This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
To find out what was going on for the particular day in the past, click “On this day in Spurs history”.
Previous White Hot Lines.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Although Tottenham are reported to be the favourites to sign Feyenoord’s Mexican striker Santiago Giminez, it may not be until the summer.
It appears that Ange Postecoglou is having second thoughts about signing Portuguese striker Jota from Al-Ittihad, as he is concerned about whether he will be able fit into the style played in the Premier League.
Another player that Tottenham might move on from is AFC Bournemouth central defender Lloyd Kelly, who is currently injured.
- ECONOMIC IMPACT OF THE THS : – A report commissioned by the club has estimated that the economic worth of events held at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium during 2021-2022 amounted to £488 million. It also claims that the number of jobs that the club supports in Haringey, Waltham Forest and Enfield borough has increased from 1,800 to 3,700 that has increased the amount the government raised in tax from those occupations to £194 million from £39 million.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported in Italy to be keen on KRC Genk’s 19 year old Bilal El Khannouss – a Moroccan international midfielder -whose asking price is upwards of 18 million Euros.
Rumours today claim that Spurs will not allow Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg to go out on loan in January.
Chelsea, Newcash United and Tottenham are said to be interested in 17 year old Ajax youth keeper Tommy Setford.
- INJURY UPDATE : – Academy players are now suffering injuries like their firs team counterparts. Striker Mikey Moore is out for a month after suffering a calf injury while playing for England Under-17s, while midfielder George Abbott will be out of action for six weeks.
- FA YOUTH CUP : – Tottenham’s Third Round FA Youth Cup tie away against Brentford is to be played on Tuesday 5th December at Wheatsheaf Park, Staines, kicking off at 19.00.
- CLUB PARTNERSHIP : – Ledley King and Ossie Ardiles have been in India to announce the partnership the club have agreed with Kickstart FC of Bangalore.
- OTHER NEWS : – Cambridge United sacked their manager Mark Bonner today …
- INJURY UPDATE : – After being taken out on Sunday in the match against Aston Villa, Rodrigo Bentancur will be out of action with ankle ligament damage until February.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Liverpool, Mancashter United and Spurs are all said to be interested in signing Blackburn Rovers’ 19 year old midfielder Adam Wharton.
The same three clubs are also looking at buying £39 million rated OGC Nice defender Jean-Clair Tolibo, the 23 year old French international.
- LAW CHANGES : – IFAB, the international body who review the laws of the game, are to trial sin-bins in professional football after previously trying them out in lower leagues.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Spurs are reported to be making a bid to sign former Glasgow Celtic striker Jota on loan from Al Ittihad in the January transfer window.
- OTHER NEWS : – Morecambe have given an 18 month contract to Ged Brannan to be their new manager …
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 1-2 to Aston Villa at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this afternoon. MATCH REPORT.
- TERRY VENABLES : – Former Tottenham player and manager Terry Venables died yesterday following a long illness it was announced today. MEHSTG sends its condolences to his family and friends.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – 20 year old Sao Paulo central defender Lucas Beraldo is rumoured to be a target for Spurs, Liverpool, Newcash United, Mancashter United and Chelsea.
Tottenham are reported to be keen on signing 21 year old South Coast Big Club and Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Gavin Bazunu, who Spurs were keen on signing when he first left Shamrock Rovers for Mancashter City in 2019.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Today there are reports that Tottenham will look to terminate Hugo Lloris‘ contract with the club, as Ange Postecoglou wants him to leave Spurs, not being in his future plans.
More sources have repeated the rumour that Spurs may make a move for 22 year old Benfica central defender Morato.
20 year old PSV Eindhoven winger and Belgian international Johan Bakayoko could be a player Spurs will look to sign.
Tottenham are still watching Serhou Guirassy of Stuttgart according to stories today, who it is rumoured would be available for £15 million in January.
Rumours claiming Tottenham may make an approach to Brentford for striker Ivan Toney in January have been tempered by others that reckon the Bees will not sell him then.
- FRIENDLIES : – News stories have revealed that Spurs and Bayern Munich will play two friendlies as part of the deal that took Harry Kane to Germany.
- MEHSTG SPIN STORY : – Chelsea lot 1-4 to Newcash United after Reece James was sent off. Makes you wonder how they would have got on with nine men doesn’t it ?
- TEAM NEWS : – With injuries to Micky van de Ven, Ivan Perisic, James Maddison, Richarlison, Ryan Sessegnon, Manor Solomon and Alfie Whiteman, as well as suspensions being served by Cristian Romero and Yves Bissouma, Spurs have injury concerns over Pape Matar Sarr and Ashley Phillips. However, Destiny Udogie will be fit to play against Aston Villa on Sunday.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – 19 year old Danish left back Patrick Dorgu, who plays for Lecce in Italy, is a transfer target for Spurs and Chelsea, with the player admitting that the Pensioners are his favourite club.
Tottenham and five other Premier League clubs are watching Glentoran’s 15 year old forward George Feeney.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Struggling Dutch club Ajax are reportedly interested in signing Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in the January transfer window.
Benfica central defender Morato has been added to the ever-growing list of names linked with a move to Spurs.
AC Milan’s 22 year old Malik Thiaw is another player newly rumoured to be on a Tottenham wish-list for central defence to be signed in the winter transfer window.
Sporting Lisbon’s Goncalo Inacio is another defender said to be under consideration by Spurs.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Emerson Royal played all of Brazil’s 0-1 World Cup qualifying match defeat at home to Argentina this morning. Cristian Romero played the whole game for Argentina and Giovani Lo Celso started and completed 70 minutes before being substituted.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Reports are claiming that Spurs are dropping out of the chase to sign Chelsea defensive midfielder Trevoh Chalobah with concerns over his injury record.
The Daily Mail reports that Spurs may move for Crystal Palace centre-back Marc Guehi or Everton’s Jarrad Brathwaite in January, although with the fractious relationship between Tottenham and the Goodison Park club, the latter appears to be less than likely.
- TRANSFER IRREGULARITIES : – The FA have confirmed that they will be looking into the transfer of Jermain Defoe from Tottenham to Portsmouth in 2008, involving an unlicensed agent.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Heung-Min Son scored twice (one a penalty) and assisted with the other goal in South Korea’s 3-0 win over China in a World Cup qualifying match today.
The Republic of Ireland drew 1-1 at home to New Zealand in a friendly tonight, but Troy Parrott remained as an unused substitute.
Wales had a 1-1 draw with Turkey in the Cardiff City stadium tonight in a Euro 2024 qualifier that means they will have to play-off for a place in the finals. Ben Davies captained the team throughout the match, alongside Joe Rodon, with Brennan Johnson up front.
Pape Matar Sarr played the first 74 minutes of Senegal’s away 0-0 draw in Togo in a World Cup qualifier.
Italy gained a 2-2 draw against the Republic of Ireland in Dublin, with Josh Keeley keeping goal for Ireland in a U21 European Championship qualifying match.
Rodrigo Bentancur started and played 86 minutes for Uruguay in their 3-0 home World Cup qualifying win against Bolivia tonight.
Ashley Phillips captained England Under-19s in a 7-1 friendly win over Mexico in the Marbella Cup, being substituted at half-time by Spurs team-mate Alfie Dorrington. Jamie Donley scored twice in his 54 minutes on the pitch from the start and Will Lankshear came on in the 69th minute to score another of the England goals. Luca Gunter was an unused substitute.
- TRANSFER IRREGULARITIES : – News has broken today on a 15 year old transfer involving an unlicensed agent. Spurs are believed to have involved former player Mitchell Thomas, who did not possess the appropriate licence, during the move of Jermain Defoe to Portsmouth. The FA took no action at the time and have said that they are willing to review the case if new evidence is brought forward. The story comes after Everton were docked 10 points for financial irregularities, with a points deduction a possible outcome should the Spurs case be looked at again.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The agent of Genoa centre-back Radu Dragusin claims that he is in weekly contact with Spurs about a move for his client.
Another central defender Spurs are watching is Belgian side Union Saint-Gilloise’s Japanese international Koki Machida, who is 26.
A forward transfer target Tottenham have looked at previously, Jonathan David of Lille, is said to be available at a reduced price could be looked at again by Spurs, but AC Milan are also keen on the Canadian international.
- INJURY UPDATE : – Rumours today claim Ryan Sessegnon could be fit in December after returning to training.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs defender Mark Stimson has been sacked as manager of Grays Athletic.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Guglielmo Vicario was an unused substitute as Italy drew 0-0 with Ukraine in Leverkusen tonight to qualify for the finals of Euro 2024.
Denmark lost 0-2 to Northern Ireland in Belfast in a Euro 2024 qualifier tonight with Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg coming off the bench in the 61st minute.
Mali drew 1-1 at home to the Central African Republic today in a World Cup qualifier, with Yves Bissouma playing 62 minutes before being substitutes.
Alfie Devine played all of England Under-20’s 3-2 away friendly win over Germany while Dane Scarlett came on as a substitute in the 61st minute.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Barcelona seem set to step up their interest in signing Giovani Lo Celso after losing midfielder Gavi to injury. In other Barcelona news, Spurs are reported to have offered Cristian Romero to the Spanish club in exchange for winger Raphinha.
Tottenham are to have representatives, along with a number of other clubs, to watch the Austria v Germany friendly tomorrow, with potential midfield targets claimed to be 22 year old Nicolas Seiwald of RB Leipzig, 22 year old Matthias Seidl of Rapid Wien and Christoph Baumgartner, the 24 year old RB Leipzig forward.
AS Roma are strongly being linked with a move for Eric Dier, but Sporting Lisbon are also looking to re-sign the Spurs defender.
Everton are blaming their financial situation and 10 point deduction on Tottenham for forcing their hand to sell Richarlison for only £60 million, when they wanted £80 million, which would have saw them meet the threshold for losses over three years. Unfortunately for the Toffees, they want Tottenham to relax the price tag they will have to meet if Dele Alli makes a set number of appearances and their claims about who is responsible for their current dilemma means that they are not likely to receive a sympathetic ear when they approach Spurs again.
AS Roma midfielder Bryan Cristante is rumoured to be the subject of a bid from Tottenham, who are willing to meet their £26 million asking price.
- OTHER NEWS : – Derek Adams has left his post as manager of Morecambe …
- INTERNATIONALS : – Dejan Kulusevski played in Sweden’s home Euro 2024 qualifier against Estonia tonight, completing the whole of the 2-0 win in Solna.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Today’s rumour include a story that claims Spurs may do a deal with Leeds United to take Joe Rodon to Elland Road, while Italian winger Wilfried Gnonto comes to N17.
Spurs and Chelsea are reported to be after £30 million rated 18 year old Club Brugge striker Antonio Nusa.
Some reports claim that Tottenham are not interested in Barcelona’s striker Ansu Fati, who is currently loaned to Brighton & Hove Albion, while others say Spurs will be back in for him, as he will be available for a fee of around 30 million Euros because he does not intend to stay at the Amex.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Joe Rodon and Ben Davies both started Wales’ 1-1 draw in their Euro 2024 qualifier in Armenia while Brennan Johnson was a substitute, who came on in the 50th minute.
Troy Parrott came on as a 90th minute substitute in the Republic of Ireland’s 0-1 defeat by the Netherlands in Amsterdam.
In Senegal’s 4-0 World Cup qualifying win over South Sudan, Pape Matar Sarr opened he scoring after 40 seconds, but was substitutes in the 63rd minute.
Luca Gunter played all of England Under-19s 3-2 win over Japan in a friendly in Marbella. Will Lankshear scored after starting the match, but was taken off in the 63rd minute, while Alfie Dorrington started but was substituted in the 76th minute by Ashley Phillips. At the same point in the match, Jamie Donley came off the bench too and scored the last minute winner for England.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – A story today claims that Spurs are keen on signing 18 year old Sunderland midfielder Jobe Bellingham.
17 year old Motherwell central midfielder Lennon Miller is being eyed by Tottenham amongst a group of Premier League sides who have him in their sights, as well as Glasgow Celtic and Glasgow Rangers.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Cristian Romero played the whole match as Argentina lost 0-2 at home to Uruguay in a World Cup qualifier this morning. Giovani Lo Celso was an Argentina substitute who came on in the 80th minute. Rodrigo Bentancur came off the Uruguay bench in the 62nd minute.
Brazil lost their away World Cup qualifying game in Colombia 0-2, with Emerson Royal playing all of the match.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg played all of Denmark’s 2-1 Euro 2024 qualifier against Slovenia tonight.
Yves Bissoma stayed on the bench as his Mali side beat Chad 3-1 in a World Cup qualifying match.
The Republic of Ireland lost 2-3 in Norway with Josh Keeley in goal for their Under-21 European Championship qualifying game.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported as moving away from a move for Brentford striker Ivan Toney and will focus on signing Barcelona’s out of favour winger Raphinha, who one report is quoted as saying is being used by the Spanish club in a proposed swap deal for Cristian Romero.
Spurs are again linked with a loan move for Al-Ittihad striker Jota, who played at Glasgow Celtic under Ange Postecoglou.
- OTHER NEWS : – Everton have been handed a 10 point deduction to take effect immediately for failing to control their spending, having exceeded the cut-off line for losses recorded over three consecutive seasons.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Heung-Min Son scored once in South Korea’s 5-0 World Cup qualifying win over Singapore today.
Dejan Kulusevski played all of Sweden’s 0-3 defeat in Azerbaijan in a Euro 2024 qualifying game today.
Alfie Devine played all of England Under-20s 0-3 defeat by Italy at Doncaster Rovers tonight, with Dane Scarlett starting but being substituted after 70 minutes.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are being touted as favourites to sign Juventus winger Samuel Iling-Junior, who appears keen on a move back to the Premier League after starting his career at Chelsea.
- EX-SPURS : – Matthew Etherington has been confirmed as the permanent manager at Colchester United.
- OTHER NEWS : – Des Buckingham has been appointed as the new manager at Oxford United …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Leyton Orient and Charlton Athletic are keen to take Spurs U21 striker Jamie Donley on loan.
Tottenham are rumoured to be interested in signing Al Hilal and former Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Ruben Neves.
With clubs interested in Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, it is reported that Spurs might want to sell him to raise money for his replacement, who is rumoured to be 22 year old Brazilian Andre Trindade, who plays for Fluminense.
Brighton & Hove Albion are supposedly asking over £100 million for 19 year old striker Evan Ferguson.
INTERNATIONALS : – Ashley Phillips captained England Under-19s to a 6-0 win over Romania in Marbella today, playing 71 minutes, being partnered by Alfie Dorrington, who played the whole game. Among the scorers were Jamie Donley who scored twice in 60 minutes he played from the start, while Will Lankshear also found the net after coming off the bench in the 60th minute. Luca Gunter was an unused substitute.
Guglielmo Vicario has been taken ill while away with the Italy squad and a replacement has been called up.
- STAFFING NEWS : – Junior Academy Senior Groundsman Oliver Deeming is set to leave the club to become Head Groundsman at FC Copenhagen.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reported to be willing to sell Joe Rodon to Leeds United for a fee of £20 million.
The Tottenham interest in Chelsea’s Trevoh Chalobah are rumoured to be strengthening, with the Pensioners reported to be ready to let him leave.
- OTHER NEWS : – Leeds United Under-21 Head Coach Michael Skubala has been appointed as the new manager of Lincoln City …
- INJURY NEWS : – An injury to Destiny Udogie has caused him to be withdrawn from the Italy squad for their games in the next two weeks, but it said to be as a precaution after his recent absence from the team.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported as having been watching two Sporting Lisbon players who were with English clubs, but only made one League Cup appearance each during their time in the country. Former Spurs midfielder Marcus Edwards has been linked with the club for a while and Pedro Goncalves is a winger who spent two years at Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Richarlison has emerged as a January transfer target for clubs in Saudi Arabia.
Real Madrid are said to be interested in signing Cristian Romero.
Tottenham are rumoured to be interested in signing 20 year old England Under-21 and former Chelsea youth winger Samuel Iling-Junior from Juventus in January.
A new name being linked with a move to Tottenham is AS Roma midfielder Bryan Cristante, with the 28 year old thought to be available for 30 million Euros.
Radu Dragusin, the 21 year old Genoa defender, has been linked with Tottenham before when he was a Juventus player and is now featuring in stories about a move to provide competition in the Spurs defence.
Reinforcing the attacking options at the THS, stories are claiming SSC Napoli striker Victor Osimhen, but a number of other clubs are likely to feel the same should be become available.
Crystal Palace central defender Marc Guehi is reported to be back on the Spurs hit list for the January transfer window.
- TOTTENHAM ’84 UEFA CUP HEROES : – Read a report on last night’s show featuring four of our players from the 1984 UEFA Cup Final.
- OTHER NEWS : – Matt Taylor (not the one who was our former U18 manager) was sacked as the manager of Rotherham United today …
- UNDER-21s : – The Under-21s beat Peterborough United Under-21s 2-0 at Stamford AFC’s ground in the Premier League Cup this afternoon. Will Lankshear and Rio Kyerematen were Tottenham’s scorers.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Today, it is claimed that Tottenham are keen on signing St. Patrick Athletic’s full-back Sam Curtis. The two Mancashter clubs and Newcash are also watching the 17 year old.
Central defender Ko Itakura of Borussia Monchengladbach is back in the news as a potential defensive signing by Spurs.
- FIRST TEAM : – The first team lost 1-2 to Wolverhampton Wanderers at Molineux this afternoon. MATCH REPORT .
- UNDER-18s : – The Under-18 team were away to Leicester City this morning and won 4-1 with goals from Yusuf Akhamrich, Damola Ajayi, Leo Black and Tyrese Hall.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – A strange rumour reckons Spurs might make a move for Leeds United central defender Pascal Struijk in January. Other reports claim an interest in Red Bull Salzburg’s central defender Strahinja Pavlovic, with Tottenham having the Serbian international left-sided centre half in action.
- Norwegian striker Antonio Nusa of Club Brugge is attracting a lot of interest and having turned down Chelsea, Woolwich Wanderers, Newcash United and Tottenham are chasing the 18 year old with Ajax, Olympique Lyonnais, AS Monaco and Borussia Dortmund are also keen on him.
- EX-SPURS : – Former youth team striker Reo Griffiths has had his contract with Doncaster Rovers cancelled by mutual consent.
- INJURY NEWS : – The injury to James Maddison is worse than first thought and his ankle injury will keep him out until the New Year, so he has been withdrawn from the England squad he was only included in yesterday.
- AWARDS : – Ange Postecoglou has become only the third manager to win the Premier League Manager of the Month award in three consecutive months, taking the October trophy and is the first to win it in the first three months of managing in the Premier League.
Forward Jamie Donley won the Premier League 2 Player of the Month award for October.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Links today with a “mega-money” move for Juventus forward Federico Chiesa have emerged.
Stories linking Spurs with a move for Brentford striker Ivan Toney have also appeared again.
Rumours about signing a Micky van de Ven replacement recycle the Gleison Bremer, Lloyd Kelly, Perr Schuurs and Victor Nelsson links.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Pape Matar Sarr has been include din the Senegal squad to play matches against South Sudan and Togo.
Will Lankshear has won his first England Youth call-up, included in the Under-19 squad to face Romania, Mexico and Japan in Spain over the next two weeks. Luca Gunter, Alfie Dorrington and Ashley Phillips are all joining him in the same group.
Dane Scarlett is in the England Under-20 squad (now known as the England Elite League squad) for matches against Italy and Germany.
- INTERNATIONALS : – James Maddison has been included in the England squad to play Malta and North Macedonia in Euro 2024 qualifying matches.
Emerson Royal has been picked for the Brazil squad to face games against Colombia and Argentina in World cup qualifiers.
Troy Parrott has been selected in the Republic of Ireland squad for a Euro 2024 qualifier against the Netherlands and a friendly against new Zealand.
England Under-17s won 5-1 in Croatia as they began their Under-17 European Championship qualifying campaign. Mikey Moore grabbed a hat-trick and Callum Olusesi was an unused substitute.
- INJURY NEWS : – Richarlison has had surgery on a long-standing groin injury.
There was good news and bad news about Micky van de Ven, who won’t need surgery on his hamstring injury, but he may be out until January, while the injury to James Maddison is not as bad as first thought.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – It is rumoured in Italy that Bologna may look to make a loan move for Spurs striker Alejo Veliz.
Another Italian story reckons that Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg has agreed terms with both Juventus and Atletico Madrid.
Argentine midfielder Federico Redondo of Argentinos Juniors is reported to be a player Tottenham are keen on, with Liverpool and a number of other clubs also keeping an eye on the 20 year old.
Most of today’s links are coming from outside the UK, with one from Spain claiming that Tottenham are working on an agreement to sign Leicester City midfielder Wilfried Ndidi.
Tottenham are monitoring Torino’s 23 year old Dutch central defender Perr Schuurs.
Galatasaray are looking to start talks about returning on loan Tanguy Ndombele to Tottenham, while rumours are speculating that they want to take Rodrigo Bentancur on loan until the end of the season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Red Bull Salzburg are attracting a lot of attention at the moment. Crystal Palace, Woolwich Wanderers, West Ham United London and Spurs are all watching their 19 year old striker Karim Konate; Woolwich Wanderers and Tottenham have been watching both 19 year old attacking midfielder Oscar Gloukh and 20 year old midfielder Lucas Gourna-Douath.
A rumour today is linking Newcash United, Glasgow Rangers, AFC Bournemouth, Burnley, Crystal Palace and Tottenham with a move for 25 year old Everton central defender Ben Godfrey. Alternatively, the deal for club America centre-half Sebastian Caceres is reported to be completed very soon or that Spurs will make an offer for Harry Maguire of Mancashter United in January. United, Chelsea and Tottenham are all apparently keen on Juventus’ Brazilian central defender Gleison Bremer. Other reports say Spurs will go all out to sign AFC Bournemouth’s Lloyd Kelly in January, with the player rumoured to favour a move to the THS rather than Liverpool or Newcash United, but the Cherries are said to be willing to ignore interest in the England under-21 international and allow him to run his contract at Dean Court down, with the potential of becoming a free agent in the summer. The former Bristol City man had a good relationship with Spurs defensive coach Matt Wells, who worked with Kelly at Bournemouth. Another Spurs defensive target, Tosin Adarabioyo of Fulham is also out of contract in the summer and is currently having to recover from groin surgery, but is expected to return to playing in the next few weeks.
Spurs, Liverpool and Woolwich Wanderers are all interested in 22 year old defensive midfielder Andre Trindade of Fluminense.
Juventus directors are reported to be in London looking to talk about January signings, including Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg. Apparently, Spurs want 40 million Euros and the Serie A club only want to pay 25 million Euros, which might leave the door open to Mancashter United trying to move for the Dane, although Daniel Levy would be loathe to sell to another Premier League club. If the move to Juventus is on the cards, Spurs might use it as an opportunity to prise 23 year old Andrea Cambiaso away from the Turin club to strengthen our left-back options in a swap deal.
Chelsea and Tottenham are both said to be interested in bringing Sporting Lisbon midfielder Marcus Edwards back to London, but Spurs hold a financial advantage, as they have a 35% sell-on clause in his contract from when he left N17, which was re-negotiated during the purchase of Pedro Porro from the Portuguese club, so the £60 million transfer fee would be substantially reduced.
AS Roma are keen not to spend any money in the January transfer window, so are hoping to sign Eric Dier on a six month loan, then sign him permanently for free when his contract expires in the summer.
Tottenham, Chelsea, Mancashter United and Woolwich Wanderers are all watching Ivan Toney‘s situation at Brentford, who want £100 million for his services. A figure less than that might see him leave the GTech stadium, but he could wait until his contract expires in the summer of 2025.
A new link to Genoa winger Albert Gudmundsson has emerged today, with Spurs believed the have had him watched on more than one occasion recently.
- RICHARLISON : – The Spurs striker has said that he has been struggling with a pelvic problem for eight months and is considering surgery to put it right.
- PAT JENNINGS : – The legendary Spurs keeper Pat Jennings unveiled a statue of himself in Newry, Northern Ireland today.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Heung-Min Son has been called up for the South Korea World Cup 2026 qualifying internationals against Singapore and China.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg is in the Denmark squad for their Euro 2024 matches against Slovenia and Northern Ireland.
Ben Davies, Brennan Johnson and Joe Rodon are all in the Wales squad for their Euro 2024 qualifying matches against Armenia and Turkey later this month.
Dejan Kulusevski has been selected for the Sweden squad that will play Euro 2024 qualifiers against Azerbaijan and Estonia.
- RACISM : – A Crystal Palace supporter has been banned from attending football matches for three years after being caught making racist gestures at Heung-Min Son in the home match in May last year. He was fined £1,384, with £85 costs and has to carry out 60 hours of Community Service. He will have to surrender his passport during times when there are international fixtures, so will be unable to travel abroad when Euro 2024 is taking place.
- WHITEWEBBS PARK : – Tottenham’s lease for the use of part of the former golf course at Whitewebbs Park (next to Hotspur Way) that was granted by Enfield Council is to be challenged by local residents in the High Court. A judicial review of the decision will take place early in 2024.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Spurs are reported to be interested in 29 year old Brentford midfielder Christian Norgaard.
- PAT JENNINGS : – During Monday night’s game Pat Jennings was taken ill and went to hospital for tests, which thankfully were clear. He will attend his home town of Newry in Northern Ireland tomorrow for the unveiling of a statue of him.
- UNDER-21s : – Cambridge United beat our Under-21s in the EFL Trophy this evening at the Abbey Stadium. Tottenham’s goal was scored by Will Lankshear.
- EX-SPURS : – Nuno Espirito Santo has been sacked by Al-Ittihad for a bust-up with Karim Benzema.
- OTHER NEWS : – Liam Manning was appointed as the new manager of Bristol City today … .
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 1-4 to Chelsea tonight at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. MATCH REPORT.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – A story today claims Spurs are interested in signing 26 year old Leicester City defensive midfielder Wilfried Ndidi in the January transfer window.
Mancashter United outcast Jadon Sancho is rumoured to be a target for Tottenham, with a loan move with the option of a permanent move being claimed, with a price set for the winger of £35 million.
Uruguayan international centre-back Sebastian Caceres of Mexican side Club America is claimed to be happy to join Spurs, with talks for the 24 year old’s transfer said to be already in motion.
INTERNATIONALS : – England Under-17s enjoyed a 5-0 win over Kosovo in Croatia in their Under-17 European Championship qualifying campaign. Callum Olusesi scored twice in the 90 minutes, while Mikey Moore was substituted in the 62nd minute.
- OTHER NEWS : – Graham Alexander was appointed as the new manager of Bradford City today … Millwall have named Joe Edwards as their new boss … …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Rumours link Tottenham with an interest in Slobodan Rubezic, the Aberdeen central defender.
Another Scottish Premier League player Spurs are said to have been watching is Glasgow Celtic’s Japanese striker Kyogo Furuhashi.
Links with a move for Mancashter Ctiy midfielder Kalvin Phillips are heavily featured in stories today.
- MEHSTG SPIN STORY : – The Woolwich Wanderers Under-18 match at Brighton yesterday had to be postponed because the coach driver took them to Bournemouth. Looks like the Gooners are heading in the wrong direction.
- UNDER-18s : – The unbeaten League run that the Under-18s have had since the start of the season came to an end at Hotspur Way as they were beaten 2-5 by Crystal Palace, with all the goals coming in the first half, when Tottenham had pulled back to 2-2 with goals from Damola Ajayi and Ellis Lehane.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs among a clutch of clubs rumoured to be interested in OGC Nice midfielder Jean-Clair Todibo, who is set to leave the French club in the summer.
It is claimed in the media today that Eric Dier‘s contract talks have broken down and the player will be looking to leave N17 at the end of the season when his contract expires.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Everton are in talks with Spurs to try to re-negotiate the deal for Dele Alli, as the Toffees will need to pay £10 million if he plays seven more matches for them.
Tottenham may make a loan move in January for Al-Ittihad and former Glasgow Celtic striker Jota.
- UNDER-21s : – The unbeaten run from the start of the season continued for our Under-21s with a 4-3 away win over Norwich City as goals from Yago Santiago, Jude Soonsup-Bell and two from Will Lankshear put Tottenham seven points clear of Woolwich Wanderers in second place.
- INTERNATIONALS : – England Under-17s thrashed the Faroe Islands 8-0 in Croatia in an Under-17 European Championship qualifying match. Callum Olusesi played the whole match, while Mikey Moore scored once before being substituted in the 58th minute.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs Under-18 coach Yaya Toure has been appointed assistant coach to the Saudi Arabian national team under Roberto Mancini.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are ready to revisit a move for AFC Bournemouth’s central defender Lloyd Kelly in the January transfer window. Or Galatasaray’s Danish centre-half Victor Nelsson, according to other stories that say he has a £26 million release clause in his contract with the Turkish club, while others claim Tottenham have no interest in signing the 25 year old.
An Italian website reckons that Juventus are watching Giovani Lo Celso‘s situation at Tottenham.
A report today claims Tottenham are watching 22 year old Sporting Lisbon striker Geny Catamo, although his club are confident that they can hold onto him.
It transpires that Galatasaray will be unable to end Tanguy Ndombele‘s loan spell, as there is not a clause in the contract to allow his return to N17 before the end of the season.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs assistant manager Kevin Bond has been re-appointed to that position at Bristol Rovers following the sacking of Joey Barton.
- OTHER NEWS : – Nigel Adkins has been given the job of manager of Tranmere Rovers …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Stories today claim that Tottenham would accept offers of around £15 million to £20 million for Giovani Lo Celso in the January transfer window.
Spurs and Newcash United are watching Carlos Leonardo, the 20 year old Santos forward.
- AWARDS : – Yves Bissouma and Pape Matar Sarr have been nominated for the African Player of the Year award.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs midfielder Stephen Clemence has been appointed as the new manager of Gillingham.
Previous White Hot Lines.