This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
To find out what was going on for the particular day in the past, click “On this day in Spurs history”.
Previous White Hot Lines.
- CONTRACT AND LOAN OUT : – Dane Scarlett has penned a new contract with Spurs that will run until 2027. Tottenham have agreed for him to join Ipswich Town on loan for the rest of the 2023-2024 season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – German side Augsburg are reported to be in talks with Tottenham to sign a loan to buy deal for Japhet Tanganga.
Spurs have apparently given Sergio Reguilon permission to speak to Mancashter United about a loan move to Old Trafford.
Dutch defender Perr Schuurs is said to be the subject of a late move by Spurs to snap up the Torino man.
Fulham hope to move ahead of Atletico Madrid and sign Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.
Davinson Sanchez has been linked with interest from AS Monaco, Rennes, Galatasaray and PSV Eindhoven after a loan to buy offer from Borussia Dortmund was rejected by Tottenham. However, Nottingham Forest are said to be keen on him being included in a swap deal for Brennan Johnson.
Spurs are reported to have turned down an offer from Burnley for a loan deal for Eric Dier.
Rumours still persist that Tottenham are interested in signing Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher.
Today there are rumours that Spurs might make a late move for AFC Bournemouth central defender Lloyd Kelly.
The Spanish media reckon Spurs have made a £86 million offer to Real Madrid for the permanent signing of winger Rodrygo.
Tottenham are reported to be making firm steps to sign FC Porto winger Pepe, who might cost £64.4 million.
- INTERNATIONALS : – James Maddison has been selected for the England squad to play Poland and Scotland next month.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson has signed a one-year deal with Lyngby of Denmark.
- LOAN OUT : – Tottenham have agreed for Djed Spence to go on loan to Leeds United for the 2023-2024 season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Borussia Dortmund is the latest club to be linked with a move for Eric Dier, with clubs from Saudi Arabia keen on the central defender too.
It is reported that Genoa and Tottenham have agreed to a loan deal for Tanguy Ndombele, but now the player has to decide if he wants the move to Italy. The club promoted to Serie A also want Pape Matar Sarr, but he looks to be set to remain at the THS. Later reports claim that Internazionale had made a loan move for Ndombele.
Torino are said to be interested in signing Japhet Tanganga, but later reports claimed the deal was not going to happen
With Nottingham Forest pushing up the price for Brennan Johnson, Spurs are said to be ready to change the target to Crystal Palace midfielder Eberechi Eze.
Barcelona forward Ansu Fati is reported to be the subject of talks between Tottenham and Barcelona, with the Spanish club trying to push him our way, although it was later reported that he had agreed to sign for Brighton & Hove Albion.
Atletico Madrid are keen to take Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg on loan with an option to buy.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 3-5 on penalties after a 1-1 draw at Fulham tonight in the League Cup. MATCH REPORT.
- UNDER-21s : – The Spurs Under-21 side beat Sunderland Under-21s 3-2 at Stevenage FC tonight in the Premier League Cup Group E tonight. Jamie Donley scored from the penalty spot, Yago Santiago restored Tottenham’s lead just before half-time after The Black Cats had equalised, but Sunderland levelled with four minutes of normal time remaining. With 11 minutes of time added on, Harvey White curled in a free-kick after eight of them and a Sunderland player was sent off in the final minute for a second yellow card.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – It is reported today that Spurs are agreeing to a £1 million deal for Djed Spence to join Leeds United on a season long loan.
French club Rennes are said to be keen to sign Davinson Sanchez having made a £7.7 million (9 million Euros) bid for the Colombian, which was rejected.
Tottenham are still hoping to arrange a deal to sign central defender Tosin Adarabioyo from Fulham.
Reports claim that Eric Dier is on the way out of Tottenham and his agents have offered Bayern Munich the opportunity to sign him.
Any interest in signing Barcelona forward Ansu Fati could be killed off by the fact that the Spanish club want up to £77 million for the 19 year old, while Spurs are thinking at around £35 million to bring him to N17. Later reports claim that Spurs have made an approach to his club to take Fati on loan for the remainder of the season
Meanwhile, Barcelona are still interested in Giovani Lo Celso, but only on a loan deal as they are finding it hard to sign players because of Financial Fair Play regulations.
Genoa are the latest club to talk to Tottenham about signing Tanguy Ndombele.
AS Roma are the latest club to show an interest in signing Hugo Lloris.
- TEAM NEWS : – Ange Postecoglou has confirmed that Giovani Lo Celso will start tomorrow night’s match against Fulham in the League Cup Second Round, while Ryan Sessegnon, Bryan Gil, Alfie Whiteman and Rodrigo Bentancur are still out injured. Some players who have taken part in the Premier League matches may be rested to prevent any worsening of knocks that they are carrying.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported to be ready to make a £50 million move for Nottingham Forest’s Welsh international forward Brennan Johnson that may include a player moving to the City Ground as part of the deal and are keen on signing Fulham defender Tosin Adarabioyo before Friday’s transfer deadline.
Leeds United are seeking a loan deal to take Djed Spence to Elland Road for the rest of the season.
A report today claims that Paris Saint Germain could make a let move for Tanguy Ndombele, while the French press claim that Galatasaray are making enquiries about signing the 26 year old midfielder.
Japhet Tanganga is holding out for a move to Internazionale, but Everton and Luton Town are keen to keep him in the Premier League.
Spurs are reported as having watched striker Georges Mikautadze of Metz, a 22 year old Georgian international
there are rumours that Spurs will continue to seek the signing of FC Porto’s versatile 26 year old Brazilian Pepe.
A story claims that Mancashter United are keen on Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, while the Evening Standard reckon that Spurs have offered the Dane to the Old Trafford club.
- APOLOGIES : – Sorry to anyone who has tried to access site material remaining on the mehstg.com site, which has been unavailable for a few weeks. It is all back up and running now.
- OTHER NEWS : – Charlton Athletic sacked manager Dean Holden today …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Despite being quoted a fee of over £115 million that Brighton & Hove Albion are placing on their young forward Evan Ferguson, Spurs are considering a move for the 18 year old Irishman.
However, elsewhere it is claimed that Tottenham will be up against Mancashster United to sign Ivan Toney from Brentford in January.
Newcash United and Spurs are both looking at PSV Eindhoven winger Johan Bakayoko, a 20 year old Belgian international.
The agent of Davinson Sanchez is said to be in France trying to find the defender a new club in Ligue 1.
FC Porto striker Medhi Taremi is still reported to be interesting Tottenham, with a fee of £21.4 million believed to be set for the Iranian international.
Fulham are claimed to be joining Mancashter United in being linked with Sergio Reguilon.
Mancashter United, Nottingham Forest and Tottenham are all reported to be interested in 23 year old Juventus defender Andrea Cambiaso.
Mancashter United are interested in signing Ivan Perisic according to reports today.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat AFC Bournemouth 2-0 at the Vitality Stadium this afternoon. MATCH REPORT.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – SSC Napoli are reported to want to take Giovani Lo Celso on loan for the rest of the season with an option to buy but want Tottenham to pay half of his wages, while other reports reckon Spurs want him to stay at the club.
One rumour claims that Besiktas have opened talks with Tottenham about signing Eric Dier.
Mancashter United’s injury crisis at left back is sparking rumours that they may make a move for Sergio Reguilon.
- UNDER-18s : – Our Under-18s beat Woolwich Wanderers Under-18s 4-2 away in the Premier Under-18 League this morning. Tottenham’s goals came from an own goal, James Rowswell, Mikey Moore and Yusuf Akhamrich.
- LOAN OUT : – Port Vale have signed Alfie Devine on a season-long loan.
- TEAM NEWS : – Midfielder James Maddison could be in line to play for Spurs against Bournemouth on Saturday. Rodrigo Bentancur, Ryan Sessegnon, Bryan Gil and Alfie Whiteman are still out with long-term injuries, but Fraser Forster may be in contention for a place on the bench at the Vitality stadium.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Both Fulham and Glasgow Celtic are looking at signing Eric Dier.
Leeds United have made an enquiry about signing Djed Spence.
Real Sociedad have reportedly finished their interest in signing Sergio Reguilon.
Both Barcelona and Aston Villa have decided to look elsewhere after deciding not to pursue their interest in Giovani Lo Celso.
Former Glasgow Celtic striker, Portuguese 24 year old Jota, is reported to be ready to be made available by his Saudi club Al-Ittihad after just two months and he is naturally being linked with his former manager Ange Postecoglou and Spurs.
Crystal Palace have set a price for midfielder Eberechi Eze of £70 million if he is to leave Selhurst Park.
- UNDER-21s : – Derby County Under-21s hosted the Spurs Under-21s and two goals from Will Lankshear gave Tottenham a 2-0 win at Pride Park
- The new MEHSTG editorial – View From The Shelf – is now available.
- LOAN OUT : – Excelsior Rotterdam have signed Troy Parrott on a season-long loan.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Leeds United are keen on signing Djed Spence on loan, as are Bristol City and Swansea City.
A story linking Tottenham with FC Porto winger/full-back/wing-back Pepe quotes a fee of around £42 million for the 26 year old former Brazilian Under-23 international. An offer of £38.5 million plus add-ons of about £13 million has been rejected by the Portuguese club.
Bayer Leverkusen centre-backs Edmond Tapsoba and Piero Hincapie are both linked with a re-surfacing move by Spurs to sign one of them.
Tottenham and Aston Villa are reported to be keen on bringing £35 million rated Barcelona forward Ansu Fati to the Premier League.
Oh, God. It is getting to silly season, with a story claiming that spurs have had internal discussions about signing Keystone Kop Leicester City defender Wout Faes. Bearing in mind he was just part of the Foxes relegated defence, any money spent on him would be better put towards a decent defender.
Brentford have set a minimum fee of £80 million for Ivan Toney should any club want to sign him in January, with Spurs being linked with a move for the England forward.
Tottenham are said to be at odds with Nottingham Forest over a fee for striker Brennan Johnson.
Fulham have allegedly made an enquiry about buying Eric Dier from Spurs.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham’s search for a striker has now returned to Feyenoord, where 22-year old Mexican international Santiago Giminez is widely reported to be a player the club are wanting to bring in quickly. An offer of around £34.2 million is said to be in the offing.
Goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has turned down a move to SS Lazio.
It is rumoured that Internazionale might seek a loan deal for Tanguy Ndombele.
Spurs are reported to be considering a loan move for Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs midfielder Jamie Bowden has failed to earn a contract with Spanish side Deportivo La Coruna after a trial with the La Liga club.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Most stories in the media today surround Eric Dier and a potential move away from Tottenham, but there are no hard and fast facts behind the rumours, other than people thinking Spurs would accept an offer for him, but then that applies to a number of players if the right money is waved in front of the club.
Articles today reckon that Spurs are not keen on paying the 30 million – 40 million Euros KRC Gent want for Gift Orban.
Real Betis are supposedly seeking to take Giovani Lo Celso on loan and are looking to discuss the possibility with Spurs, but Barcelona are also keen on the Argentine midfielder.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – A story today links Spurs with a move for 25 year old Tunisian international central defender Montassar Talbi of French club Lorient.
Everton have added their name to the list of players keen on signing Japhet Tanganga.
Barcelona are reported as being willing to loan Clement Lenglet out again, with discussions over a permanent deal not reaching agreement.
Fulham are believed to want to sign Eric Dier, with the potential of a swap deal bringing Tosin Adarabioyo to N17 reported. However, other reports reckon that Dier would be happy on a loan spell at a club that suits him.
The SS Lazio move for Hugo Lloris could now be revived.
One rumour today claims that Tanguy Ndombele is likely to turn down a move to Nottingham Forest.
A move for OSC Lille striker Jonathan David has apparently been made by Tottenham according to one report today.
Tottenham are said to be considering a move for Brentford forward Ivan Toney in the January transfer window.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – There are few rumours around today, other than stories relating that Randal Kolo Muani does not want to join Spurs and neither does Conor Gallagher. Not too fussed about the Chelsea midfielder, but not overly impressed in stories reckoning we are talking to Romelu Lukaku about a move to Tottenham.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Mancashter United 2-0 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. MATCH REPORT.
- UNDER-21s : – The Spurs Under-21s beat Newcash United Under-21s 4-1 at Stevenage FC this afternoon. Ashley Phillips made his debut in a Spurs shirt and two goals from Yago Santiago, with one each from Jude Soonsup-Bell and Nile John sealed a comfortable victory in the Premier League 2.
- TEAM NEWS : – Cristian Romero is fit to play against Mancashter United tomorrow after suffering a clash of heads in last Sunday’s match at Brentford. Longer-term injuries to Ryan Sessegnon, Rodrigo Bentancur, Fraser Forster, Bryan Gil and Alfie Whiteman mean that they will not be available for the match at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Japhet Tanganga is a loan target for Luton Town.
It is reported that Hugo Lloris has turned down a move to SS Lazio rumoured to be about not being first choice keeper at the club.
Tottenham are reported to have opened talks to sign Nordsjaelland’s 19 year old Ghanaian striker Ernest Nuamah.
Spurs and Woolwich Wanderers are reported to have made contact with the agent of Barcelona forward Ansu Fati about coming to the Premier League.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Netherlands have called up Micky van de Ven into the provisional squad for their Euro 2024 qualifiers against Greece and the Republic of Ireland in September.
- FIXTURE CHANGES : – The latest matches chosen for live TV coverage include the Spurs fixtures which have moved to these dates and times : –
Luton Town (Away) Saturday 7th October. Kick off at 12.30 (TNT Sports)
Fulham (Home) Monday 23rd October. Kick off at 20.00 (Sky Sports)
Crystal Palace (Away) Friday 27th October. Kick off at 20.00 (Sky Sports).
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Reports claim that Real Sociedad have agreed personal terms for Sergio Reguilon.
AS Monaco are keen on Davinson Sanchez and are ready to make an official offer for the Colombian defender.
Spurs and Burnley are reported in the Daily Mail to have an interest in signing Nordsjaelland’s Ghanaian striker Ernest Nuamah. The 19 year old rated at £22 million is also attracting the attention of Ajax, AC Milan and Paris Saint Germain.
The 21 year old Belgian international and Rennes winger Jeremy Doku is rumoured to be a player Tottenham are increasingly keen on.
In a contrasting link, Rennes are said to be looking at taking Tanguy Ndombele back to France.
Djed Spence is reported to be wanted by South Coast Big Club and Crystal Palace on loan for the rest of the season.
Stories today reckon that despite interest from clubs within the Premier League, Japhet Tanganga is holding out for a move to Internazionale, if the Serie A club renew their interest in him.
Spurs are once again linked with moves for a double deal involving Lille’s Canadian striker Jonathan David and Bayer Leverkusen centre back Piero Hincapie amounting to £86 million.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are rumoured to be interested in signing Internazionale striker Lautaro Martinez.
Barcelona striker Ansu Fati looks set to leave the La Liga club with Tottenham reported to be one of the clubs interested in signing the 20 year old.
- DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL RUMOUR : – Rumours coming out of Spain claim that the disarray at Barcelona behind the scenes could lead to their Director of football Mateu Alameny leaving and Spurs could be interested in him replacing Fabio Paratici.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs midfielder Tashan Oakley-Boothe has left Stoke City to join Blackpool on a free transfer.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – SSC Napoli are said to be seeking talks with Tottenham about signing Giovani Lo Celso, although this may initially be on loan. However, it is also reported that Barcelona want to take the Argentine midfielder on a temporary basis.
Leeds United winger Wilfried Gnonto is being linked with interest from Everton and Tottenham and wants to leave the Championship club as soon as possible.
Wild rumour of the day is that Glasgow Celtic are keen on signing Eric Dier. Crystal Palace are also linked with a move for the central defender.
A report claims that Spurs are willing to let Troy Parrott leave having secured the signing of Alejo Veliz, with two Dutch clubs and one each in Germany and Spain said to be interested in the Republic of Ireland international.
Good news emerges today, with Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku seemingly set to reject overtures from Tottenham with his eyes set on a return to Italy.
Stories are still circulating reporting that Tottenham could make a move for Brentford striker Ivan Toney in this summer’s transfer window.
SS Lazio are in negotiations with Spurs about the transfer of Hugo Lloris, it is reported today.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham’s Second Round League Cup tie away at Fulham has been arranged for Tuesday 29th August kicking off at 19.45. There will be no live TV coverage of the match.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs winger Georges-Kevin Nkoudou has joined Saudi side Damac after his contract with Besiktas expired in July.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – It is reported in the media today that Ange Postecoglou has said that he wants the club to sell Tanguy Ndombele, as he is exasperated by his alleged bad time-keeping and his bad attitude. Conversely, despite many spurious stories in the media over the weekend, Eric Dier still remains an important member of the squad and was left out yesterday, as were a number of other players from the matchday 18, only because the team was picked for the relevant opposition.
Under-21s midfielder Jamie Bowden, who was released in June, is on trial with Spanish club Deportivo La Coruna.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham drew 2-2 away at Brentford this afternoon. MATCH REPORT.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs reportedly looked at signing striker Rasmus Hojlund from Atalanta earlier this summer and are said to have enquired about Brighton & Hove Albion’s Evan Ferguson.
Stories today claim Tottenham have made a verbal offer of £23 million for KKK Gent’s Nigerian striker Gift Orban, but the Belgian outfit want £27 million. A formal written offer is expected to be made for Gent’s consideration.
The Sunday Express claims that Spurs have made a first contact with Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku about a move to N17.
- SQUAD NUMBERS : – The club’s squad numbers have been announced for this season.
||Pape Matar Sarr
||Giovani Lo Celso
||Micky van de Ven
- SALE : – Harry Kane has signed for Bayern Munich on a four year deal believed to be worth £86.4 million plus add-ons that could take the final fee to £95 million.
- CAPTAIN : – Heung-Min Son is the new Spurs club captain. The two vice-captains will be James Maddison and Cristian Romero.
- UNDER-21s : – Tottenham’s Under-21s thrashed title holders Mancashter City 5-0 away in the opening Premier League 2 fixture this afternoon. Yago Santiago scored twice, with Jude Soonsup-Bell, Damola Ajayi and Rio Kyerematen putting the City youngsters to the sword.
- UNDER-18s : – Our Under-18s opening fixture of the league season ended in a 0-4 defeat at Aston Villa.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tanguy Ndombele is said not to be interested in a move to Turkey with either Fenerbahce or Galatasaray.
- TEAM NEWS : – Spurs will be missing Fraser Forster, Rodrigo Bentancur, Ryan Sessegnon, Bryan Gil and Alfie Whiteman, but Micky van de Ven will be available after signing this week.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Harry Kane flew out to Munich this afternoon for his medical before signing for Bayern Munich, with the deal expected to be announced soon. The fee is reported to be 100+10 million Euros = £86.2 million now and £8.6 million in add-ons. Some sources the figure is in GBP and not Euros. There were rumours surrounding this transfer, with Spurs believed to have refused him permission to fly to have his medical – although this was untrue and the other was about Saudi club Al-Ahli said to be offering Tottenham twice what Bayern were offering and also planning to give Kane ten times the German club’s salary.
News of Kane’s imminent departure has sparked a raft of rumours about possible replacements. Understandably, Glasgow Celtic feature strongly, with Ange Postecoglou strongly linked with former players Reo Hatate, Kyogo Furahashi and . Other potential players arriving in Kane’s wake could be Woolwich Wanderers striker Folarin Balogun, Dusan Vlahovic of Juventus, Gent’s Gift Orban, Wales and Nottingham Forest forward Brennan Johnson, Jonathan David of OSC Lille, 20 year old Montpelier forward Elye Wahi, Medhi Teremi – the FC Porto striker, Chelsea’s Belgian forward Romelu Lukaku and Fulham’s Aleksander Mitrovic.
Hugo Lloris is said to be in talks with SS Lazio about a move to the Rome club.
- LOAN OUT : – Tottenham have agreed for Joe Rodon to go on loan to Leeds United for the 2023-2024 season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – It has been confirmed that Tottenham have agreed a deal with Bayern Munich worth over £84.6 million for Harry Kane with the player now having to decide whether he wishes to stay at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium or leave for Germany. Meanwhile, a German source reckons that Mancashter United, Chelsea and Paris Saint Germain might make late moves to hijack the transfer.
One player rumoured to be a replacement for Harry, should he leave, is Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku, who Spurs feel they could sign as his club are looking to move the Belgian international on.
The Spanish media claim that Tottenham have offered Hugo Lloris to Real Madrid.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham have been drawn away against Fulham in the Second Round of the League Cup, with the match to take place on the week commencing 28th August.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Leeds United are set to give Joe Rodon a medical before he joins them on a season-long loan. The Championship side are laughably reported to want to sign Oliver Skipp.
Rumour in Italy has it that Internazionale are considering a move for Japhet Tanganga.
Spurs are linked in the media with an interest in Crystal Palace midfielder Eberechi Eze.
The latest striker to be linked with a possible move to Spurs is Fulham’s Serbian Aleksander Mitrovic. Alternatively, other articles reckon Spurs have opened talks for Jonathan David, the Canadian Lille forward.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs keeper David Button has left West Bromwich Albion to join Reading on a free transfer.
- OTHER NEWS : – Wolverhampton Wanderers have appointed Gary O’Neil as their new manager …
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 2-4 to Barcelona in the Olympic Stadium in Montjuic, Barcelona tonight playing for the Joan Gamper Trophy. MATCH REPORT.
- SIGNINGS : – The Club shop is expecting a new delivery of the letter V for the replica shirts, because Dutch central defender Micky can de Ven has signed for Spurs from VfB Wolfsburg for a rumoured fee of £43.1 million. The 22 year old has joined on a deal that runs until 2029. Micky will wear the number 37 shirt this season.
Alejo Veliz, the 19 year old Argentinean striker, has signed for Spurs on a six year deal from Rosario Central for a fee reported to be £12 million and is set to join the squad, with previous rumours of a loan back to the club he signed from not having any basis. Alejo will have the number 36 shirt this season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Today’s Nottingham Forest swap-shop sees the Daily Express claiming Spurs could offer Joe Rodon and Djed Spence to bring striker Brennan Johnson to N17.
Leeds United are linked to a move for Joe Rodon in the next few days.
Spurs are again being linked with a move for Aston Villa’s Brazilian midfielder Douglas Luiz.
The Harry Kane rumours range between Bayern Munich will look to make a fourth bid for the Spurs captain, said to be worth £94 million (do they never learn ?), while some pundits believe that Kane is more likely to stay now having given Bayern a deadline of the first game of the season to complete a deal. Word has it that Harry likes Ange Postecoglou and that he may be “leaning” towards staying for the coming season.
- OTHER NEWS : – Wolverhampton Wanderers have lost their manager Julen Lopetegui, who has wanted to leave over a disagreement in the way things were going at the club …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported to have rejected Bayern Munich’s last and record bid of 100 million Euros for Harry Kane.
Rumours today claim that Spurs want to sell Djed Spence a year after signing him. Another rumour reckons the full back or Bryan Gil could be used in an exchange for Nottingham Forest’s striker Brennan Johnson.
Other reports claim that Tanguy Ndombele is also being put up for transfer.
Spurs are being linked with a move for Leeds United’s American midfielder Tyler Adams.
- TEAM NEWS : – Tottenham beat Shakhtar Donetsk 5-1 in a friendly at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium today. MATCH REPORT.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Shakhtar Donetsk have taken the opportunity of raising the issue of a transfer fee for Manor Solomon, who had joined Tottenham for free in line with FIFA’s ruling that players from outside the Ukraine could freeze their contracts during the Russian invasion, with Solomon’s deal expiring in July. Shakhtar are seeking 6.5 million Euros for the winger’s signing.
- SIGNING : – England Under-19 and Blackburn Rovers central defender Ashley Phillips. 19, has signed for Spurs on a five year deal for a fee reported to be £2 million plus add-ons.
- TEAM NEWS : – When Spurs face Shakhtar Donetsk tomorrow in their friendly at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, they will be without Alfie Whiteman, Rodrigo Bentancur, Ryan Sessegnon, Bryan Gil and Fraser Forster, but a couple of players are suffering with niggles, which will be assessed before the match. .
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – FC Porto’s 31 year old Iranian striker Medhi Teremi is reported to be the subject of a £20 million offer from Tottenham, with the Portuguese club wanting £25 million.
Media sources are torn between Torino’s Dutch central defender Perr Schuurs and Galatasaray’s Danish central defender Victor Nelsson as to who Spurs are pursuing. Some stories reckon that Spurs might use Davinson Sanchez in the deal to bring Nelsson to the THS, but other articles claim Fulham are interested in the Colombian.
Bayern Munich are said to be desperate in their attempts to sign Harry Kane, buying him a villa to move into as part of the deal and guaranteeing him the shirt number of his choice and his pick of the places in the dressing room.
Tottenham are rumoured in the Daily Star to be ready to beat West Ham United London to the signing of SCBC’s James-Ward Prowse.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Weird rumour of the day is from Turkey, where it is claimed that Fenerbahce are looking to take Yves Bissouma on loan with an option to buy on the day that news broke that he will wear the number 8 shirt for Spurs this season ! The report even reckons that the two clubs are in talks about the move.
Reporting today states that Bayern Munich have submitted a final £86 million offer for Harry Kane, with a decision from Tottenham required by midnight, but Paris Saint Germain are considering an offer too.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Tottenham striker Roberto Soldado has retired from playing after being released by Levante at the end of last season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – News comes today of Tottenham are rumoured to have agreed terms with Argentina’s Under-20 striker Alejo Valiz. His transfer fee is said to be £13 million and talks with his club Rosario Central are ongoing to complete his transfer. With the Argentine league in mid-season, it is reported that Spurs may allow the 19 year old to stay with his club until the end of their season.
Spurs are to make a further bid to sign Edmond Tapsoba from Bayer Leverkusen, but the Bundesliga club look set to resist selling their central defender.
Reports today reckon that Joe Rodon has been told that he cane leave Tottenham.
Saudi club Al-Ahli are claimed to be ready to sign Tottenham transfer target and Barcelona midfielder Franck Kessie.
Saudi club Al-Nassr are claimed to be ready to sign Tottenham transfer target and Barcelona defender Clement Lenglet. However, other reports say that he wants to stay in Europe, with AC Milan a possible destination.
Galatasaray are said to be interested in signing both Davinson Sanchez and Tanguy Ndombele, although nothing has been agreed in talks between the two clubs. Sanchez is reported as being the target of enquiries by Fulham and Wolverhampton Wanderers too.
Tottenham are claimed to be still considering a move for Atletico Madrid’s 29 year old Belgian winger Yannick Carrasco.
Apparently, Spurs are looking to make a move for Torino central defender Perr Schuurs ahead of Crystal Palace’s interest in the 6′ 3″ left-footer.
- INJURY NEWS : – Reserve goalkeeper Alfie Whiteman has undergone surgery on the ankle injury he picked up in training on tour in Singapore.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Development squad defender Marcel Lavinier has joined Forest Green Rovers from Swindon Town.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are rumoured to make a bid for Fulham central defender Tosin Adarabioyo with AS Monaco said to have agreed terms with the 25 year old for Mancashter City man.
Reports today reckon Spurs could be willing to sell Tanguy Ndombele, contrary to rumours earlier this summer about him staying, with Galatasaray bidding £11 million for the French midfielder.
Saudi Moneybags club Al-Hilal are said to be considering a £200 million offer for Harry Kane.
Spurs are close to sealing a deal for Wolfsburg central defender Micky van de Ven.
Blackburn Rovers central defender Ashley Phillips has a £2 million release clause that kicks in on Friday, with Tottenham said to be ready to exploit this and complete his signing, with his medical already done and terms agreed with the player.
- INJURY NEWS : – Bryan Gil has undergone surgery on a groin injury and is expected to be out of action for two months.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs winger Lucas Moura, who left at the end of his contract in July is reported to be re-joining his old team in Brazil – Sao Paulo – until the end of their season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Today’s rumour about the replacement for Harry Kane appears to be a loan move for Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku, who wants £400,000 a week, although Spurs are reported to only offer £300,000 a week. However, it is reported that if Harry Kane‘s future is not sorted out by the start of the season, he will stay with Spurs. However, German scandal rag Bild reckon that the Tottenham striker will buy himself out of his contract to force the move to Bayern Munich. And the Daily Mail claim that Kane could sign a new deal with Tottenham if the team show signs of improvement in the early part of the season under Ange Postecoglou.
One article claims that Spurs have made contact with the representatives of Fluminese midfielder Andre Trindade, with £22 million being asked for the 22 year old.
- COACHING RUMOUR : – It is reported today that Academy Coach Chris Powell has decided to leave Tottenham.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs youth midfield player Santino Ohanaka has signed for Exeter City on a scholarship deal.
Former Tottenham Fitness and Re-conditioning coach Anton McElhone has left Glasgow Celtic as their Head of Sports Science.
Previous White Hot Lines.