This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
Previous White Hot Lines
- INTERNATIONAL SPURS : – Heung Min Son scored once in South Korea’s 2-1 World Cup 2022 qualifying win over Lebanon.
Harry Kane played 82 minutes of England’s 1-0 Euro 2020 group win over Croatia at Wembley this afternoon.
- CHRISTIAN ERIKSEN : – Former Spurs midfielder Christian Eriksen collapsed on the pitch five minutes before half-time in the Denmark v Finland Euro 2020 match in Copenhagen tonight. Not involved in the play, he stumbled and fell to the turf, with the medical teams summoned immediately. As his team-mates created a screen around him, Eriksen received CPR for some time before eventually being taken from the pitch on a stretcher. Fortunately, the Dane was able to wake up and be stabilised in hospital, with his team-mates speaking to him to agree that the match should be finished.
All at MEHSTG hope that Christian can make a full recovery.
- MANAGING DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL : – Tottenham have announced the appointment of Fabio Paratici in the role of Managing Director, Football. The former Juventus Director of Football joins on a three year deal and will be responsible for building the Spurs squad.
- INTERNATIONAL SPURS : – Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg completed the 90 minutes of Denmark’s 0-1 defat by Finland in the Euro 2020 competition in Copenhagen tonight.
Playing all 90 minutes of Belgium’s 3-0 Euro 2020 win, Toby Alderweireld partnered ex-Spur Jan Vertonghen, who had to leave the field with an injury in the 77th minute.
Earlier in the day, Gareth Bale captained Wales to a 1-1 draw with Switzerland in Baku. He played the whole game along with his Spurs team-mates Ben Davies and Joe Rodon.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham’s interest in Stuttgart winger Nicolas Gonzalez has been re-invigorated in the media today. The 23 million Euro rated 23 year old Argentine is also being keenly watched by Brighton & Hove Albion and Fiorentina.
Borussia Monchengladbach will be looking for £34 million if they sell striker Marcus Thuram.
- TRANSFER : – Juan Foyth has made the permanent move to Villarreal, where he had been on loan for last season. A fee of £13 million has been reported in the media.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Paulo Fonseca is reported to have agreed a two year contract to manage Tottenham verbally “in principle”.
Rumours are still circulating about an approach for Julian Lopetegui, the Sevilla manager, but with Fonseca due to arrive in London in the next few days, it seems a little late for Tottenham to be looking elsewhere.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Juventus might be interested in signing Harry Kane, but may not be able to afford the £150 million cash only price tag.
Glasgow Rangers could compete with Spurs to sign Croatia Under-21 captain and defensive midfielder Ivan Lepinjica who plays for HNK Rijeka.
The Italian press are reporting that incoming manager Paulo Fonseca may want to bring three of his former club’s players to Tottenham from AS Roma – Gonzalo Villar (a midfielder); Gianluca Mancini (a central defender) and club captain and midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs midfielder Marcus Edwards is set to move to Sporting Lisbon from Vitoria, giving Spurs around £5 million thanks to a 50% sell-on clause.
Danny Rose looks set to sign for Watford.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are reported to be interested in signing Sheffield United goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale, along with Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Everton and Spurs are said to be keen on bringing 23 year old Uruguayan winger Diego Rossi to the Premier League from Los Angeles FC for £10 million.
- MANAGER RUMOUR : – Stories late this evening reckon Tottenham are in advance talks with former AS Roma manager Paulo Fonseca to take over as the new manager of the club.
Earlier reports claimed that Spurs were keen on appointing Sevilla boss Julian Lopetegui.
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE : – News reports today claim that the Premier League have fined the six English clubs who threatened to leave to form the ESL a total of £20 million (with the amounts each club has to pay unsure) and there is the threat that any future attempt to leave without notifying the Premier League would lead to a £20 million fine per club and a 30 point deduction. The fines to be currently paid will be passed to assist fans, grassroots football and community schemes and are much reduced from the £15 million per club that were initially suggested.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Argentina played out a 2-2 draw with Colombia in a World Cup qualifying match early this morning with Davinson Sanchez playing the 90 minutes for Colombia and Giovani Lo Celso getting substituted in the 55th minute.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Spurs are to contest the signing of AC Milan’s 26 year old central defender Alessio Romagnoli with Paris Saint Germain and Barcelona.
RB Leipzig midfielder Marcel Sabitzer could be available to Spurs for as little as £13 million this summer.
Spurs have made a move for 23 year old Borussia Monchengladbach striker Marcus Thuram and are already in talks with the French international.
Midfielder Harry Winks will be sold this summer, with Spurs ready to receive offers for him.
West Ham United London and Tottenham are both interested in signing 27 year old Wolfsburg striker Wout Weghorst, who would cost £25 million.
Tottenham are among four clubs keen on signing £50 million rated England defender Ben White of Brighton & Hove Albion.
- OTHER NEWS : – Wolverhampton Wanderers have appointed former Benfica manager Bruno Lage as the new boss at Molineux …
- MANAGER RUMOUR : – Rumours today include a return for Mauricio Pochettino, as Paris Saint Germain may be lining up Zinedine Zidane should the former Spurs boss hint that he wishes to return to the Tottenham Hotspur stadium.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Hugo Lloris captained France on his 125th cap against Bulgaria in a 3-0 friendly win in Paris. Moussa Sissoko came n as a 69th minute substitute.
Matt Doherty played all of the Republic of Ireland’s 0-0 friendly draw with Hungary tonight in Budapest, while Troy Parrott started the match, completing 56 minutes before being substituted.
- STADIUM : – The World Heavyweight boxing title fight between Anthony Joshua and Oleksander Uysk will take place at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in September this year.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – The Daily Express feel confident that Tottenham might be able to sign Juventus forward Paulo Dybala once Director of Football Fabio Paratici is in place, having been in charge at the Italian club previously.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – A story run in today’s Sunday Mirror puts Spurs in for Real Madrid’s 29 year old midfielder Isco. A fee of £14 million is quoted in the piece.
- MANAGER RUMOUR : – Stories regarding the amount of transfer funding Antonio Conte was demanding to rebuild the Spurs team has been revealed as over £100 million. The Sunday Express reckon that both sides were vying for negotiating rights and may yet come to some agreement.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg was an unused substitute as Denmark beat Bosnia-Herzegovina 2-0 in a home friendly tonight.
England beat Romania 1-0 at the Riverside Stadium tonight in a friendly, with Harry Kane sitting the game out on the bench. Former Spurs defender Vlad Chiriches captained Romania.
Toby Alderweireld played all of Belgium’s 1-0 friendly win over Croatia in Brussels tonight.
- MANAGER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are reported to be turning their attention in the direction of Ajax manager Erik ten Hag to be the club’s new manager.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – One of today’s transfer stories claims that Spurs are interested in signing Juventus’ 34 year old defender Leonardo Bonnucci. While he may be a player well-known to incoming Director of Football Fabio Paratici, at 34 he is hardly a Tottenham type of signing.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Wales drew 0-0 with Albania in Cardiff this afternoon. Ben Davies started the match, with Joe Rodon replacing him in the 61st minute, while Gareth Bale came off the bench ten minutes later.
Heung-Min Son played in South Korea’s World Cup qualifier 5-0 win over Turkmenistan today.
- UNDER-18/23s : – Orient goalkeeping coach Dean Brill will be joining the Spurs Development coaching team during the summer
- AWARDS : – Erik Lamela has has won the Premier League Goal of the Season award for his rabona goal against the Woolwich Wanderers at Highbury, meaning that Spurs had claimed the award for the second year running following Heung-Min Son‘s solo goal against Burnley last season.
- MANAGER RUMOUR : – Stories today claim that Tottenham are no longer pursuing Antonio Conte to be the club’s new manager, with the Daily Express hints that he was not willing to work with younger players. One of the more telling sticking points raised by the Express related to the salary Conte would earn and also he had concerns about the staff at the club and Tottenham’s ambition, as the Italian wants to win trophies immediately.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Before the news of Conte’s distancing from the Spurs manager’s job, a rumour circulated claiming that he wanted Spurs to sign the Dutch defender Stefan de Vrij from his old club Internazionale.
Another Internazionale player Tottenham were said to be interested in if Conte became manager was striker Romelu Lukaku.
Apparently, Manchester United have made an approach for Harry Winks.
Jose Mourinho apparently wants to buy Hugo Lloris to join him at AS Roma.
- CONTRACT : – Spurs have extended the contract of Development squad defender Tobi Omole until the end of June 2023.
- AWARDS : – Oliver Skipp has been named in the PFA Championship Team of the Season.
Both Harry Kane and Heung-Min Son were chosen for the Premier League Team of the Season.
- MANAGER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are said to be ready to announce Antonio Conte as the next manager of the club after he is reported to have verbally agreed to take the position. Some articles claim that Conte was taking some time to consider his position after talks allegedly hit a stumbling block over his wage demands. In Italy it is reported that his contract could be worth 15-20 million Euros a year. It is also reported that he has demanded that Harry Kane remain at the club as a condition of him becoming manager.
Reports have emerged that Mauricio Pochettino was trying everything to escape from Paris Saint Germain to re-join Tottenham as he was unhappy at the Ligue 1 club because of behind the scenes issues. However, exercising an option that extended his contract at PSG meant that it was difficult from him to make an exit from the Parc des Princes.
One source reckons that Tottenham were still keeping tabs on the situation with Paulo Fonseca after he left AS Roma.
- DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL RUMOUR : – The Italian media have claimed that former Juventus Director of Football Fabio Paratici has agreed to join Tottenham and he has worked with Antonio Conte before at the former Italian champions.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – There’s a lot of talking going on as Spurs are in advanced talks to sign Olympique Lyonnais central defender Joachim Andersen.
Rumours link a re-union between Conte and Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku if the Italian takes over at Spurs.
21 year old Barcelona midfielder Lucas de Vega is a target for Tottenham and his lack of first team playing time may affect his future, which is said to be resolved soon.
Some stories are linking Tottenham still being keen on Juventus defender Merih Demiral.
Some media sources claim that Tottenham will move for South Coast Big Club’s central defender Jannick Westergaard, while others say that is not the case and that he is more likely to move to the continent than to the Tottenham Hotspur stadium.
Reports claim that Newcastle United, Anderlecht and Club Brugge are all keen on signing Cameron Carter-Vickers.
- INTERNATIONALS : – The Republic of Ireland beat Andorra away 4-1 in a friendly today with Troy Parrott scoring his first two international goals in his 82 minutes on the pitch.
Toby Alderweireld also played 82 minutes in Belgium’s 1-1 friendly home draw with Greece tonight.
- EX-SPURS : – Before appointing Carlo Ancelotti as their new manager, it is claimed that Real Madrid approached Jose Mourinho about filling the post, despite him just having agreed to manage AS Roma after leaving Tottenham.
- OTHER NEWS : – … Morecambe manager Derek Adams has quit the club just three days after winning the League Two play-off …
- MANAGER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are widely reported to have begun discussions with Antonio Conte to take the post of manager at the club, while there are still some hopes that Mauricio Pochettino may return, but Paris Saint Germain are confident of keeping the Argentine boss.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Moussa Sissoko was a 64th minute substitute in France’s 3-0 home friendly win over Wales. Hugo Lloris captained the French side and Gareth Bale played 59 minutes with Ben Davies making his entry from the bench at that time, while Joe Rodon played the full 90 minutes.
Harry Kane played 62 minutes of England’s 1-0 friendly win over Austria at the Riverside stadium.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg started and played 68 minutes of Denmark’s friendly 1-1 draw with Germany.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Club Brugge are interested in signing Cameron Carter-Vickers.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Depending on which newspaper you read, Manchester City will offer Tottenham either Raheem Sterling and Gabriel Jesus or Gabriel Jesus and Nathan Ake for Harry Kane, although Aymeric Laporte is reported as unlikely yo want to move to Spurs … so that’s good news.
Tottenham may be in for free agent Memphis Depay from Olympique Lyonnais this summer it is reported.
- MANAGER RUMOUR : – A French source reveals that Mauricio Pochettino has told Paris Saint Germain that he wants to leave and that Tottenham is his preferred destination, but other reports from France deny this and claim he is going to stay at the Ligue 1 runners-up.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Maksim Paskotski played three quarters of Estonia’s Baltic Cup 1-0 win over Lithuania tonight.
Previous White Hot Lines