This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
MEHSTG’s occasional spin stories have no basis in truth, but could have been true in another universe.
Previous White Hot Lines
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY
- TRANSFER IN : – Tottenham confirmed the signing of Barcelona’s 22 year old Brazilian right back Emerson Royal for £25.7 million.
- PLAYER OUT : – Serge Aurier‘s contract with the club has been terminated by mutual consent.
- LOAN OUT : – Development striker J’Neil Bennett has gone on loan to Crewe Alexandra until January 2022.
Defender Cameron Carter-Vickers has joined Glasgow Celtic on loan for the rest of the 2021-2022 season with an option to buy next summer.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Real Betis were linked with signing Tottenham full back Serge Aurier.
Jack Clarke has decided to stay at Tottenham after having talks with three clubs about going on loan.
One report claimed that Spurs would listen to offers for Matt Doherty.
Tottenham could make a late move for 24 year old Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Ruben Neves, who would cost about £34 million.
Neves’ team-mate Adama Traore looks like his desired move to N17 won’t happen, as Wolverhampton Wanderers upped the asking price to £50 million for the Spanish winger, but Tottenham only offered £30 million.
While Tottenham were looking for a permanent deal for Cameron Carter-Vickers to leave the club, only loan interest from Glasgow Celtic and Newcastle United materialised.
- UNDER-21s : – Tottenham’s Under=21 side beat Stevenage 4-3 at Broadhall Way tonight in the EFL Trophy with goals from Harvey White 2, Iago Santiago and Brooklyn Lyons-Foster.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are said to be monitoring Glasgow Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard who is also reported to be a £18 million target for Everton.
The move to sign Emerson Royal from Barcelona might be fruitless, as it is reported the Brazilian wants to stay at the club, so there have been rumours that Spurs might return to Bologna to see if a deal for Takehiro Tomiyasu can be sealed, although the asking price may have risen to £19 million. However later reports indicated that a £25.7 million fee had been agreed and it was just up to Emerson, with Barcelona trying to persuade him to leave as they need the money.
News reports indicate that Tottenham have a concrete interest in signing Juventus’ American striker Weston McKennie.
Tanguy Ndombele is likely to stay with Tottenham this season, after news that Spurs have given up trying to find a club for him, as his wages and transfer fee would hinder any switch.
- EUROPA CONFERENCE : – The Group G matches for Spurs have been arranged and are as follows …
Thursday 16th September – Rennes (away) Kick off 17.45.
Thursday 30th September – Mura (home) Kick off 20.00.
Thursday 21st October – Vitesse Arnhem (away) Kick off 17.45.
Thursday 4th November – Vitesse Arnhem (home) Kick off 20.00.
Thursday 25th November – Mura (away) Kick off 17.45.
Thursday 9th Decvember – Rennes (home) Kick off 20.00.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Watford 1-0 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this afternoon to go top of the table. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Brighton & Hove Albion’s midfielder Yves Bissouma is reported to be a late £40 million target for Spurs.
Barcelona might be seeking the free transfer of Hugo Lloris next summer, as the Spurs captain will be out of contract, with no talks about a new deal in the pipeline.
Spurs are believed to be in talks for Barcelona right back Emerson Royal for a fee reputed to be around 20 million Euros. They are also in discussion about a move to the Nou Camp for Serge Aurier. The La Liga club were also keen on selling midfielder Iliax Moriba to Tottenham, but news coming out of Spain claims that he will sign for RB Leipzig.
The Italian press claim Spurs are no longer interested in Sampdoria winger Mikkel Damsgaard.
- TEAM NEWS : – Joe Rodon and Cameron Carter-Vickers are the only two injury concerns for Spurs when they face Watford at the THS tomorrow.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reported to be in talks with Barcelona for two of their players. Iliax Moriba was in talks with the club today and Tottenham are also said to be trying to negotiate to buy right back Emerson Royal, a long-time target, who they hope to have on a loan-to-buy basis. Barcelona refused the offer of involving Serge Aurier in a swap deal for the 22 year old Emerson. Moriba is also interesting RB Leipzig and there is an issue regarding the amount to be paid to the 18 year old’s agents.
Apparently, midfielder Harry Winks has been offered to Leeds United, as it is reported that Nuno Espirito Santo does not see him featuring in his plans for the team.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham’s Third Round League Cup tie away at Wolverhampton Wanderers will kick off at 19.45 on Wednesday 22nd September and has not been chosen for live TV coverage.
- TRANSFER IN : – Tottenham have confirmed the signing of Pape Matar Sarr from Metz. The 18 year old defensive Senegal midfielder will go back to Metz on loan for the remainder of the 2021-22 season, before coming to N17 in the summer of 2022.
- TRANSFER OUT : – Moussa Sissoko has joined Watford for a fee quoted as being around £3 million.
- EUROPA CONFERENCE : – Tottenham have been drawn in Group G of the Europa Conference, paired with Stade Rennes of France, Vitesse Arnhem of Holland and NS Mura of Slovenia. Fixture dates and kick off times will be confirmed by UEFA.
- UNDER-23s : – Our Under-23s lost 1-2 at Hotspur Way to Woolwich Wanderers this afternoon. Alfie Devine scored for Spurs, before Marcel Lavinier was dismissed.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Steven Bergwijn has been picked for the Netherlands quad to face Norway, Montenegro and Turkey in World Cup qualifying matches in the coming fortnight.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Pacos de Ferreira 3-0 in the play-off second leg to qualify for the group stage of the Europa Conference. Match Report.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Harry Kane has been named in the England squad for World Cup qualifying matches against Hungary, Andorra and Poland.
- KANE NEWS : – Harry Kane has been fined two weeks wages for his issues regarding his return to training. He might be willing to sign a new deal with Tottenham, but would want a release clause and about £400,000 a week in wages, if reports are to be believed. The Spurs striker was going to be offered £500,000 a week by Manchester City. Harry Kane scored twice in the first team’s Europa Conference play-off second leg tonight.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are rumoured to be challenging Fiorentina for Real Madrid right back Alvaro Odriozola, but Serge Aurier may have to be sold first and he is interesting Lille but only as a replacement if they sell Zeki Celik.
Wolverhampton Wanderers have reportedly agreed a price of £40 million for Adama Traore, but the club might not want to let him go anyway.
Apparently, Iliax Moriba was in London last week to talk to Chelsea, Woolwich Wanderers and Spurs with the 18 year old looking to leave Barcelona for around £17 million.
Moussa Sissoko is in talks to join Watford.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs defender Dean Austin has been appointed as Director of Football at St. Albans City.
Former Academy winger Cy Goddard has signed for Central Coast Mariners in Australia.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham have been drawn away to Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Third Round of the League Cup, with the match to be played in the week beginning 20th September.
- TEAM NEWS : – Cristian Romero is fit to be considered for tomorrow’s Europa Conference Play-off second leg but Cameron Carter-Vickers and Joe Rodon are ruled out with injury. With his fitness improving, Harry Kane is also an option for Nuno Espirito Santo.
- KANE NEWS : – Harry Kane has put out a statement that he will stay with Tottenham “this summer”.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reported to have agreed a few with Wolverhampton Wanderers for Adama Traore, but the payment schedule may not be acceptable to the Molineux club.
Rennes striker Jeremy Doku is a target for Spurs and Liverpool, with his club wanting £43 million for the 19 year old Belgian international.
Today, reports indicate that Tottenham may be willing to offer Tanguy Ndombele in a deal to tempt AC Milan into letting Franck Kessie come to N17.
- EX-SPURS : – Our former winger Aaron Lennon has signed for Burnley again after a year playing in Turkey for Kayserispor.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported to be interested in Parma’s 22 year old Romanian striker Dennis Man, who may be available for £8 million to £12 million.
AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie is out of contract next summer, so Spurs might offer £8 million or wait until next year to sign him for free.
Moussa Sissoko could be at the centre of talks between Tottenham and Juventus about a swap deal for US winger Weston McKennie.
Chelsea and Tottenham are interested in FC Porto’s 24 year old Colombian international winger Luis Diaz, who has a release clause in his contract worth £68 million.
Allegedly Spurs have held informal talks with the representatives of Olympique Lyonnais midfielder Houssem Aouar.
Tottenham’s £6.9 million offer for Domingos Duarte has been rejected by Granada, but Spurs may return with an improved off for the central defender.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The latest rumour is that Tottenham were so impressed by Adama Troare‘s performance yesterday that they have entered talks with Wolverhampton Wanderers to take the Spanish winger on loan for a season with a view to a £40 million purchase. It has been reported that the Molineux club have rejected the kind offer.
Tottenham are reported to want to sign Sporting Lisbon midfielder Palhinha for £20 million, while the Portuguese club are looking for nearer £30 million.
- UNDER-23s : – Tottenham’s Under-23s took maximum points from their visit to Leeds United in the Premier League 2 this afternoon. Dilan Markanday hit a first half-hat-trick and Nile John got a second half goal to secure the win. Match Report.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham won 1-0 against Wolverhampton Wanderers at Molineux this afternoon. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Benfica striker Darwin Nunez looks set to sign for Brighton & Hove Albion, but Spurs might make a move to hijack the £25 million move.
The Sunday Express laughably (probably) suggest that N17 could be a destination for Cristiano Ronaldo when he leaves Juventus, as he hopes to this summer. I suppose the one medal he is missing in his collection is the Europa Conference, so if we squeak past Pacos de Ferreira, it could be a big draw for the Portuguese superstar.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – In the Daily Express, they claim that Bayern Munich are willing to pay £17.17 million (which is probably a nice round figure in Euros) and throw in Corentin Tolisso in exchange for Tanguy Ndombele. I’m not sure how much that totals, but it sounds less than we paid for the French international (Tolisso rated at £18 million apparently), so it is unsurprising that Tottenham have rejected this offer. With Bayern, like many clubs on the continent, badly hit financially by the pandemic, it is a question is anyone will be able to afford the wantaway midfielder.
Ndombele is also at the centre of a story in Italy that involves a swap for US and Juventus midfielder Weston McKennie.
Tottenham are rumoured to be wanting to take Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Adama Traore on loan for the season.
An alternative would be Shakhtar Donetsk winger Kvica Kvaratskhelia.
Fenerbahce are reported to be interested in signing Moussa Sissoko.
- UNDER-18s : – Spurs Under-18s suffered a 2-7 home defeat to Chelsea this morning with Roshaun Mathurin scoring and Jamie Donley getting the other goal from the penalty spot before getting sent off.
- TEAM NEWS : – Ahead of Tottenham’s match at Wolverhampton Wanderers on Sunday, it looks as though the injury picked up in last night’s Europa Conference game by Cameron Carter-Vickers will rule him out of contention and Joe Rodon is still injured after a practice match earlier this week. Tanguy Ndombele will not be in the squad to travel to Molineux as NES said that his attitude over the last couple of years has not been right and that he does not pick up the pace that the Premier League is played at, but a decision on the selection of Harry Kane will be made ahead of the match.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – A loan deal for Cagliari midfielder Nahitan Nandez is set to be “imminent” to bring the Uruguayan international to N17 according to the Italian media and although the £4 million deal for the season is allegedly likely to go through, it is not known if there will be an option to buy at the end of it.
Tottenham are reported to be interested in signing Weston McKennie of Juventus, where Fabio Paratici was Director of Football at the time. Everton are also keen on the US international midfielder.
Granada defender Domingos Duarte is a £8.7 million target for Spurs, as the defence is bolstered by incoming players, but the 26 year old has a £25.7 million release clause.
Following Nuno Espirito Santo‘s comments about Tanguy Ndombele, the French midfielder has asked the club, for the second time, to grant him his wish to leave. The player believes that Barcelona are willing to sign him, but with Daniel Levy most likely not wanting to make a loss on the deal, the cash-strapped La Liga side might not be able to afford Ndombele.
Tottenham are poised to sign Metz’s Senegal midfielder 18 year old Pape Matar Sarr. The highly sought after 18 year old will likely be loaned back to Metz for the season, but the deal will cost Spurs £8.6 million with £4.3 million in add-ons.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 0-1 away to Pacos de Ferreira tonight in the Europa Conference play-off First Leg. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The club are said to be in advanced talks to sign Cagliari’s Uruguayan midfielder Nahitan Nandez.
Tottenham are reported to have sent a scout to watch the Benfica v PSV Eindhoven Champions League qualifier last night and it is rumoured that they were there to watch our former Development striker Noni Madueke. Leicester City and Wolverhampton Wanderers are also said to have been represented at the match.
A new name has been linked with an interest from Spurs, as well as AC Milan and Spartak Moscow, in the form of Vanderson – a 20 year old Gremio defender, but his release clause, as well as the reluctance of his club to sell, may prove a problematic hurdle.
- KANE NEWS : – Harry Kane has reportedly hired a new PR firm to conduct his business possibly following on from the messy way his intention to leave the club has come across to the public.
- TEAM NEWS : – The squad travelled to Portugal without the players who started on Sunday against Manchester City and Harry Kane. Joe Rodon misses out as he suffered an injury after a match in training. Dane Scarlett will start the match up front and Ryan Sessegnon came through the first half of the Under-23s game on Monday, so is available for selection.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are believed to be interested in signing Chelsea central defender Kurt Zouma, but John Terry has told him not to join Spurs.
Tottenham were one of a number of clubs who enquired about signing Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham before he moved to AS Roma.
Spurs are said to be ready to make a move for Olympique Lyonnais midfielder Houssem Aouar, with Woolwich Wanderers looking to capture other targets.
Liverpool and Spurs are reported to be going head-to-head for the signing of Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Adama Traore, who might cost £40 million.
- KANE NEWS : – Harry Kane has not travelled to Portugal with the rest of the squad for the Europa Conference play-off first leg against Pacos de Ferreira.
Questions of Nuno Espirito Santo about the striker’s availability for the match against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Sunday were answered with a decision will be made on Saturday, as is normal with players who are regaining fitness.
- EX-SPURS : – Charlie Daniels has signed with Colchester United after being released by Portsmouth.
Having been let go by Derby County, Tom Huddlestone has signed for Hull City.
- TRANSFER OUT : – Lincoln City have signed TJ Eyoma on a permanent basis for an undisclosed fee.
- KANE NEWS : – Having returned to training with the first team today, Harry Kane is still said to be keen on his move to Manchester City if they make a British record transfer offer, with City looking to seal a deal for the striker before transfer deadline day, but they will walk away from a move for Kane if Tottenham do not allow the deal to go through this summer. The Spurs striker has reportedly accused Daniel Levy of breaking his word to allow him to leave this summer.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Having been sent to train with the reserves for failing to sign a new contract (sound familiar ?), Barcelona midfielder Ilaix Moriba has attracted interest from Spurs and Liverpool, although at some stage most of the Premier League clubs have watched the 18 year old.
- EUROPA CONFERENCE TEAM NEWS : – Harry Kane has been included in Tottenham’s squad for the away leg of the Europa Conference play-off at Pacos de Ferreira on Thursday, but Serge Aurier and Tanguy Ndombele have been omitted.
- UNDER-23s : – Spurs were held 2-2 at Stevenage FC by Chelsea’s Under-23s. Dilan Markanday and J’Neil Bennett scored Tottenham’s goals and Harvey White had a late penalty saved. Ryan Sessegnon played his first 45 minutes of football this season as he continues his comeback form a hamstring injury.
- EX-SPURS : – Midfielder Tom Carroll has signed for Ipswich Town after being released by QPR at the end of last season.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Manchester City 1-0 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the opening game of the season. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Villarreal defender Pau Torres has said he does not want to sign for Tottenham, as he wants to play Champions League football.
Meanwhile, it is reported that Atletico Madrid have dropped out of the chase to sign Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic, while his fellow team-mate for club and country Nikola Milenkovic is no longer of interest to West Ham United London.
Following their embarrassing opening match defeat at Brentford, Woolwich Wanderers are going all out to sign Lautaro Martinez.
Leeds United are looking to tie down their striker Patrick Bamford to a new contract with rumours that Spurs are keen on signing him.
- OTHER NEWS : – German goal-scoring legend Gerd Muller died today.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reportedly keeping an eye on Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha with the possibility of a move for the Ivory Coast international not being ruled out.
Further rumours today variously link Tottenham with Napoli striker Lorenzo Insigne, Sampdoria winger Mikkel Damsgaard and with his current contract talks hitting an impasse, Juventus’ Argentine forward Paulo Dybala.
- HARRY KANE : – Amongst articles on-line about Nuno Espirito Santo having talks this evening with Harry Kane about whether he will play against Manchester City tomorrow, other stories state that the striker has resigned himself to staying at Spurs for the remainder of the season.
- TEAM NEWS : – New manager Nuno Espirito Santo will make late decisions on players such as Harry Kane, Bryan Gil and Cristian Romero, who have joined the squad more recently, but Ryan Sessegnon is likely to miss out as he continues his recovery from a hamstring injury.
- UNDER-18s : – Tottenham’s Under-18s opened their season with a defeat at Fulham by 2-4, with the Tottenham goals coming from Jamie Donley (penalty) and Jaden Williams.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – A bid of £17 million by Spurs has been rejected by Shakhtar Donetsk for Brazilian right back Dodo.
With talks breaking down with West Ham United London, Spurs have started talks with Fiorentina over the signing of central defender Nikola Milenkovic, with Wolverhampton Wanderers also keen.
Brazilian midfielder Igor Gomes of Sao Paulo is potentially up for sale, as his club is in financial trouble and Spurs are looking to out-bid West Ham United London.
Tottenham and Leeds United both are interested in signing Sampdoria’s Danish winger Mikkel Damsgaard.
- EUROPA CONFERENCE : – The dates and kick off times for Tottenham’s play-off round matches with Pacos de Ferreira have been announced with the away leg first on Thursday 19th August kicking off at 19. 30, with the second leg a week later at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium with a 19.45 kick off.
- LOAN OUT : – Goalkeeper Alfie Whiteman has been loaned to Swedish side Degerfors for the season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Rumour is that Manchester City are preparing a 150 million Euros bid (instead of a £127 million bid) to finally sign Harry Kane.
While this is allegedly going on, it is rumoured in the Daily Express that Tottenham are trying to sign Villarreal central defender Pau Torres for £45 million.
With Leicester City poised to sign South Coast Big Club’s central defender Jannik Vestergaard, Spurs are rumoured to be ready to pip them for the Danish international said to be for sale at 14 million Euros.
With the Harry Kane situation yet to be resolved, it is reported that Spurs are keeping an eye on Tammy Abraham‘s future at Chelsea, as a fee of £35 million for the England international has been quoted.
It is reported that Tottenham’s £17 million off for Sheffield United midfielder Sander Berge has been rejected by the Championship side and they want nearer his release clause of £35 million.
Talks to sign Dusan Vlahovic from Fiorentina have “intensified” following Tottenham’s move for Lautaro Martinez apparently failing.
- STADIUM : – The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will stage the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final on 28th May 2022.
- TRANSFER OUT : – Left back Dennis Cirkin has signed for Sunderland for an undisclosed fee.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham have an interest in signing Borussia Monchengladbach’s Swiss midfielder Denis Zakaria, along with Woolwich Wanderers and Everton.
South Coast Big Club’s captain – midfielder James Ward-Prowse – is reported in the Telegraph to be a transfer target for Aston Villa and Tottenham.
Spurs are reported to have offered £17 million for Sheffield United’s Norwegian midfielder Sander Berge, although the Blades are said to want at least £25 million for the 23 year old.
Tottenham still retain an interest in signing Torino striker Andrea Belotti and Lazio’s Uruguayan forward Joaquin Correa.
Alfie Whiteman is being linked with a move to Swedish side Degerfors, although this is unclear if it will be a loan or a permanent move.
Tottenham offer to take Joao Palhinha on loan has been rejected by Sporting Lisbon and they are looking for £34 million for their Portuguese midfielder.
- EX-SPURS : – Released by AFC Wimbledon, former Development squad striker Shayon Harrison has signed for Morecambe.
- SUBSTITUTES : – The Premier League have ruled that clubs can have up to nine substitutes to choose from and three substitutions can be made.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Allegedly, Spurs have made contact with Sporting Lisbon about a deal to sign Portuguese international midfielder Joao Palhinha, who may cost £14 million.
Fenerbahce only seem to want to take Moussa Sissoko on loan, while Spurs would rather a permanent deal for the French midfielder.
Strangely, a widely reported rumour says that Spurs are keen on signing a Barcelona forward to replace Harry Kane should he leave Tottenham, but the player in question is Danish international Martin Braithwaite, who would not be a straight replacement and not the player from Barcelona Spurs fans might be thinking of.
And while we are talking about Harry Kane, one report reckons he might be open to signing a new contract with Tottenham, as Manchester City may not have time to come to an agreement to sign him before the transfer deadline closes. Another report claims that Gabriel Jesus and Aymeric Laporte have been offered as part of a deal for the Spurs man, amounting to £84 million apparently. Manchester United may jump in ahead of City to try and complete a deal for Kane.
Tottenham are keeping an eye on Everton forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin should Harry Kane leave the club.
Bayern Munich look set to let midfielder Corentin Tolisso leave for a fee of around £8.5 million with West Ham United London and Spurs reportedly interested in the 27 year old French international.
Watford winger Ismaila Sarr is said to be a target for Tottenham, with a price of over £50 million quoted in the media.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – It is reported today that Chelsea and Spurs are interested in signing former Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero, who it was said was ready to leave Barcelona (who have not been able to register his signing because of La Liga’s salary cap requirements) after his friend Lionel Messi left the Nou Camp. However, other stories have reported he is going to stay at Barcelona, but now that he is out for 10 weeks with a calf injury, it is unlikely that any team will be looking to sign him.
With Leeds United apparently interested in signing Torino’s Serbian midfielder Sasa Lukic for £8.5 million, it included a mention that Spurs are also keen on signing the 24 year old.
Despite a story in the Sun that Tottenham are set to make a move to sign winger Raheem Sterling, the player has allegedly told Manchester City that he does not want to be involved in any part of a swap deal for Harry Kane, as he does not want to play for Tottenham Hotspur. City though feel that they will be able to come up with a player plus cash deal amounting to £150 million to secure the signing of the Spurs striker.
AC Milan are reported to be showing an interest in signing Moussa Sissoko, although Fenerbahce are also said to be keen on the Spurs midfielder.
Bordeaux midfielder Yacine Adli is being monitored by Woolwich Wanderers and Spurs, while AC Milan’s offer of 12 million Euros plus a 10% sell on clause has been rejected for the 21 year old former Paris Saint Germain man.
After being left out of the pre-season matches a number of sources reckon that Tanguy Ndombele is considering his future at Tottenham.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Arsenal 1-0 in the MIND Series of friendlies at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this afternoon. Match Report .
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Some sources report that Tottenham have agreed a £60 million fee to sign Lautaro Martinez. However, his club Internazionale have refuted that a fee has been arrived at and the player’s agent states that Martinez is keen to stay at the San Siro.
The papers are going big on Harry Kane to Manchester City rumours today. City are still apparently keen to offer Bernardo Silva as part of a deal worth either £120 million (plus £20 million add-ons) or £150 million (depending on which source you believe).
Tottenham may make a move for Internazionale’s Dutch central defender Stefan de Vrij, who is currently being offered to Leicester City. He is said to be priced at around £28 million plus add-ons should he leave Italy.
Following Lionel Messi‘s departure from Barcelona, ESPN in South America have stated that Tottenham contacted the Argentine legend’s people to discuss the financial possibilities of signing the 34 year old midfielder. However, it appears his move to Paris Saint Germain is advanced and it is likely that he will be playing at the Parc des Princes next season.
- LOAN OUT : – Development midfielder Jamie Bowden has completed a season long loan move to Oldham Athletic.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Atalanta have revealed that the deal that has seen Cristian Romero sign for Spurs, is a season’s loan with an option to buy and not a permanent transfer.
Moussa Sissoko has been told he can leave the club and is rumoured to have been in talks with an overseas club about a move.
Manchester City are still pushing for a move for Harry Kane, now offering Bernardo Silva as part of a £150 million package. Daniel Levy has set £160 million price tag for the striker, who the Daily Express claim has agreed personal terms with City and that the deal “will be done” as the income will be re-invested in the squad. The player himself is reported as having attended the training ground today for Covid-19 testing and will stay in the hotel at Hotspur Way, while training on his own until his isolation period ends.
- UNDER-23s : – A friendly between the Tottenham Under-23s and Barnet at The Hive ended 1-1 with Romaine Mundle netting Tottenham’s goal.
- OLYMPIC GAMES : – Bryan Gil came off the bench at half-time in normal time for Spain in the Olympic Men’s Football final, but Brazil went on to win 2-1 in extra time. Gil hit the bar with a shot and got booked for a cynical foul on Malcom.
- TRANSFER IN : – Atalanta’s Argentine defender Cristian Romero has completed his move to Tottenham for a fee reported to be around £47 million.
- FIXTURE CHANGES : – Details of live coverage of some of Tottenham’s October matches have been announced …
Newcastle United (away) – Now on Sunday 17th October with a 16.30 kick off (Sky Sports)
West Ham United London (away) – Now on Sunday 24th October with a 14.00 kick off (Sky Sports)
Manchester United (home) – Still on Saturday 30th October, but will kick off at 17.30 (Sky Sports).
- MICHAEL DAWSON : – Former Spurs captain Michael Dawson retired from playing today after his release by Nottingham Forest this summer. He will be carrying out the role of a THFC club ambassador after being appointed to the post today.
- HARRY KANE : – Following a backlash to reports that he had failed to turn up for training, Harry Kane has issued a statement on social media stating that he would never refuse to train and that he was upset about the backlash from fans over the issue. Manchester City have said that they are interested in signing the Spurs striker if THFC are willing to negotiate. Not sure that Daniel Levy would be keen to talk to them about the transfer that they envisage.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs Development defender Dennis Cirkin is in “advanced” talks with Sunderland about signing for the League One side.
Spurs have agreed a loan fee with Galatasaray for Japhet Tanganga to join the Turkish side, but it is said that the young defender is not keen on the move.
It is reported that Spurs have made an opening offer for Sampdoria’s Danish winger Mikkel Damsgaard.
- TRANSFER OUT : – Development defender Jubril Okedina has signed for Cambridge United for an undisclosed fee.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham drew 2-2 away to Chelsea in the Mind Series of pre-season friendlies. Lucas Moura and Steven Bergwijn scored Tottenham’s goals. A match report will follow.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported to be interested in Barcelona midfielder Philippe Coutinho should Harry Kane leave the club.
Former Spurs Development striker Noni Madueke has been a linked as a potential next signing for Tottenham, with Crystal Palace and Leeds United also looking at signing the 19 year old rates at £20 million.
Newcastle United are said to be interested in signing Oliver Skipp on loan.
New rumours have emerged that Spurs are willing to sell Ben Davies in this transfer window.
A weird story coming out of Spain reckons Tottenham will be make a move for Sheffield United right back Jayden Bogle.
- ANTI-SEMITISM : – Shock jock radio station TalkSport have made a grovelling apology after the presenters of one of their programmes failed to challenge anti-Semitic abuse of Daniel Levy on air. While THFC issued a statement accepting the apology, they strongly criticised the lack of action to denounce the caller’s comment.
- TRANSFER OUT : – Glasgow Celtic have completed the signing of Joe Hart for a reported fee of £1 million.
- HARRY KANE : – Some reports say Spurs will hit Harry Kane with a big fine for missing training, while others reckon he is self-isolating after coming back from the Caribbean, where he had travelled to holiday.
- EUROPA CONFERENCE : – Spurs have been drawn to play Northern Ireland side Larne or Portuguese club Pacos de Ferreira in the play-off qualifying round to qualify for the group stages of the Europa Conference. The winner of the Third Qualifying Round tie will play Spurs on Thursday 19th and Thursday 26th August.
- HARRY KANE : – The England striker was due at Hotspur Way for Coivd-19 testing today ahead of a return to training tomorrow, but failed to do so. There has been no statement from the club surrounding his absence, but the media have leapt on the situation claiming he is trying to force a move to Manchester City. Manchester United may revive their interest in Kane if City drop out of the running.
- LOAN OUT : – Kion Etete signed a new deal until 2023 and was immediately loaned out to Northampton Town for the 2021-22 season..
- TRANSFER NEWS : – Spurs may get involved in the chase to sign Internazionale striker Lautaro Martinez, but he might cost £65 million.
Oldham Athletic want to sign Development squad midfielder Jamie Bowden on loan for the new season.
Tottenham have turned down the bid by Glasgow Celtic to take Cameron Carter-Vickers on loan, with Spurs looking for a permanent deal for the US international defender, although the Scottish Premier League club may not be willing to pay £5 million.
Everton and Spurs are allegedly interested in Club America’s Mexican international Jorge Sanchez. The 23 year old would be able to play at right or left back.
One report on the Net claims that Tottenham have held preliminary talks with Wolverhampton Wanderers about signing their captain Conor Coady.
Joe Hart is reported to be having a medical at Glasgow Celtic tomorrow ahead of a £1 million transfer,
A new rumour links Spurs among a number of English clubs who are interested in signing Hatayspor striker Aaron Boupendza, a 24 year old Gabon international who is about to be sold by his club “for not a penny less then £7 million.”
- EX-SPURS : – Former Development central defender Connor Ogilvie has signed for Portsmouth after failing to agree a new deal with his former club Gillingham.
- CONTRACT : – On turning 17, Alfie Devine has signed his first professional contract with Tottenham that will run until 2024.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Harry Kane is set to tell Tottenham that he wants to join Manchester City, the Sunday Express reports. Others claim that Tottenham want to buy Bernardo Silva. but he may become part of a deal for Kane to move to the Premier League Champions.
The Mail on Sunday claims that Spurs are interested in pairing Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Adama Traore with his former manager Nuno Espirito Santo, but he could cost £45 million.
Spurs are said to be challenging Arsenal and Juventus to sign Manuel Locatelli from Sassuolo.
- OTHER NEWS : – MK Dons manager Russell Martin has agreed to take over at Swansea City.
Previous White Hot Lines