This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
The MEHSTG spin story is our own unique take on some of the big breaking stories of the day … with our “spin” (and little truth) attached to it !! There are also “no spin” stories, which are strange but true !!
You couldn’t make them up !!
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 0-1 away to Brighton & Hove Albion at the Amex Stadium tonight. Match Report.
- TRANSFER : – Winger Maurizio Pochettino has joined Watford in a permanent deal.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – West Bromwich Albion are said to be keen to to Japhet Tanganga on loan until the end of the season.
- TEAM NEWS : – Harry Kane‘s ankle injury rules him out of the visit to the Amex Stadium tomorrow, as Spurs meet Brighton & Hove Albion. Gio Lo Celso is still side-lined, as are Dele Alli and Sergio Reguilon.
- UNDER-18s : – Tottenham’s Under-18s beat Brighton & Hove Albion today 2-1 at Hotspur Way thanks to goals from Maksim Paskotsi and Max Robson.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham, Manchester United and Liverpool are reported to be chasing RB Leipzig defender Ibrahima Konate in the summer, when he will be able to be bought for €40 million.
Danny Rose may or may not be on the verge of leaving Tottenham to join Trabzonspor of Turkey. The left back was due to sign a three year deal, but Trabzonspor pulled out because of the problems the signing would involve because of a Covid-19 quarantine. However, some other sources claim that the deal is hoped to be completed before the transfer deadline on Monday.
- FA CUP : – Tottenham’s Fifth Round tie away at Everton will be shown on BT Sport 1 on Wednesday 10th February, with the kick off at 20.15.
- FIXTURE CHANGES : – The next round of matches included in the live TV deals have been announced and the following Spurs games have been moved.
West Bromwich Albion at home will take place on Sunday 7th February with a Noon kick off (BT Sport)
West Ham United London (away) is now scheduled for on Sunday 21st February with a Noon kick off (Sky Sports)
- UNDER-23s : – Tottenham Under-23s drew 1-1 with Arsenal at London Colney this afternoon, with Kion Etete scoring the Spurs goal.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 1-3 to Liverpool at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium tonight. Match Report.
- LOAN : – Defender Malachi Fagan-Walcott has joined Dundee on loan until then end of the season.
- TEAM NEWS : – Defender Sergio Reguilon is rumoured to be side-lined for three weeks with a muscle injury. Jose Mourinho hinted that there are some small problems with some players as may be expected with the large number of games being played, but Giovani Lo Celso is still ruled out, but may be back in training soon.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The future of Dele Alli is confused according to today’s reports. Some, including news from France, claim that a deal has been struck to take him on loan, while others say he will not be allowed to leave until a replacement has been secured and Jose Mourinho said in his Press Conference that he does not expect Dele to leave in the January transfer window. Tottenham are believed to have been offered midfielders Julian Draxler and Idrissa Gueye as part of the deal to take Alli to Paris.
Talks with the agent of Napoli central defender Nikola Maksimovic are reported to be underway to bring him to the THS in the summer as his contract expires in June.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported to be keen to sign Angel di Maria from Paris Saint Germain in the summer as he will be available on a free transfer.
Leicester City and Spurs are being linked with a summer move for Marseille midfielder Florian Thauvin, as both clubs are monitoring the situation at Carrow Road for midfielder Todd Cantwell with a view to making a move for the England Under-21 international in the summer as well.
20 year old Sampdoria winger Mikael Damsgaard is interesting both Tottenham and West Ham United London.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs midfielder John Bostock has signed an 18 month deal with Doncaster Rovers.
- OTHER NEWS : – Chelsea appointed Thomas Tuchel as their new manager today.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Wycombe Wanderers 4-1 at Adams Park in the FA Cup Fourth Round tonight. Spurs will now face Everton away in the next round. Match Report.
- CONTRACTS : – Midfielder Nile John and defender Marqes Muir have signed their first professional contracts with Tottenham. Muir’s contract runs until the summer of 2022 and John’s until 2013.
- LOAN : – Striker Shilow Tracey has returned from his loan spell at Shrewsbury Town and has left to join Cambridge United on loan until the end of the season.
- AWARD : – Striker Heung-Min Son has been named as the Asian Football Confederation’s International Player of the Year for 2020 – for the fourth time (2015, 2017 & 2019).
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – A link in a story today puts Tottenham interested in 23 year old Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Florian Neuhaus. The German international is priced at £35.5 million and is also attracting attention from Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich.
- GREEN AWARD : – Tottenham have been ranked as the “Greenest” club in the Premier League in a survey after signing up for the United Nations Sports for Climate Action Network.
- OTHER NEWS : – Frank Lampard’s Chelsea have sacked Frank Lampard as their manager and will henceforth by known as Chelsea.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Spurs are rumoured to be ready to revive their interest in Norwich City right back Max Aarons.
- UNDER-18s : – Tottenham Under-18s lost 1-4 to Arsenal at London Colney in the Premier Under-18 League this afternoon, with the Spurs goal scored by Roshaun Mathurin.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham central defender Davinson Sanchez is said to be interesting his former club Ajax.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Tottenham Development midfielder Kevin Stewart has signed for Blackpool after being released by Hull City at the end of last season.
- TEAM NEWS : – Dele Alli is a doubt for the FA Cup tie at Wycombe Wanderers on Monday after missing the match at Sheffield United with an injury, with both Matt Doherty and Serge Aurier also having “small problems”, although all three will be assessed in training before the match. Giovani Lo Celso is definitely out with his hamstring injury.
- LOAN : – Development squad goalkeeper Brandon Austin has joined Orlando City on loan until the end of the MLS season and with an option for a further six months after that.
- UNDER-23s : – Two goals from J’Neil Bennett handed Spurs Under-23s a 2-1 away win against West Ham United London tonight.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are said to be interested in signing Fiorentina’s 23 year old Serbian international central defender Nikola Milenkovic, who could cost £22 million.
Reports coming out of Scotland tip Tottenham to sign Glasgow Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard, with the 23 year old said to be rated at £25 million by the Scottish Champions.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs trialist goalkeeper Mat Ryan has joined Arsenal on loan from Brighton & Hove Albion until the end of the season.
- DEPARTURE : – 23 year old winger Anthony Georgiou has left Spurs to join AEL Limassol of Cyprus.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham and Newcastle United are interested in signing Juventus’ Radu Dragusin – an 18 year old Romanian central defender whose contract expires in the summer.
An odd link has appeared, with the media in Chile saying that Tottenham are interested in Santos’ Venezuelan winger Yeferson Soteldo, quoting £18 million as the fee willing to be paid.
Jesse Lingard, out of favour at Manchester United, is being linked with a move to Tottenham and a number of other Premier League clubs.
- OTHER NEWS : – Cardiff City sacked manager Neil Harris today.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham may pursue a move for West Ham United London defender Issa Diop after he has fallen out of contention for a place in their first XI.
Head of Recruitment Steve Hitchen was spotted at Carrow Road for the Norwich City v Bristol City game tonight, with the media suggesting he was there to watch The Canaries attacking midfielder Emiliano Buendia.
- FIXTURE CHANGES : – The following Spurs games have been selected for live TV coverage …
Brighton & Hove Albion (away) Sunday 31st January Kick off 19.15 (Sky Sports)
Chelsea (home) Thursday 4th February Kick off 20.00 (BT Sport)
Manchester City (away) Saturday 13th February Kick off 17.30 (Sky Sports)
Burnley (away) Sunday 28th February Kick off 14.00 (Sky Sports)
- EX-SPURS : – Aramide Oteh has left QPR on loan to spend the rest of the season with Colchester United.
- CONTRACT : – 19 year old midfielder Dilan Markanday has signed a one year extension to his contract to run through to the summer of 2022.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs defender Danny Rose is the subject of a reported offer from Trabzonspor of Turkey.
Tottenham could make a £20 million bid for South Coast Big Club striker Danny Ings in the summer, with his contract close to expiry and the Saints unable to afford his salary demands.
- LOAN : – Portsmouth have signed midfielder Harvey White on loan until the end of the season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs and Aston Villa are reported to be keen on signing 26 year old Marseille midfielder Morgan Sanson.
Rumours are heating up again about Tottenham’s interest in Manchester United’s Jesse Lingard should Dele Alli be granted the move he wants to Paris Saint Germain.
Internazionale’s 23 year old midfielder Nicolo Barella is a target for Spurs and Liverpool according to reports today.
A large loan fee may be a stumbling block in Christian Eriksen returning to Tottenham in this transfer window.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Sheffield United 3-1 at Bramall Lane this afternoon. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Danny Rose is believed to want to move abroad when his contract is terminated during the January transfer window, should that happen, seemingly snubbing any interest from West Bromwich Albion.
Jose Mourinho is reported in the Daily Express to want to sign Paris Saint Germain winger Angel di Maria.
The Spurs boss is also keen on returning Christian Eriksen to N17 and the Danish midfielder is open to a move away from Internazionale to Tottenham.
- TEAM NEWS : – Giovani Lo Celso is the only injury absentee for the trip to Sheffield United on Sunday.
- UNDER-23s : – Spurs Under-23s beat Brighton & Hove Albion 5-1 away in Premier League 2 tonight. George Marsh, Kazaiah Sterling, Kion Etete, Dane Scarlett (penalty) and Marcel Lavinier hit the goals for Tottenham.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are believed to have accepted a seven figure offer from AFC Bournemouth for defender Cameron Carter-Vickers, who is on loan with the Cherries until the end of the season.
Internazionale midfielder Christian Eriksen is linked today with a return to Tottenham on loan, with reports indicating that Tottenham have initiated talks as Jose Mourinho is said to be keen about the Danish international re-joining.
- OTHER NEWS : – Wayne Rooney has retired from playing today to become the new manager of Derby County.
- LOAN : – Stoke City have signed winger Jack Clarke on loan until the end of the season.
- FA CUP : – Spurs will play the Fourth Round FA Cup tie away to Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park on Monday 25th January with the kick off at 19.45 with live coverage on BT Sport 1.
- PREMIER LEAGUE FIXTURE CHANGES : – The away game at Sheffield United on Sunday will now kick off at 14.00, which was its original start time. The game will be live on Sky Sports.
Other live TV coverage matches are Liverpool’s visit to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will take place on Thursday 28th January, kick off 20.00 (Live on BT Sport)
The away game against Brighton & Hove Albion on Sunday 31st January kicks off at 14.00.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reported to have offered a first professional contract to Marqes Muir, as AZ Alkmaar are showing interest in the Development squad defender the Telegraph report.
Beijing Guaon defender Kim Min-Jae is the rumoured subject of a move to Tottenham according to the media, after Chelsea had been linked with the 24 year old 6’2″ South Korean.
Reports claim that Dele Alli is keen to link up with Mauricio Pochettino at Paris Saint Germain, but the club do not seem keen to allow the midfielder to leave in this January’s transfer window.
- MEHSTG SAYS : – All credit to Arsenal and Crystal Palace for complying with the Premier League’s guidelines to not celebrate goals by playing out a sleep-inducing 0-0 draw tonight.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham drew 1-1 with Fulham at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium tonight. A Match Report will follow.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Stoke City are rumoured to be on the verge of signing Jack Clarke on loan for the rest of this season.
- TEAM NEWS : – Giovani Lo Celso is the only player Spurs have injured for the hastily arranged visit of Fulham to the Tottenham Hotspur stadium tomorrow night.
- FA YOUTH CUP : – In the Third Round of the FA Youth Cup, Spurs Youth beat Newport County 6-2 at Hotspur Way this afternoon, after being 0-2 down. Dane Scarlett scored five of the goals (one a penalty) and Roshaun Mathurin got the other goal.
Due to the continuing Covid-19 pandemic, the competition has been temporarily suspended by the FA.
- MEHSTG SAYS … : – It was nice to hear in a Q&A that Arsenal reserve midfielder Mezut Ozil said that he would rather retire than play for Spurs, because we thought he had retired already. And there is absolutely no truth that the £120 million loan Arsenal received from the Bank of England will be used to pay the remainder of Ozil’s contract.
- FIXTURE CHANGES : – Tottenham’s game at Aston Villa on Wednesday has been postponed due to a number of Covid-19 positive tests among the Villa squad and staff. Instead, Tottenham’s game at home to Fulham that was postponed on 30th December for the same reason will be played at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Wednesday with a 20.15 kick-off to be shown live on Amazon Prime Video.
The away Premier League game at Sheffield United on Sunday 17th January will now kick off at 14.05 and will be screened live on Sky Sports TV.
- FA CUP : – In the Fourth Round draw, Tottenham will play away at Wycombe Wanderers during the weekend of 23rd and 24th January. If Spurs progress to the Fifth Round, they have been drawn away to either Everton or Sheffield Wednesday on the weekend of 9th-11th February.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Valencia have made a second move to take midfielder Harry Winks on loan for the rest of this season.
Tottenham are keen on signing 19 year old defender Julian Araujo, with the LA Galaxy right back said to be priced at £5 million.
Liverpool and Spurs are said to be interested in signing Lille’s Dutch 6’4″ central defender Sven Botman.
- 22 year old Stuttgart winger Nicolas Gonzalez is a target for Leeds United, Juventus and Tottenham in the summer transfer window. The Argentine would cost around £27 million and Spurs are reported to have made preliminary talks with the Bundesliga club and player.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Marine 5-0 away this evening in the FA Cup Third Round. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Rumours in the media today claim that Hugo Lloris has rejected early talks regarding a new contract with the club.
- MEHSTG SAYS … : – This is a headline run on the Daily Star website … “Ian Wright gave Marine manager some Tottenham tactic secrets ahead of FA Cup game”. Thanks Wrighty !! Good job.
- TEAM NEWS : – Following training tomorrow, Gareth Bale will be assessed to play at Marine on Sunday in the FA Cup. The Welshman has expressed a wish to play and Erik Lamela may be fit to feature, but Giovani Lo Celso will still be side-lined with his hamstring injury.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Development squad winger Anthony Georgiou could move to AEL Limassol in this transfer window, with Tottenham believed to be ready to allow the 23 year old to leave.
Another midfielder Spurs may be willing to allow to go is Harry Winks, with a planned move to Valencia only being held up by the La Liga club’s reluctance to pay the asking price for the England international.
Sampdoria’s 20 year old Danish winger Mikkel Damsgaard is a player Tottenham are watching with interest.
Paris Saint Germain are confident that they will sign Dele Alli.
Ryan Sessegnon will allegedly have his loan deal at Hoffenheim cancelled by Spurs, who will then send him to AC Milan for the remainder of the season. Apparently, the club are unhappy at the playing time the left sided player is getting at the Bundesliga club.
Reports claim that Spurs are keen to sign Real Madrid defender Eder Militao in the January transfer window, but the 22 year old may cost £45 million.
- SPONSORSHIP : – Tottenham will wear the logo of the company cinch, an online car sales platform, on the sleeves of their shirts.
- COVID-19 : – The club have offered the NHS use of the Tottenham Hotspur stadium as a vaccination hub for people to receive their injections against Covid-19.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Reports reckon Jose Mourinho wants the return of Christian Eriksen from Internazionale, but his wages at the Italian club might rule that out, although a loan for the rest of the season has been rumoured.
Tottenham are reportedly in talks with Inter’s Croatian midfielder Ivan Perisic regarding a loan move to N17 for the 31 year old.
Real Madrid want to sign Heung-Min Son, but Tottenham are confident that contract talks with the player to extend his deal beyond 2023 can be successful.
The Real captain Sergio Ramos has reportedly rejected the offer of a new contract at the Bernabeu, sparking speculation that Spurs will move for the 34 year old defender.
The Daily Express suggest that Tottenham are willing to keep Gareth Bale at the club beyond this season, but only on a second season loan after he has been hit by injuries since joining in the summer transfer window.
Danny Rose is wanted by Turkish club Trabzonspor.
PSV Eindhoven have made an approach to the agent of Toby Alderweireld to see if he would be willing to move to the Dutch club.
Rumours are linking Tottenham with an interest in West Ham United London central defender Issa Diop, who might be available for £18 million having fallen out of favour with David Moyes.
- CRIME WATCH : – The London Evening Standard reports that Jan Vertonghen, Eric Dier, Erik Lamela and former Spur Jermain Defoe have all been caught speeding on the stretch of the A10 to Bullsmoor Lane that leads to the Spurs training ground at Hotspur Way. Dier received a six-month driving ban, while the others got fines and points on their licences. Lamela and Defoe have an additional offence each to be heard by the courts.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham will play Manchester City in the League Cup Final at Wembley on 25th April, after they beat Manchester United 2-0 at Old Trafford tonight.
- CONTRACT : – Under-23s captain Jubril Okedina has signed a new deal with the club until 2022 and has joined Cambridge United on loan until the end of the season.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Brentford 2-0 in the League Cup semi-final at the Tottenham, Hotspur Stadium tonight. They will face the winners of Manchester derby tomorrow night at Wembley on 25th April. Match Report.
- COVID-19 : – The club have fined Giovani Lo Celso, Erik Lamela and Sergio Reguilon for attending a party over Christmas in contravention of the Tier 4 restrictions for nobody to meet on Christmas Day period.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Juventus’ 22 year old Turkish defender Merih Demiral is a January transfer target for Liverpool and Spurs, although his club say that he will not be leaving in the winter transfer window, despite being unhappy with the amount of playing time he is getting.
- UNDER-23s : – Development squad striker Kazaiah Sterling has returned to Spurs from his loan spell at Southend United.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs Development squad goalkeeper Jordan Archer has signed for Middlesbrough.
- OTHER NEWS : – Fleetwood Town have sacked manager Joey Barton after he had a bust-up with striker Ched Evans.
- TEAM NEWS : – Erik Lamela will not be considered for the League Cup semi-final with Brentford tomorrow. Giovani Lo Celso is out with a hamstring injury, Gareth Bale misses the match with a calf strain and Joe Rodon is cup-tied, so is ineligible. Matt Doherty is suspended after getting sent off on Saturday against Leeds United.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Ahead of tomorrow’s semi-final at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, it has been announced that teams in the semi-finals and final will be allowed to use five substitutes. At this stage onwards, VAR will also be in operation.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Juventus and Argentina striker Paulo Dybala could be available in the January transfer window if he fails to sign a new deal with the Serie A champions, with Spurs and Manchester United reported to be interested in signing him.
Tottenham are said to be unwilling to let Dele Alli join PSG in the January transfer window.
Following yesterday’s news about contract talks with Harry Kane, the London Evening Standard carries news that the club will not hold talks about new deals with Kane or Heung-Min Son during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- OTHER NEWS : – John Askey has left Port Vale as their manager.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – With reported interest from Paris Saint Germain and Manchester City, Tottenham are to talk to Harry Kane about a contract extension to keep him at the THS.
Spurs are to renew their interest in Wigan Athletic’s 19 year old striker Kyle Joseph after having a £150,000 bid for the player in the summer.
AC Milan, Liverpool, Manchester United and Spurs are said to be interested in signing Schalke 04’s 20 year old Turkish defender Ozan Kabak.
Valencia are rumoured to be keen to sign Harry Winks on loan in January.
- FIRST TEAM: – Tottenham beat Leeds United 3-0 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this afternoon. Match Report.
- COVID-19 : – Spurs will be taking action against Sergio Reguilon, Erik Lamela and Giovani Lo Celso after pictures emerged on social media of them attending a party with West Ham United London’s Manuel Lanzini in a flagrant breach of Covid-19 lockdown restrictions.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Real Madrid are keen to sign Heung-Min Son.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has been named as the new manager of Paris Saint Germain.
- OTHER NEWS : – Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has been re-appointed as the new manager of Burton Albion, after leaving the club five years ago.
HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM ALL AT MEHSTG. MAY IT BE A GOOD ONE FOR YOU PERSONALLY AND FOR THFC … AFTER ALL THE YEAR DOES END IN ONE !!
- TEAM NEWS : – Spurs will be without Gareth Bale (calf muscle) and Giovani Lo Celso (hamstring) for the visit of Leeds United to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium tomorrow, but Lucas Moura and Carlos Vinicius will both be available for selection.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Mauricio Pochettino is reported to be ready to make a move for Hugo Lloris when he takes over at Paris Saint Germain and the media reckon Tottenham will move for former Manchester United academy products Dean Henderson and Sam Johnstone (now at West Bromwich Albion) should the Spurs kipper depart.
Harry Kane is said to be a £90 million transfer target for Manchester City in the summer.
Previous White Hot Lines