WHITE HOT LINES – June 2022
This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
Previous White Hot Lines
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – A £50 million plus £10 million in add-ons deal for Richarlison has reportedly been agreed with Everton, with the Brazilian striker said to be having a medical in Brazil today. Apparently Chelsea made a late effort to steal the signing from Tottenham, but failed in their attempt. The player’s former club Watford will receive a bonus of 10% of the profit over £40 million through a sell-on clause when they sold him to Everton.
Everton are pulling out of the chase to sign Harry Winks according to stories today.
Elsewhere it is reported that Stephen Bergwijn is not interested in moving to Goodison Park.
Released by Spurs, Jordan Hackett is tipped to sign for Newcash United when his contract ends tomorrow, after impressed for the Magpies on trial.
Advanced talks between Middlesbrough and Spurs are said be to being undertaken with a transfer of Djed Spence to N17 to be completed by the weekend.
Atletico Madrid’s interest in Emerson Royal will not be entertained by Antonio Conte, who sees the Brazilian right wing-back as part of his team’s plans for the coming season.
Villarreal left back Pervis Estupinan is reportedly a player Spurs want to bring in with the Tottenham willing to pay £13 million for the 24 year old Ecuador international.
A local news source in Spain claims Cadiz are keeping an eye on Bryan Gil‘s situation at Tottenham and if he becomes available, they would be interested in signing the winger.
- RUGBY UNION : – The Barbarians are to face an All Blacks XI at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Sunday 13th November to contest the Killick Cup, bringing international rugby to the stadium.
- EX-SPURS : – Having been released by AEL Limassol, former Spurs winger Anthony Georgiou has signed a one year deal with Leyton Orient.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Bayer 04 Levekusen central defender Piero Hincapie is reported to be back on Tottenham’s shopping list in this window, with the Ecuadorian international said to be valued at £31.5 million, but other reports claim Spurs have met the agent of Torino central defender Gleison Bremer in London with a view to signing the Brazilian.
Atletico Madrid have allegedly made a £20+ million offer for Emerson Royal.
PSV Eindhoven are rumoured to be willing to let former Spurs youngster Noni Madueke leave, with Tottenham and Newcash United interested in the England Under-21 winger, with another five Premier League clubs also reckoned to be watching the 20year old’s situation.
Leeds United are keen on £20 million rated midfielder Harry Winks.
A season long loan deal for Barcelona defender Clement Lenglet is very close to agreement, costing Spurs 5 million Euros, with a clause making it obligatory to sign the player at the end of the loan spell.
In order to reduce the price paid to Everton for Richarlison, it is rumoured that Tottenham may waive the £10 million the Toffees would have to pay when Dele Alli plays 20 games for them (having made 11 appearances already). Talks between the two clubs seem to be coming to deal that would be completed before Friday, with Everton needing the transfer to go through to comply with financial fair play’s profit and sustainability requirements after losses over £100 million in three successive seasons.
- COACHING UPDATE : – It is widely reported that Tottenham intend to appoint Gianni Vio, a set-piece expert who has worked with the Italian national side. The former banker is said to have 4,830 routines in his locker and matches the plays to the skill sets of the players available.
- CRIME WATCH : – Yves Bissouma has been cleared of charges of sexual assault after his arrest in Brighton in October 2021.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Journalist and Spurs fan Jon Sopel reported that Everton chairman Bill Kenwright was having dinner with Daniel Levy in Scott’s restaurant in London last night, with speculation arising that they were discussing players moving between the two clubs. Everton are said to meet Tottenham’s asking price and have outbid Ajax for the signing of Steven Bergwijn in terms of his wages, but the player favours a return to Holland. It is rumoured that an offer of Bergwijn plus £20 million in cash has been rejected for Richarlison, but a fee is reported to have been agreed with the Toffees to sign the Brazilian forward, while the Merseyside club are rumoured to want to sign Tanguy Ndombele and Joe Rodon. Alternatively, Spurs have offered £100 million for Richarlison and Anthony Gordon.
A new transfer target is reported with Spurs said to have an interest in Mancashter City central defender Nathan Ake, who the Premier League champions are apparently willing to let go this summer for around £41 million.
Tottenham have set a deadline of the end of the week for Barcelona central defender Clement Lenglet to decide if he wants to come to Spurs on loan, having a fee having been agreed with the Catalan club.
Sevilla are interested in Harry Winks according to reports today.
- INTERNATIONALS : – England Under-19s have reached the final of the European Championships in Slovakia with a 2-1 win over Italy and will face Israel on Friday. Dane Scarlett played 87 minutes of the match and Alfie Devine the whole game, setting up the first goal.
- PRE-SEASON : – Kick off times have been announced for two of the Spurs pre-season matches in Korea and Israel. The match against Team K League will kick off at 20.00 local time, which is Noon in the UK. The game in Haifa against AS Roma will kick off at 21.15 local time (19.15 in the UK).
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Fiorentina are reported to be interested in signing Giovani Lo Celso.
Ajax have agreed a £21.5 million transfer fee to take Steven Bergwijn to the Dutch club.
Spurs are apparently in talks with Everton over the signings of forwards Richarlison and Anthony Gordon. Other stories claim that Tanguy Ndombele, Matt Doherty or Jack Clarke might be used in a swap deal for Gordon.
An odd rumour claims that Spurs have enquired about the availability of Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.
Tottenham are being linked with a move for Internazionale central defender Stefan de Vrij.
- EX-SPURS : – Tottenham legend Steve Perryman has become the President of Southern League Premier Division Central club Mickleover FC.
Tashan Oakley-Boothe has joined Lincoln City on a season long loan from Stoke City.
- OTHER NEWS : – Cheltenham Town have appointed Wade Elliott as the club’s new Head Coach …
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Atletico Madrid are supposedly interested in signing Japhet Tanganga.
- INTERNATIONALS : – England Under-19s won their third European Championship qualifier of the week with a 1-0 win over Israel. Alfie Devine played the whole game, making the goal and having a goal of his own wiped off by a dubious offside flag. Dane Scarlett was an unused substitute.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Internazionale midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu is at the centre of a story today claiming Tottenham will offer Davinson Sanchez plus cash to the Milan side in exchange for the 29 year old Turkish international.
Spurs have been reported as having made an enquiry about RB Leipzig central defender Josko Gvardiol.
- CONTRACT : – Under-18 midfielder Rio Kyerematen has signed his first professional contract with Spurs.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs winger Gareth Bale has signed a one year contract with Los Angeles FC.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Following on from yesterday’s interest in £51 million rated AS Roma midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo, it is claimed that a Lucas Moura reunion with Jose Mourinho might be part of the deal. Other rumours however state that Moura might be used in part-exchange for Everton forward Richarlison, who Tottenham are said to be ready to make a bid for in the next few days.
The proposed move for Middlesbrough right back Djed Spence seems to be proving problematical, with the two clubs unable to agree on a fee for the England Under-21 international, with Spurs only willing to offer £15 million at the moment, which is £5 million short of the Championship club’s valuation. Tottenham may look elsewhere to fill that position, with RC Lens defender Jonathan Clauss linked with a move to North London, with him coming at a cheaper price of £10 million.
Rumours reckon that PSV Eindhoven winger Cody Gakpo is a target and that Spurs rumoured to have made an enquiry about the 23 year old who might cost around £30 million.
Tottenham are reported to be in talks with Barcelona about a loan deal for Clement Lenglet.
As with a lot of stories at this time of year, Spurs are reported to be interested in signing Mancashter City striker Gabriel Jesus again.
- OTHER NEWS : – Wayne Rooney has resigned as manager of Derby County …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Leicester City are the latest side to be reported to have an interest in Harry Winks. The former England midfielder has reportedly been offered to Glasgow Rangers, while Wolverhampton Wanderers and Brentford are also said to be watching his situation.
Some articles today claim that Tottenham have ended any interest in signing Gabriel Jesus and Christian Eriksen, preferring to concentrate on Brazilians Raphinha and Richarlison.
Rumours surrounding a move for Atletico Madrid wing-back Yannick Carrasco have been circulating today, with Spurs, Chelsea and Mancashter United all keen on the £51 million man. However, other stories report that Diego Simeone is reluctant to let the Belgian leave the Madrid club.
Juventus’ French midfielder Adrien Rabiot is set to leave Turin and Mancashter City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs are all reported to be interested in signing him, with a fee of 15 million to 20 million Euros quoted to remove the player from the wage bill.
Stories about Tottenham being interested in Leicester City midfielder James Maddison are being pushed hard today, although if the Foxes lose Youri Tielemans, then it is unlikely they would allow Maddison to go too.
Fabio Paratici is believed to be in Italy according to reports from that country, sounding out some transfer deals. The Spurs Director of Football is allegedly having meetings with AS Roma about signing midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo and the sale of Joe Rodon to the same club, while negotiations with Sampdoria are claimed to be underway about loaning Bryan Gil to the club from Genoa.
Real Madrid apparently have an interest in signing Heung-Min Son.
The Daily Express link Spurs with an interest in RB Leipzig’s central defender Mohamed Simakan, with the 22 year old Frenchman having enjoyed a god first season in the Bundesliga after his move from Strasbourg.
Either Christian Eriksen is making a return to Tottenham a priority in this transfer window or Tottenham’s reported withdrawal of interest in the Danish midfielder will lead to him heading to Mancashter United.
- UNDER-21s : – Tottenham’s Under-21 side will participate in the EFL Trophy in the coming season and have been drawn in Group G with Wycombe Wanderers, Stevenage and Peterborough United.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Dane Scarlett scored twice for England Under-19s in their 4-0 European Championship win that sees the team qualify for the semi-finals and also the Under-20 World Cup finals next year. Alfie Devine came on as a 60th minute substitute, while Scarlett came off in the 70th minute.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Everton are in talks with Spurs about buying Harry Winks.
The Daily Express report that sources in Spain are claiming that Spurs may use Giovani Lo Celso to secure the signing of Portuguese striker Joao Felix, who said when he signed for Atletico Madrid that it might be that he plays at “Tottenham one day”.
Tottenham’s Under-16 international left back Jayden Meghoma is being pursued by Mancashter United.
Emerson Royal‘s father and agent has said that he is in talks with Atletico Madrid about a move back to Spain, as Antonio Conte does not have the Brazilian in his plans for the coming season.
Torino would prefer to sell Gleison Bremer to Spurs rather than Internazionale, as they would receive a bigger fee (30 million Euros) from Tottenham than the financially struggling Milan side. The Brazilian international defender’s value will drop to half of that in January due to a buy-out clause in his contract.
Barcelona central defender Clement Lenglet is making a decision about a move to either Spurs or Marseille.
Ajax are reported to have agreed a purchase fee for Steven Bergwijn with Tottenham, as the Dutch side now have cash having sold Sebastian Haller to Borussia Dortmund.
- SPONSORSHIP : – Harry Kane is to sponsor the shirts of Leyton Orient for the third season in a row, with the first team shirt bearing details of Shout – a mental health charity.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs defender and coach David Kerslake has been named as the joint Assistant Head Coach at Blackpool.
Former Spurs defender Ryan Fredericks has signed for AFC Bournemouth and will join them when his contract with West Ham United London expires on 1st July.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reported to be considering a bid for Leeds United’s winger Raphinha, as Woolwich Wanderers are supposedly ready to open talks to sign the Brazilian. Tottenham also are seeking to sign Mancashter City’s Brazilian striker Gabriel Jesus ahead of the South Londoners.
Tottenham might steal a march on signing Ajax defender Lisandro Martinez, as Steven Bergwijn could be used in a swap deal for the Argentine international. Bergwijn might be making his way to Ajax via another route should the Dutch club’s striker Sebastian Haller be signed by Borussia Dortmund, thus giving Ajax the cash to seal the deal for the Spurs winger. Alternatively, Stevie might be used in a part-exchange for Ajax winger Anthony, with the 22 year old Brazilian prized by Mancashter United, but Bergwijn plus cash might sway Ajax the allow him to sign for Tottenham.
Reports have hit the media that Harry Kane is trying to persuade Raheem Sterling to join Spurs if he leaves Mancashter City.
Crystal Palace and Everton will fight each other to sign Spurs midfielder Harry Winks.
Conflicting stories are circulating about Christian Eriksen‘s future, with some claiming Mancashter United manager Erik Ten Hag wants to sign him, but others reckon the Danish midfielder has ruled out a move north, with his future lying either with Tottenham or Brentford.
Internazionale are said to be delaying the free signing of out-of-contract Juventus striker Paulo Dybala, thus prompting rumours of Spurs firming up their interest in the 28 year old Argentinian.
Daniel Levy is leading the negotiations for Tottenham as the move for Middlesbrough right back Djed Spence looks to be sealed this week, although the two clubs are not close on agreeing a fee as yet.
Rumours linking AS Roma midfielder Jordan Veretout have again emerged, with a fee of £13 million quoted if anyone wants to sign the former Aston Villa and Fiorentina man.
Marseille are said to be interest in signing Bryan Gil on loan.
The agent of Austrian striker Sasa Kalajdzic has been in England for talks over the transfer of the VfB Stuttgart forward, with Tottenham reported to be one of the clubs interested in the 24 year old.
Hoffenheim left wing-back David Raum is named as a player that is attracting interest from a number of clubs, with Spurs one of those keen on snapping up the German international who could coast around £30 million.
- UNDER-23s : – This season will see the Premier League 2 become an Under-21 league rather than the Under-23 version that has been played for the last few seasons.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Alfie Devine scored for England Under-19s in their 2-0 win over Austria in Slovakia in their European Championship match before being substitutes in the 80th minute. Dane Scarlett started the game, playing 72 minutes before being taken off.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are reported to be interested in Middlesbrough right back … no, not Djed Spence this time, but Isaiah Jones.
Spurs are reported to be having talks with Sunderland about selling the North-East club Jack Clarke.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The Eintracht Frankfurt defender Evan Ndicka is a player that Tottenham are reported to be in pole position to sign according to some reports today.
It is rumoured that Spurs have been in contact with Villarreal about a move for central defender Pau Torres.
Tottenham are claimed to be ready to vie with Woolwich Wanderers for the signing of SSC Napoli striker Victor Osimhen, who has a massive price tag.
- TRANSFER IN : – Tottenham have confirmed that Brighton and Hove Albion midfielder Yves Bissouma has signed in a £25 million with the potential of £5 million more in add-ons.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Davinson Sanchez may be a transfer target for AS Monaco, with a possible swap deal on the cards, as Spurs may try to engineer France Under-21 left-sided defender Benoit Badiashile coming in the opposite direction.
Having been released by Spurs, goalkeeper Thimothee Lo-Tutala has had offers from Olympique Lyonnais, along with clubs in England, Spain and Italy.
Tottenham are said to be willing to pay 92 million Euros (£77.5 million) to secure the signing of Internazionale striker Lautaro Martinez.
- OTHER NEWS : – Blackpool have appointed Michael Appleton as their new manager for his second spell in charge at Bloomfield Road …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reported to want to swap Sergio Reguilon plus cash for Juventus’ Turkish international central defender Merih Demiral, who would be worth about £26 million.
A bit of a random rumour today with Tottenham claimed to have an interest in Blackburn Rovers striker Ben Brereton Diaz.
Shoot ! reports that Spurs may still be looking to sign Gareth Bale, who is available on a free transfer.
Tottenham have apparently made a contact with relegated Burnley about their winger Dwight McNeil.
Portsmouth are interested in taking Kion Etete to Fratton Park, perhaps on a permanent basis for £300,000.
- FIXTURES : – The fixtures for the 2022-2023 season are out at 09.00 this morning and will be available on the THFC website.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Tottenham Development squad defender Christian Maghoma has signed for Eastleigh following his release by Gillingham.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Welsh international central defender Joe Rodon is interesting Fulham and Wolverhampton Wanderers.
FC Porto’s 22 year old midfielder Fabio Vieira is said in the Portuguese media to be a player that Mancashter United and Tottenham have been watching.
Juventus may be interested in signing Lucas Moura from Tottenham.
It is reported that Giovani Lo Celso has been offered to Atletico Madrid after the Chief executive of Villarreal denied that his club were in talks with Tottenham about a move for the Argentine midfielder.
Crystal Palace are said to be interested in signing Steven Bergwijn.
- BACKROOM STAFF NEWS : – Reports are claiming that Spurs are about to appoint Gretar Steinsson as Head of Performance, having been Bolton Wanderers player, Fleetwood Town’s Technical Director and Everton’s Head of Recruitment and Development.
Former Manchester City and Anderlecht coach Simon Davies (not the ex-Spurs midfielder) is expected to join Spurs in the Academy with Dean Rastrick and Chris Powell.
- EX-SPURS : – Watford have released Maurizio Pochettino, the son of Mauricio Pochettino and former winger in the Spurs Academy side.
Former Spurs defender Ryan Fredericks has been let go by West Ham United London.
Ex-Tottenham Academy midfielder Nya Kirby has not been retained by Crystal Palace.
- INTERNATIONALS : – England lost 0-4 to Hungary at Molineux tonight in the Nations League and Harry Kane captained the side throughout the 90 minutes.
Steven Bergwijn played the last 17 minutes of Holland’s 3-2 win over Wales as a substitute, while Joe Rodon was substituted for Wales in the 67th minute. Ben Davies captained the Welsh side through the 90 minutes.
Troy Parrott played 80 minutes of the Republic of Ireland’s 1-1 away draw with Ukraine in the Nations League.
South Korea beat Egypt 4-1 in a home friendly, with Heung-Min Son playing the whole match.
- SUBBUTEO : – The club have purchased two Subbuteo tables for the Hotspur Way training complex to allow Antonio Conte to explain his tactics to the players.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are believed to have signed St. Patrick’s 19 year old goalkeeper Josh Keeley.
The BBC (and most other sources) report that Spurs have agreed a £25 million to £30 million fee today to sign Mail international midfielder Yves Bissouma from Brighton & Hove Albion, with the player expected to agree terms and have a medical later this week.
Middlesbrough, Queens Park Rangers, Swansea City, Sheffield United and Preston North End are all reported in various articles as being keen to take Troy Parrott on loan for the 2022-2023 season.
Villarreal apparently want to pay £16 million plus £5 million in add-ons for Giovani Lo Celso, although Spurs are holding out for more and may use him as a make-weight in signing one or more of the La Liga club’s players.
It is reported that Tottenham’s bid for Middlesbrough right back Djed Spence involves a payment of £10 million up front and the rest of the fee to be paid in instalments.
Links with a move for Leeds United’s Brazilian winger Raphinha have emerged today, with a number of other clubs interested in the 25 year old.
The Brazilian press have revealed that Lucas Moura has spoken to Sao Paulo about a move home three times in the last few weeks.
- OTHER NEWS : – Vincent Kompany has agreed to join Burnley as their new manager … Blackburn Rovers have appointed Jon Dahl Tomasson as their new Head Coach …
- INTERNATIONALS : – France lost 0-1 to Croatia in Paris tonight in the Nations League, with Hugo Lloris an unused sub.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg played all of Denmark’s 2-0 home Nations League win over Austria tonight.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are being linked with Udinese and former Watford winger Gerard Deulefou.
Lucas Moura could be used in an exchange deal for Everton forward Richarlison it is rumoured today.
- OTHER NEWS : – Cheltenham Town manager Michael Duff has left the Gloucestershire club to take over as manager of Barnsley …
- INTERNATIONALS : – Dejan Kulusevski played all 90 minutes of Sweden’s 2-3 away loss to Norway in their Nations League tonight.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Villarreal Pervis Estupinan is being linked with a move to Tottenham, with the left back from Ecuador who used to be at Watford expected to leave this summer.
Dutch international left wing-back Owen Wijndal of AZ Alkmaar is reported to be another player that Tottenham are in talks for. The 22 year old has 11 caps for his country and would cost around £8.5 million according to the Daily Express.
Spurs are to have a meeting with the Torino Sporting Director in London this week to discuss a potential transfer move for the Serie A’s Brazilian central defender Gleison Bremer.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino will leave his post as Head Coach at Paris Saint Germain with a year left on his contract, along with his coaching team.
- INTERNATIONALS : – The Nations League match at Molineux tonight saw England playing out a goal-less draw with Italy. Harry Kane came on as a substitute in the 65th minute.
Wales drew 1-1 with Belgium at Cardiff in the Nations League tonight. Joe Rodon played the full 90 minutes, while Ben Davies was substituted after 73 minutes.
The Republic of Ireland beat Scotland 3-0 in the Nations League with Troy Parrott playing 85 minutes before being taken off and scoring the second goal for his country.
Steven Bergwijn played 77 minutes of Holland’s home Nations League 2-2 draw with Poland tonight.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are claimed to be in advanced talks to sign Middlesbrough right back Djed Spence for around £20 million, although the Riverside club state that no talks have been held with any club.
Another player Tottenham are in advanced talks about is angry Everton striker Richarlison. The Brazilian is rumoured to be ready to give up on the Toffees and make a sweet £51 million move to the THS.
Tottenham and Newcash United have apparently approached AS Roma about their Brazilian central defender Roger Ibanez.
Olympique Lyonnais midfielder Lucas Paqueta has been linked with a move to N17.
Real Sociedad striker Alexander Isak is reported to be a “player of interest” to Spurs.
One of many central defenders Tottenham are being linked with is AS Monaco’s 24 year old Axel Disasi, who also interests Atletico Madrid.
Yves Bissouma, the Mali international midfielder who plays for Brighton & Hove Albion, is being linked with a £30 million move to Spurs.
- TRANSFER OUT : – Cameron Carter-Vickers has completed a permanent move to Glasgow Celtic for an undisclosed fee, although it is reported that the option to buy was £6 million and there may be another £4 million in add-ons in the four year contract.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Hugo Lloris captained France in a 1-1 away draw in a Nations League match in Austria tonight.
South Korea drew 2-2 with Paraguay in a friendly in Seoul today, with Heung-Min Son.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg played all of Denmark’s 0-1 defeat by Croatia in the Nations league tonight.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Rumours that Bayern Munich have made an offer for Harry Kane to replace Robert Lewandowski have emerged this morning.
Tottenham are reported to have an interest in signing Youri Tielemens from Leicester City this summer.
A new name being linked with Spurs from Italy is Hellas Verona’s Destiny Udogie. The 19 year old left back/left winger has been on loan at Udinese this season.
A teenager from Dynamo Kyiv is being linked with Spurs making a move for him, as 19 year old defender Ilya Zabarnyi is attracting the club’s attention, having won 20 Ukraine caps.
Lille defender Sven Botman is reported not to be keen on a move to Newcash United, leaving AC Milan, Spurs and Woolwich Wanderers as possible destinations for the 22 year old who is rated at £35 million.
Tottenham are also said to be keen on signing Achraf Hakimi of Paris Saint Germain..
- EX-SPURS : – Serge Aurier has been released by Villareal after the expiry of his short-term contract.
Woolwich Wanderers defender Jonathan Dinzeyi has been released by the South London club having joined them in 2020 from Tottenham.
Former Development squad defender Christian Maghoma has been released by Gillingham.
Our former midfielder Icelandic international Gylfi Sigurdsson has been released by Everton
Ex-Spurs winger Aaron Lennon will be leaving Burnley at the end of the month when his contract expires.
Former Spurs development squad midfielder Paris Maghoma has been promoted to the first team squad at Brentford.
Tottenham’s former defender David Kerslake has left the Lincoln City coaching staff.
Former youth midfielder Emmanuel Osadebe has left Walsall to join Bradford City.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Today a rumour has emerged that Tottenham may offer Davinson Sanchez plus £26 million to secure the signing of Internazionale defender Alessandro Bastoni.
Crystal Palace are reported as the latest club who may be interested in taking Harry Winks from N17.
Spurs are linked with a £25.5 million move for AS Roma central defender Roger Ibanez.
A potential move for Villarreal central defender Pau Torres may involve Antonio Conte using Giovani Lo Celso as a makeweight in a package worth £55 million.
23 year old Shakhtar Donetsk’s wing-back Dodo looks set to leave the Ukrainian club and Spurs are one of the clubs rumoured to be keen to make a move for him. £17 million is the price widely quoted for the right-sided Brazilian.
Tottenham, Aston Villa and Leeds United are all looking to snap up West Ham United London’s 18 year old striker Sonny Perkins, who is not intending to sign a contract with the Irons as the salary offer is not acceptable.
- RECUITMENT STAFFING NEWS : – Reports are linking an appointment of a Head of Scouting to work with Fabio Paratici and Glasgow Rangers Head Scout Andy Scoulding is the man said to be moving into Hotspur Way to assist in recruiting new talent. Scoulding had previously worked at Fulham as an analyst before moving into the talent spotting side of the game with Liverpool, the Football Association, Salford City, Olympiacos and Valencia.
- TRANSFER IN : – Tottenham have signed goalkeeper Fraser Forster on a free transfer from South Coast Big Club and will join up with the squad on 1st July when his contract expires. Forster has signed a two year deal with Spurs.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Troy Parrott was an unused substitute in the Republic of Ireland’s 0-1 home defeat in the Nations League tonight.
Wales lost 1-2 at home to Holland tonight in the Nations League, with Joe Rodon and Ben Davies playing all of the match.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Everton are keen on taking Harry Winks from Tottenham on loan next season.
Spurs are allegedly interested in signing Atletico Madrid forward Alvaro Morata.
VfB Stuttgart striker Sasa Kalajdzic is reportedly a transfer target for Tottenham.
SS Lazio and AS Roma are both said to be interested in signing Tanguy Ndombele.
- OTHER NEWS : – Charlton Athletic have appointed Ben Garner as their new manager after he left Swindon Town to take the position …
- NEW HOME KIT : – The Spurs 2022-2023 home kit has been unveiled. Click here for details.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Harry Kane scored a late penalty to earn England a 1-1 draw in Munich against Germany as he captained the side in their Nations League match with that being his 50th goal for the national side, becoming the second highest scorer for England.
Bryan Gil played 57 minutes of Spain Under-21s’ 7-1 European Championship qualifier against Malta today.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Speculation surrounds the future of Japhet Tanganga today, with three Italian clubs said to be interested in signing him. With defensive sales on the horizon, AC Milan, Internazionale and SSC Napoli are all reportedly looking at taking the Spurs defender to Serie A.
Calvin Ramsay looks ready to leave Aberdeen this summer, with Liverpool, Newcash United and Tottenham all linked with a move for the Scottish Under-21 international right back who is valued at £4 million.
Real Madrid are also interested in signing Gabriel Jesus from Manchester City amid reports that Tottenham have not made a bid for the Brazilian international.
Spurs had scouts at the Austria v Denmark Nations League match last night, supposedly there to watch Danish full back Joakim Maehle, who plays for Atalanta.
Reports claim that Spurs had talks with Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford‘s agents about a move, but the fee required to get him away from Old Trafford is quoted as being £70 million to £80 million.
Internazionale defender Stefan de Vrij has turned down a new contract offer from the Serie A club fuelling rumours that he might be heading to N17 for just £9 million.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The Daily Mail claims that Everton are interested in signing Steven Bergwijn.
It is reported that Tottenham have made a £47 million bid to sign striker Gabriel Jesus from Manchester City.
Spurs are widely reported to have made a decision not to re-sign Gareth Bale this summer.
Information from Italy claims Everton and Tottenham have an interest in signing Udinese’s Brazilian central defender Rodrigo Becao, with the 26 year old expected to cost £17 million.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Heung-Min Son scored once in South Korea’s 2-0 home friendly win over Chile in the last minute, just before being substituted in his 100th game for his country.
Hugo Lloris was an unused sub in France’s 1-1 home draw with Croatia in a Nations League match.
Denmark beat Austria 2-1 away in the Nations League tonight with Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg scoring the first goal and playing all 90 minutes.
- OTHER NEWS : – Crawley Town have announced Kevin Betsy as their new manager.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Middlesbrough defender Djed Spence is almost certain to leave the Riverside Stadium this summer and it is claimed in the media that Tottenham are favourites to sign him for around £15 million.
Steven Bergwijn has said he wants to leave Spurs now after his national manager told him to quit Tottenham as soon as possible.
Nottingham Forest are the latest club to be linked with an interest in signing Harry Winks.
Woolwich Wanderers are interested in Spurs midfield target James Ward-Prowse of South Coast Big Club.
Tottenham are also keen on signing Yves Bissouma from Brighton & Hove Albion this summer.
Lots of stories cover Tottenham’s interest in Newcash United winger Allan Saint-Maximin.
Spurs are reported to be interested in signing Atletico Madrid winger Yannick Carrasco.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Ben Davies and Joe Rodon were both in the Welsh side as they beat Ukraine 1-0 in the World Cup qualifying play-off final in Cardiff tonight.
Giovani Lo Celso was an unused substitute in Argentina’s 5-0 win over Estonia in a friendly in Pamplona tonight, with Maksim Paskotsi played 90 minutes for Estonia.
Dejan Kulusevski playing the whole game for Sweden in their Nations League 1-2 home defeat by Norway.
Cameron Carter-Vickers was an unused sub in the Us national team’s 0-0 home draw in a friendly with Uruguay.
- OTHER NEWS : – Grimsby Town beat Solihull Moors 2-1 in extra time in the the National League promotion play-off final to regain their place in the Football League
- INTERNATIONALS : –Troy Parrott played 65 minutes of the Republic of Ireland’s 0-1 defeat in Armenia in their Nations League game tonight.
Harry Kane captained England in their 0-1 Nations League defeat to Hungary tonight, playing the whole 90 minutes.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Should Spurs want to sign AS Roma midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo, they would have to fork out £43 million and then £90,000 a week in wages.
Stuttgart left back Borna Sosa is again being linked with an interest from Tottenham, with the 24 year old Croatian defender looking certain to leave this summer.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs have reportedly rejected an initial offer from Ajax for Steven Bergwijn, although talks are said to be continuing about the departure of the Dutch international, with an offer of around £21 million likely to seal the deal.
Rumour has it that a Spanish club are said to be interested in signing Tanguy Ndombele, who has returned from Olympique Lyonnais who did not want to make his loan into a permanent transfer.
The Daily Mail reckon Tottenham have passed up the opportunity to sign Juventus striker Paulo Dybala after he wanted £280,000 a week in wages.
29 year old Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Jonas Hoffman is said to have held talks with Spurs about a move in the transfer window.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Steven Bergwijn played all 90 minutes of Holland’s home 4-1 win over Belgium in the Nations League tonight, scoring one of the Dutch goals.
In the France v Denmark Nations League match, Hugo Lloris captained France throughout and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg did the same as the Danes won 2-1 in the Stade de France.
Bryan Gil played 68 minutes of Spain Under-21s 6-0 win over Northern Ireland in Larne this afternoon, grabbing two goals for his country in their Under-21 European Championship qualifier.
- ARMED ROBBERY : – Emerson Royal was the victim of an armed robbery in his home town of Americana in Brazil. Around 29 shots were said to be fired and the Spurs wing-back was unharmed after leaving a party, with an off-duty policeman in attendance shooting the gunman, who was arrested and taken to hospital.
- HONOURS : – Former Spurs midfielder Gareth Bale has been awarded the MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list for his services to football and his charity work.
Heung-Min Son has been awarded the highest sporting medal – the Cheongryong medal – by South Korea’s President Yoon Suk-Yeol.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Heung-Min Son played all of South Korea’s home friendly in which they were beaten by Brazil 5-1.
Spurs Development squad defender Maksim Paskotsi was a 69th minute substitute for Estonia in their Nations League match against San Marino, which they won 2-0.
Sweden beat Slovenia 2-0 in their away Nations League match, with Dejan Kulusevski playing the whole game and scoring one of the goals.
- DEPARTURES : – Tottenham have announced that the loan of Pierluigi Gollini from Atalanta has been completed and he will return to his parent club.
Other players not retained by Spurs are J’Neil Bennett, Kacper Kurylowicz, Dermi Lusala, Thimothee Lo-Tutala, Josh Oluwayemi, Tobi Omole, Isak Solberg, Jordan Hackett, Jezreel Davies, Khalon Haysman, Renaldo Torraj and Oliver Turner.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reported today to have been in discussions with Barcelona’s French defender Clement Lenglet about a two year loan move.
It is rumoured that Spurs have been offered the opportunity to sign West Ham United London midfielder Tomas Soucek, with his current club’s contract offer being rejected by the Czech international, who has fallen out with Irons boss David Moyes.
Tottenham and Everton are said to have made bids for South Korean defender Min-Jae Kim, who currently plays in Turkey for Fenerbahce, with the player set to travel to England soon, having a £19.6 million exit clause in his contract.
Stories claim that Antonio Conte has made a move to sign out of favour Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku, but he is more keen on a loan move back to Internazionale.
Real Sociedad have allegedly contacted Bryan Gil about a loan move with some confusion as to whether he will return to Valencia to extend his loan spell at the Mestalla.
- OTHER NEWS : – Neil Critchley has left his post as Blackpool manager to become assistant manager at Aston Villa …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Reports today indicate that Liverpool have held talks with Harry Kane with a view to him moving to Anfield to replace Sadio Mane.
Having been in charge at Swansea City when Joe Rodon was playing, Nottingham Forest manager Steve Sooper is now eyeing a move for the Welsh centre half to bolster the newly promoted club’s line-up.
It is reported that Villarreal are in “advanced talks” with Tottenham to sign Giovani Lo Celso for around £20 million.
Rumours today claim that Spurs may be able to broker a deal to sign James Ward-Prowse, as South Coast Big Club are keen on acquiring Harry Winks, so an exchange deal of some kind might possibly be on the cards, perhaps.
Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Adama Traore is back on Tottenham’s transfer wish list according to the Daily Express, but Newcash United and Aston Villa are also keen on signing him.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Cristian Romero played 85 minutes and Giovani Lo Celso 90+1 minutes of Argentina’s 3-0 win over Italy at Wembley in the Finalissima 2022 – a competition for the winners of the South American and European championship tournaments.
Joe Rodon was an unused substitute in Wales’ 1-2 away defeat in a friendly against Poland tonight.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs midfielder Dominic Ball has left QPR to join Ipswich Town on a free transfer.
Former Spurs Academy defender Darren McQueen has been released by Dagenham & Redbridge.
- CRIMEWATCH : – West Ham United London defender Kurt Zouma has been sentenced to 180 hours of Community Service and was banned form keeping cats for five years after pleading guilty to mistreating and causing unnecessary distress and suffering to his pet cat. His brother who filmed it and post it on social media was sentenced to 140 hours of Community Service.
- OTHER NEWS : – Queens Park Rangers have appointed Michael Beale as their new manager …
Previous White Hot Lines