This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
Previous White Hot Lines
- WORLD CUP : – Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg played all of Denmark’s Group D match against Australia that ended 0-1 meaning that the Danes are out of the World Cup.
Tunisia beat France 1-0 in the other Group D game with Hugo Lloris an unused substitute, as the French side was much changed having already qualified.
Cristian Romero played all of the Group C match that saw Argentina qualify for the Round of 16 with a 2-0 win over Poland.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – 30 year old Aston Villa and Argentina goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez is said to be a player Tottenham are keen on signing.
- JUVENTUS SCANDAL : – It is reported that an arrest warrant is being prepared for Fabio Paratici and 15 others over the investigation into “obstruction of financial authorities, making false statements and falsifying paperwork” over transfers in and out of the Turin club.
- WORLD CUP : – Harry Kane played 58 minutes of England’s 4-1 Group B win over Wales tonight, while Joe Rodon played all 90 minutes and Ben Davies 59 minutes for Wales.
Pape Matar Sarr was an unused substitute as Senegal beat Ecuador 2-1 in Group A to set up a Round of 16 meeting with England.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Bayern Munich are reported by Sky Sports Germany to be looking into a deal to sign Harry Kane for between 80 million and 100 million Euros. Real Madrid are also claimed to be keen on the 29 year old striker.
Apparently, Spurs have made enquiries with Internazionale about signing right wing-back Denzel Dumfries in January.
- UNDER-18s : – Tottenham’s Under-18s beat Norwich City 3-0 at Hotspur Way this afternoon with goals from Jaden Williams, Oliver Irow and Jamie Donley.
- OTHER NEWS : – Wigan Athletic have appointed Kolo Toure as their new manager ...
- FA CUP : – In the Third Round of the FA Cup, Tottenham have been drawn at home to Portsmouth of League One with the match to take place between the 6th and 9th January 2023.
- FIXTURE ARRANGED : – Tottenham’s away match at Mancashter City, postponed due to the Queen’s death, has been re-arranged for Thursday 19th January 2023 with a 20.00 kick-off. The match will be shown live on Sky Sports.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are said to be ready to pip Chelsea to the signing of RB Leipzig central defender Josko Gvardiol.
An odd rumour is linking Spurs with a January move for Fiorentina and Moroccan midfielder Sofyan Amrabat.
Speculation links Real Madrid with an interest in signing Richarlison.
- WORLD CUP : – Heung-Min Son played all of South Korea’s 2-3 defeat by Ghana in Group H of the World Cup this afternoon.
Rodrigo Bentancur was also in action in Group H, playing all of Uruguay’s 0-2 defeat by Portugal.
- OTHER NEWS : – AFC Bournemouth have appointed interim manager Gary O’Neil on a permanent basis … QPR manager Michael Beale has left the club to take over as the boss of Glasgow Rangers …
- MAURICE NORMAN : – Tottenham centre half during the period from 1955 to 1966 Maurice Norman died today aged 88. MEHSTG’s thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time.
- WORLD CUP : – Ivan Perisic played 86 minutes of Croatia’s 4-1 Group F win over Canada tonight.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are being linked with Empoli goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario.
Andreas Skov Olsen, the 22 year old Danish Club Brugge winger, is said to be being monitored by Tottenham.
Spurs, Woolwich Wanderers and Chelsea are looking to sign Bayer Leverkusen’s 20 year old Ecuador international central defender Piero Hincapie after the World Cup.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Tottenham winger Matthew Etherington has left his post as Peterborough United Undfer-21 coach to take over as manager of Crawley Town, with the club choosing him to replace interim manager Lewis Young. Ex-Spurs midfielder Simon Davies has joined his former team-mate as assistant manager.
- WORLD CUP : – Cristian Romero was a 69th minute substitute in Argentina’s 2-0 win over Mexico tonight in a Group C match.
In France’s 2-1 win over Denmark in Group D tonight, Hugo Lloris captained the winning side, while Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg played the whole match for the opposition.
- UNDER-18s : – The Under-18 side won 3-1 away at Crystal Palace today in the Premier Under-18 League with the goals scored by Jamie Donley, Jaden Williams and Will Lankshear.
- WORLD CUP : – Ben Davies and Joe Rodon played all of Wales’ 0-2 defeat by Iran in Group B this morning.
Pape Matar Sarr came off the bench for Senegal in the 78th minute in their 3-1 win over Qatar in Group A this afternoon.
England’s 0-0 draw with USA in Group B saw Harry Kane captain the side and Eric Dier remained an unused substitute.
- WORLD CUP : – Heung Min-Son and Rodrigo Bentancur played for South Korea and Uruguay in the Group H 0-0 draw this afternoon.
Richarlison scored twice in his 79 minutes playing for Brazil in their 2-0 win over Serbia in Group G of the World Cup tonight.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Speculation today relates a Spurs interest in 27 year old Juventus and France midfielder Adrien Rabiot, who could be available on a free transfer in the summer and wants between £166,000 and £195,000 a week.
Atletico Madrid, AC Milan and Tottenham are reported to be interested in Poland’s 22 year old defender Jakob Kiwior, who plays for Spezia in Italy.
Liverpool and Manchester City have joined Tottenham in the race to sign Atalanta youngster Giorgio Scalvini, an 18 year old central defender, who Spurs were trying to include in a double deal with Ruslan Malinovsky for a total of £30 million.
Having finally kicked Cristiano Ronaldo out of Old Trafford, Mancashter United are keen to sign Harry Kane, with Chelsea thinking of buying the Spurs striker after deciding against signing Ronaldo.
Tottenham’s interest in Denmark and Atalanta right wing back Joakim Maehle has been reported today with West Ham United London and Juventus also keen on signing the 25 year old.
- TOTTENHAM REGENERATION : – Tottenham Hotspur in conjunction with F3 architects have won a planning appeal to build a 867 home development on the former site of the former Sainsbury’s site on Fore Street (“The Depot” opposite Brantwood Road), “The Printworks” (at Brunswick Square off the High Road) and the plot of land behind that running alongside the railway line running out of White Hart Lane to Enfield Town (“The Goods Yard” at 36 and 44-52 White Hart Lane).
- WORLD CUP : – Ivan Perisic played in Croatia’s 0-0 draw with Morocco in Group F of the World Cup today, being substituted in the 90th minute.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are rumoured to be ready to pay £43 million to meet SSC Napoli’s release clause for South Korean central defender Kim Min-Jae in the summer.
Yeremy Pino, the 20 year old Villarreal winger, is said to be interesting Tottenham.
Rennes striker Martin Terrier could be a player that Spurs make a move for in the summer.
Rumours of Spurs wanting to sign Brentford goalkeeper David Raya are strengthening.
- WORLD CUP : – Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg played all of Denmark’s 0-0 draw with Tunisia in World Cup Group D match.
Cristian Romero started Argentina’s match against Saudi Arabia coming off in the 59th minute of the 1-2 defeat in Group C.
France beat Australia in Group D in the World Cup tonight, with Hugo Lloris captaining them.
- INJURY NEWS : – Harry Kane is to have a scan on his ankle after taking a kick on it in yesterday’s England match against Iran.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Should Atletico Madrid terminate the loan of Sergio Reguilon, Real Sociedad are said to be interested in taking him on loan.
Spurs and AS Roma are interested in signing Eintracht Frankfurt defender Evan Ndicka.
- WORLD CUP : – Harry Kane played 76 minutes of England’s 6-2 a Group B game win over Iran today, with Eric Dier coming on as a 70th minute substitute in the same match.
Wales earned a 1-1 draw with USA in a Group B match tonight, with Ben Davies and Joe Rodon playing the whole game tonight.
Pape Matar Saar was a non-playing substitute for Senegal in the 0-2 defeat by Netherlands in a Group A match this evening.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – A rumour today claims that Chelsea goalkeeper Edouard Mendy has been offered to Tottenham.
The interest that Spurs have in Everton striker Anthony Gordon is being pushed in the media today.
- Not much news or new transfer rumours about who might join Spurs today, with all the news being about the World Cup starting.
- UNDER-18s : – Spurs Under-18s lost to Chelsea 1-2 at Hotspur Way today in the Premier Under-18 League, Jamie Donley scoring Tottenham’s goal.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Talks with Atalanta are said to be taking place shortly to arrange the transfer of Ukraine midfielder Ruslan Malinovsky to Tottenham in January.
Rumours today link Spurs and Aston Villa with a move for AS Roma striker Tammy Abraham.
Hilarious speculation of the day is that Spurs are interest in ex-Woolwich Wanderers Wojciech Sczcesny, now playing for Juventus. Bargepole touching doesn’t come into it.
Spurs are reported to be ready to watch Mohammed Kudus, the Ajax midfielder, at the World Cup playing for Ghana.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are said to be competing with Mancashter United to sign South Korean defender Kim Min-Jae of SSC Napoli, although he might cost $43.5 million.
Dutch defender Jurrien Timber is a player Tottenham are keen on, with the Ajax 21 year old possibly costing around £60 million.
- WORLD CUP : – Cristian Romero may be omitted from the Argentina squad for the tournament as he is still suffering injury, but Heung-Min Son looks set to take part in the World Cup for South Korea wearing a mask to protect the surgery he had on his eye.
- FA YOUTH CUP : – In the Third Round draw Spurs will play at home against Queens Park Rangers before 17th December.
- MEHSTG’s ODD VIEW : – The last minute FIFA ban on beards in the World Cup stadiums has been heavily criticised by Qatari nationals.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Bayern Munich and Real Madrid are reported to be interested in signing Heung-Min Son.
17 year old Fenerbahce attacking midfielder Arda Guler is interesting Paris Saint Germain, Tottenham and Napoli.
Spurs midfielder Nile John is allegedly attracting clubs from home and in Europe as his contract expires in the summer.
Goalkeeping targets are in the news today, with Guglielmo Vicario of Empoli although AS Roma and Juventus are also interested in the 26 year old. Leeds United keeper Illan Meslier is also being linked with a move to Spurs.
Having impressed against Spurs in the Champions League, 23 year old Sporting Lisbon right back Pedro Porro is said to be a transfer target for Tottenham, being rated at £40 million.
Spurs and Mancashter United are reported to be interested in Sassuolo midfielder Davide Frattesi.
The battle to sign Nicolo Zaniolo in the summer could see Tottenham and Woolwich Wanderers go head-to-head with offers of around £35 million said to be acceptable to AS Roma.
Previous links to Internazionale midfielder Marcelo Brozovic have resurfaced, with Spurs said to be ahead of the field to secure his services.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Matt Doherty played all of the Republic of Ireland’s 1-2 home defeat by Norway tonight.
- EX-SPURS : – Mauricio Pochettino has said he would be interested in managing England after Gareth Southgate ends his time in charge of the national team.
- OTHER NEWS : – Luton Town have named Rob Edwards as their new manager …
- EUR0 2028 : – The FA have submitted a draft proposal for the UK to host the Euro 2028 tournament jointly with the Republic of Ireland, with the THS included as one of the stadia to host matches during the tournament.
- FIXTURE CHANGES : – Two Tottenham games in January have been re-arranged for live TV coverage …
Woolwich Wanderers (Home) Now arranged for Sunday 15th January 2023 with a 16.30 kick off (Sky Sports)
Fulham (Away) Moved to Monday 23rd January 2023 with a 20.00 kick off (Sky Sports)
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The Italian media reckon Spurs may be interested in a move for 25 year old Internazionale and Italy wide-man Federico Dimarco.
Rumours linking 27 year old defender Milan Skriniar of Internazionale with Tottenham are circulating once more.
26 year old Brazilian central defender Rodrigo Becao of Udinese has interest in his signing from Spurs and some other Premier League clubs, who would bid £12 million for the player, but his club want £17 million.
A double move for players plying their trade in Serie B in Italy may be on the cards, with both Tottenham targets currently playing at Genoa. Radu Dragusin is a 19 year old Romanian defender, who is on loan from Juventus with Genoa having an option to buy for a fee above £6.5 million, while 21 year old Morten Frendrup is a Danish Under-21 capped defensive midfielder who can fill either full back position but could be available for around £3.2 million.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Davinson Sanchez could be used as a make-weight in Tottenham’s move for Internazionale defender Stefan de Vrij according to stories today.
Alternatively, Benfica’s 19 year old central defender Antonio Silva is being rumoured to be of interest to Tottenham.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs winger Aaron Lennon has announced his retirement from football..
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – It is reported that Tottenham had representatives at the Borussia Monchengladbach v Borussia Dortmund match with the focus of their attention on Monchengladbach’s 25 year old striker Marcus Thuram and Dortmund’s 19 year old Cameroon forward Youssoufa Moukoko. Some stories link Spurs with a move for Monchengladbach right back Joe Scally, the 19 year old American international.
Spurs are being linked with a summer move for AC Milan striker Edin Dzeko with the suggestion that Japhet Tanganga might move to Italy as part of the deal.
- OTHER NEWS : – Mark Hudson was appointed as Cardiff City manager until the end of the season …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are being linked with January moves for defenders Alessandro Bastoni of Internazionale and Pau Torres of Villarreal, with the two believed to cost around £105 million.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Leeds United 4-3 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this afternoon. Match Report.
- WORLD CUP SQUADS : – Heung-Min Son has been selected in the South Korea World Cup squad with a decision to be made about his availability to play following surgery on his eye socket earlier this week.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – It is rumoured that Tottenham will watch Uruguay central midfielder Manuel Ugarte of Sporting Lisbon during the World Cup finals.
- TEAM NEWS : – Ryan Sessegnon has a minor muscle injury that will keep him out of the match against Leeds United tomorrow, while Richarlison and Dejan Kulusevski will face late decisions as to whether they will play after returning from injury,
- WORLD CUP SQUADS : – Rodrigo Bentancur has been selected in the Uruguay World Cup squad, while Cristian Romero is in the Argentina squad and Pape Matar Sarr in the squad for Senegal.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – 19 year old Racing Club midfielder Carlos Alcaraz has said his Argentine club may be willing to sell him if a suitable bid, believed to be around £16.4 million, comes in for him, with Tottenham mentioned as one of the possible interested parties. Other reports say that Racing may accept £10.5 million or less.
It is reported that Antonio Conte has spoken to Dutch central defender Stefan de Vrij about a move to Tottenham in January, with the Internazionale player out of contract at the end of the season.
With Bayern Munich’s French right wing-back Benjamin Pavard expressing thoughts that he may leave Germany, he is being linked with Tottenham in the Daily Express.
Striker Ben Brereton Diaz of Blackburn Rovers is said to be a player Spurs are interested in.
Former Tottenham right wing-back Kyle Walker-Peters is supposedly a player that the club are interested in bringing back to N17.
- UNDER-21s : – Tottenham’s U21s lost 0-1 away at West Ham United London tonight.
- WORLD CUP SQUADS : – Harry Kane and Eric Dier have been selected in the England World Cup squad.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are linked with a move for Crystal Palace central defender Marc Guehi.
Atletico Madrid and Juventus are reported to be keen on signing Emerson Royal in the summer transfer window.
Norwich City right back Max Aarons is being monitored by Spurs ahead of the January transfer window.
Mancashter United transfer target striker Eric Choupo-Moting of Bayern Music is said to be on Tottenham’s radar.
During the World Cup, Spurs will be watching Dutch striker Memphis Depay who will be available on a free transfer in the summer when his Barcelona contract expires.
- INJURY UPDATE : – Giovani Lo Celso has had surgery on a hamstring injury that will rule him out of the World Cup.
- OTHER NEWS : – Nathan Jones has left his post as manager of Luton Town to take over the same role at South Coast Big Club … Wigan Athletic have sacked their manager Leam Richardson today …
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 0-2 to Nottingham Forest at the City Ground in the League Cup Third Round tonight. Match Report .
- WORLD CUP SQUADS : – Joe Rodon and Ben Davies have been included in the Wales squad for the World Cup along with former Spurs players Chris Gunter and Gareth Bale.
- INJURY UPDATE : – Heung-Min Son has said he will be fit to play for South Korea in the World Cup later this month.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Speculation today surrounds a swap deal for Weston McKennie that would see Davinson Sanchez move to Italy with £15 million to make up the £34 million the Serie A club are asking for the US international midfielder.
- WORLD CUP SQUADS : – Richarlison has been included in the Brazil squad for the World Cup and Pierre Hojbjerg has been selected for the Denmark national squad.
- TEAM NEWS : – Richarlison is back in training and may be available for the League Cup tie at Nottingham Forest tomorrow night, while Dejan Kulusevski could play more than the time he starred against Liverpool on Sunday.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Former Spurs midfielder Marcus Edwards, now playing for Sporting Lisbon, is said to be a transfer target for Tottenham in January, according to the Daily Express. Tottenham are still owed a sell-on percentage, which would reduce the potential cost of signing the 23 year old.
Spurs are said to be willing to sell Japhet Tanganga for £8.75 million in the January transfer window.
22 year old 6′ 2″ RB Leipzig defender Mohamed Simakan is reported to be being watched by Tottenham.
SSC Napoli striker Victor Osimhen has been said to be the player Spurs have targeted to replace Harry Kane. It is reported that the 23 year old Nigerian would cost around £87 million.
Talking of replacements, today’s media claim a three-man short-list has been drawn up to take over from Hugo Lloris. This includes Brighton & Hove Albion keeper Robert Sanchez, Leeds United’s French keeper Illan Messlier and Jordan Pickford of Everton.
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE : – Tottenham have been drawn against AC Milan in the Round of 16 of the Champions League, with the first leg to be played away.
- UNDER-21s : – Tottenham’s Under-21s lost 0-3 to Chelsea this evening at Kingsmeadow.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are among a number of clubs reported to be interested in Lille’s Canadian striker Jonathan David.
- OTHER NEWS : – South Coast Big Club have sacked manager Ralph Hasenhuttl today …
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 1-2 to Liverpool at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this evening. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The media are saying today that Chelsea have dropped their interest in Everton forward Anthony Gordon, leaving Spurs a free run at trying to sign the 21 year old.
19 year old Juventus Samuel Iling-Junior is reported to be a target for Tottenham, with the former Chelsea winger’s contract expiring in the summer.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – After yesterday’s news that Atletico Madrid might be considering a fire sale, Spurs are being linked to Rodrigo De Paul, their Argentinian midfielder.
Antonio Conte could use Emerson Royal in an attempt to sign Internazionale’s Dutch defender Denzel Dumfries.
- UNDER-18s : – In the Premier Under-18 League Cup group match this morning, Spurs beat Charlton Athletic 5-1. Tottenham’s goals were scored by Will Lankshear 2, Mikey Moore 2 and Jamie Donley to progress to the next stage of the competition.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs winger Gareth Bale came on in the MLS Cup final for LAFC and scored a late extra time equaliser to make the score 3-3 before his side won the penalty shoot-out 3-0.
- OTHER NEWS : – Wolverhampton Wanderers have appointed Julen Lopetegui as their manager with the Spaniard taking over on 14th November.
- TEAM NEWS : – Tottenham will be without Richarlison, Cristian Romero and Heung-Min Son are all ruled out for Sunday’s home match with Liverpool, but Dejan Kulusevski is rated as 50-50 for the game and Lucas Moura will be assessed after playing recently carrying a tendon problem.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – With Atletico Madrid claimed to be needing to raise money, Belgian winger Yannick Carrasco is being linked with a move to Tottenham once more.
Spurs are reported in the Daily Express to have an agreement in place to sign Atalanta’s Ukraine international midfielder Ruslan Malinovskyi for £13 million in January.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – With the media convinced that Antonio Conte will be moving back to Juventus, the latest managers speculated to be taking over when (and not if) it happens are said to be Atletico Madrid’s Diego Simeone and the German in charge at Benfica – Roger Schmidt.
- OTHER NEWS : – Hull City have appointed Liam Rosenior as the club’s new manager.
- INJURY NEWS : – Heung-Min Son will need surgery to stabilise his eye socket after the collision in yesterday’s Champions League match at Marseille. There is no time-scale on when he might be available following rehabilitation, although there are rumours that he will be a doubt to play for South Korea in the World Cup later this month. Other sources claim Son could play with a mask and be available for the last match before the World Cup when Tottenham are at home to Leeds United.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Marseille 2-1 at the Velodrome Stadium tonight to progress in the Champions League as group winners. Match Report.
- UNDER-19s : – Goals from Romaine Mundle, Alfie Devine and Damola Ajayi gave Spurs a 3-2 UEFA Youth Cup away win over Marseille this afternoon.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Spurs are being linked with a move for Brighton & Hove Albion forward Leanadro Trossard, as are Chelsea, Newcash United and Woolwich Wanderers.
Previous White Hot Lines