This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
Previous White Hot Lines.
- FABIO PARATICI : – The club’s Director of Football has taken immediate leave of absence after his 30 month ban has been extended world-wide and Tottenham received confirmation from FIFA about the terms of the ban. There will be an appeal hearing against the ban on 19th April.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham and Chelsea are said to both be interested in signing Internazionale defender Alessandro Bastoni in the summer.
Barcelona are said to be thinking over a move for Heung-Min Son in the summer, despite their financial problems.
Spurs are thought to be one of the clubs interested in signing England midfielder Mason Mount if Chelsea fail to agree a new contract with him.
The Daily Mail reports that Spurs were considering signing Cristiano Ronaldo at the end of last year, with Antonio Conte and Daniel Levy having held talks about the move before deciding against it.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Shooting up the bookies odds today to be the new Spurs manager is Burnley boss Vincent Kompany. Some reports say he is willing to take the job, while others indicate that he is happy to stay where he is.
Thomas Frank has seemingly turned down the opportunity, with him happy that his future will be with Brentford.
- TEAM NEWS : – The injury list for Tottenham gets longer with Ben Davies and Richarlison being ruled out of Monday’s match at Everton after picking up injuries prior to the international break and Emerson Royal having surgery for a knee injury he got playing for Brazil this week. They join Ryan Sessegnon, Rodrigo Bentancur, Hugo Lloris and Yves Bissouma who have been side-lined for a while. However, Ivan Perisic is said to have got over a knock he picked up playing for Croatia and would be available.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The latest goalkeeper to be linked with Spurs is Mancashter United’s David de Gea, who will be a free agent in the summer.
Tottenham are talking with Barcelona about turning Clement Lenglet‘s loan into a permanent move for 14 million Euros..
- DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL RUMOUR : – With Fabio Paratici‘s position under threat from a world-wide 30 month ban, Tottenham are reportedly thinking of re-hiring Paul Mitchell, who was previously at the club and was responsible for bringing Dele Alli and Heung-Min Son to Spurs.
- FABIO PARATICI : – The club Director of Football has had his ban by the Italian FA extended by FIFA to be world-wide and therefore he will not be able to undertake any position in the game for thirty months. He has appealed against the original decision and is awaiting a hearing on 19th April. Tottenham have contacted FIFA to seek clarification on how the ban will work and why no notice was given to the relevant parties involved.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Cristian Romero was an unused substitute in Argentina’s 7-0 home win in a friendly against Curacao.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – With most media pundits sure that Harry Kane is going to leave Spurs this summer for Mancashter United, the stories have emerged suggesting that the Gold Trafford club are planning an £80 million offer for the Tottenham striker, despite Daniel Levy widely being reported as wanting at least £100 million for the club and country record goal-scorer.
Ipswich Town’s youth team central defender Callum Logan is reported to be a player Tottenham are looking to sign in the summer. Spurs made an approach for the player who had already been capped at Under-17 level by England last summer, but he opted to stay at Portman Road.
Another 16 year old being linked with interest from Tottenham is Hajduk Split’s Luka Vuskovic, who is attracting a lot of attention from Premier League clubs and Paris Saint Germain.
Stuttgart’s attacking wing-back Borna Sosa is in talks with Tottenham about a move to N17 with a fee of £22 million quoted.
It is rumoured in the Daily Express that Cristian Romero and Richarlison were keen to leave Spurs in the summer had Antonio Conte signed an extension to his contract to stay at the THS.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Apart from the long list of options Spurs may wish to appoint as the new manager at the club, Glasgow Celtic’s Ange Postecoglu has been hyped in the media as a potential candidate for the post.
It is reported that Sporting Lisbon Head Coach Ruben Amorim will not take the Spurs job as he is concerned about Daniel Levy‘s ‘tempestuous temper’.
- SIGNING : – Tottenham have a pre-signing agreement with 16 year old Manchester City Academy striker Herbie James who is reported to have agreed a three-year contract and will join the club in the summer.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Julian Nagelsmann is reported as having been approached about the job at Tottenham, but other names being added to the supposed list of names being considered are Paris Saint Germain’s Christophe Galtier, former Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane. Niko Kovac of Vfl Wolfsburg has said he could not take the Spurs job and when he was allegedly approached about the post, he said it would be impossible for him to accept, with the same going for Roberto de Zerbi of Brighton & Hove Albion according to some reports today.
Both Julian Nagelsmann and Mauricio Pochettino could wait until the summer to decide if they want to consider the Spurs job, as Real Madrid are interested in both managers and Chelsea also keen on the German should they dismiss Graham Potter.
Having left the club, the issues behind Antonio Conte‘s departure are now being revealed. After one training session, the Head Coach locked the players in the dressing room and demanded answers about why they were not getting results, leaving them to sort out the problems. Apparently, the players criticised the negative tactics being employed and wanted a more attacking style, which was implemented and Spurs won three games on the trot, but then dropped back after losing 1-4 to Leicester City and 0-1 to AC Milan. It is also reported that he made the squad undertake a 2km run before matches and he brought training forward from 14.00 to 11.00 the day after the 0-2 away defeat by Sporting Lisbon, after the squad had returned home in the early hours of the morning. Changing training times more regularly created an atmosphere where players were unable to plan activities outside of the game, such as family commitments or sponsorship and club duties. Boring training routines, criticism of diets and players taking too long to be ready to come onto the pitch when called from the bench also annoyed players. It is also claimed that in the last few months, Conte and Daniel Levy were hardly speaking to each other, with both seeing the parting of the ways in the summer as neither side was looking to prolong the Head Coach’s stay in N17.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – 20 year old Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund is attracting interest from Spurs and a number of other Premier League clubs.
Enzo Le Fee, a 23 year old midfielder at Lorient, is catching the eye of a number of Premier League clubs, including Tottenham.
Antonio Conte favourite Ivan Perisic is rumoured to be ready to leave Spurs in the summer.
Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea and Mancashter United are all supposedly interested in signing Brighton & Hove Albion’s young forward Evan Ferguson, but the player looks keen to stay at the Amex to progress his career..
- INTERNATIONALS : – Scotland beat Spain 2-0 in a Euro 204 qualifier at home tonight and Pedro Porro started the match, but was substituted at half-time.
Joe Rodon played all of Wales’ 1-0 home European Championship qualifier over Latvia tonight.
Pape Matar Sarr played 64 minutes of Senegal’s 1-0 away win over Mozambique in the African Cup of Nations qualifier.
Croatia beat Turkey 2-0 away in a Euro 2024 qualifier and Ivan Perisic played, but left the field injured in the second minute of added time at the end of the match to be substituted.
Davinson Sanchez was in the Colombia side that beat Japan 2-1 away in a friendly, playing the whole match.
South Korea lost 1-2 at home in a friendly against Uruguay, with captain Heung-Min Son completing the game.
Oliver Skipp was an unused substitute as England Under-21s lost a friendly with Croatia 1-2 at tonight, but Djed Spence came on as a 62nd minute substitute at Craven Cottage tonight.
Alfie Devine played all of England Under-20s 1-1 draw with France in Marbella, while Dane Scarlett came off the bench in the 64th minute.
- UNDER-21s : – Tottenham Under-21s’ home fixture against Wolverhampton Wanderers will be played at Colchester United’s Jobserve Community stadium on Good Friday 7th April with a 13.00 kick off.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Estonia lost in Austria to a late goal, going down 1-2, with Maksim Paskotsi playing the whole of the Euro 2024 qualifying match.
Dejan Kulusevski played 82 minutes of Sweden’s 5-0 home win over Azerbaijan in their Euro 2024 qualifier.
England Under-18s beat Switzerland 3-1 in Croatia in a friendly with Luca Gunter playing the whole match, while George Abbott played the last 26 minutes of the match as a substitute.
Destiny Udogie played all of Italy Under-21s’ 3-1 win over Ukraine in a friendly.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Spurs are allegedly interested in signing Fulham’s Serbian striker Aleksander Mitrovic.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Julian Nagelsmann is said to only be interested in taking over at Tottenham in the summer if they qualify for the Champions League.
Antonio Conte‘s brother Gianluca was the only member of his backroom staff to leave following the sacking of the Head Coach..
- INJURY NEWS : – Emerson Royal will be undergoing surgery on his knee, which he injured in Brazil’s friendly against Morocco on Saturday. It is thought that he may be back in action before the end of the season.
- OTHER NEWS : – Rochdale sacked manager Jim Bentley today …
- ANTONIO CONTE : – The Spurs Head Coach has left the club by mutual consent (probably shorthand for an agreed sum) after 16 months in charge. Cristian Stellini will take his place until the end of the season, assisted by Ryan Mason.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Harry Kane was on the score-sheet again, netting once in the 81 minutes he played of England’s 2-0 win over Ukraine in the Euro 2024 qualifier at Wembley. Eric Dier and Fraser Forster were unused substitutes.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg played all of Denmark’s shock 2-3 defeat in Kazakhstan in European Championship qualifying.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Nottingham Forest’s Welsh international striker Brennan Johnson is a player that Tottenham are still watching and may be considering a summer move for.
The Sunday Mirror claims Spurs are in talks with the agents of Sporting Lisbon midfielder Manuel Ugarte about a move in the summer.
Should South Coast Big Club be relegated this season, Tottenham are expected to try to sign their England midfielder James Ward-Prowse.
- INJURY NEWS : – Having been substituted late on in Brazil’s friendly against Morocco last night, Emerson Royal may have picked up a knee injury as he was limping after the match.
- MANAGER RUMOUR : – A new name has surprisingly been thrown into the ring to take over from Antonio Conte, with Feyenoord manager Arne Slot being touted as a new candidate for the Tottenham job.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Croatia hosted Wales in a Euro 2024 qualifier and the game ended in a 1-1 draw. Ivan Perisic started for Croatia, playing 90 minutes, with Joe Rodon seeing out the whole game for Wales.
Pedro Porro was an unused substitute in Spain’s 3-0 home Euro 2024 qualifier win against Norway.
Brazil played a friendly in Morocco tonight and their 1-2 defeat featured Emerson Royal, who was substituted in second half injury time.
England Under-21s’ 4-0 win over France had two Spurs players in the line-up from the start, with Oliver Skipp being substituted in the 72nd minute and Djed Spence in the 78th.
The England Under-18 team beat USA 4-2 in Marbella, with Dane Scarlett coming off the bench in the72nd minute and Alfie Devine after 61 minutes.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Apparently, there is strong stories that Tottenham want to sign Sporting Lisbon’s Uruguayan midfielder Manuel Ugarte in the summer.
Spurs, along with a couple more Premier League clubs, are said to be interested in signing PSV midfielder Ibrahima Sangare in the summer, even though the Ivory Coast international has recently signed a new deal with the Dutch club.
Villarreal central defender Pau Torres is apparently a target for Tottenham, who have reportedly made an enquiry about his availability, with the 26 year old rated at 45 million Euros.
Speculation is circulating in the media from an anonymous source that Hugo Lloris will be sold in the summer, with Tottenham actively looking for a replacement.
Rumours reckon that Tottenham will be looking to re-sign Kyle Walker-Peters from South Coast Big Club at the end of the season.
Spurs are said to be ahead of Mancashter United in the race to sign Crystal Palace central defender Marc Guehi, although other articles claim Tottenham are £20 million short of what Palace are asking for the England international.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Former Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel claims that he was very close to taking over from Antonio Conte before he took the post at Bayern Munich.
Teddy Sheringham believes that Spurs should sack Conte now and bring in Tim Sherwood !
- INTERNATIONALS : – Heung-Min Son played the 90 minutes and scored twice in Jurgen Klinsmann‘s first game in charge of South Korea in a 2-2 home draw with Colombia. Davinson Sanchez was an unused substitute for Colombia.
Dejan Kulusevski was in the Sweden side for the whole game as they lost 0-3 at home to Belgium in their Euro 2024 qualifying match.
Italy Under-21s 2-0 away win in Serbia saw Destiny Udogie not being required from the bench in the friendly match.
Senegal beat Mozambique 5-1 in a African Cup of Nations qualifier with Pape Matar Sarr starting before being substituted in the 65th minute.
England Under-18s were beaten 0-3 by Belgium in a friendly in Croatia this morning, with George Abbott being used as a 60th minute substitute and Luca Gunter not being called upon from the substitutes bench.
- FIXTURE CONFIRMATION : – Tottenham’s match at St. James Park against Newcash United will take place on Sunday 23rd April with a kick off set for 14.00. The game will be televised live on Sky Sports.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Harry Kane netted from the penalty spot to help England to a 2-1 win in Naples against Italy in their Euro 2024 qualifier tonight, as he captained his side through the whole match. His goal makes him the all-time leading England goal-scorer with 54 goals. Eric Dier and Fraser Forster were unused substitutes.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg played all of Denmark’s 3-1 home win over Finland in their Euro 2024 group qualifier tonight.
Maksim Paskotsi played the whole of Estonia’s 0-1 friendly defeat in Hungary tonight.
Argentina beat Panama in a friendly and earned a 2-0 home win, with Cristian Romero playing the whole match.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – It is reported that Tottenham have made an enquiry of Manchester City about the availability of their central defender Ayemric Laporte.
- FRIENDLY : – A Tottenham XI took on a full strength Ipswich Town side at Hotspur way in a friendly and lost 2-3 to the Suffolk side. Lucas Moura and Japhet Tanganga scored for Tottenham, with Connor Chaplin netting a hat-trick for the visitors.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – With Bayern Munich sacking Julian Nagelsmann, the rumours about Tottenham making N17 his next stop are starting to gather pace. .
- PRE-SEASON TOUR NEWS : – Tottenham will play West Ham United London in Perth, Australia on Tuesday 18th July as part of their Asia-Pacific pre-season tour. The kick off time will be announced when confirmed and there will be visits to two other cities in Asia to complete the tour.
- INJURY UPDATE : – It is claimed that Ben Davies may miss up to six weeks after sustaining a hamstring injury in the match last Saturday.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – It is reported today that Tottenham are interested in Paris Saint Germain and former Swansea City midfielder Renato Sanches, along with a number of other clubs.
Chelsea, Mancashter United and Tottenham are said to be keen on signing Internazionale goalkeeper Andre Onana.
Tottenham’s interest in Manchester United’s on loan goalkeeper Dean Henderson at Nottingham Forest has been linked with it being a sweetener for the Old Trafford club to sign Harry Kane.
Bayer Leverkusen’s 19 year old midfielder Florian Wirtz is a target for Tottenham, Mancashter City and Woolwich Wanderers.
- UNDER-18s : – Villa Park will stage the Under-18 Premier League Cup final when Spurs take on Aston Villa on Thursday 4th May with the match kicking off at 19.00.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Dane Scarlett and Alfie Devine both played 70 minutes of the England Under-20s 2-0 friendly win over Germany at the Manchester City Academy stadium.
George Abbott made his first appearance for England Under-20s and played 61 minutes as they won 2-1 away in Croatia. Luca Gunter was an unused substitute.
Troy Parrott came on as a 73rd minute substitute in the Republic of Ireland’s 3-2 friendly win over Latvia in Dublin tonight.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – If Ryan Mason replaces Antonio Conte as Spurs Head Coach temporarily, it is speculated that he may add Jermain Defoe and Michel Vorm to his coaching team. Rumours are circulating that one of the reasons that Conte has been dissatisfied with the situation at Tottenham was because Spurs refused to sign Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku (30) and Internazionale defender Stefan de Vrij (31) who he believed could trigger a change in the teams direction, but it appears that he did not understand the club’s policy on buying older players. Some stories claim that Conte’s presence at the club is affecting morale amongst the squad and that his removal may come during the international break, because the situation is not going to be allowed to fester. Other stories claim Fabio Paratici may leave at the same time. However, reports that negotiations over a compensation package (supposedly for Conte and his staff, although it wouldn’t be unreasonable to think it should be for THFC) might not be completed until the talks are held face-to-face, which would be when Conte returns from Italy. Meanwhile, Harry Redknapp has thrown his hat into the ring to take the reins. Expect Tim Sherwood to throw his gilet in soon.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are believed to be asking for £100 million in one lump payment up front if they are to sell Harry Kane in the summer.
Spurs and Chelsea are said to be ready to battle for the signing of Juventus winger Filip Kostic.
SSC Napoli are keen to keep Tanguy Ndombele, who is on loan at the Serie A leaders, but they don’t want to pay the option of the £25 million purchase price.
Ivan Perisic may seek a return to Internazionale in the summer after allegations that he may not have settled into English football.
Tottenham are reported to be interested in Brighton & Hove Albion’s young striker Evan Ferguson, who is also attracting attention from Newcash United.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs striker Emmanuel Adebayor has announced his retirement from football aged 39.
Ex-Spurs full back Chris Gunter has joined the Wales coaching staff, as well as holding down his player-coach role at AFC Wimbledon.
- OTHER NEWS : – Crystal Palace have appointed former manager Roy Hodgson in charge until the end of the season …
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Antonio Conte has flown to Italy amidst the controversy over his comments following Saturday’s match. It is claimed that he is not looking to be sacked, but reports that several of the players are unhappy about what he said and that he did so in a media conference may mean that the manager is sacked within the next week according to reports this evening. As it is an international break, it gives the club time to speak to interested parties, with Mauricio Pochettino said to be willing to return to the job he left in November 2019, while Eintracht Frankfurt Head Coach Oliver Glasner is said to have been contacted by Spurs. Another thought that has been floated is that Ryan Mason will take the manager’s place until the summer, as he did after Jose Mourinho‘s departure. However, news from Portugal claims that Sporting Lisbon Head Coach, Ruben Amorim, is said to be ready to take a job in the Premier League.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Leeds United and Tottenham could go head-to-head in the summer to try to sign Internazionale’s Turkish midfielder Hakan Calhanoglou.
AC Milan are rumoured to want to take Dejan Kulusevski on loan with an option to buy the Swedish winger from Tottenham in the summer, if Spurs complete the deal to purchase the 22 year old.
Both Milan clubs and Tottenham are said to be interested in Red Bull Salzburg forward Noah Okafor, with the Swiss international rated as being worth between 20 million and 25 million Euros>
Tottenham may be monitoring the return to action of Aston Villa Academy midfielder Travis Patterson, with the 17 year old of interest to the club before he sustained an injury this season that has ruled him out until now.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Ben Davies and Richarlison, who both had to leave the field after injuries in the first half of Saturday’s match, have pulled out of the Wales and Brazil squads respectively.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham will contend with Manchester United to sign SSC Napoli’s South Korean defender Kim Min-Jae.
Spurs are linked with a move for Atletico Madrid’s Argentine midfielder Roberto de Paul in the summer.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Antonio Conte was explaining to the club’s hierarchy after yesterday’s game that his comments were aimed at the players and not the board, but rumours today claim that he may be sacked, with Ryan Mason taking over for the rest of the season. It is reported today the the Tottenham players will not be too distressed if Conte was to leave after his public criticism of them yesterday.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Fraser Forster has been called into the England squad for the Euro 2024 qualifiers against Italy and Ukraine as Newcash United keeper Nick Pope has had to drop out with an “injury”.
- OTHER NEWS : – Tranmere Rovers sacked their manager Micky Mellon today …
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham drew 3-3 with South Coast Big Club at St. Mary’s this afternoon. Match Report.
- UNDER-18s : – Spurs U18s beat Woolwich Wanderers 3-2 at Hotspur Way this morning. Rio Kyerematen scored the opening goal and Jamie Donley grabbed two – one a penalty – to take the three points for Tottenham.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Stuttgart defender Borno Sosa has apparently hired a new agent and is in talks about signing for Tottenham before the start of next season.
Liverpool and Spurs are keen on signing Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Portuguese midfielder Ruben Neves in the summer.
- ANTONIO CONTE : – Following today’s game, Antonio Conte launched a 10-minute verbal outburst aimed at the club, the players and the board about the lack of ambition/determination/togetherness being at the root for not winning anything in “20 years” [Conte’s words].
- ACADEMY STAFF RUMOUR : – A report has emerged today that claims Academy manager Dean Rastrick will leave the club at the end of the season after 13 years with Spurs to take up a senior role in the youth set-up at the FA under former Spurs Academy Director John McDermott.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Real Madrid are reported to be watching Harry Kane‘s situation with a view to making a move for the England striker.
Liverpool and Tottenham are said to be going head-to-head to sign Fiorentina’s Moroccan international midfielder Sofyan Amrabat.
- UNDER-21s : – The Under-21 side beat Leicester City 3-1 at Stevenage tonight, with goals from Alfie Devine, Malachi Fagan-Walcott and Romaine Mundle secured the Premier League 2 victory.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Bryan Gil has been called into the Spain squad for their Euro 2024 qualifiers against Norway and Scotland.
The England Under-21 squad to face France and Croatia in friendlies this month includes Djed Spence and Oliver Skipp.
Dane Scarlett is in the England Under-20 squad to face Germany, the United States and France in U20 World Cup qualifying, along with Alfie Devine.
Croatia, Belgium and Switzerland are the opponents for England U18s in their week long stay in Croatia, with goalkeeper Luca Gunter and striker Jamie Donley picked in the squad.
- OTHER NEWS : – Crystal Palace sacked their manager Patrick Vieira today …
- TEAM NEWS : – The long-term injuries to Hugo Lloris, Yves Bissouma, Rodrigo Bentancur and Ryan Sessegnon will side-line them for tomorrow’s match at South Coast Big Club and Emerson Royal is unlikely to be ready to return after picking up a knock in the game against AC Milan.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Barcelona and former Mancashter City winger Ferran Torres is a player Spurs are reported to have made an enquiry about, with the 23 year old having struggled since leaving the Etihad. He would cost around £48 million, but the media have linked him with potentially linking up with ex-Spain manager Luis Enrique, whose daughter he is currently in a relationship with.
A worrying piece of speculation in today’s rumour mill is Tottenham’s interest in signing Leeds United’s dodgy central defender Robin Koch in the summer.
- INTERNATIONALS : – England have included Eric Dier and Harry Kane for their Euro 2024 qualifiers against Italy and Ukraine this month.
Troy Parrott has been selected for the Republic of Ireland squad for matches in the Euro 2024 qualifying tournament against Latvia and France.
The Wales squad for Euro 2024 qualifying matches against Croatia and Latvia include Joe Rodon and Ben Davies.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg has been included in the Denmark squad to face Finland and Kazakhstan in their qualifying matches for Euro 2024.
- CONTRACT : – Academy striker Jamie Donley has signed a new contract with the club that runs until 2027.
- EX-SPURS : – Danny Rose is reported to be training with York City to regain his fitness.
In Turkey, Dele Alli has been told to watch Besiktas matches from in the stands for the rest of the season as manager Senol Gunes has said to have excluded him from the team’s squad for the last two months of the campaign.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are said to be ready to make a double move into the Bundesliga to sign midfielder Julian Brandt of Borussia Dortmund and Josko Gvardiol, the RB Leipzig central defender.
Tottenham’s interest in AC Milan goalkeeper Mike Maignan has increased after his performance at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium in the Second leg of the Round of 16 Champions League.
Spurs may have to battle Everton to sign Udinese central defender Rodrigo Becao.
An Italian source claims that Spurs could have signed Paul Pogba on a free transfer when he left Mancashter United, but Antonio Conte rejected the idea.
Should there be no change in the manager’s office, Tottenham may make a move for Nicolo Barella, a midfielder that Conte likes very much, with the 26 year old Italian international thought to be valued at £62 million.
Ajax, Nottingham Forest, Marseille and Tottenham have approached Steve Biko FC about signing Gambian 18 year old goal-scoring striker Adama Bojang.
Spurs are linked with a summer move for VfB Stuttgart defender Borno Sosa with Real Sociedad and Sevilla also said to be monitoring his situation.
Brighton and Hove Albion’s World Cup winning Argentine midfielder Alexis MacAllister is reported as being ready to leave the Seagulls in the summer, with a number of Premier League clubs mooted as being interested in signing him, including Tottenham.
Valencia goalkeeper Giorgi Mamardashvili is one of a number of names being rumoured as Tottenham targets to replace Hugo Lloris. Diogo Costa of FC Porto is another and reports state that Spurs have sent scouts to watch him in action.
Newcash United winger Allan Saint-Maximin is supposedly going to be sold in the summer, with Tottenham’s interest in the Frenchman linked with a move for him.
20 year old Celta Vigo midfielder Gabri Veiga is said to be a player Spurs are interested in, but he said that his dream is to join Woolwich Wanderers, but their is a host of other Premier League clubs linked with him.
Adrian Blake, Watford’s 17 year old winger, is reported to be a youngster that Tottenham are keeping tabs on.
Antonio Conte is still said to be interested in buying midfielder Franck Kessie from Barcelona, despite rumours of his departure from N17.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Former Spurs midfielder and Middlesbrough boss Michael Carrick is the latest manager under consideration for the post at Tottenham according to speculation today. Meanwhile, talks at Fulham to secure the services of their manager Marco Silva on a longer term contract are said to have stalled, with rumours that he is near the top of Tottenham’s list to replace Antonio Conte should he depart.
- BACKROOM STAFF RUMOUR : – Liverpool, Mancashter United and Tottenham are apparently looking to bring in former Bayer Leverkusen recruitment expert Tim Steidten, having left the German club two days ago.
- CONTRACTS : – Welsh youth internationals midfielder George Abbott and defender Will Andiyapan have signed his first professional contracts with Tottenham.
- OTHER SPURS HEADLINES : – Troy Parrott and Harry Winks have said that nobody from Tottenham has spoke to them while they have been on loan away from the THS …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – It is rumoured that Mancashter United are unwilling to do battle with Daniel Levy for the signing of Spurs striker Harry Kane this summer, so are looking elsewhere for forward reinforcements. Tottenham are reported not to be interested in selling their all-time leading goal-scorer in the close season and are seeking to secure him on a new contract.
Tottenham and Newcash United are monitoring Benfica striker Goncalo Ramos, who could cost £105.6 million.
now that Atalanta are said to be willing to sell 22 year old defender Merih Demiral in the summer for £22 million, Spurs are being linked with a move for the Turkish international.
Tottenham and a number of clubs across the continent are looking at striker Marcus Thuram of Borussia Monchengladbach, who will be a free agent in the summer.
- MANAGER RUMOUR : – Luis Enrique, the former Spain manager, is reported to be willing to take the Spurs job if Antonio Conte leaves and the offer is made to him. It is also claimed that Fabio Paratici would be keen to engage the ex-Barcelona boss.
- AWARD : – Heung-Min Son has won the Goal of the Season section at the London Football Awards for his first goal against Leicester City after coming on as a substitute in the 6-2 victory on 17th September.
- UNDER-18s : – Tottenham’s Under-18s beat Sheffield United 1-0 away this afternoon in the U18 Premier League Cup semi-final with Rio Kyerematen scoring the only goal in the last minute of the match played in snow.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs midfielder Tanguy Ndombele – currently on loan to SSC Napoli – is reported to possibly be used as a swap for Internazionale midfielder Marcelo Brozovic.
Tottenham are said to be soon to make an offer to Aston Villa for their Argentinian goalkeeper Emi Martinez.
- MANAGER RUMOUR : – Former Spurs striker turned TalkSport radio presenter Alan Brazil claims that Spurs have made an approach to Burnley manager Vincent Kompany with a view to appointing him in Antonio Conte‘s place should the current Head Coach leave. However, Brazil could not reveal who told him and it seems like one good season in the Championship might be a risk too far for Tottenham to take.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The Sun reports that Spurs are keen on signing Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford even though he recently signed a new contract with the Toffees.
Leeds United have set a price tag of over £30 million for their goalkeeper Illan Meslier if he was to leave Elland Road.
Spurs are one of a few Premier League clubs who may be interested in signing midfielder Joao Palhinha, who Fulham value at £40 million.
15 year old Athletico-PR striker Otàvio is being monitored by Tottenham, as he is yet to sign a professional contract with the Brazilian club.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Should Tottenham move for Sporting Lisbon Head Coach Ruben Amorim to replace Antonio Conte, he would cost 20 million Euros. Alternatively, Roberto De Zerbi of Brighton would come in at half that price.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Nottingham Forest 3-1 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this afternoon. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Real Madrid have Richarlison on their list of players to replace Karim Benzema and Juventus are keen too, as they may have to sign someone to take the place of Dusan Vlahovic.
Harry Kane is said to be Manchester United’s top summer transfer target, but he may be instrumental about the future direction Spurs take, with it being thought that he, Hugo Lloris and Eric Dier will be consulted about any changes at management level.
- Tottenham are claimed to be desperate to sign RB Leipzig defender Josko Gvardiol.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Should Antonio Conte leave Tottenham, it is rumoured that he will take over at his former club Internazionale, who may sack current boss Simone Inzaghi, although other stories reckon his fractious relationship with the owners at the club may prevent his return. Other articles claim Conte might take over at AS Roma, who might dismiss their manager Jose Mourinho.
- OTHER SPURS HEADLINES : – Antonio Conte has reportedly left Daniel Levy fuming with comments claiming he has not been backed as Spurs manager … .
- OTHER NEWS : – Liam Manning has been named as the new Head Coach of Oxford United ….
- TEAM NEWS : – Ivan Perisic and Emerson Royal will have fitness tests tomorrow after picking up knocks in Wednesday’s match. Hugo Lloris, Rodrigo Bentancur, Ryan Sessegnon and Yves Bissouma are all injured and unavailable.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Uli Hoeness, the Bayern Munich chairman has said it would be awesome if they could sign Harry Kane and that the day that they will pay 100 million Euros for a player is close. Meanwhile, Chelsea owner Todd Boehly is said to be ready to buy Kane in the summer.
Juventus are apparently looking at signing Richarlison in the summer.
Tottenham are linked with a move for Stanislav Lobotka, SSC Napoli’s Slovakian midfielder as it may oil the wheels to get Luciano Spalletti to come to N17 as the club’s new manager. It is said he would cost £53 million.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Both Brighton boss Roberto de Zerbi and Thomas Frank of Brentford have said that they are happy where they are with rumours circulating that they are on a shortlist that Tottenham have devised to replace Antonio Conte. Meanwhile, it is said that Sporting Director Fabio Paratici would prefer SSC Napoli manager Luciano Spalletti to come in should Conte leave. Even though Thomas Tuchel claims to have been a Spurs fan when young, he is reported to have concerns about taking the job as he might not be able to win things like he has at his other clubs, where he has been given shedloads of cash to spend. A left field suggestion in The Times is that Tottenham will re-visit appointing current Lille manager Paulo Fonseca as the new manager if Conte does not stay in the post. However, in today’s press conference, Antonio said he was ready to die for the club until the end.
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR STADIUM : – John McGinn, the Aston Villa midfielder has named the THS as his favourite stadium to play at. “Going to Tottenham, they’ve got the Molton Brown hand wash, the pitch is always amazing, the match is always a sell-out, I just really enjoy playing at Spurs’ stadium.” Nice to know those little touches make all the difference !
- OTHER SPURS HEADLINES … Heung-Min Son is rumoured to be unhappy about his role at the club with the ‘negative’ tactics not suiting his game … Harry Kane will have talks with the club at the end of the season … Antonio Conte said Richarlison had been ‘selfish’ with his comments about not being given playing time, but the Brazilian had apologised for his outburst …
- EX-SPURS : – Gary Lineker has been asked to ‘step back’ from presenting Match of the Day after comments on social media about the Government’s policy on illegal immigrants.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – 23 year old FC Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa is the latest man between the posts to be linked with interest from Tottenham.
The interest that Spurs have in AS Roma’s Brazilian defender Roger Ibanez is set to continue through to the summer according to news today.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – The latest suspect to be added to the media’s list of managers to replace Antonio Conte is Fulham boss Marco Silva, along with Glasgow Celtic manager Ange Postecoglu, Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers, Sporting Lisbon Head Coach Ruben Amorim and former Spain manager Luis Enrique.
- OTHER SPURS HEADLINES … Danny Rose slams Daniel Levy over transfer record … Richarlison has hit out at Antonio Conte about not getting enough playing time … Ryan Mason seen being astounded by Antonio Conte‘s substitution of Dejan Kulusevski with Davinson Sanchez with Spurs chasing a goal last night … Spurs players are begging Mauricio Pochettino to return as manager … Antonio Conte‘s training methods are apparently not going down well with Tottenham’s players, who think they are too rigid …
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs full back Chris Gunter has announced his retirement from international football after winning 109 caps for Wales.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham drew 0-0 with AC Milan at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the Round of 16 Second Leg and were knocked out 0-1 on aggregate. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic has been linked with being a Tottenham transfer target.
Spurs are rumoured to be interested in South Coast Big Club’s midfielder James Ward-Prowse and defender Mohamed Salisu.
27 year old Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot is a player Tottenham and a number of other clubs are interested in as his contract expires this summer.
- EX-SPURS : – Scott Parker has been sacked by Club Brugge after 12 games as their manager.
- TEAM NEWS : – Eric Dier will be suspended for tomorrows match against AC Milan after picking up his second yellow car din the Champions Legaue in the first leg. The rest of the squad remain available other than the long term injured players – Hugo Lloris, Rodrigo Bentancur, Yves Bissouma and Ryan Sessegnon.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs and a host of other clubs had scouts at Red Bull Salzburg’s match at the weekend to watch striker Benjamin Sesko net a hat-trick away at Rapid Vienna.
Some reports claim Harry Kane is in talks about a £100 million transfer to Mancashter United.
AS Roma central defender Gianluca Mancini could be a transfer target for Tottenham in the summer according to sources in Italy.
Tottenham representatives were in attendance at Benfica’s match on Friday, along with scouts form Liverpool, to watch Antonio Silva – a 19 year old central defender – and 23 year old defensive midfielder Florentino Luis.
Spurs are one of a number of clubs interested in signing 21 year old Ajax defender Jurrien Timber in the summer.
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR STADIUM : – Having started selling tickets for an added date at the THS for a Beyonce concert, the club have done so without a licence for the event.
- OTHER NEWS : – Watford have sacked Head Coach Slaven Bilic and replaced him with Chris Wilder …
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Nottingham Forest and Tottenham are set to go head-to-head for the signing of 18 year-old striker Adama Bojang, who scored a hat-trick in the AFCON Under-20 finals and plays for Steve Biko FC in Gambia.
- BOARDROOM APPOINTMENT : – Spurs appointed former Manchester United Chief Strategy Officer Hemen Tseayo as the club’s Strategic Development Director and he has been working at the THS since mid-November.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are believed to be in contention with AS Roma for Empoli goalkeeper Gugliermo Vicario.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – If Antonio Conte leaves Spurs in the summer, rumours today claim Mauricio Pochettino, Nottingham Forest boss Steve Cooper and Eintracht Frankfurt manager Oliver Glasner are all among the candidates to be considered to take over.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 0-1 to Wolverhampton Wanderers this afternoon at Molineux. Match Report.
- UNDER-18s : – The Spurs Under-18 team came back from 0-2 down at half-time to beat Crystal Palace 4-2 thanks to goals from Rio Kyerematen, Tyrese Hall and two from Callum Olusesi.
- TEAM NEWS : – Spurs will again be without Rodrigo Bentancur, Yves Bissouma and Hugo Lloris after their operations and Ryan Sessegnon misses the match with a hamstring injury. The rest of the squad are all available for the game at Molineux against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- ANTONIO CONTE : – Currently recuperating in Italy after his gallbladder removal operation, Antonio Conte is set to be back with the club on Sunday.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are reported, in news coming from Germany today, to be the destination that midfielder Julian Brandt is thinking of should he leave Borussia Dortmund.
- UNDER-21s : – Spurs Under-21s lost 3-4 at Fulham tonight, despite scoring through Yago Santiago, Jude Soonsup-Bell and Charlie Sayers.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – AS Roma and Spurs are reported to be interested in signing Borussia Monchengladbach defender Nico Elvedi, who will be available on a free transfer in the summer. The 26 year old is a Swiss international.
Wolverhampton Wanderers are our next opponents, so the media launch a rumour that Spurs and Liverpool are interested in signing defender Max Kilman in the summer.
Tottenham are being linked with South Coast Big Club’s midfielder James Ward-Prowse following reports that his club may be willing to sell the England international.
Renewed interest in Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha is reported in the media today.
Winger Gerard Deulofeu of Udinese may be a plyer that Tottenham return to sign in the summer after a deal fell through in January when he got injured.
- OTHER NEWS : – Colchester United have appointed Ben Garner as the club’s new manager …