This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
The MEHSTG spin story is our own unique take on some of the big breaking stories of the day … with our “spin” (and little truth) attached to it !! There are also “no spin” stories, which are strange but true !! You couldn’t make them up !!
Previous White Hot Lines
- INTERNATIONALS : – England’s 2-1 home World Cup qualifying win over Poland was achieved with one of the goals from captain Harry Kane from the penalty spot before being substituted in the 89th minute. Eric Dier was an unused substitute.
Denmark had a 4-0 away win against Austria in their World Cup group match, with Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg playing the whole game and scoring one of the goals.
In France’s 1-0 away win against Bosnia-Herzegovina in a World Cup qualifying match, Hugo Lloris captained the side throughout the 90 minutes, while Moussa Sissoko was a 90th minute substitute. Tanguy Ndombele was a substitute, but was not used.
England Under-21s failed to qualify from their European Championships finals group, beating Croatia 2-1, but going out on goal difference. Japhet Tanganga and Oliver Skipp both played the whole game, while Ryan Sessegnon was an unused substitute.
A friendly between Sweden and Estonia was won by the home side 1-0, with Maksim Paskotsi featuring for Estonia.
- FA YOUTH CUP : – Tottenham knocked AFC Wimbledon out of the FA Youth Cup at the Fourth Round stage by winning 3-0 in extra time at Plough Lane tonight. The match was drawn 0-0 at 90 minutes but Jamie Donley opened the scoring after nine minutes of extra time and late strikes from Romaine Mundle and another from Donley in added time put Spurs through to meet West Bromwich Albion at home in the Fifth Round.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Manchester City want to sign Harry Kane if they fail in a bid for Erling Haaland of Borussia Dortmund. Manchester United are already being tipped elsewhere as favourites to sign Kane.
The Daily Express has Spurs targeting Joachim Andersen of Fulham, Brighton & Hove Albion’s Lewis Dunk and Fiorentina central defender Nikola Milenkovic to strengthen the Tottenham defence next season.
Bayern Munich will be pulling out all the stops to buy Heung-Min Son in the summer.
- STADIUM : – The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will host the Rugby League finals days in May 2023 with the Heineken Champions Cup and the Rugby Union Challenge Cup finals to be played over two days.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Wales enjoyed a 1-0 home World Cup qualifying win over the Czech Republic tonight in Cardiff, with Gareth Bale and Joe Rodon playing the whole 90 minutes.
Troy Parrott came off the bench in the 22nd minute for the Republic of Ireland in their 1-1 friendly draw with Qatar in Debrecen tonight.
An 8-0 home win for Belgium over Belarus in World Cup qualifying saw Toby Alderweireld complete the whole match.
Steven Bergwijn was an unused substitute as Holland put seven goals past Gibraltar in an away World Cup qualifier tonight.
Serge Aurier was part of the Ivory Coast side that beat Ethopia 3-1 in the African Cup of Nations today.
- FIXTURE CHANGES : – The latest set of matches for live TV c overage have been selected and Tottenham’s home game against Everton will be screened on Sky Sports on Friday 16th April with the game kicking off at 20.00.
Tottenham’s home game against South Coast Big Club, postponed because of the Saints’ participation in the FA Cup, will now be played on Wednesday 21st April with a 18.00 kick off and will be covered by Sky Sports.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Allegedly, clubs have been contacting Harry Kane‘s representatives about a summer move, with Barcelona believed to be the striker’s favoured destination.
Tottenham are apparently keeping tabs on former Newcastle United midfielder Florian Thauvin, with the 28 year old Marseille man out of contract at the end of the season.
The Daily Telegraph claims that Spurs are keen on signing 21 year old RB Leipzig defender Ibrahima Konate, who is also a target for Liverpool and Chelsea.
- LEAGUE CUP FINAL : – With the club colours of Spurs and Manchester City causing a clash, a toss of the coin was made to determine which team would retain their home colours and Spurs lost, so will take to the Wembley pitch in the green away kit on 25th April.
- INJURY NEWS : – Matt Doherty has withdrawn from the Republic of Ireland squad with a injury for their friendly against Qatar on Wednesday
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are reported to have made contact with RB Leipzig about signing midfielder Marcel Sabitzer and are said to be leading the chase for the Austrian international.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Tottenham reserve midfielder Neil Smith has been sacked as the manager of Bromley.
- INTERNATIONALS : – England beat Albania 2-0 away in a World Cup qualifier this evening, with captain Harry Kane playing the whole game and scoring once.
Pierre-Emile Hojberg was an unused substitute for Denmark as they romped to a 8-0 home World Cup qualifying win over Moldova.
Hugo Lloris captained France to a 2-0 away win in a World Cup qualifier in Kazakhstan today. Tanguy Ndombele started the match, being substituted in the 82nd minute by Moussa Sissoko.
England’s Under-21s lost 0-2 to Portugal in the U21 Euro finals qualifying tournament in Slovenia, with Japhet Tanganga and Oliver Skipp playing for the 90 minutes, while Ryan Sessegnon started but was substituted after 55 minutes.
- CONTRACTS : – Dane Scarlett has signed his first professional contract with Tottenham, which will run until 2023.
It is reported that Spurs have triggered a one year extension to Cameron Carter-Vickers‘ contract, but are still willing to sell him to Bournemouth at the end of the season for a fee.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported to be keen on signing Danish wonderkid Wahid Faghir, a 17 year old striker playing for Velje, who is also attracting interest from Ajax and Leicester City.
Real Betis right back Emerson Royal, who is part owned with Barcelona, is a target for Spurs and Arsenal this summer.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Holland beat Latvia 2-0 at home in their World Cup qualifying match, with Steven Bergwijn coming on as a 89th minute substitute.
Maksim Paskotsi started Estonia’s 0-3 defeat in Belarus as they played their World Cup qualifier this afternoon, but was substituted after 87 minutes.
The Republic of Ireland were humiliated in their World Cup qualifying match in Dublin, when they lost 0-1 to Luxembourg. Matt Doherty started the game, but was substituted at half-time and Troy Parrott was thrown on with 88 minutes gone.
Toby Alderweireld played the whole of Belgium’s away World Cup qualifier with the Czech Republic that ended 1-1.
Wales’ 1-0 home victory over Mexico in a friendly saw Gareth Bale and Joe Rodon confined to the bench as unused substitutes.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are surprisingly linked with a move for Juventus midfielder Aaron Ramsey, with Everton and West Ham United London also keen on the Welsh international.
- EX-SPURS : – Luka Modric broke the number of caps won by a Croatian international by playing his 135th match for his country tonight as they beat Cyprus 1-0 in a World Cup qualifier.
Former Spurs defender Chris Gunter became the first Welsh player to win 100 caps with his appearance in tonight’s friendly against Mexico in Cardiff.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Daniel Levy is reported to be ready to let Dele Alli leave Tottenham in the summer for a fee of just £25 million.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Ivory Coast have reached the African Cup of Nations finals, with skipper Serge Aurier scoring one goal and assisting two more as his side won 3-0 away to Niger.
- AWARD : – Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg has been announced as Danish Player of the Year.
- HELP : – We have been contacted by Archie Needs, who has started a project to make a permanent memorial to Spurs players and officials who have passed away and has set up a virtual cemetery at https://www.findagrave.com/virtual-cemetery/640792. Archie is asking for your help to add to the project and provide any information on former Spurs players or photographs of graves by hitting the “Contribute” button on the top menu.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Denmark had a 2-0 away win in their World Cup 2022 qualifier against Israel and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg played the whole game.
England’s 5-0 win over San Marino at Wembley saw Harry Kane and Eric Dier sit out the World Cup qualifying match on the bench.
Oliver Skipp completed the whole game as England Under-21s lost 0-1 to Switzerland in Koper, Slovenia in a U21 Euros qualifier this afternoon. Ryan Sessegnon came off the bench in the 76th minute, while Japhet Tanganga remained an unused substitute.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are supposedly monitoring Wolfsburg goalkeeper Koen Casteels very closely, as they look to replace Hugo Lloris with the 28 year old Belgian according to some reports today, as he may be a cheaper alternative to Nick Pope of Burnley, who is priced at around £30 million.
Former Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has said on TalkSport radio that he doubts that the Spanish club have sufficient funds to buy Harry Kane this summer.
Spurs are reported to have made contact with Schalke 04 about their 20 year old American striker Matthew Hoppe.
Argentinian winger Nicolas Gonzalez of Stuttgart is supposedly interesting Tottenham as a replacement should Gareth Bale return to Real Madrid, with a price of £27 million quoted for the 22 year old.
Stories indicate that Tottenham have been scouting Lille winger Jonathan Bamba, as another alternative to take Gareth Bale’s place should he leave the club.
Chelsea and Spurs are reported to be willing to offer 45 million Euros for Juventus and Argentina striker Paulo Dybala, who looks set to move on this summer.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Joe Rodon played all of Wales’ 1-3 defeat by Belgium in Leuven tonight in their World Cup qualifier, while Gareth Bale was substituted in the 84th minute. Toby Alderweireld was on the pitch the whole time in the Belgium side.
Matt Doherty played the whole of the Republic of Ireland’s 2-3 World Cup qualifying match defeat away to Serbia tonight.
Holland lost 2-4 in Turkey with Steven Bergwijn an unused substitute as they lost their World Cup qualifying match.
France were held to a 1-1 home World Cup qualifying draw by Ukraine, with Hugo Lloris playing the full match, while Moussa Sissoko remained on the bench.
Maksim Paskotsi made his Estonia debut in a 2-6 World Cup qualifier defeat at home to the Czech Republic.
- LEAGUE CUP FINAL : – It has been revealed that about 8,000 fans will be at Wembley for the League Cup Final with Manchester City, but each club will only receive a small allocation of tickets, with the bulk being given to NHS workers and local residents
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – It comes from a Spanish radio station (so don’t put too much store by it), but they reckon Real Madrid are ready to pay off Gareth Bale‘s contract with them if he returns in the summer.
Italian club Bologna are said to be seriously looking to sign Erik Lamela in the summer.
- INJURY UPDATE : – It appears that Ben Davies could be out for three weeks with the calf injury he has been playing with.
- FA YOUTH CUP : – Tottenham’s Fourth Round FA Youth Cup tie against Wimbledon will be played at Plough Lane on Wednesday 31st March with a 18.00 kick-off. The home team will be streaming the tie live on their YouTube channel.
- UNDER-18s : – Tottenham away fixture in the U18 Premier League against Leicester City will be staged at the Foxes new training complex on Saturday 17th April, kicking off at Noon.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Some reports in France reckon Hugo Lloris will seal a move to Manchester United or to Nice (Daily Telegraph), with Tottenham looking to replace him with either Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Nick Pope (Burnley) or Sam Johnstone (West Bromwich Albion). Lille keeper Mike Maignan is also believed to be a summer target according to the Daily Express.
Real Madrid are the latest club to be linked with a move for Harry Kane.
Sergio Reguilon is reported in the Spanish press as being ready to return home after one season, with Sevilla named as the club most interested in signing him, as some reports in his homeland claim that Real Madrid will not try to activate the buy-back clause in his contract.
Sky Sports report that Chelsea and Spurs are keen on 20 year old Palmeiras midfielder Gabriel Menino, who would be priced at around £12.6 million
Gareth Bale has told the media that he intends to return to Real Madrid for next season, as his intention was to get fit for the Euro 2021 finals during his loan to Spurs.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Ben Davies has pulled out of the Wales squad with an injury that he played through for Tottenham last week.
- INJURY NEWS : – Sergio Reguilon has taken to social media to reassure Spurs fans that “All is fine” after coming off injured in yesterdays match at Villa Park and Heung-Min Son will miss South Korea’s friendly against Japan as he recovers from a hamstring injury.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Depending which reports you read, Real Madrid winger Lucas Vasquez is either looking forward to a move to Tottenham to join up with Jose Mourinho or is unlikely to join Spurs because of their Head Coach’s presence at the club.
People are jumping on the “Harry Kane to leave” bandwagon, with the latest report saying he favours a move to Manchester United, while Manchester City are also said to be interested, but may prefer Erling Haaland, as do United … so he may not leave after all. You couldn’t make all this stuff up could you.
- NEW MANAGER NEWS : – The media have today suggested that Steven Gerrard, Diego Simeone, Carlo Ancelotti, Brendan Rodgers and Nuno Espirito Santo could all potentially become the new Spurs manager.
- OTHER NEWS : – Richie Wellens has left his post as manager of Salford City by mutual consent.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Aston Villa 2-0 at Villa Park tonight. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Lucas Vasquez, the Real Madrid winger, has been offered to Tottenham and Arsenal.
- OTHER NEWS : – Preston North End have parted ways with their manager Alex Neil.
- TEAM NEWS : – Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg is available for the match at Aston Villa tomorrow after being suspended for the midweek Europa League match, while Erik Lamela is suspended for this match after being sent off in last weekend’s match. Heung-Min Son is a doubt for the match with the hamstring injury he has been suffering from.
- MANAGER : – In the fallout after last night’s exit from the Europa League, rumours are filling the media channels about who will take Jose Mourinho‘s place (NOTE : – He is still the manager at the moment). RB Leipzig’s Julian Nagelsmann and Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers are highlighted as the targets for Daniel Levy should Mourinho get sacked.
- UNDER 23s: – Tottenham’s Under-23s beat Manchester United 3-0 at Stevenage tonight in the Premier League 2. Jamie Bowden (penalty), Marcel Lavinier and Kion Etete were the Spurs scorers in a match that ended 10 v 10 with George Marsh being the Spurs player sent off.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS: – Serbian striker Vedat Muriqi might be a target for Spurs, as he has been unsuccessful since moving to SS Lazio and could be available for a reasonable price.
Spurs and Liverpool are watching Schalke 04’s American forward Matthew Hoppe, with the 20 year old rumoured to be available for up to £9 million.
Sevilla are keen to sign Davinson Sanchez for £34 million in the summer.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Eric Dier and Harry Kane have been selected for England’s European Championship qualifiers against Albania, San Marino and Poland in the international break.
- OTHER NEWS : – Portsmouth have named Danny Cowley as their new manager.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 0-3 to Dinamo Zagreb tonight after extra time in the Europa Round of 16 second leg. Match Report.
- TEAM NEWS : – Giovani Lo Celso is back in the Spurs squad for tomorrow’s Europa League Round of 32 Second Leg tie against Dinamo Zagreb. Spurs will be without Heung-Min Son, who is out with a hamstring injury (and is very doubtful for Sunday’s match at Aston Villa), Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg is suspended and Joe Rodon, who is not included in the Europa League squad.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Chelsea, Manchester City, Everton and Spurs are reported to be keen on signing Borussia Dortmund’s 25 year old midfielder Mamoud Dahoud.
Apparently, Mauricio Pochettino is interested in signing Serge Aurier to return him to Paris Saint Germain.
Spurs are said to be ready to receive offers for Davinson Sanchez in the summer.
- MICKY DULIN : – The Spurs website announced that former winger of the 1950s, Micky Dulin died this morning, aged 85. MEHSTG sends its thought to his family and friends at this sad time.
- INJURY NEWS : – The hamstring injury that forced Heung-Min Son off on Sunday is not as bad as first thought, with reports today indicating he may be fir for the weekend.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Villarreal are interested in signing Juan Foyth, who they have on loan, on a permanent deal in the summer, but the £15 million asking price may be a bit strong for them.
Gabon striker Aaron Boupendza is attracting a lot of interest from Premier League clubs with Spurs, South Coast Big Club, Arsenal, West Ham United London, Crystal Palace, Brighton & Hove Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers all keeping an eye on the 24 year old, who plays for Hatayspor in Turkey.
A move for Juventus and Argentina striker Paulo Dybala is likely to be contested by Chelsea, as the £48 million target looks to leave Italy in the summer.
Links with a move for Serbian international forward Dusan Vlahovic have appeared today, with a price tag of between £42.4 million and £51.5 million being put on the 21 year old’s head by his club Fiorentina.
- OTHER NEWS : – Birmingham City sacked their manager Aitor Karanka today, replacing him 15 minutes later with Lee Bowyer.
- UNDER-23s : – Our Under-23s lost 0-1 away to Derby County tonight, with Marques Muir being sent off after only 20 minutes.
- FIXTURE CHANGES : – Two of Tottenham’s fixtures for the early part of April have been moved to accommodate live TV coverage.
Newcastle United (away) will now be played on Sunday 4th April with the match kicking off at 14.05 (Sky Sports).
Manchester United (home) will take place on Sunday 11th April with a 16.30 kick off (Sky Sports).
- EUROPA LEAGUE : – Dinamo Zagreb head coach Zoran Mamic has been sentenced to four years and eight months in prison on fraud charges and has resigned from his post at the football club. Two former directors and Mamic’s brother (who has fled the country) have also been handed sentences for the same charges. The replacement for Mamic will be a former player Damir Krznar.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Transfer talk today reiterates rumours surrounding potential moves for Burnley goalkeeper Nick Pope and South Coast Big Club’s Danish defender Jannick Vestergaard in the summer.
- INTERNATIONAL CALL-UPS : – South Korea have called up Heung-Min Son for a friendly against Japan on March 25th despite him getting a hamstring injury in yesterday’s match.
Ryan Sessegnon, Japhet Tanganga and Oliver Skipp are all included in the England Under-21 squad for Euro 2021 group matches against Switzerland, Portugal and Croatia between 25th March and March 31st in Slovenia.
Joe Rodon, Ben Davies and Gareth Bale are in the Welsh squad for World Cup qualifiers against Belgium and the Czech Republic later this month.
- OTHER NEWS : – Lee Bowyer has resigned as manager of Charlton Athletic.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 1-2 to Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium this afternoon. Match Report.
- EX-SPURS : – Portsmouth sacked their manager Kenny Jackett today. Jackett was an Academy coach at Spurs in 2017 working with the Under-18s.
- TEAM NEWS : – Spurs will still be missing Giovani Lo Celso for tomorrow’s match at Highbury.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – South Coast Big Club’s giant central defender Yannick Vestergaard is being targeted by Tottenham as a summer buy according to a report today.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Manchester United want to sign Harry Kane if they cannot buy Erling Haaland from Borussia Dortmund to replace Anthony Martial and Manchester City want to sign the Spurs striker to replace Sergio Aguero.
- OTHER NEWS : – Chris Wilder has left his position as manager of Sheffield United.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Dinamo Zagreb 2-0 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium tonight in the Europa League Round of 16 First Leg. Match Report
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Arsenal and Tottenham will be challenging for the signing of Sheffield United’s Norwegian midfielder Sander Berge in the summer, with a fee of £22.3 million mentioned in a report today.
- TEAM NEWS : – Giovani Lo Celso is out of tomorrow’s Europa League meeting with Dinamo Zagreb, as he has picked up a back problem, so this will delay his return to the first team. There are no other injury problems, but Joe Rodon is ineligible, having been omitted from the squad list for this competition.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Arsenal, West Ham United London and Spurs are all keen on signing AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Spurs Under-18 defender Aaron Skinner has gone to Sunderland on trial with a view to earning a permanent deal. The 18 year old featured for Sunderland in their U23 match with Newcastle United last week.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham and Liverpool have enquired about the availability of Serbian Nikola Milenkovic with the Fiorentina player’s representatives. Manchester United and the two Milan clubs are also linked with the 23 year old defender.
Norwich City are rumoured to have approached Spurs to re-sign Oliver Skipp for another season long loan should they return to the Premier League as expected.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Crystal Palace 4-1 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium tonight. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – If Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger cannot agree a new contract at Chelsea, Spurs are reported to be interested in signing the German international.
- OTHER NEWS : – Oldham Athletic manager Harry Kewell was sacked today.
- TEAM NEWS : – Giovani Lo Celso is not likely to return to the team until Thursday’s tie with Dinamo Zagreb at the earliest, but Serge Aurier has overcome a calf muscle problem to be available for tomorrow’s match against Crystal Palace at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
- UNDER-18s : – Tottenham’s Under-18s hit Chelsea for six at their Cobham training ground this afternoon. Roshaun Mathurin scored a hat-trick, Dane Scarlett two (one a penalty) and Dermi Lusala were the Spurs goal-scorers in the 6-1 thrashing of the Chelsea youngsters.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs look likely to miss out on Wigan Athletic’s 19 year old striker Kyle Joseph, as reports indicate that he will move to Glasgow Celtic.
Torino midfielder Sasa Lukic, 24, is being linked with a move to Tottenham in the summer.
In the Spanish press, a price of £25 million would be the price that Real Madrid are willing to accept to get Gareth Bale off the La Liga club’s books.
- UNDER 23s : – Kion Etete and Jamie Bowden scored to hand Tottenham’s Under-23s a 2-1 home win over Everton in the Premier League 2 at Hotspur Way this afternoon.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Spurs and Leicester City are reported to both be interested in 22 year old AS Roma defender Roger Ibanez, who is said to have a £69 million release clause in the new contract he has just signed.
- EX-SPURS : – Jose Mourinho’s assistant coach Ricardo Formosinho has been appointed as Head Coach of Al-Hilal of Sudan.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Fulham 1-0 at Craven Cottage tonight. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – According to a story on the Internet (a bit like hearing something from a bloke in a pub … remember those days ?), Spurs are in “advanced talks” to sign Max Aarons from Norwich City in the summer for around £25 million.
- TEAM NEWS : – Giovani Lo Celso is out of tomorrow’s match at Fulham, but Jose Mourinho hopes he will be fit again in 1-2 weeks. The rest of the squad should be available for selection.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham have offered a contract to Birmingham City’s 17 year old central defender Rico Browne, who is on trial with West Ham United London, according to reports today. The player was on trial with Spurs, being handed an 18 month deal should he decide to accept it.
- EUROPA LEAGUE : – The legs of Tottenham’s Europa League Round of 16 tie have been reversed because of a clash of two sides playing in London on the same night. Therefore, the home leg will now be on 11th March kicking off at 20.00, with the return in Zagreb on 18th March with a 17.55 kick off.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Real Madrid winger Lucas Vasquez may be available for free in the summer after his contract expires and Spurs and Everton are claimed to be interested in signing the 29 year old.
Juventus are the latest club interested in buying Giovani Lo Celso, with a minimum price tag of €25 million mentioned.
- OTHER NEWS : – Darren Moore has left Doncaster Rovers to take over as manager of Sheffield Wednesday … manager Paul Lambert has left Ipswich Town by mutual consent …
Previous White Hot Lines