This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
Previous White Hot Lines.
- TRANSFERS IN : – Pedro Porro has signed from Sporting Lisbon on a loan deal until the end of the season costing a reported £5 million and then there will be an obligation to buy in the summer for a reported fee of £39 million. The Spanish international full-back will wear the number 23 shirt.
19 year old striker Jude Soonsup-Bell has signed for Tottenham from Chelsea on a two and a half year deal.
- TRANSFER OUT : – Matt Doherty has joined Atletico Madrid after Spurs and the player mutually agreed to terminate his contract. With Porro arriving and with a number of players out on loan already, loaning Doherty would have breached UEFA rules, so it was agreed to allow him to leave on a permanent deal.
Djed Spence has left to join up with Joe Rodon at Rennes, where he will be on loan until the end of the season.
Harvey White has gone to Derby County on a loan deal until the end of the season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Internazionale wanted to sign Japhet Tanganga on loan for the rest of the season.
Barnsley, Luton Town, West Bromwich Albion and Oxford United wanted to take Harvey White on loan.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs midfielder Josh Onomah had his Fulham contract terminated by mutual consent and he has signed a contract with Preston North End until the end of the season.
Former Spurs Development squad midfielder Jack Roles has left Woking to sign for Crawley Town.
- OTHER NEWS : – Swindon Town have appointed Jody Morris as their new manager …
- FA CUP : – Tottenham have been drawn away to the winner of the FA Cup Fourth Round replay between Wrexham and Sheffield United in the Fifth Round. The tie will take place in the week of Wednesday 1st March.
- TRANSFER OUT : – Bryan Gil has joined Sevilla on loan until the end of the season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The deal to bring Pedro Porro to Tottenham is reported to have collapsed with Sporting Lisbon changing the terms of the agreement. The Spanish international is still committed to the move and talks are on-going to try and resolve the issues raised by the Portuguese club. The issue is supposedly about an extra £2.6 million Sporting want to add to the transfer fee. Later reports claim that Spurs were set to complete the move for Porro after reducing the percentage of the sell-on clause they have in the contract of Marcus Edwards.
Instead of signing Porro, The Daily Mirror reports that Tottenham have made Piero Hincapie of Bayer Leverkusen their prime transfer target.
Should Antonio Conte remain as Spurs manager beyond the summer, there are rumours that he may want to bring in Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea.
Spurs are said to be making a move for South Coast Big Club’s 18 year old left back Thierry Small, but they want an increased offer to bring him to N17.
Bryan Gil is in Spain and is set to have a medical ahead of a loan move to Sevilla despite a late bid by Bournemouth to do a similar deal.
Swindon Town are reported to be in advanced talks to sign Malachi Fagan-Walcott on a permanent deal.
Reports today indicate that the deal to sign young striker Jude Soonsup-Bell from Chelsea has been completed today.
The London Evening Standard reckon that Djed Spence is set to join French club Rennes on a six-month loan without a purchase clause included.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Development squad goalkeeper Luke McGee has joined Derby County on loan from Forest Green Rovers.
- OTHER NEWS : – Everton have named Sean Dyche as their new manager …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are rumoured to be interested in signing Birmingham City’s 17 year old midfielder Jobe Bellingham, the younger brother of England international Jude.
Tottenham are said to have come to a verbal agreement with Sporting Lisbon to sign wing-back Pedro Porro for a fee reported to be anywhere between £39.5 million and £45 million.
A bid said to be of £22 million has been made for Bayer Leverkusen central defender Piero Hincapie, who is keen on the move, but the German side are rumoured to want between £50 million and £80 million for the Ecuador international.
A few Premier League clubs are looking to take Oliver Skipp on loan for the rest of this season.
Tottenham are keen to complete a deal in this transfer window for Chelsea’s 19 year old striker Jude Soonsup-Bell.
South Coast Big Club, Everton and Crystal Palace are all reported as being interested in signing Lucas Moura this month. The Brazilian is reported to be asking for £150,000 a week in wages.
Conflicting stories about Bryan Gil appeared today claiming Sevilla are in advanced talks with Spurs about a loan move back to Spain or Tottenham have changed their mind with Lucas Moura potentially leaving and intend to keep Bryan.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Preston North End 3-0 in the Fourth Round of the FA Cup at Deepdale tonight. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Galatasaray are reported to have sent representatives to London to meet with Tottenham about the transfer of Lucas Moura.
- UNDER-18s : – Spurs Under-18s drew 2-2 away to Chelsea at Cobham this morning, with the Spurs goals scored by Mikey Moore and Rio Kyerematen.
- ACADEMY STAFFING UPDATE : – Head of Emerging Talent Recruitment Chris Perkins is reported as having left the club a month ago, with a restructuring of the recruitment staff being undertaken.
- OTHER NEWS : – Wigan Athletic have appointed Shaun Maloney as their new manager …
- TEAM NEWS : – Harry Kane will be assessed before the game after playing recent games with a fever, while Arnaut Danjuma is available for selection for the game at Deepdale against Preston North End.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – A report claims that OGC Nice have made an offer to take Davinson Sanchez on loan.
A story today claims that Lucas Moura has turned down a move to AS Roma.
Tottenham reportedly sent a scout to watch Montpellier striker Elye Wahi. A number of clubs are watching the 20 year old, but the Ligue 1 club do not intend to sell the 30 million Euros rated forward.
- UNDER-21s : – Goals from Nile John and Lucas Moura won the Premier League 2 match against Arsenal Under-21s 2-1 at Boreham Wood tonight tonight.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs Development squad midfielder Grant Ward has left Blackpool to join Bristol Rovers on a free transfer.
- OTHER NEWS : – Sabri Lamouchi has been appointed as the new Cardiff City manager …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs have been reported as having turned down an approach by Brentford to sign Djed Spence on loan for the remainder of the season, although Olympique Lyonnais are interested in a similar arrangement.
PSV Eindhoven apparently want to take Bryan Gil on loan until the end of the season.
A report from Chile has claimed that Tottenham and Aston Villa are interested in signing Universidad de Chile right winger Dario Osorio, but the 19 year old’s mother has said that he likes it in Chile and might not be looking to leave.
Spurs are being linked with Internazionale defender Milan Skriniar again following reports that the Serie A club are keen to offload him before the end of the transfer window.
- SQUAD NUMBER : – Arnaut Danjuma will wear the number 16 shirt for the length of his loan.
- OTHER NEWS : – Forest Green Rovers have appointed Duncan Ferguson as their new manager … Wigan Athletic sacked Kolo Toure as their manager after 9 matches …
- TRANSFER IN : – Tottenham have completed the loan signing of Holland and Villarreal winger Arnaut Danjuma until the end of the season.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Burnley, West Ham United London, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Bournemouth, South Coast Big Club, Leicester City and Brentford are interested in signing Djed Spence on loan for the rest of the season.
- OTHER NEWS : – Forest Green Rovers have sacked their manager Ian Burchnall …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – SSC Napoli goalkeeper Alex Meret is another keeper being linked with a move to Tottenham.
Spurs are rumoured to be snatching the loan signing of Villarreal winger Arnaut Danjuma from a deal with Everton, which was almost completed.
- EX-SPURS : – Salernitana have signed Watford and ex-Spurs Development squad defender William Troost-Ekong on loan.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Fulham 1-0 at Craven Cottage tonight. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – After spending a week trying to move Harry Kane on to Mancashter United, the media are completing a U-turn by reporting that the Spurs striker is open to signing an extension to stay at Tottenham.
Espanyol are the latest club to express an interest in signing Pape Matar Sarr having allegedly been offered the Senegal midfielder a few weeks ago.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Following the expectation in the media that Antonio Conte will leave Spurs in the summer, the latest managers being linked with taking his place at Tottenham are Lazio and former Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri and Maurizio Pochettino.
- UNDER-21s : – Tonight’s match against Wolverhampton Wanderers Under-21s in the Premier League 2 was postponed because of a frozen pitch at Stevenage FC.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs Development squad defender Paris Maghoma has joined MK Dons on loan form Brentford.
- OTHER NEWS : – Frank Lampost was sacked as manager of Everton today …
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Blackpool have made a bid to take Harvey White on loan for the remainder of the season.
- MANAGER RUMOUR : – Speculation in the Italian media claims that Spurs will not offer Antonio Conte an extension to his contract that runs out in the summer and that he will leave, probably to take over at Juventus. Among reasons given are the Head Coach’s disillusionment with the amount of money Tottenham are willing to spend and the club’s annoyance at the negative comments made by him in press conferences.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are alleged to have offered one of three players to AS Roma in part exchange for Nicolo Zaniolo. The report only names Bryan Gil as one of the players, although this seems strange after his recent impact when given playing time and the other two players go unnamed.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Chelsea’s offer to sign Yves Bissouma with Hakim Ziyech moving to Tottenham as part of the deal has been rejected.
Spurs are reported to have offered Sporting Lisbon the choice of Bryan Gil, Emerson Royal or Japhet Tanganga to reduce the price of signing Pedro Porro. Some reports say that Spurs are set to walk away from the deal, while others reckon the move may be completed soon.
Apparently, Tottenham have made an approach to sign £50 million rated Everton forward Anthony Gordon, although, if the club are trying to get the price of Porro knocked down, it seems unlikely that they would pay the Goodison club’s asking price.
Rennes’ Croatian midfielder Lovro Majer is interesting Mancashter United and Spurs, but he comes with a £50 million price tag.
Fabio Paratici has allegedly arranged a meeting in London with the agent of Nicolo Zaniolo, who has been training alone at AS Roma, as his dispute with them over a new contract continues.
21 year old Adrien Truffert is also a player Tottenham are reportedly monitoring, with the Rennes left back having been a regular for a couple of seasons in Ligue 1.
Swedish international Jesper Karlsson is catching Tottenham’s eye, along with Fulham and Brighton & Hove Albion, but his 21 goals have come from 16 games for AZ Alkmaar in the Dutch Eredivisie and Spurs have had a bad experience before in buying players who score lots of goals in Holland. Alkmaar want 20 million Euros for the 24 year old.
Mancashter United are keen on signing Harry Kane in the summer, but may face competition from Chelsea, although some stories reckon Spurs may ask for one of four players if the deal goes through. Some stories claim Kane is keen on the move.
Spurs and Mancashter United are vying for the signing of Internazionale striker Lautaro Martinez in the summer.
- JUVENTUS TRANSFER SCANDAL : – Fabio Paratici has been banned by the FIGC (Italian FA) for his part in the transfer fee fixing scandal at his former club Juventus, where he was Sporting Director. The FIGC are looking to extend the ban worldwide by taking the matter to FIFA.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs Development squad forward Noni Madueke has signed for Chelsea from PSV Eindhoven.
- OTHER NEWS : – Portsmouth have appointed John Mousinho as their new Head Coach ….
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 2-4 to Mancashter City at the Etihad Stadium tonight. Match Report.
- ANTON WALKES : – Former Spurs defender Anton Walkes has been killed in a boating accident in the USA yesterday – the day before his 25th birthday. MEHSTG’s thoughts go out to his family and friends.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Reports hint that Tottenham could offer £26 million and Japhet Tanganga to Juventus to secure the signing of striker Dusan Vlahovic.
Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak is the latest keeper to be linked with a move to Spurs.
It is reported that AS Roma attacking midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo has set his heart on joining Tottenham.
- NFL : – The International NFL games have been announced for 2023, with Buffalo Bills and Tennesee Titans the designated teams to go on the road to N17, with dates and opponents to be announced at a later date.
- OTHER NEWS : – Blackpool have appointed Mick McCarthy as their new manager …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Olympique Lyonnais are reported to want to sign Djed Spence should right back Malo Gusto leave the Ligue 1 club.
Rumours today reckon Tottenham are making a move for AS Roma attacking midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo on loan until the end of the season with the option to buy him in the summer.
Everton are reported to be interested in signing Lucas Moura.
23 year old Nantes captain and goalkeeper Alban Lafont is said to be a player that Tottenham are looking to sign as a potential successor to Hugo Lloris. or alternatively, Spurs are monitoring QPR goalkeeper Seny Dieng with a view to singing him in the summer.
- OTHER NEWS : – Blackpool sacked manager Michael Appleton today …
- TEAM NEWS : – Rodrigo Bentancur is in the party travelling to Mancashter City for Thursday night’s match, with Lucas Moura the only absentee through injury.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported to have made offers for Brighton & Hove Albion forward Leandro Trossard and Barcelona midfielder Franck Kessie, but these have been rejected.
Interest in Spurs signing Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Ruben Neves has appeared in the media today.
Bologna’s Austrian defender Stefan Posch is reported to be a player that Tottenham are looking at with a view to a summer transfer with a fee of 10-12 million Euros quoted.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Internazionale’s Dutch wing-back Denzel Dumfries is being discussed as a potential alternative to Sporting Lisbon’s Pedro Porro should Spurs be unable to sign the Spanish player rated at £40 million.
Robert Sanchez, the Brighton & Hove Albion goalkeeper is being touted as a target for Tottenham to take over from Hugo Lloris.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – The media have jumped on yesterday’s defeat to cause doubt over Antonio Conte‘s future at Tottenham, reporting the club may look to Thomas Tuchel should the Italian leave in the summer.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 0-2 to Woolwich Wanderers at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this afternoon. Match Report.
- TEAM NEWS : – Dejan Kulusevski is fit to play in the match tomorrow against Woolwich Wanderers, while Rodrigo Bentancur and Richarlison will be assessed ahead of the game after training.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported to be very keen to sign Leandro Trossard after the player’s agent has said that the Belgian striker now wants to leave Brighton & Hove Albion after falling out with the club’s manager.
AS Roma midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo could be a player Spurs will attempt to sign in the January transfer window according to some reports today.
Among the options of signing a goalkeeper to replace Hugo Lloris, media reports hint that Sevilla and Morocco keeper Yassine ‘Bono’ Bounou is being considered.
If Tottenham sign Piero Hincapie from Bayer Leverkusen this month, they could loan the 21 year old Ecuador defender back to the Bundesliga club until the summer.
- UNDER-21s : – Today’s match at Hotspur Way against West Ham United London Under-21s was called off because of a waterlogged pitch.
- UNDER-18s : – The away Under-18 match against Brighton & Hove Albion today was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch.
- OTHER NEWS : – … Cardiff City have sacked their manager Mark Hudson after four months in charge …
- FA CUP : – Tottenham’s Fourth Round FA Cup tie away at Preston North End has been chosen by the BBC for live coverage and will be shown on Saturday 28th January at 18.00. The match will be screened on BBC1, BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – AFC Bournemouth, Aston Villa, Everton and Spurs are all reported to be chasing the signing of Villarreal winger Arnaut Danjuma. The 25 year old is said to be available on loan.
Tottenham, Real Madrid, Benfica, Glasgow Rangers, Bayern Munich, Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund are all reported to be considering a move for Oscar Gloukh, the 18 year old Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Israel midfielder who has a £6 million release clause in his contract.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are one of a number of clubs in the Premier League looking at signing Bristol City’s teenage midfielder Alex Scott, who is priced at £25 million.
Tottenham do not intend triggering a one year extension to Lucas Moura‘s contract. allowing him to leave on a free transfer in the summer.
Spurs have been reported as setting up a meeting with the agents of Bayer Leverkusen central defender Piero Hincapie about a move to N17 in the summer.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Speculation surrounds an alleged Spurs interest in Newcash United’s French forward Allan Saint-Maximin, while Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha appears no longer to be a Tottenham target.
From Italy, news arrives that Spurs are willing to make a cash plus Emerson Royal offer to Internazionale for defender Alessandro Bastoni.
Tottenham are reported to be keen on re-patriating a former Spurs player – Kyle-Walker Peters – to N17 after frankly unbelievable rumours that he might be looking for a way out of relegation threatened South Coast Big Club.
- AWARDS : – Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg has been announced as the Danish Male Player of the Year for 2022 – a Player’s Player of the Year type award voted for by the players and awarded by the Danish FA.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs reserve striker Lee Angol has moved from Bradford City to Sutton United for an undisclosed fee.
- OTHER NEWS : – Swindon Town Head Coach Scott Lindsay has left his position with the Robins to take over as manager of Crawley Town …
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – The Spanish media are running a story about Real Madrid targeting the signing of Harry Kane this summer, with Tottenham believed to want £88.3 million.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Tottenham central defender Steven Caulker has signed for Wigan Athletic until the end of the season after his contract with Turkish club Fatih Karagumruk was mutually terminated earlier this month.
- GARETH BALE : – Former Spurs wing-back Gareth Bale has announced his retirement from football with immediate effect.
- HUGO LLORIS : – Spurs captain and goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has announced his retirement from international football with immediate effect.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are among a number of clubs watching Leandro Trossard‘s situation at Brighton & Hove Albion, as the Belgian forward has been dropped recently. A verbal offer is reported to have been made by Spurs but the Seagulls have rejected it.
Apparently, Spurs are keen on signing Fulham’s midfielder Joao Palhinha in the summer transfer window, with the Portuguese international only having signed from Sporting Lisbon in the summer.
- FA CUP : – In the Fourth Round of the FA Cup, Tottenham have been drawn to play Preston North End at Deepdale. The fixture will be played during the weekend of 27th/30th January at a date and time to be arranged.
- UNDER-21s : – Spurs U21s beat Liverpool 2-0 away with goals from Jamie Donley and Malachi Fagan-Walcott.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Chelsea and Tottenham are reported to be going head to head in the chase to sign Everton and England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.
The Daily Telegraph reckon Spurs are looking at Brentford keeper David Raya as the player to take over from Hugo Lloris.
- INVESTMENT : – Sky Sports report that talks have been held with the Qatari owners of Paris Saint Germain, who are looking to invest in a Premier League club.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Portsmouth 1-0 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the FA Cup Third Round this afternoon. Match Report.
- UNDER-18s : – The Spurs Under-18 side beat Aston Villa 3-0 this morning at Hotspur Way thanks to goals from Callum Olusesi, Jaden Williams and Damola Ajayi.
- TEAM NEWS : – Tottenham will again be without Dejan Kulusevski‘s when they face Portsmouth in the FA Cup at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium tomorrow, with Rodrigo Bentancur, Lucas Moura and Richarlison also missing. While it seems as though Harry Kane and Heung-Min Son will play, the coach may rotate some players in other positions.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported to be eyeing a move for Sao Paulo’s midfielder Pablo Maia, who may cosy only £9 million, but Spurs may use Lucas Moura in a swap deal as he is keen to return to his hometown club.
Ivan Fresneda is the 19 year old Real Valladolid defender who looks set to join Newcash United, but Spurs may make a late move for the right wing-back.
20 year old Bristol City midfielder Alex Scott is a player Tottenham may be watching, with a fee of £12 million quoted for his signing, but a number of Premier League clubs are also keen on the England youth international.
It is reported in Italy that Antonio Conte has told the Spurs board that he wants SSC Napoli winger Khvicha Khvaratskhevia to be signed for the club in the summer transfer window, but he could cost £87 million.
A number of stories are claiming that Djed Spence wants to leave Tottenham on loan in January. Bayer Leverkusen and four Premier League clubs are said to be interesting in taking the defender for the remainder of the season.
AS Monaco’s Brazilian right back Vanderson would cost Spurs £17.6 million if they were to want to sign him.
Salernitana have apparently entered into talks to take Pape Matar Sarr on loan to Serie A until the end of the season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported to be keen on signing midfielder Franck Kessie from Barcelona with Antonio Conte especially asking for his transfer.
Despite impressing over the last few weeks, it is said that Spurs would consider offers for Matt Doherty in this transfer window.
Tottenham have allegedly been monitoring Lecce midfielder Joan Gonzalez, with scouts attending the Serie A’s matches, along with representatives from Everton to run the rule over the former Barcelona 20 year old.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Tottenham midfielder Massimo Luongo has signed a six-month deal with Ipswich Town.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Crystal Palace 4-0 at Selhurst Park tonight. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham’s reported interest in Sporting Lisbon wing-back Pedro Porro is said to have been reduced by the £40 million asking price.
- OTHER NEWS : – Manager Grant McCann has been sacked by Peterborough United and replaced by Darren Ferguson, who will be taking charge of The Posh for the fourth time …
- TEAM NEWS : – Tottenham will monitor Dejan Kulusevski‘s chances of playing at Crystal Palace tomorrow, after he sustained a muscle injury in training. Rodrigo Bentancur is definitely out of the match, joining Lucas Moura and Richarlison on the injured list. Yves Bissouma is suspended for the match at Selhurst Park.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham’s reported interest in Sporting Lisbon wing-back Pedro Porro is said to have been reduced by the £40 million asking price.
Spurs have made a £31 million offer to Barcelona for winger Ferran Torres according to the media today, however, it is believed that the Nou Camp side want nearer £44 million for the former Manchester City man.
Eintracht Frankfurt and Japan midfielder Daichi Kamada has reportedly been approached about a move to Tottenham either for around £12 million in January or for free in the summer, which would see him double his wages to £90,000 a week.
Spurs are also said to be in talks with Angers about a move for Moroccan international Azzedine Ounahi with a fee of £18 million mooted.
The Mancashter United manager seems to want to move Harry Maguire on with the central defender being linked with a move to N17.
- OTHER NEWS : – Portsmouth have sacked manager Danny Cowley today after a poor run of results …
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – It is reported today that Bryan Gil wants to return to play for Valencia, as he is not getting sufficient playing time at Tottenham.
- MEHSTG wishes our readers a HAPPY, HEALTHY AND SUCCESSFUL NEW YEAR !
- FIRST TEAM : – It didn’t get off to a good start with Tottenham losing 0-2 to Aston Villa at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this afternoon. Match Report
Previous White Hot Lines.