This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
Previous White Hot Lines
- FIXTURE CHANGES : – A couple of Tottenham’s games have been moved for live coverage
– home to Manchester City on Saturday 21st November kick off 17.30 (Sky Sports)
– away at Chelsea on Sunday 29th November will kick off at 16.30 (Sky Sports)
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat LASK of Austria 3-0 in their Group J Europa League opening fixture at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium tonight. A match report will follow.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Danny Rose may have his contract with the club terminated to see his situation resolved.
Watford striker Troy Deeney has revealed that he had talks with Jose Mourinho in the summer transfer window over a move to Spurs.
16 year old Callum Flatman signed for Hearts in Scotland rather than for Spurs after a week’s trial, as he wanted a professional deal at 16 and didn’t want to work his way through the Academy system, so signed for The Jam Tarts as he was more likely to get in the first team there.
- UNDER-23s : – Midfielder Chay Cooper has joined his former club Southend United non a work experience loan to get some games under his belt.
- TEAM NEWS : – Spurs may have Giovani Lo Celso and Erik Lamela fit again as they have both been back in training prior to our meeting with LASK in tomorrow’s Europa League Group opener at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Eric Dier and Japhet Tanganga are both ruled out, while Joe Rodon is not in the club’s Europa League squad along with other absentees Gedson Fernandes, Paulo Gazzaniga and Danny Rose . Clubs are allowed 12 players on the bench and five can be used.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Watford have denied that they made a deadline day move to sign Danny Rose.
Spurs are being linked with a huge spending spree in next summer’s transfer window, with Marcelo Brozovic of Internazionale, Wout Weghorst of Wolfsburg and Edouard Camavinga, the 17 year old Rennes midfielder being targeted.
Assistant Manager Joao Sacramento is a target to become manager at Belgian rock-bottom club Mouscron, allegedly.
There are stories today that Tottenham are to make a decision on the futures of Erik Lamela, Serge Aurier and Gedson Fernandes. Lamela’s fitness record is being considered as he comes to one year before the expiration of his contract. Fernandes is struggling to get playing time and may be allowed to return to Benfica. Aurier was said to be on his way out of the club in the transfer window that closed earlier this month, but a club could not be found to sell him to.
Meanwhile, it is reported that Spurs are keen to produce a new contract for Heung-Min Son.
- UNDER-23s : – Tottenham Under-23’s away match against Blackburn Rovers, which was set to be played on Friday 30th October has been moved to Monday 7th December with a 19.00 kick off at the Lancashire FA Ground.
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE : – Reportedly, Liverpool and Manchester United are talking to FIFA and a dozen top clubs from the continent about the formation of an 18 club European Super League. It is said that Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are being thought to make up the remaining three places to make up the maximum of five English clubs believed to be allowed to take part in the multi-million pound competition.
- UNDER-23s : – The Under-23s drew 0-0 tonight with Everton at Southport FC to maintain their unbeaten start to the season.
The Under-23s away match against Manchester United will now take place at Leigh Sports Village on Sunday 22nd November 2020 kicking off at 17.00.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Watford made a late deadline day attempt to sign Danny Rose, but he rejected the move and Spurs were not too impressed by the offer the Hornets made for the left back.
- INJURY NEWS : – Troy Parrott will return to Tottenham from his loan spell at Millwall while he receives rehabilitation for his ankle injury. Alfie Devine is wearing an air boot on his right foot after picking up an injury in Saturday’s Under-18 game against Aston Villa. Erik Lamela and Giovani Lo Celso are both training again after being injured.
- EX-PLAYERS : – Jacques Maghoma, the former Spurs development squad striker, has signed for Indian Super League side East Bengal.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham drew 3-3 at home to West Ham United London this evening. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – January could bring a race between Tottenham and Liverpool to sign Leeds United midfielder Kalvin Phillips, who the media rate at £50 million. Tottenham are said to be among a number of clubs interested in signing 17 year old Rennes midfielder Eduoard Camavinga in the next summer’s transfer window, while they are once again linked with a move for Internazionale’s Croatian midfielder Marcelo Brozovic.
- UNDER-18s : – Tottenham’s Under-18s lost for the first time this season, 0-2 at home against Aston Villa.
- NEW SIGNING : – Tottenham completed the permanent transfer of defender Joe Rodon from Swansea City for an initial fee of £11 million, which could rise to £15 million. The 22 year old Welsh international will wear the number 14 shirt.
- LOANS : – Cameron Carter-Vickers has moved to AFC Bournemouth on loan for the remainder of the season, while Development squad goalkeeper Josh Oluwayemi has joined Maidenhead United on loan until January 2021.
- TEAM NEWS : – Eric Dier is a doubt for Sunday’s game against West Ham United London with a hamstring injury picked up while with England. Harry Kane (muscle fatigue) and Gareth Bale (knee) should be fit, but Giovani Lo Celso (thigh) and Japhet Tanganga (muscle injury) will definitely be missing form the matchday squad.
- FORMER PLAYERS : – Former development squad striker Aramide Oteh has joined Stevenage on loan from QPR.
- INJURY NEWS : – Eric Dier may miss the game against West Ham United London on Sunday with a hamstring injury picked up on England duty. Hopefully, everyone else returned from international duty without any further injuries.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs still hope to secure the services of Joe Rodon form Swansea City before tomorrow evening’s EFL transfer deadline, but the offer Tottenham have made is still some way from the Welsh club’s asking price.
- NORTHUMBERLAND DEVELOPMENT PROJECT : – The club have received planning permission from Haringey Council to develop the area to the North on the ground as a cultural quarter, continuing the Northumberland Development Project. This will be between Lilywhite House and the High Road, including a gallery, a live music recording studio, office and retail outlets. Called Northumberland Terrace or ‘Northern Studios THFC’, the area will also involve the restoration of the listed buildings fronting onto the High Road and these will be made ready for
- INTERNATIONALS : – Hugo Lloris was France’s captain as the beat Croatia 2-1 away from home in the Nations League.
Wales won 1-0 away in Bulgaria in a Nations League match tonight, with Ben Davies captaining his country.
Toby Alderweireld played 90 minutes of Belgium’s 2-1 away Nations League win over Iceland.
England lost 0-1 to Denmark at Wembley tonight. The Nations League match saw Harry Kane play the whole 90 minutes, while Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg played 88 minutes for Denmark before being substituted, with Christian Eriksen scoring the winning goal from the penalty spot on his 100th appearance for his country. Eric Dier had to withdraw from the England squad with a hamstring injury.
The Republic of Ireland lost 0-1 in Finland in the Nations League and Matt Doherty played all of the match.
Davinson Sanchez was in the Colombia side that drew 2-2 away to Chile in a World Cup 2022 qualifying match.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Spurs, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United and Leicester City will contest the £40 million signing of AFC Bournemouth’s Welsh winger David Brooks in the January transfer window.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Sergio Reguilon played the 90 minutes of Spain’s 0-1 Nations League defeat to Ukraine in Kiev tonight.
Juan Foyth was an unused substitute for Argentina in their 20-1 win over Bolivia in a World Cup 2022 qualifier.
Ryan Sessegnon was a key part of England’s Under-21s 2-1 win over Turkey Under-21s at Molineux tonight. He scored a deflected first goal and then passed to set up the second. Oliver Skipp also played the whole match, while Brandon Austin was an unused substitute.
Jack Roles played 74 minutes of Cyprus Under-21s 0-7 defeat by Holland in a European Championship qualifying match tonight.
Portugal Under-21s 3-0 win over Gibraltar in the same competition saw Gedson Fernandes come on at half-time.
Serge Aurier was Ivory Coast’s captain in their 0-1 friendly defeat by Japan in Utecht tonight.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Defender Danny Rose could leave before Friday’s EFL transfer deadline, with Middlesbrough showing some interest in the left back.
- STORY OF THE DAY : – Jack Wilshere is hoping for a move to a club in La Liga or Serie A … aren’t we all ?
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The January transfer window could be a busy time for Tottenham as they are linked with a return to Internazionale for a further attempt to sign defender Milan Skriniar.
Other claims reckon Tottenham and Everton will vie for the signing of Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik.
On report claims Tottenham have put a variety of flexible options to Swansea City in an attempt to sign central defender Joe Rodon, with a straight cash deal, a player plus cash swap or a loan back , which is helping with negotiations with the Swans.
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR STADIUM : – Spurs have been given permission by Haringey Council to increase the capacity of the stadium to 62,850 by rearranging the South Stand to allow the addition of further seating. This will be the final application for increasing the capacity without major works.
- OTHER NEWS : – Salford City sacked manager Graham Alexander today and filled his position with Paul Scholes, one of the club’s ownership team.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Ben Davies and Matt Doherty played all of the disappointing 0-0 Nations League draw between Wales and the Republic of Ireland this afternoon in Dublin.
Harry Kane was a 66th minute substitute for England in their 2-1 win over Belgium. Toby Alderweireld played the 90 minutes for Belgium, while Eric Dier completed the whole match for England at Wembley tonight.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg played all of Denmark’s 3-0 away win over Iceland in the Nations League.
France were captained by Hugo Lloris in their 0-0 Nations League draw with Portugal in Paris tonight.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The stories about Tottenham’s interest in Swansea City’s Welsh international centre back Joe Rodon range from a £7 million bid being made for him to Gareth Bale being the key to him joining Spurs, as he has always wanted to play alongside his idol. Meanwhile, Leicester City and West Ham United London (who seem to want to sign every Championship player going at the moment) are keen on Rodon too.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Sergio Reguilon was an unused substitute in Spain’s 1-0 win over Switzerland in the Nations League.
Davinson Sanchez played all of Colombia’s 3-0 win over Venezuela in their World Cup 2022 qualifying match early today.
- FIXTURE CHANGE : – Tottenham’s home game against Brighton & Hove Albion has been moved to a 19.15 kick off on Sunday 1st November for live coverage by Sky Box Office as a pay-per-view match.
- FORMER PLAYERS : – Former Development squad defender Nick Tsaroulla has joined Crawley Town on a free transfer after being released by Brentford B.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Argentina beat Ecuador 1-0 in their World Cup qualifier, with Juan Foyth getting on as a substitute in the 84th minute.
In a European Under-21 Championship qualifier, Gedson Fernandes played all of Portugal’s 4-1 win over Norway.
Jack Roles played 90 minutes of Cyprus Under-21s 2-1 win over Belarus in the same competition.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported to have offered goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga to Liverpool in the transfer window which has just closed, but the Merseyside club shunned the deal.
- TRANSFER : – Development squad striker Kazaiah Sterling has joined Southend United on loan until January 2021.
- OTHER NEWS : – Arsenal are looking to end Mezut Ozil’s contract after he offered to pay for Gunnersaurus’ wages following the club making the dinosaur redundant.
- EUROPA LEAGUE SQUAD : – Spurs have named the squad for the Europa League and Danny Rose, Paulo Gazzaniga and Gedson Fernandes have been omitted, but Alfie Whiteman and Jack Clarke have been included.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Ben Davies captained Wales for the 90 minutes of their 0-3 defeat by England at Wembley. Harry Winks started for England and played 76 minutes, before being substituted and former Spurs defender Kieran Trippier captained England.
Matt Doherty played the whole of Republic of Ireland’s 0-0 draw in Slovakia in the Euro 2020 play off semi-final, with extra time and penalties, the last of which he hit the bar with to see the home side through as 5-3 winners of the shoot-out.
Serge Aurier got 90 minutes playing time as captain for Ivory Coast in the 1-1 away draw in Belgium tonight.
- FORMER PLAYERS : – Defender Chris Gunter has left Reading on a free transfer to join Charlton Athletic.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs may offer Cameron Carter-Vickers in part exchange for Swansea City central defender Joe Rodon it has been claimed today.
- INTRENATIONALS : – Ryan Sessegnon was a 77th minute substitute for England Under-21s in their 3-3 away draw against Andorra Under-21s, with Oliver Skipp an unused substitute.
Sergio Reguilon played the first half of Spain’s 0-0 friendly draw in Portugal tonight.
Hugo Lloris was an unused substitute as France beat Ukraine 7-1 in a home friendly tonight.
- FORMER PLAYERS : – Former Spurs left back and Assistant Manager Chris Hughton is back in football, having been appointed as the new manager of Nottingham Forest.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Giovani Lo Celso has withdrawn from the Argentina squad with a thigh injury.
- TRANSFER RUMORUS : – Antonio Rudiger turned down a loan move to Tottenham from Chelsea because he feared a backlash from Stamford Bridge fans, even though he is said to have held positive talks with Jose Mourinho on the phone.
- OTHER NEWS : – Sabri Lamouchi was sacked as Nottingham Forest manager today … manager Gerhard Stuber left Barnsley to take over at New York Red Bulls today …
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY
- MOVES OUT : –
Ryan Sessegnon has moved to Hoffenheim for the remainder of the season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Everton were said to be interested in signing Paulo Gazzaniga, who has dropped to the number three keeper at Tottenham, following Joe Hart‘s signing. Liverpool are also touted as having an interest in buying the Argentine keeper.
Prior to signing Oscar Vicinius, Spurs are reported to have made a move for Olympique Lyonnais forward Moussa Dembele. The French club turned down the approach, even though it was thought that the player might have welcomed the move back to the Premier League, where he had played previously with Fulham.
Spurs are in negotiations with Swansea City about buying Welsh international central defender Joe Rodon, who the Swans rate at £18 million, while Spurs are looking to pay nearer £7 million. As an EFL player, the transfer can be completed up until 16th October.
Sky Sports claim that Tottenham also have their eyes on another central defender from the EFL, without knowing who it might be, but indicated that it might be in addition to the Rodon deal, if Spurs can find some common ground with Swansea City.
Danny Rose was linked with interest from FC Porto about a loan move, but nothing materialised.
Tottenham were rumoured to have made an enquiry about Manchester City central defender John Stones, but the player didn’t want to move to London.
Hertha Berlin were linked with a rumoured move for Moussa Sissoko.
There was a story that Daniel Levy was offered Christian Eriksen on a free loan, with Internazionale paying half of his wages until the end of the season.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Two Spurs players have withdrawn from their respective international squads because of injury, with Japhet Tanganga pulling out of the England Under-23 squad and Steven Bergwijn unable to join the Dutch squad.
- STORY OF THE DAY – A lot has been made of Arsenal making Gunnersaurus redundant, but I thought that he was extinct about 65 million years ago.
- STORY OF THE DAY 2 – Another heavyweight ex-Gooner who is a bit of a dinosaur was today set free after his club agreed to terminate his contract, leaving Jack Wilshere looking for a new medical room to inhabit.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Manchester United 6-1 at Old Trafford this afternoon. Match Report.
- TRANSFER : – Juan Foyth has joined Villarreal on a season long loan, but signed a new contract stretching until 2023 before he left for Spain.
- SIGNING : – Spurs have signed former Arsenal Under-23 defender Tobi Omole, who had been on trial with Tottenham. He has a one year deal and is eligible for the Premier League squad, but will mainly play in the Under-23s.
- TEAM NEWS : – Heung-Min Son is included in the squad that travelled North today to play Manchester United tomorrow. A late decision will be taken on his participation in the match.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Ryan Sessegnon is expected in Germany tomorrow to have a medical ahead of a season long loan at Hoffenheim.
Tottenham are said to be pushing for a deal to sign Juventus central defender Merih Demiral, although some reports claim that Antontio Rudiger favours a move to Tottenham on loan from Chelsea, as he wants to stay in London rather than join AC Milan or Barcelona. Tottenham are still hoping to come to an agreement with Internazionale to sign Milan Skriniar.
It is reported that Juan Foyth is set to move to Villarreal on loan, with an option to buy him next summer at the price of £13.6 million.
Paris Saint Germain are thought to be ready to make another offer to take Dele Alli on loan for the season after being rejected by Spurs yesterday.
- UNDER-23s : – Goals from Jack Clarke and Dilan Markanday earned Spurs Under-23s a 2-1 home win against South Coast Big Club in the Premier League 2 this morning.
- UNDER-18s : – Spurs Under 18s took on Fulham this morning at Hotspur Way and won 3-0 in the Premier Under-18 League thanks to goals from Yago Santiago, Dale Scarlett and Estonian debutant Maksim Paskotsi.
- EUROPA LEAGUE : – The draw for the group stage of the Europa League has been made in Nyon, Switzerland. Tottenham were the seeded team in Group J and will play PFC Ludogorets 1945 of Bulgaria, Austrian side LASK and Royal Antwerp (Belgium).
The schedule for the Group games is …
22 October – LASK (home)
29 October – Royal Antwerp (away)
5 November – Ludogorets (away)
26 November – Ludogorets (home)
3 December – LASK (away)
10 December – Royal Antwerp (home)
- SIGNING : – Benfica striker Carlos Vinicius has completed his loan move to Tottenham on a season long loan with an option to buy next summer. He will wear the number 45 shirt.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Manchester United was apparently Gareth Bale‘s preferred destination to leave Real Madrid for, but Chief Executive Ed Woodward kept him waiting so long that he decided to return to Tottenham.
Spurs allegedly offered Juan Foyth as part of the deal to bring Carlos Vinicius to the club. Alternatively, Foyth was offered in exchange for Samuel Umtiti of Barcelona, but the deal never came to anything. Benfica have announced on their website that the striker has left to join Spurs on a season long loan costing €3 million, but nothing has come out of N17 yet. That might come on Monday. The Portuguese club said that there is an option to buy him for €45 million, which would have the loan fee deducted if Tottenham went ahead with the purchase.
Cameron Carter-Vickers is a target for Luton Town, Swansea City and AFC Bournemouth.
With it looking likely that Ryan Sessegnon will go out on loan for the season, Glasgow Celtic have dropped out of the chase for the winger, but Hoffenheim, RB Leipzig and Hertha Berlin are keen to take him to Germany.
It is rumoured that Tottenham have told the agent of Arkadiusz Milik that they want to sign him next summer from SSC Napoli on a free transfer.
Tottenham are said to have rejected Paris Saint Germain’s £3 million offer to take Dele Alli on loan for the remainder of the season.
- FIXTURE CHANGES : – The following matches have been moved to accommodate Sky Sports TV’s live coverage of them …
Manchester United (away) Sunday 4th October; kick-off 16.30
West Ham United (home) Sunday 18 October; kick-off 16.30
Burnley (away) Monday 26 October; kick-off 20.oopm
- UNDER-21 INTERNATIONALS : – Japhet Tanganga, Ryan Sessegnon and Oliver Skipp are all included in the England Under-21 squad to play Andorra and Turkey in the international break.
- FORMER PLAYERS : – Ex-reserves defender William Troost-Ekong has left Udinese to join their sister club Watford. Another Development squad player – striker Keanan Bennetts – has joined Ipswich Town on loan for the season from Borussia Moenchengladbach.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Maccabi Haifa 7-2 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium tonight in the play-off for the group stages. Match Report.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham have been drawn away to Stoke City in the quarter-finals of the League Cup, with the game to be played in the week starting December 21st.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Paris Saint Germain are reported to have had a £1.5 million loan offer for Dele Alli rejected by Spurs.
Internazionale are saying that they do not want to sell Milan Skriniar in this transfer window, but if Spurs get closer to their asking price they may be persuaded to sell the Slovakian defender during “showdown talks” reportedly set for Saturday according to the Daily Express.
Tottenham are believed to be closing in on a loan deal for Carlos Vinicius from Benfica, with a £36 million option to buy him next summer. The player’s loan is reportedly agreed and he will fly to England for his medical tomorrow.
Olympique Lyonnais are interested in signing Serge Aurier, but he is not keen on the move.
Spurs are reported to have made a season-long loan bid for Antonio Rudiger, with an option to buy him at the end of the loan, but Chelsea want him to sign a one year contract extension before the loan goes ahead.
- INTERNATIONALS : – England have included Eric Dier, Harry Winks and Harry Kane in the squad for the upcoming friendly with Wales and Nations League matches against Belgium and Denmark.
- EUROPA LEAGUE : – TEAM NEWS – Heung-Min Son (hamstring) and Gareth Bale (knee) are out of tomorrow’s match at home to Maccabi Haifa, with Eric Dier and Erik Lamela expected to be rested.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reported to be in talks to sign Benfica striker Carlos Vinicius, some sources say it will be on loan.
Villarreal are supposedly in ‘advanced talks’ with Tottenham about a season long loan for Juan Foyth.
Spurs are believed to have had an approach for Bayer Leverkusen striker Lucas Alario rejected.
Some reports claim Tottenham are stepping up their move for SSC Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik, although other say they are not.
Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger is a player Spurs want to bring in on loan, with Kim Min-Jae of Beijing Guaon a back up if the move for the German international fails to materialise.
Ryan Sessegnon has been the subject of an approach by Glasgow Celtic to go to Scotland on loan for the season, but the move is said to be problematical.
- INTERNAITONALS : – Gareth Bale has been omitted form the Wales squad for the upcoming international break, but Ben Davies is included, while Matt Doherty is in the Republic of Ireland squad for their games.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Chelsea in the Fourth Round of the League Cup at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium tonight. The game finished 1-1 after 90 minutes and Spurs went on to win a penalty shoot-out 5-4. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Paris Saint Germain are alleged to be in talks with Tottenham about taking Dele Alli on loan.
Spurs and Arsenal are interested in 23 year old AS Roma midfielder Amarou Diawara.
Coming out of Italy, a story that both Spurs and Everton have had £25 million offers for 22 year old Juventus central defender Merih Demiral.
Lille right back Zeki Celik has told the Turkish manager that Spurs and Sevilla are still keen on securing his services.
Benfica striker Carlos Vinicius is a target for Crystal Palace, Leicester City and Tottenham, but the Portuguese club want 50 million Euros for the 25 year old.
SUSPENSION : – Goalkeeping coach Nuno Santos has been fined £8,000 and banned from the touchline for one match by the Premier League for his abusive language towards the match official on Sunday.
- INJURIES : – Heung-Min Son will be available for Spurs after the international break Jose Mourinho told the media today. He didn’t say how long after the break though !
- LEAGUE CUP : – Jose Mourinho told the press today that Spurs will not be able to challenge for the League Cup because of the manic fixture schedule they have been facing and the prioritisation of the Europa League over the domestic competition.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The big transfer flavour of the day is AFC Bournemouth striker Josh King, who Spurs are hotly tipped to bring in before the next week’s transfer deadline.
Outgoing to Leeds United might be Danny Rose, with the club he left looking at strengthening their left back position.
The newly promoted Whites are also keen to take Ryan Sessegnon on loan, but Brighton & Hove Albion are also interested.
The rumour of the day however, reckons Jose Mourinho has given the green light to bring in Christian Benteke from Crystal Palace for £9.45 million.
AS Roma have knocked back a move for their 21 year old Brazilian central defender Roger Ibanez by Spurs.
Tottenham are either pushing ahead with a move for Internazionale defender Milan Skriniar, cooling their interest or trying to secure a season-long loan with an option to buy for 40 million Euros next summer. Delete as appropriate.
Both Valencia and Fulham are keen to sign Argentine defender Juan Foyth from Spurs.
Chelsea’s unwanted defender Antonio Rudiger is apparently a transfer target for Tottenham.
Spurs have been offered Atletico Madrid front man Diego Costa.
Benfica striker Haris Seferovic is being considered as a potential target after moves to sign SSC Napoli forward Arkadiusz Milik have broken down.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham drew 1-1 with Newcastle United at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium this afternoon. Match report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Some articles claim that Spurs will make an official bid to Internazionale for Milan Skriniar on Monday, with personal terms supposedly agreed with the player.
The club are also reported to have held “concrete talks” with SSC Napoli striker Arkadiuz Milik, who wants wages of £165,000 a week to move to N17.
Under-23 ex-Arsenal player Tobi Omole is on trial with Tottenham, having appeared on the substitutes’ bench in today’s match against his former side and another trialist Marcel Lavinier , a former Chelsea Under-23 defender, who played the whole game.
- UNDER-23s : – A single Rodel Richards goal gave Spurs Under-23s a 1-0 away win over Arsenal in the Premier League 2 this afternoon.
- UNDER-18s : – Tottenham Under-18s drew 1-1 away at Brighton & Hove Albion this afternoon, with Nile John putting away a penalty to get a share of the points.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham have been awarded a bye in the League Cup as Leyton Orient were unable to fulfil the Third Round fixture. A home Fourth Round tie against Chelsea will be played on Tuesday 29th September against Chelsea. Kick off will be at 19.45 and the game will be shown live on Sky Sports.
- UNDER-23s : – Defender Maxwell Statham has left Spurs to sign a permanent deal with Watford.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The big rumour is still the talks on-going for Milan Skriniar with Internazionale, with some reports hinting that Juan Foyth or Mousa Sissoko could be included in a swap deal for the Slovakian defender.
The other story involving Spurs is that one of the central defensive targets – Ruben Dias of Benfica – is in advanced talks with Manchester City in a move to the Ethihad.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat FK Shkendaji of Northern Macedonia 3-1 in Skopje tonight in the Third Qualifying Round of the Europa League. Match report.
This means Spurs will face Maccabi Haifa in the Play-off for the group stages of the competition, with the match to take place on Thursday 1st October with a 20.00 kick off at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – AS Monaco are said to be interested in taking Dele Alli on loan, with former Spurs Head of Recruitment Paul Mitchell now working for the Ligue Un club. AC Milan have re-ignited their interest in Serge Aurier, while Tottenham talks with Internazionale are on-going in an attempt to find common ground on a fee for Milan Skriniar. Tottenham’s striker search is taking in Haris Seferovic of Benfica, with a permanent deal being examined, although Tottenham will only offer 15 million Euros for the Swiss forward.
- TEAM NEWS : – Japhet Tanganga has returned to training, but his thigh injury rules him out from the trip to North Macedonia for the Europa League qualifying match against KF Shkendija. Sergio Reguilon is not on the club’s squad list for the competition as yet and will not travel, with Gareth Bale still suffering with a knee injury and staying at home too.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Rumours are that Tottenham will receive a bye through to the Fourth Round of the League Cup, according to the London Evening Standard, with Leyton Orient accepting they will not be able to argue a contrary case. Chelsea await the outcome of the EFL’s decision on the postponed fixture.
- FIXTURE CHANGE : – Tottenham’s game a Old Trafford that was scheduled for Saturday 3rd October will now take place on Sunday 4th October with a 16.40 kick-off for live coverage on Sky Sports.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham Technical Director Steve Hitchen is believed to be in Milan negotiating a move for Internazionale’s Slovakian international defender Milan Skriniar. It is reported that Tottenham have made an opening bid of £32 million, whereas Inter are said to want 60 million Euros for the 25 year old. Other reports claim Tottenham are offering 55 million Euros with add-on clauses.
Also in Italy, Spurs are said to be talking with SSC Napoli for a deal to secure the signing of Polish striker Arkadiusz Milik.
A move to Spartak Moscow has been rejected by Serge Aurier after a £15 million move for the Ivory coast right back was worked out by Daniel Levy.
19 year old Tomas Taveres of Benfica has been told to train with the reserves as he is not going to feature in the first team plans of manager Jorge Jesus. He is expected to leave this week on loan with a view to a £30 million move afterwards, with Tottenham having been linked to the youngster.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham’s League Cup tie against Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road tonight has been postponed because of the positive tests for Covid-19 on the majority of their squad (according to reports). No decision on what happens next has been made and the O’s chairman expects the match to be played while other reports indicate that Tottenham may be given a walkover with a fixture pile-up looming if the tie has to be staged at a later date.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Dele Alli‘s omission from the Spurs squad has set the transfer tongues a wagging and PSG are interested in signing him, but the Financial Fair Play rules might prevent them (much like they stopped Manchester City last season), so a loan deal might be on the cards. He also interests Internazionale, but Daniel Levy will not allow him to leave without any club who want to sign him having to pay a substantial fee for the midfielder.
Jose Mourinho is very keen to re-unite with Jesse Lingard after their spell at Gold Trafford together, but it may be that Mourinho has ruled out a move for Lingard … depends which website you read.
There has been a resurgence in the links with Internazionale defender Milan Skriniar, who the Serie A side want 60 million Euros for. Talks are allegedly underway, with Spurs looking to barter the fee downwards.
With Arkadiusz Milik‘s move from SSC Napoli to AS Roma breaking down, Tottenham are looking to resurrect a deal for the Polish striker, with a price of £
Haris Seferovic of Benfica could be a loan signing for Spurs, as the striker search continues.
The agent of Gareth Bale has said that if all goes well in his one year at Tottenham, he could see it as a simple deal to extend his stay so that he doesn’t have to go back to Real Madrid.
Danny Rose‘s proposed move to Genoa seems to have broken down, with the Italian club struggling to make the wage demands from the left back. This has meant the England international is being offered to clubs across Spain and France in an attempt to move him off the books at Tottenham.
The German press claim that Spurs have made an approach to Mainz for their 23 year old forward Jean-Philippe Mateta to ask how much they might want to sell him.
Real Sociedad striker Willian Jose appears to be in a tug-of-war between Spurs and Barcelona, with the Brazilian’s fee dropping to £27.5 million, although his release clause if for £64.16 million.
- COVID-19 : – with rising rates of infections across England, the Government have introduced new restrictions on various aspects of life, with the return of fans to football grounds “paused” and that could be for up to six months, with other measures announced today potentially being in place for the period of time.
- COVID-19 : – Leyton Orient have had a number of positive tests for Covid-19 returned on their first team players ahead of the League Cup tie with Tottenham tomorrow. Should the EFL call the match off, with Tottenham’s fixture schedule making it difficult to re-arrange the tie, Spurs would be awarded the walkover and progress to the Fourth Round, but both clubs are awaiting a statement from the governing body.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Wolfsburg striker Wout Weghorst could be a Spurs player by the end of the week according to the media in Holland.
Benfica may be looking to sell Carlos Vinicius, with Spurs said to be keen on the 40 million Euros rated forward. However, Spurs are again linked with Benfica defenders Ruben Dias and Tomas Tavares.
Alexander Sorloth is a target for Spurs and Manchester United as the 24 year old forward looks set to leave Trabzonspor.
Danny Rose is interesting West Ham United London.
Serge Aurier could be on his way to Russia with Spartak Moscow making claims that they are confident of securing his signature.
The rumoured £30 million target for Spurs, Jesse Lingard, has been the subject of talks with Manchester United according to ESPN.
- SIGNING : – 17 year old central defender Maxsim Paskotsi has signed a three year deal to join Tottenham from Estonian club Flora Tannin.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat South Coast Big Club at the St. Mary’s Stadium 5-2 this afternoon. Match report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Dele Alli is supposedly the subject of an enquiry from Paris Saint Germain after he has been omitted from the team for two games running. Jose Mourinho says he expects Dele to stay and fight for his place in the team.
Spartak Moscow believe they are the club who will sign Serge Aurier during this transfer window
Tottenham have allegedly been tracking the Benfica striker Haris Serefovic, who has 65 Switzerland caps and have had a bid of £13.6 million turned down for the forward.
- SIGNINGS : – Tottenham have signed Real Madrid left back Sergio Reguilon on a five year deal for a reported £25 million. Reguilon will wear the number 3 shirt.
Spurs have also made a loan signing from Real Madrid, with midfielder/forward Gareth Bale arriving for the remainder of the season, with an option for one more season, costing Spurs a reported £15 million in wages and fees according to Sky Sports. Bale will be allocated the number nine shirt.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Following today’s transfers, the Daily Star speculate that Tottenham want to sign Manchester United forward Jesse Lingard for £30 million to resurrect his career.
- UNDER-18s : – The Spurs Under-18 team beat Arsenal 2-0 this morning at Hotspur Way. A Dale Scarlett penalty and a goal form Yago Santiago handed Tottenham w in over the South London side.
- EUROPA LEAGUE : – The draw for the play-off round to qualify for the group stages of the Europa League has been made and the winner of our Third Round qualifying Round tie with KF Shkëndija will be at home to FC Rostov of Russia or Israeli side Maccabi Haifa.
The tie with KF Shkëndija will take place in the national stadium in Skopje on Thursday 24th September, kicking off at 19.00 (UK time)
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Internazionale and Paris St. Germain are interested in signing Dele Alli, with the London Evening Standard claiming the club are willing to listen to any “serious offers”.
PSG, however, have decided against signing Danny Rose, although apparently West Ham United London and Aston Villa re interested. No mention of the move he is supposed to be making to Genoa was mentioned.
Fulham are allegedly interested in signing Juan Foyth on a permanent basis, but Leeds United are also keen on the £15 million rated Argentine international.
The Times report that Spurs are willing to shell out £40 million on Torino striker Andrea Belotti … but not until next summer.
Benfica central defender Ruben Dias is a player Jose Mourinho is keen to bring to Tottenham, with the 23 year old maybe having to be sold with Benfica missing out on Champions League football, the London Evening Standard report.
The latest on the Gareth Bale transfer is that Real Madrid may extend the loan for another season until the end of his contract with them, so that he doesn’t return to the Bernabeu. The deal for the one season loan will cost Spurs a reported £20 million in wages and fees, with Bale not being available for about a moth, as he is suffering with a knee injury.
And the London Evening Standard (having a hot day for Spurs stories) reckon that the buy back clause for Real Madrid to purchase Sergio Reguilon for £35 million will only last for two years.
Jack Clarke is a season long loan target for Birmingham City.
AFC Bournemouth are reported to be closing in on a deal to buy Cameron Carter-Vickers.
- TRANSFERS : – Under-23 squad striker Shilow Tracey has gone out on loan to Shrewsbury Town for the 2020-21 season.
- UNDER-23s : – Tottenham’s Under-23s beat their counterparts at West Ham United London 3-0 at Hotspur Way this afternoon. The Spurs goals came from George Marsh, Harvey White (penalty) and Rodel Richards.
- THOUGHTS : – Kudos to the BBC headline writers who hit gold with “Leicester in talks with Roma over Under”. The player interesting the Foxes being Cengiz Under, the Turkish winger.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Lokomtiv Plovdiv 2-1 in the Second Qualifying Round of the Europa League in Bulgaria tonight. Match report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS: – The Independent claim that the one year loan arrangement for Gareth Bale will cost the club£20 million and that sum includes Real Madrid paying half of his £250,000 a week wages. Sergio Reguilon will fly in with Bale on Friday after completing their medicals in Madrid.
Apparently, Tottenham have had an offer for SCBC’s striker Danny Ings rejected and have been told that he is not for sale.
- TRANSFER : – Jack Roles has joined Burton Albion on loan for the rest of the season.
- LEAGUE CUP : – The Fourth Round draw for the League Cup has drawn Leyton Orient or Tottenham at home to Chelsea or Barnsley with the game to be played the week starting 28th September.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Gareth Bale and Sergio Reguilon are the big stories, as they near a move to Tottenham. Both are reported to have passed their medicals, but no confirmation has been made by the club as yet. The Bale deal is believed to be a one year loan. Jose Mourinho would not be drawn on the Bale transfer and I won’t be sure it will happen until I see him in the shirt. The Daily Express claim that Tottenham agreed to two clauses in Reguilon’s contract that Manchester United wouldn’t. They were to allow Real Madrid to buy him back for £37 million (i.e. £10 million above the sale price) and that they would be allowed to match any offer for the player, even if it was below that sum. It is thought in some sources that Reguilon’s arrival would see Ryan Sessegnon go out on loan, which would be in contradiction to Mourinho’s comments in the close season that the former Fulham man has an important part to play this season for the club.
Danny Rose is hoping to complete a £5 million move to Genoa.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham’s Third Round tie at Leyton Orient will take place on Tuesday 22nd September with an 18.00 kick off to be screened live by Sky Sports.
- TEAM NEWS : – Toby Alderweireld and Dele Alli have been left behind as the squad headed out to Bulgaria to play Lokomtov Plovdiv in the Europa League. The only injury absentee was Japhet Tanganga who had a thigh problem.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The big one today is that talks are being held between Tottenham and Gareth Bale‘s agents about a move back to N17. The move might only be a loan, but that depends on what Real Madrid are willing to agree to. His agent Jonathan Barnett has hinted that the Welsh international winger still holds Spurs dear and it is where he wants to be, but nothing is agreed as yet and any deal might have a way to go if it is to be completed. While Tottenham are about it, they are also believed to be in talks to sign the Real Madrid left back Sergio Reguilon and the Daily Mail reports that Dele Alli could be moving in the other direction.
Eintracht Frankfurt want £5 million for Bas Dost, but Spurs would prefer a loan for the Dutch striker.
Crystal Palace seem to be putting their recycling out early, with Christian Benteke being offered to Tottenham. Not sure that he would fit into Jose Mourinho‘s style of play, even though he is a big battering ram, but he hasn’t been knocking down any walls for a couple of years and the last thing we want would be to sign a striker who doesn’t score goals, as we’ve done that often enough in the past.
Spurs are said to have made an improved offer for Torino striker Andrea Belotti, as they seek to tie up a deal before the end of the transfer window. It’s either that or 6’6″ Wolfsburg’s Dutch striker Wout Weghorst, although the Guardian run a story that says Spurs have an agreement “in principle” (like there are principles in football) to buy Willian Jose from Real Sociedad in the summer next year..
AFC Bournemouth are thought to have had a seven figure offer accepted for USA international defender Cameron Carter-Vickers, but the deal has not yet been confirmed.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Spurs will play away at Leyton Orient next week in the Third Round of the League Cup after the East London side fought back from 0-2 down to win 3-2. A date for the match in a week that could also include a Europa League match is yet to be announced.
- EUROPA LEAGUE : – Great news for all fans of the Bulgarian First Professional Football League, as you will be able to watch Lokomotiv Plovdiv take on Spurs in the Europa League Second round Qualifying match on Thursday on Premier Sports 2 for the special offer price of £9.99 for the first two months of your subscription to the channel.
- Plenty of fall-out from yesterday’s game when Jose Mourinho called the team lazy and having the wrong attitude, making him feel he didn’t like this team. In addition, the lack of a pre-season for some players -Kane quarantined, some positive tests for Covid-19 among players (make your own guesses who) and lack of team preparation were revealed as reasons why things didn’t go so well. One game in and the pundits are already stabbing the knives in the back, but there is always another game and this comes on Thursday in Bulgaria. It will be interesting to see who Jose takes with him to play the Europa League qualifier, with his criticism of the players ringing in their ears.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The Daily Mail offer us relief, as they claim that a move for Alexander Sorloth of Crystal Palace is unlikely, but go on to say that Spurs are willing to allow Alfie Whiteman leave on loan to get some match experience. Eintracht Frankfurt striker Bas Dost is said to be a £5.5 million target for Tottenham, as the search for a striker signing becomes ever more desperate. There’s a claim that Spurs have been in talks with Sporting Braga’s Paulinho for a couple of weeks, but are not happy about shelling out £27.6 million for the 27 year old forward. Toulouse midfielder Ibrahim Sangare is currently out suffering from sickness, but is thought not to want to play again in this transfer window lest it jeopardise any move away from the Ligue 1 club. The 22 year old Ivory Coast international could be available for as little as £8 million, with Tottenham reportedly interested. The news from the Transfer Generator at Sky Sports reckons Spurs are keen to bring Bayer Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey to Tottenham, but only if the fee of £40 million for the 23 year old Jamaican international is lowered a bit. The club also harbour an interest in bringing Gareth Bale back with the Welsh winger’s price tag being slashed day by day. It’s now down to £25 million, with Manchester United said to be in for him too.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham played at home to Everton in the opening match of the 2020-21 season this afternoon and lost 0-1. Match report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The Sun link Spurs with a move for AFC Bournemouth striker Joshua King, after the club decided to allow him to leave and the paper describes him as a “massive player”. Hope that means on the field ! The Sun also have Tottenham lined up to sign Metz forward Habib Diallo, who they report would be available for just £13 million and Spurs are already in talks with the Ligue 1 club to buy. Over at the Mail on Sunday, they say Burnley are ready to make a bid for £14 million rated Mainz striker – Swede Robin Quaison, who Spurs have on their wish list of forwards too. AFC Bournemouth want £50 million from clubs who want to sign Welsh winger David Brooks, including Manchester United (who seem to be collecting Welsh wingers, if they want Gareth Bale as well as already having Daniel James), Leicester City and Spurs. One online report claims Tottenham want to take Real Madrid 20-year old striker Vinicius Junior on loan with the prospect of a permanent deal. Following yesterday’s rumour about an interest in Benfica forward Carlos Vinicius, it could be quite a confusing time for all if both players end up at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Horrifyingly, Spurs are being linked with Alexander Sorloth, the tall striker who was a resounding flop at Crystal Palace, but has been a goal-scoring revelation in Turkey, where he is on loan at Trabzonspor. They want to sign him, as do RB Leipzig, with Spurs linked but Jose Mourinho denied the rumour at the post-match presser. Another link pairs Danny Ings with a move to Spurs. He scored a lot of goals for SCBC last season and is a decent player, but does he fit the template for a Daniel Levy buy … or are we really desperate for anyone to come in ? The stronger news is that the club will firm up their move for Real Sociedad forward Willian Jose.
Southend United are reported to be keen to take Under-23 striker Shilow Tracey on loan.
Previous White Hot Lines