This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
Previous White Hot Lines
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Sheffield United 3-1 at Bramall Lane this afternoon. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Danny Rose is believed to want to move abroad when his contract is terminated during the January transfer window, should that happen, seemingly snubbing any interest from West Bromwich Albion.
Jose Mourinho is reported in the Daily Express to want to sign Paris Saint Germain winger Angel di Maria.
The Spurs boss is also keen on returning Christian Eriksen to N17 and the Danish midfielder is open to a move away from Internazionale to Tottenham.
- TEAM NEWS : – Giovani Lo Celso is the only injury absentee for the trip to Sheffield United on Sunday.
- UNDER-23s : – Spurs Under-23s beat Brighton & Hove Albion 5-1 away in Premier League 2 tonight. George Marsh, Kazaiah Sterling, Kion Etete, Dane Scarlett (penalty) and Marcel Lavinier hit the goals for Tottenham.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are believed to have accepted a seven figure offer from AFC Bournemouth for defender Cameron Carter-Vickers, who is on loan with the Cherries until the end of the season.
Internazionale midfielder Christian Eriksen is linked today with a return to Tottenham on loan, with reports indicating that Tottenham have initiated talks as Jose Mourinho is said to be keen about the Danish international re-joining.
- OTHER NEWS : – Wayne Rooney has retired from playing today to become the new manager of Derby County.
- LOAN : – Stoke City have signed winger Jack Clarke on loan until the end of the season.
- FA CUP : – Spurs will play the Fourth Round FA Cup tie away to Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park on Monday 25th January with the kick off at 19.45 with live coverage on BT Sport 1.
- PREMIER LEAGUE FIXTURE CHANGES : – The away game at Sheffield United on Sunday will now kick off at 14.00, which was its original start time. The game will be live on Sky Sports.
Other live TV coverage matches are Liverpool’s visit to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will take place on Thursday 28th January, kick off 20.00 (Live on BT Sport)
The away game against Brighton & Hove Albion on Sunday 31st January kicks off at 14.00.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reported to have offered a first professional contract to Marqes Muir, as AZ Alkmaar are showing interest in the Development squad defender the Telegraph report.
Beijing Guaon defender Kim Min-Jae is the rumoured subject of a move to Tottenham according to the media, after Chelsea had been linked with the 24 year old 6’2″ South Korean.
Reports claim that Dele Alli is keen to link up with Mauricio Pochettino at Paris Saint Germain, but the club do not seem keen to allow the midfielder to leave in this January’s transfer window.
- MEHSTG SAYS : – All credit to Arsenal and Crystal Palace for complying with the Premier League’s guidelines to not celebrate goals by playing out a sleep-inducing 0-0 draw tonight.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham drew 1-1 with Fulham at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium tonight. A Match Report will follow.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Stoke City are rumoured to be on the verge of signing Jack Clarke on loan for the rest of this season.
- TEAM NEWS : – Giovani Lo Celso is the only player Spurs have injured for the hastily arranged visit of Fulham to the Tottenham Hotspur stadium tomorrow night.
- FA YOUTH CUP : – In the Third Round of the FA Youth Cup, Spurs Youth beat Newport County 6-2 at Hotspur Way this afternoon, after being 0-2 down. Dane Scarlett scored five of the goals (one a penalty) and Roshaun Mathurin got the other goal.
Due to the continuing Covid-19 pandemic, the competition has been temporarily suspended by the FA.
- MEHSTG SAYS … : – It was nice to hear in a Q&A that Arsenal reserve midfielder Mezut Ozil said that he would rather retire than play for Spurs, because we thought he had retired already. And there is absolutely no truth that the £120 million loan Arsenal received from the Bank of England will be used to pay the remainder of Ozil’s contract.
- FIXTURE CHANGES : – Tottenham’s game at Aston Villa on Wednesday has been postponed due to a number of Covid-19 positive tests among the Villa squad and staff. Instead, Tottenham’s game at home to Fulham that was postponed on 30th December for the same reason will be played at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Wednesday with a 20.15 kick-off to be shown live on Amazon Prime Video.
The away Premier League game at Sheffield United on Sunday 17th January will now kick off at 14.05 and will be screened live on Sky Sports TV.
- FA CUP : – In the Fourth Round draw, Tottenham will play away at Wycombe Wanderers during the weekend of 23rd and 24th January. If Spurs progress to the Fifth Round, they have been drawn away to either Everton or Sheffield Wednesday on the weekend of 9th-11th February.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Valencia have made a second move to take midfielder Harry Winks on loan for the rest of this season.
Tottenham are keen on signing 19 year old defender Julian Araujo, with the LA Galaxy right back said to be priced at £5 million.
Liverpool and Spurs are said to be interested in signing Lille’s Dutch 6’4″ central defender Sven Botman.
- 22 year old Stuttgart winger Nicolas Gonzalez is a target for Leeds United, Juventus and Tottenham in the summer transfer window. The Argentine would cost around £27 million and Spurs are reported to have made preliminary talks with the Bundesliga club and player.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Marine 5-0 away this evening in the FA Cup Third Round. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Rumours in the media today claim that Hugo Lloris has rejected early talks regarding a new contract with the club.
- MEHSTG SAYS … : – This is a headline run on the Daily Star website … “Ian Wright gave Marine manager some Tottenham tactic secrets ahead of FA Cup game”. Thanks Wrighty !! Good job.
- TEAM NEWS : – Following training tomorrow, Gareth Bale will be assessed to play at Marine on Sunday in the FA Cup. The Welshman has expressed a wish to play and Erik Lamela may be fit to feature, but Giovani Lo Celso will still be side-lined with his hamstring injury.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Development squad winger Anthony Georgiou could move to AEL Limassol in this transfer window, with Tottenham believed to be ready to allow the 23 year old to leave.
Another midfielder Spurs may be willing to allow to go is Harry Winks, with a planned move to Valencia only being held up by the La Liga club’s reluctance to pay the asking price for the England international.
Sampdoria’s 20 year old Danish winger Mikkel Damsgaard is a player Tottenham are watching with interest.
Paris Saint Germain are confident that they will sign Dele Alli.
Ryan Sessegnon will allegedly have his loan deal at Hoffenheim cancelled by Spurs, who will then send him to AC Milan for the remainder of the season. Apparently, the club are unhappy at the playing time the left sided player is getting at the Bundesliga club.
Reports claim that Spurs are keen to sign Real Madrid defender Eder Militao in the January transfer window, but the 22 year old may cost £45 million.
- SPONSORSHIP : – Tottenham will wear the logo of the company cinch, an online car sales platform, on the sleeves of their shirts.
- COVID-19 : – The club have offered the NHS use of the Tottenham Hotspur stadium as a vaccination hub for people to receive their injections against Covid-19.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Reports reckon Jose Mourinho wants the return of Christian Eriksen from Internazionale, but his wages at the Italian club might rule that out, although a loan for the rest of the season has been rumoured.
Tottenham are reportedly in talks with Inter’s Croatian midfielder Ivan Perisic regarding a loan move to N17 for the 31 year old.
Real Madrid want to sign Heung-Min Son, but Tottenham are confident that contract talks with the player to extend his deal beyond 2023 can be successful.
The Real captain Sergio Ramos has reportedly rejected the offer of a new contract at the Bernabeu, sparking speculation that Spurs will move for the 34 year old defender.
The Daily Express suggest that Tottenham are willing to keep Gareth Bale at the club beyond this season, but only on a second season loan after he has been hit by injuries since joining in the summer transfer window.
Danny Rose is wanted by Turkish club Trabzonspor.
PSV Eindhoven have made an approach to the agent of Toby Alderweireld to see if he would be willing to move to the Dutch club.
Rumours are linking Tottenham with an interest in West Ham United London central defender Issa Diop, who might be available for £18 million having fallen out of favour with David Moyes.
- CRIME WATCH : – The London Evening Standard reports that Jan Vertonghen, Eric Dier, Erik Lamela and former Spur Jermain Defoe have all been caught speeding on the stretch of the A10 to Bullsmoor Lane that leads to the Spurs training ground at Hotspur Way. Dier received a six-month driving ban, while the others got fines and points on their licences. Lamela and Defoe have an additional offence each to be heard by the courts.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham will play Manchester City in the League Cup Final at Wembley on 25th April, after they beat Manchester United 2-0 at Old Trafford tonight.
- CONTRACT : – Under-23s captain Jubril Okedina has signed a new deal with the club until 2022 and has joined Cambridge United on loan until the end of the season.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Brentford 2-0 in the League Cup semi-final at the Tottenham, Hotspur Stadium tonight. They will face the winners of Manchester derby tomorrow night at Wembley on 25th April. Match Report.
- COVID-19 : – The club have fined Giovani Lo Celso, Erik Lamela and Sergio Reguilon for attending a party over Christmas in contravention of the Tier 4 restrictions for nobody to meet on Christmas Day period.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Juventus’ 22 year old Turkish defender Merih Demiral is a January transfer target for Liverpool and Spurs, although his club say that he will not be leaving in the winter transfer window, despite being unhappy with the amount of playing time he is getting.
- UNDER-23s : – Development squad striker Kazaiah Sterling has returned to Spurs from his loan spell at Southend United.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs Development squad goalkeeper Jordan Archer has signed for Middlesbrough.
- TEAM NEWS : – Erik Lamela will not be considered for the League Cup semi-final with Brentford tomorrow. Giovani Lo Celso is out with a hamstring injury, Gareth Bale misses the match with a calf strain and Joe Rodon is cup-tied, so is ineligible. Matt Doherty is suspended after getting sent off on Saturday against Leeds United.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Ahead of tomorrow’s semi-final at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, it has been announced that teams in the semi-finals and final will be allowed to use five substitutes. At this stage onwards, VAR will also be in operation.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Juventus and Argentina striker Paulo Dybala could be available in the January transfer window if he fails to sign a new deal with the Serie A champions, with Spurs and Manchester United reported to be interested in signing him.
Tottenham are said to be unwilling to let Dele Alli join PSG in the January transfer window.
Following yesterday’s news about contract talks with Harry Kane, the London Evening Standard carries news that the club will not hold talks about new deals with Kane or Heung-Min Son during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – With reported interest from Paris Saint Germain and Manchester City, Tottenham are to talk to Harry Kane about a contract extension to keep him at the THS.
Spurs are to renew their interest in Wigan Athletic’s 19 year old striker Kyle Joseph after having a £150,000 bid for the player in the summer.
AC Milan, Liverpool, Manchester United and Spurs are said to be interested in signing Schalke 04’s 20 year old Turkish defender Ozan Kabak.
Valencia are rumoured to be keen to sign Harry Winks on loan in January.
- FIRST TEAM: – Tottenham beat Leeds United 3-0 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this afternoon. Match Report.
- COVID-19 : – Spurs will be taking action against Sergio Reguilon, Erik Lamela and Giovani Lo Celso after pictures emerged on social media of them attending a party with West Ham United London’s Manuel Lanzini in a flagrant breach of Covid-19 lockdown restrictions.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Real Madrid are keen to sign Heung-Min Son.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has been named as the new manager of Paris Saint Germain.
- OTHER NEWS : – Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has been re-appointed as the new manager of Burton Albion, after leaving the club five years ago.
HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM ALL AT MEHSTG. MAY IT BE A GOOD ONE FOR YOU PERSONALLY AND FOR THFC … AFTER ALL THE YEAR DOES END IN ONE !!
- TEAM NEWS : – Spurs will be without Gareth Bale (calf muscle) and Giovani Lo Celso (hamstring) for the visit of Leeds United to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium tomorrow, but Lucas Moura and Carlos Vinicius will both be available for selection.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Mauricio Pochettino is reported to be ready to make a move for Hugo Lloris when he takes over at Paris Saint Germain and the media reckon Tottenham will move for former Manchester United academy products Dean Henderson and Sam Johnstone (now at West Bromwich Albion) should the Spurs kipper depart.
Harry Kane is said to be a £90 million transfer target for Manchester City in the summer.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Sami Khedira of Juventus is being linked with a free transfer to Spurs after he spoke about a conversation he had about playing in the Premier League with Jose Mourinho. Everton are also keen on the former Real Madrid midfielder.
Bayer Leverkusen and Jamaica winger Leon Bailey is reportedly going to join Spurs according to the media, because he has signed with the same agent as Ryan Sessegnon.
- CONGRATULATIONS : – MEHSTG sends its congratulations to Harry Kane and wife Katie on the birth of their son, Louis Harry, yesterday.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham’s home match with Fulham has been postponed by the Premier League three hours before the 18.00 kick-off because of the number of positive Covid-19 tests recorded in the Craven Cottage’s squad and officials.
- AWARDS : – Jimmy Greaves has been awarded the MBE in the Queen’s New Year’s Honours List for his services to football.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Jack Clarke is reportedly a January loan target for Stoke City, Sheffield Wednesday and Coventry City.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs manager Christian Gross has been appointed as the new manager of Schalke 04 in Germany, replacing the ex-Huddersfield Town boss David Wagner.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham’s home match with Fulham tomorrow is in jeopardy after a number of positive Covid-19 tests within the West London club. If the game does go ahead, Spurs will be without Gareth Bale, who will be side-lined for a few weeks and Lucas Moura and Carlos Vinicius are both doubtful, who are currently receiving treatment for injuries.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Marcel Sabitzer is reported as having told RB Leipzig that he does not want to sign a new contract with the club and wants to join Tottenham. Talks are also reported to be underway to bring the Austrian international to Spurs in the January transfer window.
Atletico Madrid have terminated the contract of 32 year old striker Diego Costa and rumours are linking Jose Mourinho with a move for the player he previously manged at Chelsea.
Tottenham are also said to be watching Schalke’s American winger Weston McKennie, who is on loan at Juventus this season. Manchester United and Chelsea are also said to be interested in the 22 year old.
- OTHER NEWS : – Burton Albion sacked Jake Buxton tonight …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are said to have already begun talks with RB Leipzig about the transfer of midfielder Marcel Sabitzer, which could involve a player plus cash deal for him according to reports, although the Spurs player going the other way was not named.
Reports also rumour that Spurs are watching the contract situation of central defender Sergio Ramos at Real Madrid.
Manchester United and Tottenham are reported to be interested in signing midfielder Ivan Perisic from Internazionale, with the Croatian said to be available for around £11 million.
A £13 million return to N17 for Christian Eriksen is being touted by some sources, with Internazionale ready to offload the Danish international midfielder.
- OTHER NEWS : – Sheffield Wednesday have sacked manager Tony Pulis after 10 games.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham drew 1-1 away to Wolverhampton Wanderers tonight. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The Sun reveal that Davinson Sanchez has recently been offered to AC Milan.
Tottenham are being linked with a move for Reading’s 19 year old winger Michael Olise.
- TEAM NEWS : – Giovani Lo Celso is going to miss the Christmas and New Year matches with a hamstring injury, while Japhet Tanganga‘s shoulder injury rules him out of the trip to Wolverhampton Wanderers tomorrow.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Dele Alli is going to join Paris Saint Germain when Mauricio Pochettino takes over at the Ligue 1 club, according to the press.
The Daily Mirror reports that if Mauricio Pochettino takes the job at Paris Saint Germain, then Spurs will save £8.5 million a year by not paying up his contract which would have run until 2023.
WISHING A MERRY CHRISTAMS TO ALL OF OUR READERS. WE HOPE THAT YOU ARE WELL AND CAN ENJOY CHRISTMAS DESPITE THE CURRENT COVID RESTRICTIONS.
- LEAGUE CUP SEMI-FINAL : – The semi-final of the League Cup against Brentford has been arranged for Tuesday 5th January 2021 with the match kicking off at 19.45. If level at 90 minutes, extra time will be played and then decided by penalties should the match still be all-square.
- TEAM NEWS : – Giovani Lo Celso will miss the games over Christmas and New Year after picking up a hamstring injury in yesterday’s match at Stoke City
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Stoke City 3-1 at the Bet365 Stadium tonight in the quarter final of the League Cup. Match Report.
- LEAGUE CUP SEMI-FINAL DRAW : – Tottenham have been drawn at home to Brentford in the semi-final of the League Cup. The match will be played in the week starting 4th January 2021.
- DANNY ROSE : – Tottenham defender Danny Rose was involved in a high speed crash at 04.00 this morning on the A45 near Northampton and was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.
- FORMER PLAYER : – Former Spurs defender Kieran Trippier has been banned from world-wide football for 10 weeks by the FA after being found guilty of breaches of the betting regulations.
- OTHER NEWS : – Ian Holloway has resigned as manager of Grimsby Town … Michael Jolley took over as manager of Barrow today …
- TEAM NEWS : – Tottenham will still be without Japhet Tanganga and Erik Lamela through injury, while Jose Mourinho is expected to mix his team with players being rotated. Joe Rodon is cup-tied for the game at Stoke after playing in the competition already this season for Swansea City.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs midfielder Dele Alli may be a target for Newcastle United in the January transfer window.
RB Leipzig’s Austrian midfielder Marcel Sabitzer is being linked with a £45 million move to Tottenham should Tanguy Ndombele be sold. However, other sources feel that the move will spell the end for Dele Alli at Spurs.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – It is reported in Italy that Tottenham have made an offer for Fiorentina defender Nikola Milenkovic amidst interest from a number of clubs.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 0-2 to Leicester City at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this afternoon. Match Report.
- OTHER NEWS : – Watford appointed Xisco Munoz as their new manager today.
- TEAM NEWS : – Tottenham welcome back Gareth Bale into the matchday squad for tomorrow’s game against Leicester City after illness, but Erik Lamela and Japhet Tanganga will still be missing with injuries.
- UNDER-18s : – Spurs Under-18s earned a 0-0 draw with West Bromwich Albion at Hotspur Way this morning despite losing Maksim Paskotsi to a red card.
- UNDER-23s : – Spurs Under-23s ran out 4-3 away winners against Liverpool this afternoon in the Premier League 2. Jubril Okedina scored twice, with Jack Clarke and Brooklyn Lyons-Foster scoring the other two goals.
- OTHER NEWS : – Watford sacked manager Vladimir Ivic today.
- STEVEN BERGWIJN : – Following the game at Liverpool, Steven Bergwijn has received abuse through his Instagram account by some idiots who seemed to have the bizarre notion that it was his fault that we lost the match. These people bring shame to our club and while it may be something they think is big and clever, the Police might decide otherwise.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – It is reported that Jose Mourinho has spoken to Luka Modric about a return to Tottenham, although the Croatian midfielder said recently he would like to finish his career at Real Madrid.
- PUSKAS AWARD : – The goal scored by Heung-Min Son against Burnley on 7th December 2019 that saw him run from the edge of his own penalty area to score at the other end has won the FIFA Puskas award for the “most aesthetically significant, or “most beautiful”, goal of the calendar year”. See his goal on the Spurs website.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Liverpool have joined Tottenham and Leicester City in having an interest in signing AS Roma’s Brazilian 22 year old left back Roger Ibanez.
- LES DICKER : – The Tottenham outside left of the early 1950s, Les Dicker, died today in a nursing home having been suffering with Alzheimer’s Disease. MEHSTG sends our condolences to his family and friends.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 1-2 to Liverpool at Anfield tonight. Match report.
- JAN VERTONGHEN : – Jan Vertonghen revealed that he took months to get over the concussion he suffered in the Champions League semi-final home tie with Ajax, when he staggered off the field after playing on. The Belgian defender said it affected his performances all last season, meaning he cold not perform the way that he had wished.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Jose Mourinho has said that Harry Winks will not be leaving the club in the January transfer window.
- OTHER NEWS : – Slaven Bilic was sacked as the manager of West Bromwich Albion today and immediately replaced by Sam Allardyce.
Concussion substitutes are to be allowed by FIFA from January. The Premier League will discuss how they will operate, while they will be available to teams in the Third Round of the FA Cup onwards.
- TEAM NEWS : – Gareth Bale is still suffering from illness and misses the away game at Liverpool, while Japhet Tanganga will miss a couple of weeks with a shoulder injury he sustained in the Royal Antwerp match. Erik Lamela is still injured.
- FIXTURE CHANGES : – TV coverage of the following January Spurs matches has resulted in them being moved from their original scheduled times to those below.
Leeds United (home) – Saturday 2nd January, now kicking off at 12.30 (BT Sport)
Aston Villa (away) – Wednesday 13th January, kick-off 20.15 (Sky Sports)
Sheffield United (away) – Sunday 17th January, kick-off 14.00 – (Sky Sports)
Liverpool (home) – Thursday 28th January, kick-off 20.00 – (BT Sport)
Brighton & Hove Albion (away) – now Sunday 31st January with the kick-off at 14.00 (to be confirmed)
- AWARDS : – For the sixth year running Heung-Min Son has won the Male Player of the Year in South Korea award.
- COVID-19 : – With London being placed under Tier 3 restrictions by the Government, it means that football fans will not be able to attend matches at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium until they move out of that tier.
- EUROPA LEAGUE : – The draw for the Round of 32 of the Europa League has pitted Tottenham against Austrian debutants in the competition, Wolfsberger (not to be confused with German club Wolfsburg). The away first leg will be on Thursday 18th February 2021 with a 17.55 kick off and the second leg at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will be staged on Wednesday 24th February, kicking off at 17.00.
- UNDER-23s : – Spurs lost 2-3 to Chelsea’s Under-23s tonight at Kingsmeadow. Jubril Okedina and Dane Scarlett (on his debut at this level) gave Spurs a 2-0 lead before Chelsea levelled and went on to win after Danny Drinkwater and Alfie Devine were shown red cards.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Gareth Bale is widely reported (stories taken from Real Madrid’s media mouthpiece AS newspaper) to be watching the situation at Real Madrid and may return for one last season there should Zinedine Zidane lose his job.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham drew 1-1 with Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park this afternoon. Match Report.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs reserve striker Peter Beadle was sacked as manager of Barnet today.
- OTHER NEWS : – Barrow sacked manager David Dunn today.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Everton may be ready to offer Dele Alli or Harry Winks an opportunity for playing time by taking one of them on loan in January. Paris Saint Germain are believed to be keen on a fourth attempt to give Dele a move on loan to the French Champions. Alternatively, he could be allowed to leave on an 18 month loan with AS Monaco, Internazionale, AC Milan and RB Leipzig are also keen on signing the Spurs midfielder, but it is said that it unlikely that Daniel Levy will let him leave on a permanent deal this transfer window.
Real Madrid are thinking about activating the buy-back clause for Sergio Reguilon after his impressive start to the season with Tottenham. The deal would cost them £41 million in the summer, but the player has to want to re-join his old club for the move to go ahead.
- AWARDS : – Jose Mourinho has won the Manager of the Month award for November.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Borussia Dortmund, AC Milan, Liverpool and Juventus are all reportedly considering a move for Davinson Sanchez in the January transfer window.
Dele Alli is said to be the target of a loan move by Paris Saint Germain in January.
Tottenham, Everton, AFC Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich City are all vying to sign Juventus’ 33 year old German midfielder Sami Khedira.
- CONTRACT : – Midfielder Harvey White has signed a new deal with the club until 2024.
- FORMER PLAYERS : – Former Development Squad midfielder Kevin Stewart is currently training with Brentford to regain fitness while seeking a new club after being released by Hull City at the end of last season.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Royal Antwerp 2-0 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium tonight to top Europa League Group J tonight. Match Report.
- FIFA FIFPro MEN’S WORLD XI : – Tottenham have five players in the long-list for the FIFA best men’s players team of the year. Hugo Lloris, Toby Alderwireld, Dele Alli, Harry Kane and Heung-Min Son are in the running to be included in the side.
- TEAM NEWS : – Tottenham will be without Erik Lamela, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and Serge Aurier, but Tanguy Ndombele is back in training and could feature against Royal Antwerp tomorrow.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Everton, Arsenal and Spurs are reported to be ready to send representatives to watch Leon Bailey, the Jamaican winger, in action for Bayer Leverkusen in the Europa League tomorrow.
AC Milan have expressed an interest in signing central defender Davinson Sanchez.
- FA CUP : – Tottenham’s Third Round tie away at Marine will be played on Sunday 10th January 2021 with a 17.00 kick off, being screened live on BBC 1.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Former Spurs midfielder Christian Eriksen has been linked with interest from West Ham United London.
Tottenham’s interest in Newcastle United midfielder Sean Longstaff continues, which is a little baffling, as Oliver Skipp would be a better option and cost the club nothing.
Brentford forward Marcus Forss is a player that Spurs are keen to sign.
Tottenham are one of a number of clubs watching 29 year old Glasgow Rangers defender James Tavernier.
The Times report that Spurs have Torino striker Andrea Belotti lined up in a £40 million deal in the summer, which may put off the permanent signing of Carlos Vinicius.
- UNDER-23s : – Tottenham’s Under-23s won 3-2 away to Blackburn Rovers. Tottenham’s scorers were Kion Etete, Maurizio Pochettino and Harvey White with a penalty.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Paulo Dybala has reportedly been offered to England’s top six clubs, as Juventus try to raise cash to sign new recruits.
There is also reported Spurs interest in AC Milan’s midfielder Franck Kessie.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Arsenal 2-0 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this afternoon. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Because Newcastle United midfielder Sean Longstaff has signed with agent Pini Zahavi, the media believe this will leas to a move to Tottenham.
- UNDER-18s : – Tottenham’s Under-18s won 5-1 away to Crystal Palace this morning, with Dane Scarlett bagging a hat-trick (including one penalty) with the other goals being scored by Callum Cesay and Roshaun Mathurin.
- OTHER NEWS : – 2,000 lucky West Ham United London fans were allowed to attend their 1-3 defeat at the hands of Manchester United at the Taxpayer’s Stadium today.
Lee Johnson was appointed as the new Sunderland manager.
- TEAM NEWS : – Tottenham could be without Hugo Lloris (illness) and Harry Kane (injury) for Sunday’s home match against Arsenal. Joe Hart could be drafted in to keep goal. Jose Mourinho said he was confident that Kane might play a part and that Toby Alderweireld may be fit to play after picking up a groin injury against Chelsea last weekend. Erik Lamela is still side-lined though.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The general consensus among a number of internet reports is that Spurs will allow Harry Winks to leave the club in January.
- FORMER PLAYERS : – Manager Jamie O’Hara and his assistant Paul Konchesky left Billericay Town today by mutual agreement.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham drew 3-3 with LASK in Linz, Austria tonight to qualify for the knock-out stages of the Europa League. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Internazionale are expected to sell Milan Skriniar for around £45 million in January as they need to raise cash to rebuild their side and Tottenham are said to be ready to renew their interest in the Slovakian defender.
- TEAM NEWS : – Tottenham travelled to Austria for their Europa League meeting with LASK tomorrow without the injured Harry Kane, Toby Alderweireld, Carlos Vinicius, Erik Lamela and Sergio Reguilon. Joe Rodon, Paulo Gazzaniga and Gedson Fernandes are all ineligible after being omitted from the squad for this competition.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Some stories are still concentrating on interest in Ben White, Dominik Szoboszlai and Milan Skriniar.
Spurs are reportedly ready to listen to offers for Paulo Gazzaniga in January.
Loans for George Marsh and Anthony Georgiou are planned in January to get them some playing time in first teams somewhere.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham are reported to be interested in signing Brighton & Hove Albion’s central defender Ben White in January.
Meanwhile, other sources reckon that Internazionale and Slovakia defender Milan Skriniar is also being targeted by Spurs.
But then again, they could be looking to sign Sassuolo defender Gian Marco Ferrari, with a top offer of £15 million being readied for the 28 year old.
- FA CUP : – The Third Round tie against Marine may have to be moved to a larger nearby stadium if their ground is deemed not to be Covid-19 compliant.
Previous White Hot Lines