This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
MEHSTG’s occasional spin stories have no basis in truth, but could have been true in another universe.
Previous White Hot Lines
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat NS Mura 5-1 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium tonight. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reported to be willing to let Harry Winks leave the club in the January transfer window.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Harry Kane has been picked by England for the squad to face World Cup qualifiers against Andorra and Hungary the week after next.
- UNDER-17s : – Having beaten Arsenal in the Premier U17 Cup 9-0 yesterday, England Under-15 schoolboy Samuel Awo-Ameyaw, who scored four of the goals, is looking to be offered a scholarship contract to secure his future at Spurs, where he has already represented the Under-18s.
- TEAM NEWS : – Steven Bergwijn and Ryan Sessegnon are the players who will miss the match against NS Mura tomorrow with injury.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – It is reported that Spurs are scouting West Bromwich Albion goalkeeper Sam Johnstone, who may be available on a free transfer in the summer.
Lots of sources claim Spurs will look to sell Dele Alli in the summer transfer window.
Apparently Manchester United and Spurs are watching RB Leipzig striker Christopher Nkunku.
- FIXTURE NEWS : – Tottenham’s Fourth Round League Cup tie away to Burnley will be played on Wednesday 27th October with a 19.45 kick off. This match is not scheduled for live TV coverage.
Tottenham’s Sky Sports covered visit to play West Ham United London at the Taxpayer’s stadium will kick off at 14.00 on Sunday 24th October.
- ALAN WOODS : – The club announced that Spurs half back of the 1950s Alan Woods had passed away yesterday. MEHSTG sends its condolences to his family and friends.
- RONALD SWEET : – On the same day, Ronald Sweet, the half back from the B team in the early 1950s, also passed away yesterday aged 90. MEHSTG’s thoughts are with Mr. Sweet’s family and friends.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Joe Rodon and Ben Davies have been included in the Wales squad for their World Cup qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Estonia.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Freed by a mutual termination of his contract, Serge Aurier is interesting Real Madrid.
AS Roma are reportedly looking at signing Tanguy Ndombele.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Academy physio James Haycock has been appointed as Senior Physiotherapist at Newcastle United.
- UNDER-23s : – Tottenham Under-23s beat Derby County 3-1 at Stevenage FC tonight with goals from Nile John, Dilan Markanday and Alfie Devine.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – It is rumoured today that Spurs are interested in signing Aston Villa striker Ollie Watkins as a possible replacement for Harry Kane. It’s a shame that they didn’t sign him from Brentford before Villa snapped him up.
Spurs and Everton will vie for the signing of Napoli winger Lorenzo Insigne in January and he may cost £30 million.
Fiorentina defender Nikola Milenkovic is a player Tottenham might try to sign again after he opted to sign a new deal with the Serie A club in the summer.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Argentina have called up Giovani Lo Celso and Cristian Romero for their World Cup qualifiers against Paraguay, Uruguay and Peru next month.
Heung-Min Son has been selected for the South Korea squad to face Syria and Iran in World Cup qualifiers in October.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 1-3 away at Woolwich Wanderers this afternoon. Match Report.
- UNDER-18s : – The Spurs Under-18s side beat West Ham United London 3-0 at Hotspur Way in the Under-18 Premier League this afternoon. Jamie Donley, Rio Kyerematen and Jaden Williams were the Tottenham scorers.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are considering making a move for Juventus’ 21 year old Swedish winger Dejan Kulusevski.
Another 21 year old Spurs are still keen on is Sampdoria and Denmark winger Mikkel Damsgaard.
- TEAM NEWS : – Lucas Moura is back in contention to play for Tottenham on Sunday against Woolwich Wanderers, but Steven Bergwijn and Ryan Sessegnon are still ruled out.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Barcelona midfielder Phillipe Coutinho is a transfer target for Spurs and Arsenal in January, possibly with a loan deal on the cards.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Spurs are believed to have approached AS Roma about signing young midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Development midfielder and free agent Elliott Thorpe has signed for Luton Town.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-2 on penalties after a 2-2 draw at Molineux in the League Cup Third Round tonight. Match Report.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Spurs have been drawn away to Burnley in the Fourth Round of the League Cup with the game to be played in the week commencing 25th October.
- FIXTURE CHANGES : – Following live TV selections and European matches requiring movement of fixtures, Tottenham’s following games will now take place at the date and time stated.
Everton (away) – Sunday 7th November – kick off 14.00.
Leeds United (home) – Sunday 21st November – kick off 16.30 (Sky Sports).
Burnley (away) – Sunday 28th November – kick off 14.00.
- CRIMEWATCH : – Back in May 2021, former Spurs youth team midfielder Stuart Thurgood was jailed for eight years for his part in a drugs smuggling and distribution operation.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Tottenham striker David Leworthy has been suffering with bladder cancer. MEHSTG sends our best wishes to him in his battle with this condition.
Former Spurs full back of the 60s and 70s, Joe Kinnear has been living with vascular dementia since 2015 it has been revealed today. MEHSTG send their best wishes to Joe and his family.
- OTHER NEWS : – Derby County have been deducted 12 points as they have entered administration after suffering financial problems.
- TEAM NEWS : – Tottenham will travel to Wolverhampton Wanderers for the League Cup Third Round tie tomorrow night without Steven Bergwijn and Lucas Moura who will both likely miss the weekend visit to Highbury. Ryan Sessegnon‘s injury also keeps him out of contention, but Japhet Tanganga is available again after serving a one match suspension.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Development squad midfielder Elliott Thorpe‘s intended move to Bundesliga side Hoffenheim in the summer broke down as the two clubs could not agree on a compensation payment. Tottenham offered a new contract, which was declined meaning that the Welsh youngster is now a free agent and in interesting Cardiff City and Bristol City.
The Daily Mail put forward two possible scenarios should Manchester United want to sign Harry Kane with Spurs supposedly wanting Anthony Martial in part-exchange, although the club might want to sign the French striker to play alongside Kane.
- UNDER-21s : – Spurs narrowly lost 0-1 away at Cambridge United in their EFL Trophy Southern Group H game tonight.
- OTHER NEWS : – Nottingham Forest have appointed Steve Cooper as their new manager.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Manchester United are reportedly keen to sign Tanguy Ndombele in the January transfer window.
Spurs are rumoured to be interested in West Ham United London’s forward Jarrod Bowen, along with Leicester City and Liverpool.
- JIMMY GREAVES : – Jimmy Greaves, Spurs goal-scoring legend, has died. MEHSTG sends it’s thoughts and condolences to Jimmy’s family and friends at this sad time.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 0-3 to Chelsea at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this afternoon. Match Report.
- TEAM NEWS : – Japhet Tanganga misses the match against Chelsea tomorrow through suspension and Steven Bergwijn and Lucas Moura were injured in Thursday’s match at Rennes, so may not be able to feature. Cristian Romero, Giovani Lo Celso and Davinson Sanchez are all back training at Hotspur Way and will be assessed as to whether they are available, as will Eric Dier, Ryan Sessegnon and Heung-Min Son, who are all recovering from injury.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are reported to be interested in signing Bayern Munich striker Kingsley Coman, who will be available on a free transfer next summer.
- UNDER-18s : – The Under-18s lost their Premier League Cup group opener at Leeds United 3-1. Jamie Donley scored Tottenham’s goal late on in the match.
- UNDER-23s : – Tottenham’s Under-23s drew 3-3 with Blackburn Rovers this evening at the Leyland County Ground. Nile John, Harvey White and Tobi Omole score the goals for Spurs.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Spurs, Chelsea, Woolwich Wanderers and Manchester City are all interested in Bayer Leverkusen’s 18 year old attacking midfielder Florian Wertz.
- MEDIA NEWS : – Spurs have an agreement for SkySports to present a 160 minute highlights and news package programme in South Korea. It will feature a delayed cast and analysis of the latest first team matches, as well as interviews.
- GOLDEN BOY SHORTLIST : – Bryan Gil has been named as one of the 40 players on the shortlist for the 2021 Golden Boy award for the best Under-21 player in Europe.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham drew 2-2 away to Stade Rennais in the Europa Conference tonight. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Spurs are said to be ready to make a move for German central defender Matthias Ginter of Borussia Monchengladbach, who will be a free agent next year.
- KANE NEWS : – It is being said that Daniel Levy will not give in to Harry Kane‘s demands of a release clause should he sign a new contract. It is also in the media today that Manchester City are unlikely to pursue a move for Harry Kane next summer.
- EX-SPURS : – Chris Hughton was sacked as manager of bottom of the Championship Nottingham Forest today .
- TEAM NEWS : – Spurs will be without Eric Dier, Heung-Min Son, Cristian Romero, Davinson Sanchez, Giovani Lo Celso and Ryan Sessegnon for the visit to Stade Rennais tomorrow in the Europa Conference. Steven Bergwijn has travelled with the squad after his injury playing for Holland a week ago.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Barcelona are reported to be interested in signing Cristian Romero to rebuild their aging defence.
Spurs may make a move for Cagliari midfielder Nahitan Nandez in the January transfer window.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Stories today are linking Spurs with a move for 18 year old Peterborough United central defender Ronnie Edwards, who has only played a handful of matches for the Championships new boys.
AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie is wanted by Tottenham, although he has said he wants to stay with the Rossoenerri. However, reports indicate that Spurs are willing to offer him £135,000 a week to tempt him to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs defender Zeki Fryers has signed for Stockport County after leaving Swindon Town in the summer.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are reported to be watching the situation of Ajax’s Dutch international midfielder Ryan Gravenberch, as the 19 year old is expeted to make a move next summer.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 0-1 to Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park this afternoon. Match Report.
- UNDER-23s : – Tottenham’s Under-23s beat Liverpool 2-1 at Stevenage FC this evening, with Alfie Devine scoring both goals for Spurs.
- UNDER-18s : – Our Under-18s got their first win of the season with a late 3-2 win over Reading at Hotspur Way. Renaldo Toraj and Jaden Williams scored to give Spurs a 2-0 lead that was wiped out with an injury-time deflected goal, but Jamie Donley scored after a goalmouth scramble at the death to secure the victory.
- AWARD : – Nuno Espirito Santo has been voted the August Premier League Manager of the Month.
- TEAM NEWS : – Having been sent to Croatia to undergo isolation before returning to Spurs following their international games in South America, Davinson Sanchez, Cristian Romero and Giovani Lo Celso are all ruled out of tomorrow’s game at Crystal Palace. Heung-Min Son joins them having picked up a calf injury while in South Korea on international duty.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – 28 year old Ajax and Holland full back Jurrien Timber is reported to be a January target for Spurs and Chelsea.
- STADIUM : – The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium has won a prestigious Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) National award.
- UNDER-18s : – Midfielder Roshaun Mathurin has undergone surgery on a knee injury picked up last month and he will be out of action for up to a year..
- INTERNATIONALS : – Harry Kane was captain of England and scored their goal in their 1-1 away World Cup qualifying group draw against Poland, completing the 90 minutes.
Ben Davies played all of Wales’ 0-0 draw in a World Cup qualifying group game in Cardiff tonight. Joe Rodon was an unused substitute. Maksim Paskotsi played 86 minutes for Estonia.
Sergio Reguilon played 86 minutes of Spain’s 2-0 World Cup group qualifying game in Kosovo.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are believed to be keeping an eye on Chelsea defender Sergio Reguilon played 86 minutes of with a view to making a move for him in the 2022 summer transfer window when he would be available on a free transfer.
Fenerbahce were trying to sign Ryan Sessegnon on loan on the final day of their transfer window.
- EUROPEAN CLUBS ASSOCIATION : – After a stinging rebuke from UEFA Chairman Alexander Ceferin sent to the clubs who threatened to form the European Super League earlier this year yesterday, news appears today that Daniel Levy has been elected to the European Clubs Association.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – In the summer transfer window, it is reported that Tottenham made an approach to Real Madrid to sign 25 year old midfielder Marco Asensio, but the player wanted to stay to fight for a place in the team.
Juventus may be willing to sell American midfielder Weston McKennie in January for just £25 million, with Spurs and Aston Villa interested.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Hugo Lloris was captain of France in their 2-0 World Cup qualifying group win over Finland.
The Republic of Ireland drew 1-1 with Serbia in Dublin tonight in a World Cup qualifier, with Matt Doherty playing the whole game.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg played 83 minutes of Denmark’s 5-0 home win over Israel in their World Cup group tonight.
Steven Bergwijn played 61 minutes of Holland’s 6-1 win over Turkey in a World Cup qualifier in Amsterdam.
- GAME ZERO : – Tottenham and Sky are partnering to make the Chelsea home match on 19th September carbon neutral by reducing carbon emissions to a minimum and off-setting the carbon produced by hosting the match by undertaking environmental projects.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tanguy Ndombele is being considered as a part of a deal to sign 24 year old AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie in the January transfer window.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Sergio Reguilon has been called up by Spain for their World Cup qualifying match against Kosovo later this week.
Joe Rodon has been declared fit to return to the Wales squad for their World Cup qualifier against Estonia on Wednesday.
Dane Scarlett scored for England Under-19s against Germany this afternoon in a 1-1 draw.
- COVID-19 :- Having travelled to South America against the wishes of the club, Davinson Sanchez, Cristian Romero and Giovani Lo Celso are expected to be fined on their return to the club, but have been released to return to Europe by their national side and will isolate at a training camp in Croatia, missing two Spurs matches (Crystal Palace and Rennes).
- INTERNATIONALS : – Harry Kane was a 63rd minute substitute for England and scored a penalty in their 4-0 World Cup qualifying win over Andorra at Wembley this evening.
Ben Davies played all of Wales’ 3-2 away World Cup qualifying win over Belarus this afternoon.
Pierluigi Gollini was an unused substitute as Italy got a 0-0 away draw with Switzerland in World Cup qualifying tonight.
Giovani Lo Celso and Cristian Romero were at the centre of a storm as Argentina travelled to Brazil for a World Cup qualifier, but the match was stopped after ten minutes by Health Officials, who said that the two Spurs men and two Aston Villa players had not made the proper declaration about where they had come from under Covid-19 regulations. The game was abandoned when the Argentina team walked off.
Davinson Sanchez played in Colombia’s 1-1 draw in Paraguay in a World Cup qualifier tonight.
Maksim Paskotis played the 90 minutes of the Estonia friendly at home to Northern Ireland, which they lost 0-1 in Tallin.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – In the Spanish press (for some reason), they reckon Spurs will make a move for Internazionale and Holland central defender Stefan de Vrij.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Matt Doherty played 70 minutes of the Republic of Ireland’s 1-1 draw with Azerbaijan and Troy Parrott played 63 minutes of the World Cup qualifier in Dublin.
Hugo Lloris was captain of France in their 1-1 draw with Ukraine in their World Cup qualifying group.
Steven Bergwijn came on as a substitute for Holland in their 4-0 World Cup qualifying win over Montenegro after 77 minutes.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg was an 89th minute substitute for Denmark in their 1-0 away win against the Faroe Islands in a World Cup qualifying group game.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Before he completed his loan move to Glasgow Celtic, Cameron Carter-Vickers was the subject of a loan request from Torino, but the central defender wanted to stay in the UK.
26 year old Iranian striker Sardar Azmoun of Zenit St. Petersburg has said that Tottenham were of a number of clubs interested in signing him in the summer, but his club would not let him leave, although he will be available on a free transfer next summer.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Giovani Lo Celso played 63 minutes of Argentina’s 1-1 World Cup qualifying away draw with Venezuela tonight.
- SPONSORSHIP : – The club have reached an agreement with delivery company Getir as sponsors of the training kit.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Academy midfielder Chay Cooper, who was released at the end of last season, had joined Colchester United.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – On transfer deadline day, Tottenham apparently considered re-signing Kyle Walker-Peters from South Coast Big Club, but they were not willing to let him leave. Everton were also interested in the former Spurs right back.
Andrea Belotti of Torino could be a January transfer target for Spurs.
Serge Aurier is reported as being willing to move to Woolwich Wanderers after terminating his contract with Tottenham.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Harry Kane captained England in their 4-0 away win in Hungary scoring once in the World Cup qualifier.
Heung-Min Son captained South Korea in their 0-0 World Cup qualifying draw with Iraq today in Seoul.
Maksim Paskotsi was an unused substitute for Estonia in their 2-5 World Cup qualifying defeat against Belgium.
Italy played out a 1-1 draw with Bulgaria in their World Cup qualifier, with Pierluigi Gollini an unused substitute
Maksim Paskotsi was an unused substitute for Estonia who lost 2-5 at home to Belgium in their World Cup qualifier.
Dane Scarlett played for England Under-19s, scoring in their 2-0 friendly win with Italy. Alfie Devine and Nile John were unused substitutes.
- FIXTURE CHANGE : – Tottenham’s home match against Aston Villa has been moved from Saturday 2nd October to Sunday 3rd October with kick off at 14.00 because of our participation in the Europa Conference.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Matt Doherty played all of the Republic of Ireland’s 1-2 defeat in their World Cup qualifier in Portugal tonight. Troy Parrott was an unused substitute.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg played the whole 90 minutes of Denmark’s 2-0 home win over Scotland in a World Cup qualifier tonight.
Captain Hugo Lloris was in goal tonight as France drew 1-1 at home with Bosnia-Herzegovina in a World Cup qualifying match.
Ben Davies came off the bench at half-time as a substitute for the second half in Wales 0-0 away friendly draw with Finland.
Steven Bergwijn was an unused substitute in Holland’s 1-1 home draw with Norway in their World Cup qualifying group game.
Pape Matar Sarr played 73 minutes of Senegal’s 2-0 World Cup qualifying win over Togo today before being substituted.
Academy goalkeeper Isak Solberg played for Norway Under-19s in their 2-1 win over Poland.
Jamie Donley came on as a substitute to score the only goal of the Northern Ireland Under-19s’ 1-0 victory over the Faroe Islands.
- EX-SPURS : – Last Sunday, our former defender Gudni Bergsson resigned as Chairman of the KSI (Icelandic FA), along with the rest of the board amid the backdrop of cover-ups of sexual assault allegations concerning players of the national team.
Previous White Hot Lines