This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
MEHSTG’s occasional spin stories have no basis in truth, but could have been true in another universe.
Previous White Hot Lines
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – It is rumoured widely that Fabio Paratici and Daniel Levy are having discussions about the future of Nuno Espirtio Santo. Some sources claim that the club have already contacted previous candidates Antonio Conte (although he favours taking over at Old Trafford in the near future) and Paulo Fonseca about taking over should Santo be sacked. The Sunday Express claims Spurs might make another move for Ajax manager Erik ten Hag, while other sources claim Brighton boss Graham Potter is the favourite for the job.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are being linked with a move for Nantes’ 22 year old forward Randal Kolo Muani, who is a free agent in the summer and also interests Bayern Munich.
Burnley’s central defender James Tarkowski is said to be a transfer target for Spurs.
Tottenham are rumoured to be readying an offer for Torino striker Andrea Belotti.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 0-3 to Manchester United at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this evening. Match Report.
- LEAGUE CUP : – Tottenham have been drawn at home to West Ham United London in the quarter-final of the League Cup. The match will be played in the week starting Monday 20th December, with details of date and time to follow.
- UNDER-23s : – Dilan Markanday‘s injury time winner saw Spurs beat Manchester United Under-23s 1-0 at Stevenage FC.
- UNDER-18s : – Jamie Donley‘s double and a goal from Khalon Haysman earned Spurs a 3-1 away win at Bodymoor Heath against Aston Villa today.
- MEHSTG SPIN STORY : – Mikel Arteta has ruled himself out of the running for the Barcelona manager’s job. Me too.
- TEAM NEWS : – Bryan Gil is the biggest Spurs worry for the match against Manchester United tomorrow, after he picked up an injury at Burnley on Wednesday night. Ryan Sessegnon is still side-lined by injury and is not ready to be selected yet.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are being linked in a surprise rumour claiming that they are targeting Aston Villa goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez should Hugo Lloris leave the TNS.
Espanyol striker Raul de Tomas is another player who is being linked with a move by Spurs, with interest coming from Spanish clubs too.
A number of Premier League clubs, including Spurs and teams from across Europe are looking at 18 year old Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Florian Wirtz, although his asking price could be around £84 million.
- EX-SPURS : – Tottenham former Danish midfielder Christian Eriksen has been denied permission to play in Italy for Internazionale this season following his collapse while playing for his country in the Euro 2020 finals.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are rumoured in Italy to be in front of the race to sign Bayern Munich’s 27 year old French midfielder Cornetin Tollisso, ahead of Juventus and AS Roma, as the player will be available to sign a pre-contract agreement with club’s outside Germany in January.
Lots of sources today claim that Spurs are willing to sell Dele Alli in January, with Paris Saint Germain, Newcastle United and West Ham United London all reportedly interested in the midfielder.
Tottenham are one of a number of Premier League clubs said to be interested in Shakhtar Donetsk’s 22 year old Israeli forward Manor Solomon.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Tottenham striker Fernando Llorente has left SSC Napoli on a free transfer to join Eibar.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Burnley 1-0 at Turf Moor in the Fourth round of the League Cup. Match Report.
- UNDER-21s : – Tottenham’s Under-21s lost their final group games in the EFL Trophy 2-3 away to Oxford United, despite goals from Dane Scarlett and Jack Clarke.
- OTHER NEWS : – Keith Millen has been given the job as the new manager of Carlisle United.
- TEAM NEWS : – Matt Doherty is fit and available for selection for the League Cup tie at Burnley on Wednesday, leaving only Ryan Sessegnon as the sole injured player in the squad.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 0-1 to West Ham United London at the Taxpayer’s Stadium this afternoon. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are among a number of clubs said to be interested in signing Barcelona forward Ousmane Dembele, with the 24 year old looking poised to leave the Nou Camp in the summer.
An off-the-wall rumour links Tottenham with Ghanaian defender Abdul Mumin, who plays for Vitoria Guimaraes.
- UNDER-23s : – Tottenham’s Under-23s ended Manchester City’s unbeaten run that started 11 months ago with a 3-1 away win at the City Academy Stadium. Harvey White scored between two Dilan Markanday goals to turn the game around after going a goal behind.
- OTHER NEWS : – Mick McCarthy has left his Cardiff City manager’s post by mutual consent.
- TEAM NEWS : – The return of the team who beat Newcastle United last Sunday is likely to take on West Ham United London on Sunday at the Taxpayer’s Stadium. Matt Doherty and Ryan Sessegnon are Tottenham’s only injury absentees.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Reports today indicate that Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger is in talks with Manchester City and Spurs as he looks set to leave Stamford Bridge.
Xavi Simons, the Dutch Paris Saint Germain 18 year old midfielder, is being linked with Tottenham today amid a story about his contract situation stalling.
Winger Jack Clarke looks like he might leave Spurs in January, with Bournemouth a potential destination.
- UNDER-18s : – The Under-18s home match against Norwich City tomorrow has been postponed until 12th February 2022 with an 11.30 kick off at Hotspur Way.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 0-1 to Vitesse Arnhem in Holland tonight in the Europa Conference. Match Report.
- NATIONAL FOOTBALL MUSEUM HALL OF FAME : – Spurs and Northampton Town player Walter Tull has been inducted into the National Football Museum’s Hall of Fame. A true hero in anyone’s language.
- OTHER NEWS : – Charlton Athletic have sacked their manager Nigel Adkins. Former Spurs midfielder Johnnie Jackson will take temporary charge of the side.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are reported to be ready to make a £20 million January move for Genk forward Paul Onuachu.
- TEAM NEWS : – Ryan Sessegnon and Matt Doherty are both till out injured, but a squad missing the eleven starters at Newcastle United on Sunday has travelled to Holland for the Europa Conference group game at Vitesse Arnhem.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs defender Kevin Maher has been appointed as the new manager of National League side Southend United.
- OTHER NEWS : – Newcastle United have Mutually agreed to part ways with manager Steve Bruce.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs and Fulham are both keen on signing AS Roma’s 20 year old midfielder Ebrima Darboe.
The club are being linked to a move for Paris Saint Germain’s 28 year old striker Mauro Icardi, although he is unlikely to want to be behind Harry Kane in the pecking order and with the likes of Juventus and AC Milan said to be interested, a move to Italy could be his preferred destination.
Tottenham are believed to have made contact with Juventus about signing American midfielder Weston McKennie.
Brighton & Hove Albion are looking to sign Joe Rodon in the January transfer window.
River Plate’s striker Julian Alvarez is reported to be a target for Spurs. The 21 year old is likely to leave the Argentine club in 2022 and has a £21 million release fee.
- WHITEWEBBS PARK : – The former Council golf course at Whitewebbs Park, adjacent to the Hotspur Way training ground, has been the subject of a decision by Enfield Council to offer it to Spurs on a 25 year lease. This would cost £500,000 for the first five years with a rent of £75,000 a year for the remainder of the lease. Tottenham would create a women’s and girl’s academy on the site, as well as developing some of the area as parkland and preserving the woodland there, with a refreshment building being provided in the southern clubhouse. The proposal won favour with the Council, but it is subject to the club gaining planning permission for the project.
- OTHER NEWS : – James Rowberry has been named as the new manager of Newport County.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are being linked with a move for 24 year old Portuguese midfielder Renato Sanches, after his club Lille stated that they would sell him for the right price.
A report form Italy claims that Spurs will spend £88 million in January on Dusan Vlahovic of Fiorentina and Aurelien Tchouameni of AS Monaco.
- FIXTURE CHANGES : – The latest changes to Spurs matches selected for live TV coverage and because our involvement in the Europa Conference have been announced.
Brentford (home) – Thursday 2nd December – kick-off 19.30 (Amazon Prime Video )
Norwich City (home) – Sunday 5th December – kick-off 14.00
Brighton & Hove Albion (away) – Sunday 12th December – kick-off 14.00
Leicester City (away) – Thursday 16th December – kick-off 19.30 (BT Sport)
Liverpool (home) – Sunday 19th December – kick-off 16.30 (Sky Sports)
South Coast Big Club (away) – Tuesday 28th December – kick-off 15.00 (Amazon Prime Video)
- UNDER-23s : – Spurs Under-23s lost 3-4 to West Ham United London at Stevenage FC tonight in the Premier League 2. The Spurs goals were scored by Nile John (2 – one penalty) and Alfie Devine.
- RACISM : – Newcastle United and Northumbria Police are investigation a reported racial incident in yesterday’s game with gestures aimed at the section containing the Spurs fans..
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham won 3-2 against Newcastle United at St. James Park this afternoon. Match Report.
- COVID-19 : – The club made a statement regarding the reports that two Spurs players had tested positive for Covid-19. They said that the players had been given false positives in their test results and that they had been cleared to play at Newcastle.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – 23 year old FC Basel Brazilian striker Arthur Cabral is attracting interest from Spurs, West Ham United London and Leeds United.
- UNDER-18s : – Spurs Under-18s drew 0-0 with Stoke City at Hotspur Way in the Premier Under-18 League this morning.
- TEAM NEWS : – Tottenham’s South American internationals – Davinson Sanchez, Giovani Lo Celso, Cristian Romero and Emerson Royal – are all on their way back from their World Cup qualifiers and will be assessed as to their availability to play on Sunday at Newcastle United, as will Ben Davies and Steven Bergwijn, who have recovered from their injuries. Ryan Sessegnon is still side-lined with his hamstring injury suffered in training in September. The options available to Nuno Espirito Santo have further narrowed with late news that two Spurs players have tested positive for Covid-19 on their return to training after international duty.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Spurs and West Ham United London are reported to be watching 18 year old Roko Simic, a Croatian striker whose father Dario was a full international. Roko has already played for Croatia Under-21s, scoring a hat-trick in his last appearance and is currently on loan at 1FC Liefering in the Austrian Second Division from RB Salzburg.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Cristian Romero played all of Argentina’s 1-0 win over Peru in a World Cup qualifying match, with Giovani Lo Celso starting and being replaced in the fourth minute of added time in the second half.
Emerson Royal played the whole of Brazil’s 4-1 home win over Uruguay in their World Cup qualifier.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Spurs and West Ham United London are said to be interested in Essex born St. Etienne and England Under-21 goalkeeper Etienne Green.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Davinson Sanchez was an unused substitute in Colombia’s 0-0 World Cup qualifying draw at home to Ecuador.
- CONTRACT : – Spurs are reported to be offering a schoolboy contract to 15 year old centre back Archie Chaplin, who has already featured in the Under-18s this season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Today’s Real Madrid Spurs target for a summer transfer is said to be Harry Kane according to the press in Spain, although some reports speculate that Newcastle United, with their moneybags new owners, might blow all other clubs out of the water with a mega-petrobucks bid for the England captain.
Spurs are still being strongly linked with a move for Lorenzo Insigne, who may be available on a free transfer from SSC Napoli in the summer.
Fenerbahce are supposedly interested in signing Ryan Sessegnon in the January transfer window.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Heung-Min Son captained South Korea and scored their goal in a 1-1 away World Cup qualifying draw in Iran.
Harry Kane played 76 minutes for England in their 1-1 World Cup qualifying draw at Wembley tonight.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg played all of Denmark’s 1-0 World Cup qualifying win over Austria that saw them qualify for the World Cup finals in 2022.
Pape Matar Sarr was an unused substitute as Senegal beat Namibia 3-1 in an away World Cup qualifier.
Republic of Ireland’s 4-0 friendly win over Qatar in Dublin saw Matt Doherty play 45 minutes from the start and Troy Parrott come off the bench in the 78th minute.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – A report today claims that Tanguy Ndombele has decided he wants to leave Tottenham in the summer and his intended destination is Real Madrid.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Argentina beat Uruguay 3-0 in a World Cup qualifier this morning with Giovani Lo Celso and Cristian Romero playing the whole game.
Joe Rodon played all of Wales’ 1-0 away win in a World Cup qualifier in Estonia, with Maksim Paskotsi on the opposing side for the whole 90 minutes.
Oliver Skipp was an unused substitute for England Under-21s in their 1-0 win away to Andorra.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – According to a source in Spain, Real Madrid are interested in signing Bryan Gil and taking back Sergio Reguilon, although the agreed €40 million for the left back may be out of their reach, so they might try to get agreement with Daniel Levy on a lower price. Good luck !
- INTERNATIONALS : – Hugo Lloris captained France to the Nations League trophy when they beat Spain 2-1 in Italy tonight. Bryan Gil and Sergio Reguilon were unused substitutes for Spain.
Colombia drew 0-0 with Brazil in a World Cup qualifying match with Davinson Sanchez an unused sub for Colombia and Emerson Royal remaining on the bench for Brazil.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reported to be looking to sign Weston McKennie and Dejan Kulusesvski for £51 million from Juventus in the January transfer window, as the Serie A club try to raise the funds to sign Paul Pogba in the summer.
20 year old Metz midfielder Boubacar Traore is said to be being scouted by Tottenham, as they look to raid the French club again following the signing of Papa Matar Sarr in the summer just gone.
- STADIUM : – Atlanta Falcons beat New York Jets 27-20 in the NFL at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium today.
- OTHER NEWS : – Carlisle United sacked their manager Chris Beech today.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Harry Kane was an unused substitute as England won 5-0 away in Andorra in a World Cup qualifier.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg was in Denmark’s side for their 4-0 away World Cup qualifying win against Moldova, being substituted after 66 minutes.
Matt Doherty played all of the Republic of Ireland’s 3-0 away World Cup qualifying win in Azerbaijan.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – A rumour is circulating that Tottenham are interested in signing striker Alvaro Morata who is currently at Juventus on loan at from Atletico Madrid.
Spurs are reported to be scouting Sevilla’s Moroccan striker Youssef El-Nesyri.
The Times reports that Newcastle United cold be looking to sign Harry Winks in the January transfer window.
- FEEDER CLUB : – The Daily Express reports that ENIC are set to buy a controlling share in Belgian club Standard Liege and that Daniel Levy is getting “super-agent” Pini Zahavi to set them up as a feeder club with signings coming through Standard to N17.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Emerson Royal came on as a substitute in the 77th minute of a 3-1 win for Brazil over Venezuela in a World Cup qualifier
Cristian Romero played all of Argentina’s 0-0 away World Cup qualifying draw against Paraguay, while Giovani Lo Celso started but was substituted after 76 minutes.
Colombia drew 0-0 away to Uruguay in a World Cup qualifier with Davinson Sanchez an unused substitute.
Joe Rodon played the 90 minutes of Wales’ away 2-2 draw in World Cup qualifier with the Czech Republic.
Estonia beat Belarus 2-0 at home in their World Cup group with Maksim Paskotsi playing 87 minutes before being substituted.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – AS Roma are reported to be interested in signing Development squad keeper Josh Oluwayemi.
- BALLON D’OR : – The short-list for this year’s Ballon D’Or has been announced and Harry Kane is on it.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Oliver Skipp played for England Under-21s in their 2-2 away draw against Milenko Acimovic‘s Slovenian team.
Heung-Min Son scored a last minute winner and captained the side against Syria in a World Cup qualifier today.
Captain Hugo Lloris played the 90 minutes of France’s 3-2 Nations League semi-final win over Belgium tonight in Italy.
Argentina manager Lionel Scaloni has refused to release Cristian Romero and Giovani Lo Celso early from the squad gathered for World Cup qualifiers in South America.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – It is rumoured today that Everton have enquired about the availability of Harry Winks.
It is rumoured today that Spurs have started talks wit the agent of Dusan Vlahovic of Fiorentina after his new contract talks with his club have stalled.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The Time claims that Harry Winks wants to leave Spurs in January on loan and is happy to look abroad to join a club.
A rumour today claims that Spurs are eyeing Spanish Second Division Almeria striker Umar Sadiq, 24, who could be signed for £25.5 million.
Tottenham are reportedly interested in Burnley’s 29 year-old England goalkeeper Nick Pope.
Serge Aurier said that he turned down a move to Arsenal out of respect for his time at Tottenham.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Ben Davies has dropped out of the Welsh squad for the World Cup qualifiers this week because of illness.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – River Plate striker Julian Alvarez is said to be a transfer target for Aston Villa and Spurs in January.
Spurs are being linked with a move for Paris Saint Germain striker Mauro Icardi.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Harry Winks is reported to be a January transfer target for AS Roma and Internazionale.
Spurs and Everton are rumoured to be linked with a move in January for Stoke City central defender Harry Souttar, with an inflated fee of £15 million being quoted.
- EX-SPURS : – Serge Aurier has signed a one year deal with Villarreal after having his Spurs contract terminated.
- OTHER NEWS : – Watford have appointed Claudio Ranieri as their new manager.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Aston Villa 2-1 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this afternoon. Match Report.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Bryan Gil has been called up to the Spain squad for their Nations League matches next week.
- OTHER NEWS : – Watford sacked manager Xisco Munoz today …
- MEHSTG SPIN STORY : – After the trouble at the Taxpayers stadium on Thursday night at the match between West Ham United London and Rapid Vienna, the club are to install a number of phone boxes in their Lower West Stand so that the Irons fans can start a fight with themselves.
- TEAM NEWS : – Spurs are still missing Ryan Sessegnon and Steven Bergwijn through injury and Ben Davies has been suffering with an inflamed appendix, so will not be available for selection.
- UNDER-18s : – Following in the footsteps of the Under-23s, Spurs Under-18s lost a seven goal game at West Bromwich Albion 3-4, with the Spurs goal-scorers being Rio Kyerematen, Jamie Donley and Jaden Williams.
- UNDER-23s : – Crystal Palace beat Spurs Under-23s 4-3 at their training ground in South London this afternoon. Spurs’ goal were scored by Alfie Devine, Dilan Markanday and Kallum Cesay.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are reported to be interested in Internazionale midfielder Marcelo Brozovic.
- OTHER NEWS : – Mike Flynn was sacked as manager of Newport County today.
Previous White Hot Lines