This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
Previous White Hot Lines
- FIXTURE CHANGES: – Tottenham’s home match against Sheffield United has been moved to a 19.15 kick off on Sunday 2nd May, while the away visit to Leeds United has been brought forward to a 12.30 kick off on Saturday 8th May for live TV coverage.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – New names being linked with the Tottenham manager’s position to take over permanently after Jose Mourinho was sacked and Ryan Mason put in interim charge are Marcelo Bielsa of Leeds United, Erik ten Hag of Ajax, Jurgen Klinsmann, Massimiliano Allegri, Bayern Munich manager Hansi Flick and Fulham’s Scott Parker.
It is alleged that an £8 million severance payment to Jose Mourinho and his coaching team was rejected and they will continue to receive their wages while on gardening leave. When they start another job, the payments will end.
Roberto Martinez has asked his agent Pini Zhavi (who is a close associate of Daniel Levy) to find him a big European club to take a post at after he has taken Belgium through the European Championship finals in the summer.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – AS Roma are expected to start talks with South Coast big Club’s giant central defender Jannik Vestergaard, with Spurs also reported to be keen to speak to the Dane.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat South Coast Big Club 2-1 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this evening. Match Report
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reported in the Daily Express to have been in contact with the representatives of Athletic Bilbao manager Marcelino, while some sources link Benfica manager Bruno Lage with the Spurs job and also Italian Gennaro Gattuso.
Another manager whose representatives have allegedly been contacted is Rui Vitoria the former Benfica boss who left Al Nassr in December.
The Daily Mail mention Brighton & Hove Albion manager Graham Potter could be considered for the vacant manager’s post at Tottenham.
The Guardian put England manager Gareth Southgate and Roberto Martinez the Belgium boss in the frame for the job at Tottenham.
Former RB Leipzig manager Ralf Ragnick has been named as another potential candidate to take over the team at Spurs.
A journalist has claimed that the sacking of Jose Mourinho came about as he was more interested in resting players for the match against South Coast Big Club to field a strong side in the League Cup Final than gaining a top four placing in the Premier League. His argument with Daniel Levy over his ideas was the last straw, although Jamie Redknapp claims that it was cheaper to get rid of the Portuguese manager while the club were in seventh position than if they were higher up the league table. Alternatively, it was a player exodus next season that was threatened should Mourinho still be in charge next season that prompted his dismissal.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Erik Lamela and his wife regard a move to Italy as a new challenge, meaning he will be looking to leave Spurs this summer.
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE : – All six English clubs have withdrawn from the proposed European Super League. Read Wyart Lane’s thoughts on the ESL
- MANAGER NEWS : – Ryan Mason has been appointed as interim Head Coach for the remainder of the season assisted by coaches Chris Powell and Nigel Gibbs, with Ledley King as First Team Assistant. Michel Vorm will take on the role of goalkeeping coach.
- MANAGER NEWS : – Jose Mourinho has been sacked along with his coaching team today. Ryan Mason has taken training today.
Read Wyart Lane’s view on Jose Mourin-go
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE : – Tottenham, along with Juventus, Chelsea, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Arsenal, Atletico Madrid, Manchester City, Internazionale, Manchester United and Barcelona, have signed up to create a European Super League, which has brought a strong reaction from UEFA, the Premier League and politicians. The League will have 15 core members with five other clubs qualifying each season to compete. UEFA have said that competing clubs will be banned from any of the competitions that they organise and players involved will not be able to represent their national teams.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Serge Aurier is a potential summer signing for Paris Saint Germain.
- UNDER-23s : – Chelsea beat Tottenham’s Under-23s 4-1 at Hotspur Way this afternoon. The Spurs goal was scored by Kion Etete from the penalty spot.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Central defender Davinson Sanchez is interesting Sevilla and Ajax, who may make a move for him in the summer transfer market.
- OTHER NEWS : – Sheffield United were relegated form the Premier League tonight and they will be replaced by Norwich City, who won promotion thanks to other sides failing to win.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham drew 2-2 with Everton at Goodison Park tonight. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Brazilian right back Emerson Royal, who is jointly owned by Barcelona and Real Betis – is a firm target for Tottenham in the summer transfer window, but they will have to contest his signing with Internazionale, AC Milan and Paris Saint Germain. The 22 year old would cost £21 million.
Top flight Dutch and French clubs are apparently keen on taking Development squad goalkeeper Thimothee Lo-Tutala from Spurs.
- TEAM NEWS : – Matt Doherty and Ben Davies are the only two Spurs players unavailable through injury for Friday night’s match at Everton.
- SPONSORS : – Dulux Paints unveiling of the official pain suppliers to the club became mired in controversy after replies by the company to comments posted on social media appeared to criticise the team. An apology was forthcoming from Dulux and Spurs responded with a post saying, “We will gloss over it this time”.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Wolverhampton Wanderers are keen on signing Spurs loanee Carlos Vinicius with a fee of £26 million quoted as what the Midlands club are willing to pay for the Benfica striker, although his club want £39 million.
Tottenham are reported to be meeting with the representatives of Joachim Andersen next week, with the club keen to sign the 24 year old Olympique Lyonnais defender, who is currently on loan at Fulham.
Football 365 reckons Erik Lamela has had talks with AC Milan and SSC Napoli about a move to Italy in the summer, with Sampdoria winger Mikkel Damsgaard named as a potential replacement in other reports.
Ipswich Town hope to retain striker Troy Parrott on loan next season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Lots of stories about today, with the first involving the Italian press claiming Spurs main transfer target this season will be £16 million rated Lille goalkeeper Mike Maignan.
Striker and Torino captain Andrea Belotti is being monitored by Tottenham, as well as Chelsea, Manchester United, Olympique Lyonnais, Atletico Madrid and a number of clubs in his home country.
Club scouts are said to be sent to Italy to watch Sampdoria’s Danish winger Mikkel Damsgaard, who would be available for £15.6 million.
Spurs and the Woolwich Wanderers are to be rivals for the signature of Dries Martens of Napoli, with the Belgian striker set to move on in the summer.
Oddest rumour of the day is the one linking Tottenham with a move for Beijing Guoan’s Congolese forward Cedric Bakambu, who is 30, as cover for Harry Kane next season.
- MANAGER NEWS : – Julian Nagelsmann, the RB Leipzig manager, has apparently been approached by Spurs and AS Roma in the last couple of weeks, but the 33 year old is waiting for an approach from Bayern Munich.
- UNDER-18s : – Tottenham’s youth side lost 0-5 to West Bromwich Albion at Hotspur Way in the FA Youth Cup Fifth Round tonight after losing goalkeeper Thimotee Lo-Tutalo inside five minutes with an injury and Marqes Muir sent off in first half added time.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Reports claim that Tottenham are keen on the 23 year old 6′ 7″ Stuttgart striker Sasa Kalajdzic as a back-up to Harry Kane if he is with the club next season, with the Austrian international having been quoted as previously saying he would like to join Liverpool.
- MANAGERS : – The media are obsessed with who will replace Jose Mourinho as Spurs boss even though he is still the current manager of the team. Today’s rumoured candidates are Nuno Espirito Santo of Wolverhampton Wanderers, former Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri and Fulham’s Scott Parker. A later report reckons that their is nothing behind the Sarri story. The Daily Telegraph write that Julian Nagelsman, Steven Gerrard, Diego Simeone, Massimiliano Allegri and Michael Carrick are named as possible (although some are unlikely) replacements should Mourinho leave his post.
- UNDER-23s : – Tottenham Under-23s won 3-0 away at Leicester City tonight and with the Tottenham goal-scorers being Dilan Markanday, J’Neil Bennett and Rodel Richards.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – It is alleged that former Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has approached Harry Kane about leaving Spurs to sign for Paris Saint Germain.
Tottenham are reported to be in “concrete talks” with Jerome Boateng about joining the club on a free transfer from Bayern Munich, not on what mix would be suitable for some garden paving.
- RACISM :- Heung-Min Son and Daniel Levy received racist abuse on social media following yesterday’s loss to Manchester United. The club have brought this ot the attention of one of the social media companies and asked what they intend to do about it.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 1-3 to Manchester United at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this afternoon. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs midfielder Dele Alli will be a summer transfer target for Everton and Aston Villa according to a story today.
22 year old Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare is a player that Jose Mourinho would like to sign in the next transfer window
- OTHER NEWS : – Forest Green Rovers sacked their manager Mark Cooper today.
- UNDER-18s : – Tottenham Under-18s were away at South Coast Big Club today and won 3-0 with goals from Yago Santiago, Kallum Cesay and Michael Craig.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Stories today recount a rumour that Harry Kane will leave Spurs this summer if the club do not qualify for the Champions League, with Manchester United supposedly wanting a player swap deal to reduce Daniel Levy‘s asking price.
It is rumoured that Jose Mourinho wants to sign 33 year old former Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini, who is currently playing in China for Shangdong Lundeng Taishan.
- TEAM NEWS : – Tottenham will be without full-backs Ben Davies and Matt Doherty for the visit of Manchester United on Sunday. Alfie Whiteman is out for a few weeks following an operation on his knee.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – South Coast Big Club are keeping tabs on Harry Winks with a view to a summer move for the England international as they build on the transfer of Kyle Walker-Peters in an attempt to become the Spurs B team.
Tottenham are ready to battle the Woolwich Wanderers for Feyenoord’s 20 year old Turkish midfielder Orkun Kokcu, who it is reported may cost anywhere between £10 million and £17.3 million.
Jesse Lingard, currently on loan at West Ham United London from Manchester United, is allegedly being watched by Spurs.
Spurs are a possible option for Brazilian midfielder Philippe Coutinho to join should he leave Barcelona on loan according to reports today in Spain.
Surprise rumour of the day links Barcelona with an interest in Davinson Sanchez in the summer.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Olympique Lyonnais central defender Joachim Andersen – currently on loan at Fulham – is a transfer target for Tottenham, with Manchester United and Leicester City also keen on the £25 million rated 24 year old.
Spurs and Arsenal are keen to sign 32 year old Bayern Munich central defender Jerome Boateng, who will be available on a free transfer at the end of the season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Fulham are keen to re-sign Ryan Sessegnon, who has not really had a chance to establish himself at Tottenham.
If West Bromwich Albion are relegated at the end of the season, they are reported to be ready to sell 28 year old goalkeeper Sam Johnstone, who has been a target for Spurs. The former Manchester United keeper might cost between £7.5 million and £10 million.
Another goalkeeper linked with Spurs – and Manchester United – is Sevilla’s Moroccan international Yassine Bounou, who is known as Bono and the 30 year old is looking to leave in the summer.
With Internazionale looking to keep hold of Milan Skriniar, Tottenham are pressing on with a move for South Coast Big Club’s central defender Jannik Vestergaard, with the 28 year old expected to cost around £18 million.
Apparently, Chelsea and Tottenham are two teams that Sergio Aguero would consider joining to stay in the Premier League when he leaves Manchester City in the summer.
Both Spurs and Liverpool have reportedly contacted the player’s representatives about signing 23 year old Fiorentina defender Nikola Milenkovic in the summer.
- SEASON TICKETS : – Renewal details have been sent out to season ticket holders, with prices frozen and the 20% deposit paid for this season’s ticket will be taken off the price when renewed. Renewals must be paid for by June 3rd.
- FA YOUTH CUP : – Tottenham’s Youth Team’s progress in the FA Youth Cup will see them play West Bromwich Albion in the Fifth Round on Tuesday 13th April at Hotspur Way with a 19.00 kick-off. Fans will not be allowed to attend the tie.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs have been linked with a move for RB Leipzig midfielder Christopher Nkunku, who would fetch about £36 million.
The Spanish press are rumouring Tottenham; interest in Sevilla’s 28 year old central defender Diego Carlos, although with a 75 million Euros (£63.9 million) release clause, he may not fit the profile of a typical Spurs signing.
Alternatively, Spurs, along with a host of other clubs, are interested in bringing Serbian international Nikola Maksimovic to North London, with his SSC Napoli contract due to expire this summer, so the 29 year old will be a free agent. Sounds more like a Spurs signing to me.
Arsenal and Tottenham have both reportedly been in touch with the agent of 21 year old Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic, who could cost £43 million.
- INJURY NEWS : – After undergoing surgery on a knee injury, Alfie Whiteman is expected to be out for at least six weeks.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Villarreal are supposedly in talks with Tottenham about signing Juan Foyth on a permanent deal having impressed on loan, although they want to pay less than the £13 million quoted in the loan agreement.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham drew 2-2 away at St. James Park against Newcastle United this afternoon. Match Report.
- RACISM : – Defender Davinson Sanchez received racist abuse on social media after today’s game at Newcastle.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Rumours today suggest that Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Everton and Valencia are all in a £20 million chase for the services of Harry Winks.
Tottenham are hopeful of completing a deal with Internazionale for central defender Milan Skriniar, although the price for the Slovakian international may be significantly higher than the £25 million Spurs were offering in the January transfer window.
- INJURY NEWS : – Jack Clarke has suffered ankle ligament damage while on loan at Stoke City and will return to Spurs for rehabilitation with the medical team, although the Potters hope to re-sign the winger on loan next season if an arrangement can be struck with Tottenham.
- TEAM NEWS : – Heung-Min Son and Sergio Reguilon are both fit and ready to re-join the squad for Sunday’s match at Newcastle United. Erik Lamela is available again after suspension, but defenders Matt Doherty and Ben Davies are out injured.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – It is reported that Daniel Levy has put a £175 million transfer fee on Harry Kane’s head amongst rumours of interest in the Spurs striker. Barcelona are said to be keen on Kane if they cannot sign Erling Haaland from Borussia Dortmund. Spurs are not willing to sell Harry to a Premier League rival.
- AWARD : – Erik Lamela‘s rabona goal against Arsenal has been chosen as the Premier League Goal of the Month for March.
- NFL : – AN NFL match at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium has been announced by Atlanta Falcons for October 2021. The opposition has not yet been determined.
- No ground-breaking news about Tottenham today, but Heung-Min Son was spotted in training ahead of the game at Newcastle United on Sunday, so there are hopes he will be fit to take part.
Previous White Hot Lines