This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
Previous White Hot Lines.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Eintracht Frankfurt are reported in Germany to be interested in signing Romaine Mundle, whose contract runs out in the summer and is currently considering the club’s offer of a new deal.
Emerson Royal could be sold this transfer window following a reported busy-up with a member of the coaching staff at Hotspur Way.
In the Portuguese press, they claim that Spurs are making an initial move to return Marcus Edwards to N17 from Sporting Lisbon. He has a release clause in his contract of £52 million, but Tottenham have a 50% sell-on clause, so it was reduce his fee to £26 million.
Spurs are showing interest in Internazionale defender Denzel Dumfries once again.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs midfielder Scott Parker has been appointed as the new manager of Club Brugge in Belgium.
- TEAM NEWS : – Spurs will have Cristian Romero available for the match against Aston Villa on New Year’s Day, but Rodrigo Bentancur is missing injured. Lucas Moura‘s injury is still side-lining him, with Richarlison still out with his hamstring injury.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Internazionale are reported to be interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Oliver Skipp.
Spurs are reportedly watching the Olympique Lyonnais 19 year old right back Malo Gusto.
Juventus midfielders Weston McKennie and Adrien Rabiot are said to no longer be of interest to Tottenham according to the media today.
- AWARDS : – Pat Jennings has been awarded a CBE in the New Year’s Honours List for his services to football and charity. This adds to the MBE he received in 1976.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported to have made a £13 million offer to Barcelona to sign Ivory Coast midfielder Franck Kessie.
Spurs are rumoured to be in pole position to sign Fiorentina and Morocco midfielder Sofyan Amrabat.
Bayer Leverkusen central defender Piero Hincapie is reported to be a target for Tottenham in the January transfer window.
AS Monaco’s Brazilian defender Vanderson is another player Spurs are looking at.
Spurs have been watching Watford winger Ismaila Sarr.
Reports today claim that Tottenham may have been one of the Premier League sides who have contacted Sassuloulo about their 23 yard old Italian international midfielder David Frattesi, who may cost around £30 million.
Leicester City’s Harvey Barnes may be a possible transfer target for Tottenham, with Antonio Conte said to be an admirer of the striker.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs players Matthew Etherington and Simon Davies have left Crawley Town, where they were manager and assistant manager for 32 days, by mutual consent …
- OTHER NEWS : – Pele – El Rey – dies today aged 82. RIP …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – SSC Napoli are seeking talks with Tottenham about signing Tanguy Ndombele on a permanent basis following his loan spell there.
Reports claim that Spurs and Mancashter United have spoken to Rennes about signing 25 year old striker Martin Terrier.
- AWARDS : – Dejan Kulusevski has been named Swedish footballer of the year.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – With Jordan Pickford yet to put pen to paper on a new deal at Everton, the keeper is being linked with Spurs, Mancashter United and Chelsea
Salernitana have allegedly asked Spurs to take Pape Matar Sarr to Italy and join the Serie A club.
Tottenham and Liverpool are reported to be keen on signing Internazionale defender Milan Skriniar.
- OTHER NEWS : – … Norwich City sacked their manager Dean Smith today …
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham drew 2-2 with Brentford at the GTech Stadium this afternoon. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reported to be willing to offer Japhet Tanganga to Juventus as part of a deal to bring Adrien Rabiot to N17.
Liverpool and Tottenham are interested in signing 21 year old winger Khvicha Kvaratshkelia from AS Napoli.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OUR READERS
- TEAM NEWS : – The game at Brentford on Monday (Boxing Day) will see Spurs missing Cristian Romero (still away after World Cup), Richarlison (injured), Rodrigo Bentancur (suspended) and Hugo Lloris will start on the bench as a substitute. Ivan Perisic is back in training and may be available.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reportedly monitoring PSV Eindhoven and Holland midfielder Cody Gakpo.
Leicester City midfielder James Maddison is reportedly being closely watched by Spurs.
16 year old Felipe Rodriguez-Gentile, who scored five goals in Preston North End’s 6-1 FA Youth Cup win over Rotherham United, has Mancashter United, Spurs, Liverpool and Newcash United all keen to snap up his talents.
West Ham United London, Newcash United, Woolwich Wanderers and Spurs have been offered the chance to sign Brazilian winger Tete from Shakhtar Donetck, with the player currently on loan at Olympique Lyonnais.
Tottenham are still said to be interested in signing Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Adama Traore in the January transfer window.
- AWARDS : – Heung-Min Son has won the South Korean best football of the year award for the seventh time.
For his overhead kick goal scored for Brazil against Serbia, Richarlison has won the Goal of the Tournament award.
- OTHER NEWS : – … 1966 World Cup winner, England full back, George Cohen has died … MK Dons have appointed Leeds United coach Mark Jackson as their new manager …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Chelsea goalkeeper Edouard Mendy has claimed that he has been offered to Spurs following a rejection of a poor contract offer from the Senegalese international’s club.
Tottenham, Borussia Dortmund, Everton, AS Roma and South Coast Big Club are all said to be waiting to see what happens with England Under-18 and Ajax keeper Charlie Setford, whose contract with the Dutch club is up in the summer, so can talk to other clubs in January.
Another goalkeeper on Tottenham’s radar is Dinamo Zagreb and Croatia’s shot-stopper Dominik Livakovich.
Some reports have linked Morocco striker Walid Cheddira, whose Italian club Bari could be willing to sell him for £4.4 million.
- FRIENDLY : – Tottenham drew 1-1 with OGC Nice tonight at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium in a friendly. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Rumours persist that Manchester United might be looking to move central defender Harry Maguire on and Tottenham is being named as one of the clubs where he might end up.
It is reported in Spain that Spurs have had talks with Sporting Lisbon about signing right wing-back Pedro Porro, with £26 million believed to be the offer for the 23 year old.
Spurs are reported to be interested in Stoke City’s Australian international 6′ 6″ central defender Harry Souttar.
It is said in the media today that Tottenham are leading the race to sign Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot, who played for France in the World Cup final.
Articles today indicate that Spurs are one of a number of Premier League clubs interested in Morocco and Angers midfielder Azzedine Ounahi.
- EX-SPURS : – Massimo Luongo, the former Tottenham midfielder, is currently training with Ipswich Town as his contract with Middlesbrough ends in January. The player joined Boro in September and has not featured in a first team match for the club, so he is preparing for his exit.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Valencia and Spain Under-19 left back Jesus Vazquez is a transfer target for Leeds United, Internazionale and Spurs during the January transfer window.
Apparently, Barcelona’s Memphis Depay has been offered to Spurs, with the 28 year old Dutch striker priced at 15 million Euros if Tottenham want to sign him in January, as he is out of contract in the summer.
Playing wither as a central defender or as a defensive midfielder in front of the back four, Atalanta starlet Giorgio Scalvini is attracting interest from Mancashter City, Liverpool and Tottenham, with the 19 year old rated at 40 million Euros.
Spurs are being linked with Benfica’s midfielder Enzo Fernandez, who is 2-0 and won the best young player award at the World Cup. He would cost 120 million Euros, although he appears to have promised himself to Liverpool according to some reports.
Sevilla are reported to be interested in signing both Pape Matar Sarr and Bryan Gil from Spurs, with Tottenham reportedly willing to accept 15 million Euros for the Senegal midfielder.
Isco, the former Real Madrid midfielder, is being linked with interest from Tottenham and Woolwich Wanderers following news that Sevilla are willing to terminate his contract to allow him to move on in January.
- FA YOUTH CUP : – Spurs lost out 1-3 after extra time in the Third Round of the FA Youth Cup to Queens Park Rangers at Stevenage FC tonight. Rio Kyerematen netted Tottenham’s goal and the match ended 1-1 at 90 minutes.
- INJURY NEWS : – Richarlison is due to undergo a scan on his hamstring injured during the World Cup to provide a clearer picture of how long he may be side-lined, but Ben Davies is fit for Boxing day, while Rodrigo Bentancur will not be ready until the New Year’s Day fixture against Aston Villa, but he is suspended for the Brentford match anyway.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – With little else to write about until the Premier League resumes, media reports that Antonio Conte‘s future at Spurs is uncertain have surfaced. An alleged £1 million a year rise is being offered in a long term contract, but some sources think the Tottenham board are not convinced with his commitment over the longer term, so may be looking to return Mauricio Pochettino to N17. Additionally, the availability of national managers following their country’s exits from the World Cup may make them possibilities for the post. Other reports claim that Daniel Levy has told Conte that the transfer budget won’t be as big as he expects this window.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham striker Harry Kane is reportedly a transfer target in January for Newcash United.
The heat under rumours of the Spurs interest in Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Alexis MacAllister is growing, although his club are expected to speed up contract discussions with the Argentine international.
It is alleged that Tottenham have contacted the representatives of Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford about a move to succeed Hugo Lloris.
Chelsea are said to be interested in signing Tottenham Academy striker Mikey Moore.
- WORLD CUP : – Cristian Romero played the whole of the World Cup Final for Argentina in their 3-1 win on penalties after the game finished 2-2 after 90 minutes and 3-3 after extra time. Hugo Lloris captained France for the whole match, setting a record for World Cup appearances by a goalkeeper with his 20th match in the finals of the competition.
- WORLD CUP : – Ivan Perisic played the whole match as Croatia beat Morocco 2-1 to take Third Place at the World Cup.
- FRIENDLY : – Tottenham beat Peterborough United Under-21s 3-1 at Hotspur Way this afternoon. The goals were scored by Harvey White, Bryan Gil and Matt Doherty, while Yves Bissouma missed a penalty.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – 20 year old Sao Paulo defensive midfielder Pablo Maia is interesting Spurs, Fulham and West Ham United London.
Rumours linking Spurs with a move for Juventus striker Federico Chiesa is only likely to happen if Richarlison or Heung-Min Son move to Italy as part of the deal, thus making it a non-starter.
Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic is said to be on Tottenham’s radar to replace Harry Kane in the event that the England captain should leave N17.
Another forward interesting Spurs is Borussia Dortmund’s Donyell Malen, who is 23.
Links with Torino right back Wilfried Singo are appearing, with his asking priced halved from the summer to £10 million.
- FRIENDLY : – Peterborough United Under-21s will play a friendly against Tottenham (possibly Hotspur Way) on Tuesday 20th December it was reported today, with speculation that some of the players returning from the World Cup taking part.
- WORLD CUP : – Cristian Romero played the whole of Argentina’s World Cup semi-final win where they beat Croatia 3-0. Ivan Perisic played all of the match for the losing side.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are rumoured to be interested in signing Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha, along with a number of other Premier League clubs.
Spurs may be looking to replace Tanguy Ndombele with Lecce’s 20 year old Spanish midfielder Joan Gonzalez, with Juventus, West Ham United London and Everton also interested in the former Barcelona man.
Brazilian defensive midfielder Pablo Maia, 20, is interesting Spurs and West Ham United London with the player having an £8.5 million release clause.
- UNDER-18s : – Tottenham’s Under-18s home fixture at Hotspur Way against South Coast Big Club on Saturday (17th December) will now kick off at 13.00.
- INJURY NEWS : – Richarlison is reported to be out for four weeks with a hamstring strain.
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2026 : – It is reported that Tottenham are making a bid to stage the Champions League final in 2026, while they are also open to hosting the Europa League final.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – With contract talks to extend Antonio Conte‘s stay at Tottenham said to be soon to be held, for some reason rumours are being circulating that Spurs might move for Spain’s recently departed boss Luis Enrique to replace him if he leaves the club.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Wilfried Songo of Torino is once more the subject of speculation about a move to Tottenham.
Apparently, Spurs are in competition with Woolwich Wanderers to sign Barcelona winger Ferran Torres for £47 million.
Tottenham are among a number of clubs interested in Hearts’ 15 year-old striker James Wilson.
- FA YOUTH CUP : – The Third Round tie at Stevenage against QPR tomorrow night has been postponed because of a frozen pitch. The match has been rearranged to take place on Tuesday 20th December, kicking off at 19.00.
- UNDER-18s : – Manchester City will host Spurs Under-18s in the quarter-finals of the Premier League U18 Cup on Saturday 4th February. with a 11.30 kick off at the City Academy Stadium.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Alexis MacAllister of Brighton & Hove Albion is interesting Tottenham among a number of other Premier League clubs.
Spursd are rumoured to be interested in AS Rom central defender Chris Smalling.
- OTHER NEWS : – QPR have appointed Neil Critchley as their new manager … MK Dons have sacked manager Liam Manning …
- WORLD CUP : – Hugo Lloris broke the record for appearances for France with his 143rd cap and captained his country, playing the whole match, as France beat England 2-1 in the quarter-final of the World Cup. Harry Kane played all the game for England, scoring from the penalty spot to equal the highest number of goals scored for his country, with Eric Dier an unused substitute.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Bryan Gil is interesting Real Sociedad, Valencia and Espanyol to move for him on loan until the end of the season.
Spurs are rumoured to be ready to offer £39 million for Sporting Lisbon right wing-back Pedro Porro.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs midfielder John Bostock has signed for Notts. County.
- FRIENDLY : – Tottenham beat Motherwell 4-0 at Hotspur Way in a friendly this afternoon. Match Report.
- WORLD CUP : – Ivan Perisic played all of Croatia’s 0-1 defeat to Brazil in the World Cup quarter-final that went into extra time this evening, with Richarlison playing 84 minutes for the opposition.
Cristian Romero started Argentina’s World Cup quarter-final against Netherlands, but was substituted in the 78th minute as his team went on to win 4-3 on penalties after the game ended 2-2, with no further scoring during extra time.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham and Liverpool are being linked with a move for Fiorentina’s Moroccan international midfielder Sofyan Amrabat in the January transfer window.
Randal Kolo Muani, the France and Eintracht Frankfurt striker is attracting interest from Spurs and Liverpool, with Tottenham said to have had talks with his representatives.
Daichi Kamada, the 26 year old Japan and Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder is attracting interest from Spurs and Borussia Dortmund with regard to a move for him in January, although he will be available on a free transfer in the summer.
Tottenham’s interest in Lille’s Canadian international striker Jonathan David is being reported today.
Struggling La Liga side Cadiz are reported to be keen to take Bryan Gil on loan for the second half of the season.
Sevilla are linked with a move for Lucas Moura in today’s media.
- INJURY NEWS : – Ben Davies will be out injured for four weeks after picking up a stomach muscle strain playing for Wales in the World Cup.
- FRIENDLY CONFIRMED : – The Spurs friendly against OGC Nice on Wednesday 21st December has been confirmed by the club with a 19.00 kick off. The game will take place at the THS with a limited capacity for season ticket holders and members to attend.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham could make a loan move for Barcelona’s 25 year old midfielder Franck Kessie, with an approach already having been made to the La Liga club.
- FRIENDLIES ANNOUNCED : – The Spurs First team will meet Motherwell in a behind closed doors friendly on Friday (9th December)at Hotspur Way, kicking off at 13.00. Another friendly is rumoured to be staged at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium against Nice on Wednesday 21st December, but there is no confirmation from the club about this match as yet.
- INJURY NEWS : – Rodrigo Bentancur sustained an adductor muscle injury playing for Uruguay in the World Cup and could be out for three weeks.
- FA YOUTH CUP : – The Third Round tie when Spurs will play Queens Park Rangers will take place at Stevenage FC on Tuesday 13th December with a 19.00 kick off.
- FA CUP DATE : – Tottenham’s home Third Round FA Cup tie with Portsmouth has been set for Saturday 7th January 2023 kicking off at 12.30. The match will not be televised live in the UK.
- FEBRUARY FIXTURE CHANGES : – Live TV coverage of the following fixtures have necessitated their movement from the original date or time …
Mancashter City (Home) will be be played on Sunday 6th February with a kick off (Sky Sports).
West Ham United London (Home) will now kick off at 16.30 on Sunday 19th February (Sky Sports).
Chelsea (Home) to be played on Sunday 26th February kicking off at 13.30 (Sky Sports).
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Lucas Moura could be sold in January, with Spurs expected to ask £10 million for the Brazilian winger and Flamengo interested in taking him back to his homeland.
19 year old Antonio Silva of Benfica is reported to be a transfer target for Tottenham, with the central defender also catching the eye of Liverpool, Paris Saint Germain, Mancashter United, Juventus, SSC Napoli and Real Madrid.
- WORLD CUP : – Ivan Perisic played 105 minutes of Croatia’s Round of 16 match against Japan that his goal took into extra time before Croatia won 3-1 on penalties.
Heung-Min Son was in South Korea’s side for the whole of their 1-4 defeat by Brazil, with Richarlison scoring one of the goals as he completed the match too.
- OTHER NEWS : – Charlton Athletic sacked their manager Ben Garner today ….
- WORLD CUP : – Hugo Lloris won his 142nd cap for France as he captained them to a 3-1 win over Poland in the Round of 16 this afternoon.
In the other Round of 16 match played tonight, Harry Kane captained England to a 3-0 win over Senegal, scoring one of the goals. Eric Dier played minutes as a second half substitute and Pape Matar Sarr was a half-time substitute for Senegal.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Franck Kessie, the Barcelona midfielder who joined them in the summer in preference to a move to Tottenham, looks likely to leave in January as he is not in favour with manager Xavi.
- WORLD CUP : – Cristian Romero played the whole of Argentina’s 2-1 win over Australia in the Round of 16 in the World Cup today.
- UNDER-18s : – Will Lankshear‘s hat-trick was not enough to stop Spurs slipping to an away defeat to West Ham United London 3-4 this morning.
- WORLD CUP : – Rodrigo Bentancur came off injured after 34 minutes of Uruguay’s 2-0 win over Ghana in Group H of the World Cup this afternoon, but they are eliminated from the World Cup.
In the other game in Group H, Heung-Min Son played all of South Korea’s 2-1 win over Portugal that means his country reach the Round of 16.
Richarlison was an unused substitute as Brazil were defeated 1-0 by Cameroon on Group G, but the loss did not prevent them qualifying for the Round of 16.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Glasgow Celtic right back Josip Juranovic has been touted as a possible signing by Spurs after news that he is set to leave the Scottish club in January and his performances for Croatia at the World Cup have caught the eye of a number of clubs.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs Academy coach David Webb has taken the post of manager at York City.
- WORLD CUP : – Ivan Perisic played the whole match as Croatia drew 0-0 with Belgium in Group F, thus qualifying for the Round of 16 in the process and knocking Belgium out of the World Cup.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are today linked with Croatia and Dinamo Zagreb central defender Josip Sutalo with the 22 year old said to be ready to move on from his current club.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs Development squad striker J’Neil Bennett has signed for Brentford B.
Previous White Hot Lines.