This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
Previous White Hot Lines.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Spurs are reported to be keen to sign Marco Asensio in the summer on a free transfer.
- UNDER-21s : – Tottenham’s Under-21s lost 0-4 away to Brighton & Hove Albion today with Alfie Dorrington being sent off.
- OTHER NEWS : – Shota Arveladze has been sacked as the manager of Hull City … Matt Bloomfield has been appointed as the new boss at Colchester United …
- TEAM NEWS : – Spurs have a few injury issues following the international break, with Dejan Kulusevski the most likely to miss Saturday’s Premier League match. Antonio Conte is hopeful of having Hugo Lloris in goal after withdrawing from the France squad with a thigh injury
- EX-SPURS : – Former Tottenham midfielder John Bostock played in a friendly for Nottingham Forest’s Under-21 as a trialist after leaving Doncaster Rovers at the end of last season.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Playing the whole match, Cristian Romero was in the Argentina side who beat Jamaica 3-0 in a friendly in New Jersey in the early hours of this morning.
Davinson Sanchez played all of Colombia’s 3-2 away victory over Mexico in a Friendly this morning.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR: – Danish midfielder Andreas Skov Olsen has been regularly watched by Spurs, who had an interest in him as a teenager when he played for Njordsjelland. The international plays for Club Brugge and scored in the club’s recent 4-0 Champions League thrashing of FC Porto as well as Denmark’s 2-0 win over France in the Nations League.
- UNDER-17s : – Tottenham’s Under-17s lost to Colchester United 0-1 in a Premier U17 League Cup game today.
- OTHER NEWS : – Mark Fotheringham has been named as the new Head Coach of Huddersfield Town …
- INTERNATIONALS : – Republic of Ireland’s 3-2 Nations League win over Armenia saw Matt Doherty play the whole match and Troy Parrott play 76 minutes.
Dejan Kulusevski played all 90 minutes of Sweden’s 1-1 home Nations League draw with Serbia tonight.
Heung-Min Son scored the only goal of the game in South Korea’s 1-0 friendly win over Cameroon tonight.
Pape Matar Sarr was a 76th minute substitute in Senegal’s 1-1 draw with Iran in a friendly today.
Uruguay beat Canada 2-0 away today and Rodrigo Bentancur played 61 minutes of the friendly.
Richarlison scored one goal in Brazil’s 5-1 friendly win against Tunisia today and was substituted at half-time in the match in Paris.
Spain Under-21s beat Norway 3-0 in a friendly and Bryan Gil came on at half-time as a substitute.
Oliver Skipp and Ryan Sessegnon were 69th minute substitutes in England Under-21s 3-1 win over Germany at Bramall Lane tonight. Djed Spence was an unused substitute
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are named along with Newcash United as clubs who have made early moves to sign Stefan de Vrij from Internazionale next summer when he will be a free agent.
Danish midfielder Andreas Skov Olsen has been regularly watched by Spurs, who had an interest in him as a teenager when he played for Njordsjelland. The international plays for Club Brugge and scored in the club’s recent 4-0 Champions League thrashing of FC Porto.
- OTHER NEWS : – A great day for Tottenham as serial Harry Kane kicker Fabian Delph has announced his retirement …
- INTERNATIONALS : – Harry Kane scored for England in their 3-3 Nations League draw with Germany at Wembley tonight, playing the whole game, with Eric Dier playing the 90 minutes too.
Jamie Donley played 74 minutes, Alfie Dorrington was a 77th minute substitute and Luca Gunter an unused sub in England Under-18s’ in England’s friendly 2-1 win over Belgium today.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – This morning Tottenham are reported to have been interested in a move for Villarreal’s central defender Pau Torres last summer with Arsenal and Chelsea also linked with the Spanish international.
Spurs are reported to be ready to make a bid for 16 year old Brazilian wonder-kid Endrick, with the striker rated at £51 million, but Paris Saint Germain are said to be the most likely to sign him.
Hugo Lloris‘ successor between the posts at Tottenham may be his fellow Frenchman Illan Meslier, who is linked to make the move from Leeds United to N17.
Alternatively, Spurs are said to rival Mancashter United for the 30 million Euros signing of Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak.
- OTHER NEWS : – Watford sacked manager Rob Edwards today and appointed Slaven Bilic as their new boss …
- INTERNATIONALS : – Joe Rodon played all of Wales’ 0-1 home defeat in the Nations League tonight.
Denmark beat France in the Nations League in Copenhagen tonight with Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg playing the whole match.
Ivan Perisic played the 90 minutes of Croatia’s 3-1 away Nations League win in Austria tonight.
Davinson Sanchez was an unused substitute in Colombia’s 4-1 friendly win.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are being linked with a move for AS Monaco central defender Axel Disasi, who is keen to move to the Premier League.
- EX-SPURS : – Free agent Danny Rose is apparently in talks over a move to Wigan Athletic.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Matt Doherty and Troy Parrott started the Republic of Ireland’s 1-2 defeat to Scotland in a Nations League match today, with them playing 76 and 77 minutes respectively before being substituted.
Dejan Kulusevski was substituted in the 84th minute of Sweden’s 1-4 away defeat by Serbia in the Nations League today.
Dane Scarlett played all of England Under-20s 2-1 win over Morocco today in the Spanish Costa Calida Supercup tournament.
Senegal beat Bolivia 2-0 in a home friendly, with Pape Matar Sarr playing all the 90 minutes.
Cristian Romero joined up with Argentina late after a work permit visa to travel to the USA, where his national team has a friendly, after a delay following the death of Queen Elizabeth II.
- SCOUTING APPOINTMENT : – Tottenham have reportedly agreed to hire recruitment expert Jeff Vetere to add to Fabio Paratici‘s scouting network at the club, with a focus on brining in youth talent to the club’s Academy. Vetere had previously worked at Newcash United, West Ham United London, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Fulham and Charlton Athletic.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Sassuolo attacking midfielder Davide Frattesi is said to be a player Spurs are keen on signing, with the 23 year old having a £34 million price tag.
Tottenham are reported to be one of a number of clubs who are keen on Sporting Lisbon’s Uruguayan 21 year old midfielder Manuel Ugarte.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Harry Kane and Eric Dier played all 90 minutes of England’s 0-1 Nations League defeat by Italy in Milan, which relegates them to Group B.
Richarlison scored twice in the 63 minutes he played of Brazil’s 3-0 friendly win over Ghana in Le Havre tonight.
- CONTRACT : – Academy defender Pele Arganese-McDermott has signed his first professional contract with the club.
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE : – As punishment for trouble and letting of fireworks aimed at Eintracht Frankfurt fans imposed by UEFA, Marseille will have to close part of their ground when Spurs visit on 1st November.
- FOOTBALL PARTNERSHIP DEAL : – Tottenham have announced a 12 month partnership arrangement with FC Malaga City to provide coaching development opportunities to a club who have one of the most highly regarded residential Academies in the world with players from over 35 countries with the club, who Spurs will no doubt hope to tap into.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Ivan Perisic played 71 minutes of Croatia’s 2-1 victory over Denmark in the Nations League with Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg seeing out the whole 90 minutes for the Danes.
Joe Rodon played all of Wales’s 2-1 away defeat by Belgium in the Nations League tonight.
Heung-Min Son scored once in South Korea’s 2-2 home draw with Costa Rica in a Friendly today, playing the whole game.
Rodrigo Bentancur played all of Uruguay’s 0-1 away friendly loss to Iran today.
Oliver Skipp, Ryan Sessegnon and Djed Spence all played 71 minutes of England Under-21s 2-0 away friendly win over Italy in Pescara, while Destiny Udogie came on for Italy at half-time.
Matthew Craig was an unused substitute as Scotland Under-21s recoded a 3-1 away win against Northern Ireland.
Alfie Dorrington played for England Under-18s in their 2-1 win over Faroes Islands in the Costa Calida Supercup in Pinatar, Spain, while Luca Gunter and Jamie Donley were not used from the bench.
Dane Scarlett was a 70th minute substitute for England Under-20s, who beat Chile 3-0 in their age group in the Costa Calida Supercup.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Spurs could look at Eintracht Frankfurt’s 26 year-old Japanese international attacking midfielder Daichi Kamada as he is currently involved in a contract wrangle with the Bundesliga club that could lead to him leaving in the summer for free.
- OTHER NEWS : – Paul Warne left Rotherham United as their manager today to take over as manager of Derby County …
- INTERNATIONALS : – Luca Gunter played the full 90 minutes of England Under-18s 1-0 win over Holland in the Costa Calida Supercup in Pinatar, Spain, along with Jamie Donley. Alfie Dorrington was an unused substitute.
Aaron Maguire was in goal for the Republic of Ireland Under-19s as they beat Gibraltar 6-0 in an Under-19 European Championship qualifier in Wales today.
- ACADEMY FIXTURE CHANGES : – The Under-21s recently postponed fixture away at West Ham United London will now be played at the Rush Green ground on Friday 11th November, kicking off at 19.30.
The Under-19s UEFA Youth League fixture against Eintracht Frankfurt at Hotspur Way on Wednesday 12th October will now kick off at 13.00.
- OTHER NEWS : – Leroy Rosenior has been dismissed as interim manager of Derby County …
- UNDER-21s : – Tottenham’s Under-21s fielded a young side tonight because of injury and international call-ups for their EFL Trophy match at Peterborough United, which the home side won 3-0, thus eliminating Spurs from the competition.
- INJURY NEWS : – Hugo Lloris has pulled out of the France squad for their Nations League games next week with a thigh injury.
- MANAGERIAL RUMOUR : – Antonio Conte has been linked with a return to the manager’s position at Juventus, who are struggling in Serie A under Maximilian Allegri.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – New Chelsea manager Graham Potter is rumoured to want to sign Harry Kane in a deal that sees Romelu Lukaku going in the opposite direction to link up with former Internazionale manager Antonio Conte.
- With the international break upon us, there is little newsworthy about Tottenham today.
- OTHER NEWS : – Cardiff City sacked their manager Steve Morison today … Brighton & Hove Albion appointed Roberto De Zerbi as their new manager today …
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Leicester City 6-2 this evening at the THS. Match Report
- UNDER-21s : – The Tottenham U21 side were beaten 1-3 by Blackburn Rovers in the Premier League 2 at Hotspur Way this afternoon with the Spurs goal scored by Harvey White.
- UNDER-18s : – The Spurs U18s beat Brighton & Hove Albion at Hotspur Way 3-0 this afternoon in the Premier U18 League with goals from Oliver Irow, Thomas Bloxham and Mikey Moore.
- INJURY NEWS : – Ben Davies will miss at least two weeks with a hairline fracture in his leg.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Dane Scarlett has been chosen for the England Under-20 squad to face Chile, Morocco and Australia this month.
Oliver Skipp, Ryan Sessegnon and Djed Spence are all in the England Uner-21 squad to play Italy away and Germany at Bramall Lane on the 22nd and 27th of September respectively.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – It is reported that Spurs and Newcash United watched Bayer Leverkusen’s French winger Moussa Diaby in the German club’s Champions League 2-0 home win over Atletico Madrid.
- TEAM NEWS : – Lucas Moura is Tottenham’s only injury absentee for the game against Leicester City on Saturday.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Eric Dier and Harry Kane are included in the England squad to face Italy and Germany in the Nations League this month.
- UNDER-21s : – Tottenham’s Under-21s Premier League 2 home match at Hotspur Way against Blackburn Rovers will now kick off at 13.00 on Saturday 17th September.
- FIXTURE CHANGE : – Tottenham’s home match against Newcash United has been moved from Saturday 22nd October and will now be staged at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Sunday 23rd October at 16.30.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 0-2 away to Sporting Lisbon this evening in the Champions League. Match Report.
- UNDER-19s : – The Spurs U19 team lost 0-2 away to Sporting Lisbon in the UEFA Youth League this afternoon.
- SPORTING LISBON (AWAY) : – Despite the Spurs website posting a notice that the match had been postponed and a later posting indicated that the game was actually on this Tuesday, because the first announcement was a technical error.
MEHSTG will not be updated for a few days while we are in Portugal.
- LEICESTER CITY (HOME) : – Tottenham’s home fixture on Saturday 17th September is under consideration for postponement, as the Metropolitan Police would require a significant amount of resources for the state funeral of Queen Elizabeth II so policing Premier League fixtures may prove difficult. The final decision lies with the Premier League in discussions with the Police and the Government, with an announcement expected. Some rumours claim a switch to play the game at the King Power Stadium have been circulating, but nothing is certain as yet.
- POSTPONEMENT : – As a mark for respect for the Queen Elizabeth II’s death, all football in England, Wales, Northern Ireland will be postponed this weekend, along with professional football in Scotland.
- INTERNATIONALS : – The Brazil squad for games against Ghana and Tunisia during the international break in September includes Richarlison.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs midfielder Massimo Luongo has joined Middlesbrough after being released by Sheffield Wednesday.
- HRH ELIZABETH II : – The Queen died this afternoon aged 96. METSHG’s thoughts are with the Royal Family and all who mourn out monarch
- HARRY KANE : – The Spurs striker is to be granted the Freedom of the City of London by the Corporation of London for his outstanding sporting achievements.
- FAN TROUBLE : – Five Marseille fans were arrested for various offences at last night’s match at the THS. The offences ranged from drunk and disorderly, possession of an offensive weapon, possession of drugs and affray.
- OTHER NEWS : – Chelsea have made Graham Potter the latest man to occupy the Head Coach role …
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Marseille 2-0 in the Champions League at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium tonight. Match Report.
- UNDER-19s : – Spurs U19s beat Marseille 3-0 in the UEFA Youth League at Hotspur Way this afternoon. A Jamie Donley penalty and two goals from Jaden Williams opened the team’s account with three points.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs defender Serge Aurier has signed for Nottingham Forest.
- OTHER NEWS : – Chelsea sacked Little Tommy Tuchel as their Head Coach today …
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE : – UEFA have altered their criteria on home-based players, with Welsh players being included in that definition for English clubs. This means that Ben Davies will be classed as a UEFA Association trained player, allowing another foreign player to be added to the squad for the competition.
- TEAM NEWS : – Lucas Moura is the only absentee from the Tottenham squad for tomorrow’s home Champions League match with Marseille.
- CONTRACT : – Alfie Devine has signed a new contract with Spurs that extends his stay until 2027.
- UEFA YOUTH LEAGUE : – The fixtures for Spurs Under-18s in the UEFA Youth League have been announced as follows (all kick off times are UK time) …
Wednesday 7th September – Olympique Marseille (home) – 14.00
Tuesday 13th September – Sporting Lisbon (away) – 11.00 at the Stadium Aurelio Pereira, Alcochete
Tuesday 4th October – Eintracht Frankfurt (away) – 13.00 at the Sportpark Dreieich, Dreieich
Wednesday 12th October – Eintracht Frankfurt (home) – 14.00
Wednesday 26th October – Sporting Lisbon (home) – 14.00
Tuesday 1st November – Olympique Marseille (away) – 14.00 at the OM Campus, Marseille
A small number of tickets for the home matches played at Hotspur Way are available on a first-come, first-served basis by calling THFC on 0344 844 0102 – select option 2 (lines are open weekdays, 9.30am to 5pm).
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – January moves for Ruslan Malinovsky of Atlanta and Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Adama Traore are on the cards according to reports today.
- OTHER NEWS : – Burton Albion have promoted assistant manager Dino Maamria to the manager’s post …
- 140th ANNIVERSARY : – Tottenham Hotspur are 140 years old today, after taking subs from their players for the first time on 5th September 1882 !!
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Bayern Munich are setting their sights on Harry Kane in the summer when he will have one year left on his contract.
- OTHER NEWS : – Burton manager Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink resigned today …
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – It was reported today that Mancashter United offered Christian Eriksen a deal amounting to £43 million to ward him off a move to Spurs, which is a little odd, because the Dane said that Tottenham’s interest in signing him was nothing really.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Fulham 2-1 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this afternoon. Match Report.
- UNDER-21s : – Tottenham’s Under-21s lost 0-3 to Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park this afternoon.
- UNDER-18s : – Spurs beat Liverpool’s Under-18s 3-1 away with Jaden Williams grabbing a hat-trick in the Premier League Cup group match this afternoon.
- TEAM NEWS : – Having recovered from their injuries, Rodrigo Bentancur and Cristian Romero are both ready to be included in the squad for tomorrow’s visit of Fulham to the THS, but Lucas Moura and Bryan Gil are still side-lined.
- TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY FALL-OUT : – It is reported that Spurs made a late bid for Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha.
- EX-SPURS : – Jan Vertonghen left Benfica after his contract was terminated and joined Anderlecht on a free transfer.
- TRANSFER OUT : – Development squad defender Marcel Lavinier has joined Swindon Town on a free transfer from Spurs after refusing to sign a new contract with Spurs
- TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY RUMOURS : – West Ham United London apparently enquired about a loan deal for Matt Doherty, but were told he would not be leaving the club.
With Fulham fancied to sign Daniel James of Leeds United, who was linked with Tottenham, we have been linked with a move for rapid AS Monaco winger Gelson Martins. The 27-year old Portuguese international previously played for Sporting Lisbon and Atletico Madrid.
Newcash United are one of a few clubs who have enquired about taking Lucas Moura on loan but Spurs are not willing to let him leave on a temporary deal. Aston Villa have been named as another club after Moura, along with Galatasaray.
Winger Bryan Gil’s proposed move to Valencia on loan failed to materialise when talks between the two clubs broke down and Tottenham failed to sign a replacement for the Spaniard.
It was reported that Dynamo Kyiv turned down a £25 million offer for their Illya Zabarnyi.
- EX-SPURS : – Former England international left back Danny Rose has had his contract at Watford terminated by mutual consent. Danny had turned out in a couple of our Under-21s pre-season friendlies, as he looked to maintain his fitness and to find a new club.
Former Tottenham goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga has left Fulham to spend the rest of the season on loan at Girona.
The ex-Spurs midfielder Josh Onomah has joined West Bromwich Albion on loan from Fulham.
Former loan striker Vinicius Junior has signed for Fulham from Benfica.
Previous White Hot Lines.