This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
MEHSTG’s occasional spin stories have no basis in truth, but could have been true in another universe.
|Wednesday 30th September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- EUROPA LEAGUE : – TEAM NEWS – Heung-Min Son (hamstring) and Gareth Bale (knee) are out of tomorrow’s match at home to Maccabi Haifa, with Eric Dier and Erik Lamela expected to be rested.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reported to be in talks to sign Benfica striker Carlos Vinicius, some sources say it will be on loan.
Villarreal are supposedly in ‘advanced talks’ with Tottenham about a season long loan for Juan Foyth.
Spurs are believed to have had an approach for Bayer Leverkusen striker Lucas Alario rejected.
Some reports claim Tottenham are stepping up their move for SSC Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik, although other say they are not.
Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger is a player Spurs want to bring in on loan, with Kim Min-Jae of Beijing Guaon a back up if the move for the German international fails to materialise.
Ryan Sessegnon has been the subject of an approach by Glasgow Celtic to go to Scotland on loan for the season, but the move is said to be problematical.
- INTERNAITONALS : – Gareth Bale has been omitted form the Wales squad for the upcoming international break, but Ben Davies is included, while Matt Doherty is in the Republic of Ireland squad for their games.
|Tuesday 29th September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Chelsea in the Fourth Round of the League Cup at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium tonight. The game finished 1-1 after 90 minutes and Spurs went on to win a penalty shoot-out 5-4. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Paris Saint Germain are alleged to be in talks with Tottenham about taking Dele Alli on loan.
Spurs and Arsenal are interested in 23 year old AS Roma midfielder Amarou Diawara.
Coming out of Italy, a story that both Spurs and Everton have had £25 million offers for 22 year old Juventus central defender Merih Demiral.
Lille right back Zeki Celik has told the Turkish manager that Spurs and Sevilla are still keen on securing his services.
Benfica striker Carlos Vinicius is a target for Crystal Palace, Leicester City and Tottenham, but the Portuguese club want 50 million Euros for the 25 year old.
SUSPENSION : – Goalkeeping coach Nuno Santos has been fined £8,000 and banned from the touchline for one match by the Premier League for his abusive language towards the match official on Sunday.
- INJURIES : – Heung-Min Son will be available for Spurs after the international break Jose Mourinho told the media today. He didn’t say how long after the break though !
|Monday 28th September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- LEAGUE CUP : – Jose Mourinho told the press today that Spurs will not be able to challenge for the League Cup because of the manic fixture schedule they have been facing and the prioritisation of the Europa League over the domestic competition.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The big transfer flavour of the day is AFC Bournemouth striker Josh King, who Spurs are hotly tipped to bring in before the next week’s transfer deadline.
Outgoing to Leeds United might be Danny Rose, with the club he left looking at strengthening their left back position.
The newly promoted Whites are also keen to take Ryan Sessegnon on loan, but Brighton & Hove Albion are also interested.
The rumour of the day however, reckons Jose Mourinho has given the green light to bring in Christian Benteke from Crystal Palace for £9.45 million.
AS Roma have knocked back a move for their 21 year old Brazilian central defender Roger Ibanez by Spurs.
Tottenham are either pushing ahead with a move for Internazionale defender Milan Skriniar, cooling their interest or trying to secure a season-long loan with an option to buy for 40 million Euros next summer. Delete as appropriate.
Both Valencia and Fulham are keen to sign Argentine defender Juan Foyth from Spurs.
Chelsea’s unwanted defender Antonio Rudiger is apparently a transfer target for Tottenham.
Spurs have been offered Atletico Madrid front man Diego Costa.
Benfica striker Haris Seferovic is being considered as a potential target after moves to sign SSC Napoli forward Arkadiusz Milik have broken down.
|Sunday 27th September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham drew 1-1 with Newcastle United at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium this afternoon. Match report.
|Saturday 26th September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Some articles claim that Spurs will make an official bid to Internazionale for Milan Skriniar on Monday, with personal terms supposedly agreed with the player.
The club are also reported to have held “concrete talks” with SSC Napoli striker Arkadiuz Milik, who wants wages of £165,000 a week to move to N17.
Under-23 ex-Arsenal player Tobi Omole is on trial with Tottenham, having appeared on the substitutes’ bench in today’s match against his former side and another trialist Marcel Lavinier , a former Chelsea Under-23 defender, who played the whole game.
- UNDER-23s : – A single Rodel Richards goal gave Spurs Under-23s a 1-0 away win over Arsenal in the Premier League 2 this afternoon.
- UNDER-18s : – Tottenham Under-18s drew 1-1 away at Brighton & Hove Albion this afternoon, with Nile John putting away a penalty to get a share of the points.
|Friday 25th September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham have been awarded a bye in the League Cup as Leyton Orient were unable to fulfil the Third Round fixture. A home Fourth Round tie against Chelsea will be played on Tuesday 29th September against Chelsea. Kick off will be at 19.45 and the game will be shown live on Sky Sports.
- UNDER-23s : – Defender Maxwell Statham has left Spurs to sign a permanent deal with Watford.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The big rumour is still the talks on-going for Milan Skriniar with Internazionale, with some reports hinting that Juan Foyth or Mousa Sissoko could be included in a swap deal for the Slovakian defender.
The other story involving Spurs is that one of the central defensive targets – Ruben Dias of Benfica – is in advanced talks with Manchester City in a move to the Ethihad.
|Thursday 24th September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat FK Shkendaji of Northern Macedonia 3-1 in Skopje tonight in the Third Qualifying Round of the Europa League. Match report.
This means Spurs will face Maccabi Haifa in the Play-off for the group stages of the competition, with the match to take place on Thursday 1st October with a 20.00 kick off at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – AS Monaco are said to be interested in taking Dele Alli on loan, with former Spurs Head of Recruitment Paul Mitchell now working for the Ligue Un club. AC Milan have re-ignited their interest in Serge Aurier, while Tottenham talks with Internazionale are on-going in an attempt to find common ground on a fee for Milan Skriniar. Tottenham’s striker search is taking in Haris Seferovic of Benfica, with a permanent deal being examined, although Tottenham will only offer 15 million Euros for the Swiss forward.
|Wednesday 23rd September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- TEAM NEWS : – Japhet Tanganga has returned to training, but his thigh injury rules him out from the trip to North Macedonia for the Europa League qualifying match against KF Shkendija. Sergio Reguilon is not on the club’s squad list for the competition as yet and will not travel, with Gareth Bale still suffering with a knee injury and staying at home too.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Rumours are that Tottenham will receive a bye through to the Fourth Round of the League Cup, according to the London Evening Standard, with Leyton Orient accepting they will not be able to argue a contrary case. Chelsea await the outcome of the EFL’s decision on the postponed fixture.
- FIXTURE CHANGE : – Tottenham’s game a Old Trafford that was scheduled for Saturday 3rd October will now take place on Sunday 4th October with a 16.40 kick-off for live coverage on Sky Sports.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham Technical Director Steve Hitchen is believed to be in Milan negotiating a move for Internazionale’s Slovakian international defender Milan Skriniar. It is reported that Tottenham have made an opening bid of £32 million, whereas Inter are said to want 60 million Euros for the 25 year old. Other reports claim Tottenham are offering 55 million Euros with add-on clauses.
Also in Italy, Spurs are said to be talking with SSC Napoli for a deal to secure the signing of Polish striker Arkadiusz Milik.
A move to Spartak Moscow has been rejected by Serge Aurier after a £15 million move for the Ivory coast right back was worked out by Daniel Levy.
19 year old Tomas Taveres of Benfica has been told to train with the reserves as he is not going to feature in the first team plans of manager Jorge Jesus. He is expected to leave this week on loan with a view to a £30 million move afterwards, with Tottenham having been linked to the youngster.
|Tuesday 22nd September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham’s League Cup tie against Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road tonight has been postponed because of the positive tests for Covid-19 on the majority of their squad (according to reports). No decision on what happens next has been made and the O’s chairman expects the match to be played while other reports indicate that Tottenham may be given a walkover with a fixture pile-up looming if the tie has to be staged at a later date.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Dele Alli‘s omission from the Spurs squad has set the transfer tongues a wagging and PSG are interested in signing him, but the Financial Fair Play rules might prevent them (much like they stopped Manchester City last season), so a loan deal might be on the cards. He also interests Internazionale, but Daniel Levy will not allow him to leave without any club who want to sign him having to pay a substantial fee for the midfielder.
Jose Mourinho is very keen to re-unite with Jesse Lingard after their spell at Gold Trafford together, but it may be that Mourinho has ruled out a move for Lingard … depends which website you read.
There has been a resurgence in the links with Internazionale defender Milan Skriniar, who the Serie A side want 60 million Euros for. Talks are allegedly underway, with Spurs looking to barter the fee downwards.
With Arkadiusz Milik‘s move from SSC Napoli to AS Roma breaking down, Tottenham are looking to resurrect a deal for the Polish striker, with a price of £
Haris Seferovic of Benfica could be a loan signing for Spurs, as the striker search continues.
The agent of Gareth Bale has said that if all goes well in his one year at Tottenham, he could see it as a simple deal to extend his stay so that he doesn’t have to go back to Real Madrid.
Danny Rose‘s proposed move to Genoa seems to have broken down, with the Italian club struggling to make the wage demands from the left back. This has meant the England international is being offered to clubs across Spain and France in an attempt to move him off the books at Tottenham.
The German press claim that Spurs have made an approach to Mainz for their 23 year old forward Jean-Philippe Mateta to ask how much they might want to sell him.
Real Sociedad striker Willian Jose appears to be in a tug-of-war between Spurs and Barcelona, with the Brazilian’s fee dropping to £27.5 million, although his release clause if for £64.16 million.
- COVID-19 : – with rising rates of infections across England, the Government have introduced new restrictions on various aspects of life, with the return of fans to football grounds “paused” and that could be for up to six months, with other measures announced today potentially being in place for the period of time.
|Monday 21st September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- COVID-19 : – Leyton Orient have had a number of positive tests for Covid-19 returned on their first team players ahead of the League Cup tie with Tottenham tomorrow. Should the EFL call the match off, with Tottenham’s fixture schedule making it difficult to re-arrange the tie, Spurs would be awarded the walkover and progress to the Fourth Round, but both clubs are awaiting a statement from the governing body.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Wolfsburg striker Wout Weghorst could be a Spurs player by the end of the week according to the media in Holland.
Benfica may be looking to sell Carlos Vinicius, with Spurs said to be keen on the 40 million Euros rated forward. However, Spurs are again linked with Benfica defenders Ruben Dias and Tomas Tavares.
Alexander Sorloth is a target for Spurs and Manchester United as the 24 year old forward looks set to leave Trabzonspor.
Danny Rose is interesting West Ham United London.
Serge Aurier could be on his way to Russia with Spartak Moscow making claims that they are confident of securing his signature.
The rumoured £30 million target for Spurs, Jesse Lingard, has been the subject of talks with Manchester United according to ESPN.
- SIGNING : – 17 year old central defender Maxsim Paskotsi has signed a three year deal to join Tottenham from Estonian club Flora Tannin.
|Sunday 20th September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat South Coast Big Club at the St. Mary’s Stadium 5-2 this afternoon. Match report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Dele Alli is supposedly the subject of an enquiry from Paris Saint Germain after he has been omitted from the team for two games running. Jose Mourinho says he expects Dele to stay and fight for his place in the team.
Spartak Moscow believe they are the club who will sign Serge Aurier during this transfer window
Tottenham have allegedly been tracking the Benfica striker Haris Serefovic, who has 65 Switzerland caps and have had a bid of £13.6 million turned down for the forward.
|Saturday 19th September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- SIGNINGS : – Tottenham have signed Real Madrid left back Sergio Reguilon on a five year deal for a reported £25 million. Reguilon will wear the number 3 shirt.
Spurs have also made a loan signing from Real Madrid, with midfielder/forward Gareth Bale arriving for the remainder of the season, with an option for one more season, costing Spurs a reported £15 million in wages and fees according to Sky Sports. Bale will be allocated the number nine shirt.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Following today’s transfers, the Daily Star speculate that Tottenham want to sign Manchester United forward Jesse Lingard for £30 million to resurrect his career.
- UNDER-18s : – The Spurs Under-18 team beat Arsenal 2-0 this morning at Hotspur Way. A Dale Scarlett penalty and a goal form Yago Santiago handed Tottenham w in over the South London side.
|Friday 18th September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- EUROPA LEAGUE : – The draw for the play-off round to qualify for the group stages of the Europa League has been made and the winner of our Third Round qualifying Round tie with KF Shkëndija will be at home to FC Rostov of Russia or Israeli side Maccabi Haifa.
The tie with KF Shkëndija will take place in the national stadium in Skopje on Thursday 24th September, kicking off at 19.00 (UK time)
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Internazionale and Paris St. Germain are interested in signing Dele Alli, with the London Evening Standard claiming the club are willing to listen to any “serious offers”.
PSG, however, have decided against signing Danny Rose, although apparently West Ham United London and Aston Villa re interested. No mention of the move he is supposed to be making to Genoa was mentioned.
Fulham are allegedly interested in signing Juan Foyth on a permanent basis, but Leeds United are also keen on the £15 million rated Argentine international.
The Times report that Spurs are willing to shell out £40 million on Torino striker Andrea Belotti … but not until next summer.
Benfica central defender Ruben Dias is a player Jose Mourinho is keen to bring to Tottenham, with the 23 year old maybe having to be sold with Benfica missing out on Champions League football, the London Evening Standard report.
The latest on the Gareth Bale transfer is that Real Madrid may extend the loan for another season until the end of his contract with them, so that he doesn’t return to the Bernabeu. The deal for the one season loan will cost Spurs a reported £20 million in wages and fees, with Bale not being available for about a moth, as he is suffering with a knee injury.
And the London Evening Standard (having a hot day for Spurs stories) reckon that the buy back clause for Real Madrid to purchase Sergio Reguilon for £35 million will only last for two years.
Jack Clarke is a season long loan target for Birmingham City.
AFC Bournemouth are reported to be closing in on a deal to buy Cameron Carter-Vickers.
- TRANSFERS : – Under-23 squad striker Shilow Tracey has gone out on loan to Shrewsbury Town for the 2020-21 season.
- UNDER-23s : – Tottenham’s Under-23s beat their counterparts at West Ham United London 3-0 at Hotspur Way this afternoon. The Spurs goals came from George Marsh, Harvey White (penalty) and Rodel Richards.
- THOUGHTS : – Kudos to the BBC headline writers who hit gold with “Leicester in talks with Roma over Under”. The player interesting the Foxes being Cengiz Under, the Turkish winger.
|Thursday 17th September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Lokomtiv Plovdiv 2-1 in the Second Qualifying Round of the Europa League in Bulgaria tonight. Match report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS: – The Independent claim that the one year loan arrangement for Gareth Bale will cost the club£20 million and that sum includes Real Madrid paying half of his £250,000 a week wages. Sergio Reguilon will fly in with Bale on Friday after completing their medicals in Madrid.
Apparently, Tottenham have had an offer for SCBC’s striker Danny Ings rejected and have been told that he is not for sale.
- TRANSFER : – Jack Roles has joined Burton Albion on loan for the rest of the season.
- LEAGUE CUP : – The Fourth Round draw for the League Cup has drawn Leyton Orient or Tottenham at home to Chelsea or Barnsley with the game to be played the week starting 28th September.
|Wednesday 16th September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Gareth Bale and Sergio Reguilon are the big stories, as they near a move to Tottenham. Both are reported to have passed their medicals, but no confirmation has been made by the club as yet. The Bale deal is believed to be a one year loan. Jose Mourinho would not be drawn on the Bale transfer and I won’t be sure it will happen until I see him in the shirt. The Daily Express claim that Tottenham agreed to two clauses in Reguilon’s contract that Manchester United wouldn’t. They were to allow Real Madrid to buy him back for £37 million (i.e. £10 million above the sale price) and that they would be allowed to match any offer for the player, even if it was below that sum. It is thought in some sources that Reguilon’s arrival would see Ryan Sessegnon go out on loan, which would be in contradiction to Mourinho’s comments in the close season that the former Fulham man has an important part to play this season for the club.
Danny Rose is hoping to complete a £5 million move to Genoa.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham’s Third Round tie at Leyton Orient will take place on Tuesday 22nd September with an 18.00 kick off to be screened live by Sky Sports.
- TEAM NEWS : – Toby Alderweireld and Dele Alli have been left behind as the squad headed out to Bulgaria to play Lokomtov Plovdiv in the Europa League. The only injury absentee was Japhet Tanganga who had a thigh problem.
|Tuesday 15th September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The big one today is that talks are being held between Tottenham and Gareth Bale‘s agents about a move back to N17. The move might only be a loan, but that depends on what Real Madrid are willing to agree to. His agent Jonathan Barnett has hinted that the Welsh international winger still holds Spurs dear and it is where he wants to be, but nothing is agreed as yet and any deal might have a way to go if it is to be completed. While Tottenham are about it, they are also believed to be in talks to sign the Real Madrid left back Sergio Reguilon and the Daily Mail reports that Dele Alli could be moving in the other direction.
Eintracht Frankfurt want £5 million for Bas Dost, but Spurs would prefer a loan for the Dutch striker.
Crystal Palace seem to be putting their recycling out early, with Christian Benteke being offered to Tottenham. Not sure that he would fit into Jose Mourinho‘s style of play, even though he is a big battering ram, but he hasn’t been knocking down any walls for a couple of years and the last thing we want would be to sign a striker who doesn’t score goals, as we’ve done that often enough in the past.
Spurs are said to have made an improved offer for Torino striker Andrea Belotti, as they seek to tie up a deal before the end of the transfer window. It’s either that or 6’6″ Wolfsburg’s Dutch striker Wout Weghorst, although the Guardian run a story that says Spurs have an agreement “in principle” (like there are principles in football) to buy Willian Jose from Real Sociedad in the summer next year..
AFC Bournemouth are thought to have had a seven figure offer accepted for USA international defender Cameron Carter-Vickers, but the deal has not yet been confirmed.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Spurs will play away at Leyton Orient next week in the Third Round of the League Cup after the East London side fought back from 0-2 down to win 3-2. A date for the match in a week that could also include a Europa League match is yet to be announced.
- EUROPA LEAGUE : – Great news for all fans of the Bulgarian First Professional Football League, as you will be able to watch Lokomotiv Plovdiv take on Spurs in the Europa League Second round Qualifying match on Thursday on Premier Sports 2 for the special offer price of £9.99 for the first two months of your subscription to the channel.
|Monday 14th September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- Plenty of fall-out from yesterday’s game when Jose Mourinho called the team lazy and having the wrong attitude, making him feel he didn’t like this team. In addition, the lack of a pre-season for some players -Kane quarantined, some positive tests for Covid-19 among players (make your own guesses who) and lack of team preparation were revealed as reasons why things didn’t go so well. One game in and the pundits are already stabbing the knives in the back, but there is always another game and this comes on Thursday in Bulgaria. It will be interesting to see who Jose takes with him to play the Europa League qualifier, with his criticism of the players ringing in their ears.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The Daily Mail offer us relief, as they claim that a move for Alexander Sorloth of Crystal Palace is unlikely, but go on to say that Spurs are willing to allow Alfie Whiteman leave on loan to get some match experience. Eintracht Frankfurt striker Bas Dost is said to be a £5.5 million target for Tottenham, as the search for a striker signing becomes ever more desperate. There’s a claim that Spurs have been in talks with Sporting Braga’s Paulinho for a couple of weeks, but are not happy about shelling out £27.6 million for the 27 year old forward. Toulouse midfielder Ibrahim Sangare is currently out suffering from sickness, but is thought not to want to play again in this transfer window lest it jeopardise any move away from the Ligue 1 club. The 22 year old Ivory Coast international could be available for as little as £8 million, with Tottenham reportedly interested. The news from the Transfer Generator at Sky Sports reckons Spurs are keen to bring Bayer Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey to Tottenham, but only if the fee of £40 million for the 23 year old Jamaican international is lowered a bit. The club also harbour an interest in bringing Gareth Bale back with the Welsh winger’s price tag being slashed day by day. It’s now down to £25 million, with Manchester United said to be in for him too.
|Sunday 13th September 2020||On this day in Spurs history|
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham played at home to Everton in the opening match of the 2020-21 season this afternoon and lost 0-1. Match report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The Sun link Spurs with a move for AFC Bournemouth striker Joshua King, after the club decided to allow him to leave and the paper describes him as a “massive player”. Hope that means on the field ! The Sun also have Tottenham lined up to sign Metz forward Habib Diallo, who they report would be available for just £13 million and Spurs are already in talks with the Ligue 1 club to buy. Over at the Mail on Sunday, they say Burnley are ready to make a bid for £14 million rated Mainz striker – Swede Robin Quaison, who Spurs have on their wish list of forwards too. AFC Bournemouth want £50 million from clubs who want to sign Welsh winger David Brooks, including Manchester United (who seem to be collecting Welsh wingers, if they want Gareth Bale as well as already having Daniel James), Leicester City and Spurs. One online report claims Tottenham want to take Real Madrid 20-year old striker Vinicius Junior on loan with the prospect of a permanent deal. Following yesterday’s rumour about an interest in Benfica forward Carlos Vinicius, it could be quite a confusing time for all if both players end up at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Horrifyingly, Spurs are being linked with Alexander Sorloth, the tall striker who was a resounding flop at Crystal Palace, but has been a goal-scoring revelation in Turkey, where he is on loan at Trabzonspor. They want to sign him, as do RB Leipzig, with Spurs linked but Jose Mourinho denied the rumour at the post-match presser. Another link pairs Danny Ings with a move to Spurs. He scored a lot of goals for SCBC last season and is a decent player, but does he fit the template for a Daniel Levy buy … or are we really desperate for anyone to come in ? The stronger news is that the club will firm up their move for Real Sociedad forward Willian Jose.
Southend United are reported to be keen to take Under-23 striker Shilow Tracey on loan.
Saturday 12.09.20 For other Spurs history on this day click here For the current news on each player in the squad, click here
RUMOURS : – Tottenham are being linked with a move for Paulinho (no, not that one), as they look to bring a striker in, with the Braga 27 year old known to Jose Mourinho, while the Troy Deeney stories are circulating again, although he is reported to have been in advanced talks with West Bromwich Albion. The Portuguese media reckon Spurs might make a move for Benfica striker Carlos Vinicius, with two other Premier League teams involved, one of whom has made a GBP41 million offer for the 25 year old or maybe they will be back in for Real Sociedad’s Brazilian forward Willian Jose, who the Spanish press are talking up. Hellas Verona defender Marash Kumbala is again in Tottenham’s sights with 28 million Euros being asked for the 20 year old by his club.
UNDER-23s : – Tottenham’s Under-23s drew 1-1 with Brighton & Hove Albion Under-23s at Hotspur Way this morning in their opening Premier League 2 fixture. The Spurs goal was scored by Kazaiah Sterling and the team featured Keenan Ferguson, a 20 year old defender who appears to have signed a deal for this season with Tottenham after he was released by Sheffield United at the end of last season.
UNDER-18s : – Our Under-18 team beat West Ham United London 4-1 at Little Heath to wrap up a miserable day for the Irons (their first team lost 0-2 at home to Newcastle United and their women’s team lost 1-6 to Arsenal). The Tottenham goals came from Kallum Cesay, Tarrelle Whittaker and two from Dale Scarlett (one a penalty).
OTHER NEWS … … …
Friday 11.09.20 For other Spurs history on this day click here For the current news on each player in the squad, click here
FIRST TEAM : – TEAM NEWS : – Japhet Tanganga misses out on the game against Everton on Sunday with a thigh injury, while Giovani Lo Celso will be assessed closer to kick off to see if he can play after suffering a hamstring injury.
RUMOURS : – Reports hint that Spurs are unlikely to sign either Patson Daka of Red Bull Salzburg or Napoli’s Polish international Arkadiusz Milik, just after Jose Mourinho told a press conference today that he needs and expects the club to sign a forward in this transfer window, but then other sources reckon a bid for MIlik will be forthcoming as his club have slashed his asking price to anywhere between GBP32 million and GBP13.9 million. Preliminary talks are said o already have been held with Napoli. Tottenham may have offered Torino striker Andrea Belotti a loan move with the option of a 50 million Euros transfer at the end of the season, but the Serie A club only want a straight sale. The strongest rumour on paper (or screen) today links Tottenham with a move for Real Madrid left-back Sergio Reguilon, with Manchester United having decided that they are already well catered for in that position, so will leave the way clear, for the player who won the Europa League with Sevilla while on loan last season, to some to N17. The club are reported in Italy to have made a GBP45 million enquiry of Internazionale for their midfielder Marcelo Brozovic.
EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs midfielder Christian Eriksen has been offered to Chelsea as part of a deal to sign their French midfielder N’Golo Kante.
OTHER NEWS … … …
MEHSTG’s spin story … Jack Wilshere has suffered another setback in his much injury-hit career, as West Ham United London are seriously thinking of breaking their links with him and it is rumoured that they are seriously thinking of severing his time at the club as the midfielder is cut from their wage bill, being paid for laying about on the beds in the physios room.
Thursday 10.09.20 For other Spurs history on this day click here For the current news on each player in the squad, click here
RUMOURS : – Danny Rose is reportedly close to sealing a move to Serie A club Genoa. A loan deal for Troy Deeney of Watford has been discussed with the relegated club, who are willing to allow the 32 year old striker to leave. Brighton and Leeds United are both linked with an interest in buying Juan Foyth. Brandon Austin may be allowed to go out on loan to get some playing time, with League One and Championship clubs interested in the England Under-21 keeper.
FANS RETURN : – The Daily Mail claim that Tottenham’s request to have 8,000 fans in attendance at the opening Premier League home game of the season against Everton on Sunday was rejected by the Government following an increase in Covid-19 infections.
FIXTURE CHANGE : – Tottenham’s match against Newcastle United due to be played at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium on Saturday 26th September has been moved to Sunday 27th September with a 14.00 kick off as it will be screened live on Sky Sports TV.
OTHER NEWS … … …
MEHSTG’s spin story … England manager Gareth Southgate will hold Hart-to-Hart talks with Manchester City midfielder Phil Foden and Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood after the pair were caught viewing the 1980s American detective shows while on England duty … Arsenal centre-back David Luiz, 33, could miss the first month of the season because he is a pain in the neck. No sorry, that is because he is suffering neck pain. …
Wednesday 09.09.20 For other Spurs history on this day click here For the current news on each player in the squad, click here
RUMOURS : – The price tag for Gareth Bale may now be reduced to GBP22 million by Real Madrid, who will also fund half of his wages, as they seek to offload the former Spurs player, with Manchester United also interested in the Welsh captain. 21 year old Red Bull Salzburg’s Zambian striker Patson Daka is being linked with a move to Tottenham. Jose Mourinho has reportedly phoned Sergio Reguilon as he seeks to secure the 23 year old Real Madrid defender’s signing ahead of Manchester United. Tottenham are reported to be ready to make a GBP26 million move for SS Lazio striker Arkadiusz Milik. The Italian press claim that Spurs have made an inquiry about Internazionale and Croatia midfielder Marcelo Brozovic. Leicester city’s reported admission that they are ready to listen to offers for winger Demarai Gray has sparked rumours about Tottenham strengthening their interest in the 24 year old.
OTHER NEWS … … …
Tuesday 08.09.20 For other Spurs history on this day click here For the current news on each player in the squad, click here
INTERNATIONALS : – Harry Kane captained England in their 0-0 Nations League match in Copenhagen against Denmark, for whom Pierre-Emil Hojbjerg came on in the 73rd minute. Eric Dier also played the whole game. Toby Alderweireld made his100th Belgian appearance and captained his country in their 5-1 home win over Iceland in the Nations League. Captain Hugo Lloris was making his 116th France appearance as they beat Croatia 4-2 in Paris , with Moussa Sissoko playing the full 90 minutes of the Nations League game too. Ryan Sessegnon played 58 minutes and Oliver Skipp 80 minutes of England Under-21s 2-1 away win over Austria in their European Championship qualifying match.
RUMOURS : – AFC Bournemouth are interested in taking Cameron Carter-Vickers on loan for the coming season. Italian side Cagliari are interested in signing Danny Rose. Sergio Reguilon of Real Madrid is still being linked to Spurs and Manchester United, with a price tag of GBP26.9 million mentioned for the full back who was on loan at Sevilla last season.
TELEVISED GAMES : – All Premier League games during September will be screened live on TV shared between channels Sky Sports, BT Sport, Amazon Prime and BBC as fans are unable to return to stadia. With increased lockdown measures to be introduced by the government on Monday, it looks as thought his may continue for some time.
OTHER NEWS … … …
Monday 07.09.20 For other Spurs history on this day click here For the current news on each player in the squad, click here
INTERNATIONALS : – Steven Bergwijn came off the Dutch bench in the 57th minute in their 0-1 home loss to Italy in the Nations League tonight. .
RUMOURS : – Villarreal have targeted Juan Foyth as a player they would like to sign in this transfer window.
OTHER NEWS … … …
Sunday 06.09.20 For other Spurs history on this day click here For the current news on each player in the squad, click here
LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham have been drawn away to Leyton Orient or Plymouth Argyle in the Third Round of the League Cup, with the tie to be played in the week starting 14th September.
RUMOURS : – South Korean Kim Min-Jae of Beijing Guoan is still on Tottenham’s radar, but they are baulking at the GBP13.4 million price tag for the defender. Brentford’s striker Ollie Watkins may be an option for Spurs at GBP25 million, with Aston Villa also interested. Wolverhampton Wanderers could be new bidders for Serge Aurier, although it has been previously reported that the Ivory Coast right back turned them down when a swap deal for Matt Doherty was proposed. .
INTERNATIONALS : – Ben Davies played the 90 minutes of Wales’ 1-0 win over Bulgaria in the Nations League match in Cardiff this afternoon. Matt Doherty played the whole game as the Republic of Ireland lost 0-1 in Dublin to Finland in the Nations League.
OTHER NEWS … … …
Saturday 05.09.20 For other Spurs history on this day click here For the current news on each player in the squad, click here
FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost a pre-season friendly at Watford 1-2 today, with the only Spurs goal coming from Heung-Min Son from the penalty spot. Click here for a match report.
INTERNATIONALS : – Harry Kane captained England for 78 minutes of their 1-0 win in Iceland in the Nations League tonight. Eric Dier played the whole match for England. Toby Alderweireld played all of Belgium’s 2-0 away win over Denmark, for whom, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg played all the 90 minutes. France beat Sweden 1-0 away in the Nations League with Hugo Lloris captaining the French side for the whole game, while Moussa Sissoko was an unused substitute.
RUMOURS : – The Daily Mirror claim that Spurs could make a GBP13 million move for Watford midfielder Will Hughes. The articles hinting that Tottenham could move for 25 year old Metz striker Habib Diallo are hotting up, with the Senegalese international seemingly willing to join the club.
UNDER-18s : – The Under-18s lost 1-2 at Hotspur Way to Ipswich Town in a pre-season friendly with Roshaun Mathurin scoring the single Spurs goal..
UNDER-23s : – Tottenham’s Under-23s drew a pre-season friendly with Arsenal 2-2 at Hotspur Way this afternoon. Dermi Lusala and Dilan Markanday were the Spurs goalscorers.
EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs keeper David Button has signed for West Bromwich Albion from Brighton and Hove Albion.
OTHER NEWS … … …
Friday 04.09.20 For other Spurs history on this day click here For the current news on each player in the squad, click here
INTERNATIONALS : – Ryan Sessegnon came on as a 71st minute substitute and scored for England Under-21s in their 6-0 demolition of Kosovo U21 in an away European Championship qualifier, while Oliver Skipp played the whole match. Gedson Fernandes played 58 minutes of Portugal’s 4-0 away win against Cyprus in the same competition. Steven Bergwijn played 74 minutes and scored the only goal of the home Nations League match against Poland.
RUMOURS : – Juventus are keen to get Tanguy Ndombele and are supposedly offering Federico Bernardeschi, their 26 year old midfielder. as part of a deal to secure Tottenham’s record signing. Douglas Costa and Aaron Ramsey are other names mentioned in the story about a swap deal. Other reports claim that Ndombele will be kept and given opportunities to establish himself in the Spurs side in the coming season. Aston Villa have made an enquiry about signing Paulo Gazzaniga. It is rumoured that Real Madrid will allow Gareth Bale to leave on a free transfer and pay half his wages, which started rumours that Spurs will be trying to make a move for their former Welsh international. Wolverhampton Wanderers may be interested in signing Danny Rose.
EX-SPURS : – Midfielder Tom Carroll has signed a one year deal with QPR after being released by Swansea City.
OTHER NEWS … Long-serving West Ham United London captain “sad” Mark Noble has said that he is also “angry and gutted” that young winger Grady Diangara has managed to leave the club for West Bromwich Albion, while he is stuck there becoming “Mr. West Ham” and still waiting for an England cap … …
Thursday 03.09.20 For other Spurs history on this day click here For the current news on each player in the squad, click here
INTERNATIONALS : – Matt Doherty played all of the Republic of Ireland’s 1-1 away Nations League draw in BUlgaria, while there was a 1-0 away win in Finalnd for Wales, for whom Ben Davies completed the 90 minutes.
RUMOURS : – The previously reported interest that Tottenham have in Marash Kumbulla, the Albanian central defender, has been rekindled with the club looking to make an offer to Hellas Verona for the 26.6 million Euros rated 20 year old. Apparently, Spurs made an enquiry two weeks ago about bringing Christian Eriksen back to N17, although we think it is unlikely that he would want to return (especially after watching “All Or Nothing”). Tottenham have been reported as having turned down the chance to sign Croatian international Ivan Perisic from Internazionale for GBP13 million. .
RETURN OF FANS : – At the Premier League shareholders meeting, the Guardian reports that Daniel Levy proposed a test event at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium accommodating 31,000 fans.
EUROPA LEAGUE : – Lokomotiv Plovdiv have refused a request by Spurs to move the Europa League Second Qualifying round tie to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on 17th September.
OTHER NEWS … … …
Wednesday 02.09.20 For other Spurs history on this day click here For the current news on each player in the squad, click here
RUMOURS : – The fee for rumoured Spurs transfer target Ibrahim Sangare of Toulouse is set to be cut to 8-10 million Euros for the 22 year old midfielder.
EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs midfielder and youth coach Scott Parker has signed a three year deal to continue as Fulham manager. Former midfielder Tom Carroll is on trial at QPR.
OTHER NEWS … … …
Tuesday 01.09.20 For other Spurs history on this day click here For the current news on each player in the squad, click here
EUROPA LEAGUE : – Should Tottenham advance from the Second qualifying round against Lokomotiv Plovdiv, they have been drawn away to either Botosani of Romania or Shkendija of Macedonia. The match will be a one-off tie played on 24th September.
BOARD : – Trevor Birch has arrived from Swansea City and is appointed as the Director of Football Operations Rebecca Capelhorn will take up the role of Director of Football Administration and Governance (football governance processes, contractual matters and best practice), while Steve Hitchen has been promoted to Technical Performance Director (scouting, performance, recruitment analysis and youth recruitment).
RUMOURS : – Stories today include the possibility of Tottenham wanting to sell Tanguy Ndombele and Juan Foyth. Brentford striker Ollie Watkins may be a target for Spurs in this transfer window, with an odd one cropping up in the shape of Burnley’s Chris Wood too ! .
UNDER-23s : – Colchester United were beaten 3-1 by Tottenham’s Under-23s at Hotspur Way in a friendly this afternoon. Goals from Kazaiah Sterling, Jack Roles and Nile John secured the win.
OTHER NEWS … … …