesterday’s game when Jose Mourinho called the team lazy and having the wrong attitude, making him feel he didn’t like this team. In addition, the lack of a pre-season for some players -Kane quarantined, some positive tests for Covid-19 among players (make your own guesses who) and lack of team preparation were revealed as reasons why things didn’t go so well. One game in and the pundits are already stabbing the knives in the back, but there is always another game and this comes on Thursday in Bulgaria. It will be interesting to see who Jose takes with him to play the Europa League qualifier, with his criticism of the players ringing in their ears.
- RUMOURS : – The Daily Mail offer us relief, as they claim that a move for Alexander Sorloth of Crystal Palace is unlikely, but go on to say that Spurs are willing to allow Alfie Whiteman leave on loan to get some match experience. Eintracht Frankfurt striker Bas Dost is said to be a £5.5 million target for Tottenham, as the search for a striker signing becomes ever more desperate. There’s a claim that Spurs have been in talks with Sporting Braga’s Paulinho for a couple of weeks, but are not happy about shelling out £27.6 million for the 27 year old forward. Toulouse midfielder Ibrahim Sangare is currently out suffering from sickness, but is thought not to want to play again in this transfer window lest it jeopardise any move away from the Ligue 1 club. The 22 year old Ivory Coast international could be available for as little as £8 million, with Tottenham reportedly interested. The news from the Transfer Generator at Sky Sports reckons Spurs are keen to bring Bayer Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey to Tottenham, but only if the fee of £40 million for the 23 year old Jamaican international is lowered a bit. The club also harbour an interest in bringing Gareth Bale back with the Welsh winger’s price tag being slashed day by day. It’s now down to £25 million, with Manchester United said to be in for him too.
- Tottenham played at home to Everton in the opening match of the 2020-21 season this afternoon and lost 0-1. Match report.
- RUMOURS : – The Sun link Spurs with a move for AFC Bournemouth striker Joshua King, after the club decided to allow him to leave and the paper describes him as a “massive player”. Hope that means on the field ! The Sun also have Tottenham lined up to sign Metz forward Habib Diallo, who they report would be available for just £13 million and Spurs are already in talks with the Ligue 1 club to buy. Over at the Mail on Sunday, they say Burnley are ready to make a bid for £14 million rated Mainz striker – Swede Robin Quaison, who Spurs have on their wish list of forwards too. AFC Bournemouth want £50 million from clubs who want to sign Welsh winger David Brooks, including Manchester United (who seem to be collecting Welsh wingers, if they want Gareth Bale as well as already having Daniel James), Leicester City and Spurs. One online report claims Tottenham want to take Real Madrid 20-year old striker Vinicius Junior on loan with the prospect of a permanent deal. Following yesterday’s rumour about an interest in Benfica forward Carlos Vinicius, it could be quite a confusing time for all if both players end up at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Horrifyingly, Spurs are being linked with Alexander Sorloth, the tall striker who was a resounding flop at Crystal Palace, but has been a goal-scoring revelation in Turkey, where he is on loan at Trabzonspor. They want to sign him, as do RB Leipzig, with Spurs linked but Jose Mourinho denied the rumour at the post-match presser. Another link pairs Danny Ings with a move to Spurs. He scored a lot of goals for SCBC last season and is a decent player, but does he fit the template for a Daniel Levy buy … or are we really desperate for anyone to come in ? The stronger news is that the club will firm up their move for Real Sociedad forward Willian Jose.
Southend United are reported to be keen to take Under-23 striker Shilow Tracey on loan.
Previous White Hot Lines