This page gives you a diary of events as they have happened at the club.
News of current and former players will be included, as well as any other Spurs related story, rumour or innuendo.
MEHSTG’s occasional spin stories have no basis in truth, but could have been true in another universe.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The Daily Express claims that Tottenham will make a move for Chelsea’s German international central defender Antonio Rudiger.
Moussa Sissosko may be open to a move away from Spurs this summer, saying that he intends to have talks with the club about his future.
- OTHER NEWS : – … Morecambe beat Newport County in extra time in the League Two play-off final to gain promotion to League One …
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Former Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino has reportedly told Paris Saint Germain that he wishes to leave the club, with rumours of Tottenham and Real Madrid keen to take him on as their new manager.
Other stories reckon Tottenham will make a double appointment with Antonio Conte filling the manager’s position and former Juventus Chief of Football Fabio Paratici coming in as Director of Football.
Other articles put Graham Potter as favourite for the Spurs boss’s job.
Alternatively, Lazio, Real Madrid and Spurs are all chasing departing Lille manager Christophe Galtier.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are rumoured to be interested in signing Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus, leading to stories that the Premier League champions might use him as makeweight in a deal for Harry Kane, as could City central defender Nathan Ake.
Serge Aurier has said he wants to leave Spurs for the “club of his heart” Paris Saint Germain.
Spurs and Juventus are both keen on SSC Napoli’s Polish international Arkadiusz Milik.
Some reports claim that Tottenham are ready to accept offers for Dele Alli this summer.
- INTERNATIONALS : – The Wales Euro 2020 squad has been named with Gareth Bale, Joe Rodon and Ben Davies included.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Ajax are interested in signing Steven Bergwijn, but are only offering £12 million, whereas Spurs want more like £21 million.
- OTHER NEWS : – … Brentford won promotion to the Premier League today by beating Swansea City 2-0 in the play-off final … Chelsea beat Manchester City 1-0 in the Champions League final tonight.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Antonio Conte, having left Internazionale by mutual consent, is said to be keen on the Tottenham job. Having left the Serie A champions because of cost-cutting by Inter’s owners, it would be strange move coming to Spurs, where he would not have an unlimited budget for transfers.
The Telegraph reckon Tottenham might go for Zinedine Zidane as the new manager.
Some reports claim that Mauricio Pochettino is a key target for Real Madrid, while others think that Zidane will move to Paris Saint Germain.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – 20 year old Development Squad midfielder Elliott Thorpe is reported not to be willing to accept a new contract with Tottenham, leading to German side Hoffenheim and Brentford having a keen interest in the Welshman.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham have announced that Danny Rose and Paulo Gazzaniga will leave the club when their current contracts expire this summer.
- DEVELOPMENT SQUAD : – The club have released the following Development squad players : – Jack Roles, George Marsh, Enock Asante, Kazaiah Sterling, Aaron Skinner, Chay Cooper, Rodel Richards, Keenan Ferguson and Shilow Tracey.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reported to have been in touch with Mauricio Pochettino about a return to manage the club again.
Apparently, Sergiy Rebrov, the former Spurs forward and now Ferencvaros manager, has been offered to Tottenham to fill the vacant manager’s position.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham and Chelsea are reported to be chasing the signing of 28 year old Borussia Monchengladbach winger Jonas Hofmann.
AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma is set to leave after his agent’s demands have shocked the Serie A club. Chelsea and Spurs are said to be watching the Italian international’s situation.
Tottenham and Liverpool are both linked with Lille central defender Sven Botman.
- OTHER NEWS : – Sheffield United have appointed Slavisa Jokanovic as their new manager …
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are linked with Internazionale manager Antonio Conte, who is reported to be considering his future after winning the Serie A title, with claims that Spurs are offering him a wage of 17 million Euros a year.
Jurgen Klinsmann has said that if Daniel Levy wants to call him, he would always be happy to manager Spurs.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported to be interested in signing Lille right back Zeki Celik.
Sevilla are reported to be interested in signing Dutch winger Steven Bergwijn.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Steven Bergwijn has been cut from the provisional Holland squad for the Euro 2020 Finals.
- CRIME WATCH : – Erik Lamela has been banned from driving for six months after being caught speeding near the Spurs training ground.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Either Spurs are going to talk to Roberto Martinez to take over at Tottenham or the club have no interest in appointing the manager of the Belgian national team.
Tottenham, Barcelona and Real Madrid all pursued out-going Bayern Munich manager Hansi Flick until the last minute before he decided to take the German National manager’s position.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The Daily Mail claim that Everton and Spurs are competing to sign Crystal Palace’s Ivory Coast international winger Wilfried Zaha for around £40 million.
Spurs are supposedly set to battle with Borussia Dortmund for the signing of Stuttgart goalkeeper Gregor Kobel valued at 16-18 million Euros.
It is reported that Daniel Levy has increased the asking price for Harry Kane to £200 million should he be transferred away from Tottenham this summer.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Harry Kane is the only Spurs player included in the provisional England squad of 33 players for the Euro 2020 finals this summer. The Denmark squad for the tournament includes Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.
- AWARDS : – Erik Lamela has won the BBC Match of the Day Goal of the season for his rabona goal against Arsenal.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Apparently, Manchester City made a bid for Harry Kane in the January transfer window, which was rejected by Tottenham.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – According to some reports in the newspapers, Spurs may be ready to make a move to bring Mauricio Pochettino back to N17 in the manager’s role and the articles hint he may be willing to return to deal with the “unfinished business” he mentioned when he left in November 2019.
- PREMIER LEAGUE PRIZE MONEY : – Securing seventh place in the final Premier League table of the season earned Spurs £27 million.
- INTERNATIONALS : – Heung-Min Son has been selected to captain the South Korea side in their World Cup qualifiers against Turkmenistan, Sri Lanka and Lebanon at a neutral venue next month and he has said he would be keen to play as one of the over-age players in the Tokyo Olympic Games for his country this summer, which start around the time as the club’s pre-season training would begin under their new manager.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Leicester City 4-2 at the King Power stadium this afternoon. Match Report.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Newcastle United, Bournemouth and Anderlecht are all keen on signing Cameron Carter-Vickers.
- AWARDS : – Harry Kane collected the Golden Boot award for the Premier league’s top scorer with his 23 goals, winning the award for the third time. He also took the newly created Premier League Playmaker award for most assists in the season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – There is surprisingly little new transfer talk today considering the furore over the last few days since we have been told that Harry Kane is leaving.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – It is reported today that Massimiliano Allegri has chosen to take over at SSC Napoli rather than join Tottenham as the new manager of the club.
- TEAM NEWS : – Ryan Mason has confirmed that Ben Davies will miss the final game of the season at Leicester City on Sunday and that Japhet Tanganga will also be side-lined after picking up a nasty ligament injury in the midweek match against Aston Villa.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Harry Kane has hinted he may want to join Manchester City after comments he made about playing with Kevin de Bruyne. Chelsea are said to be willing to swap Callum Hudson-Odoi, Kepa Arrizabalaga and Tammy Abraham to secure the England captain.
If the Spurs striker does depart, it is reported that Gareth Bale may sign on for another year at Tottenham.
Some reports claim that should Spurs receive a bid of £30 million for Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, that it would be accepted.
Tottenham are interested in signing Norwich City striker Emiliano Bunedia, who is said to be rated at £35 million – £40 million.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are set to make a massive bid to make Brendan Rodgers the club’s new manager should Leicester City fail to qualify for the Champions League, which would require Spurs to beat them on Sunday.
With Nuno Espirito Santo leaving Wolverhampton Wanderers at the end of this season, he was installed as favourite for the Tottenham job, but despite the Daily Star’s claim that he was offered to Spurs a month ago, he does not appear to be in the running for the post according to some reports.
- RACISM : – Twelve men, from Llanelli, Newport (South Wales), Salford, Retford, Bristol, Warrington, Hartlepool, Scunthorpe and Manchester have been interviewed by Police after posting racist messages on social media about Heung-Min Son following the 1-3 home defeat by Manchester United, when he was fouled before a United goal was disallowed. It is reported that eight of the men, aged between 2o and 63 have been arrested for having the intention of stirring up racial hatred
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs Academy coach Kenny Jackett has been appointed as the new manager of Leyton Orient …
- AWARDS : – Harry Kane came second in the Football Writers’ Football of the Year award, losing out to Manchester City defender Ruben Dias by 19 votes.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Harry Kane has told Gary Neville in a TV interview that there is an honest discussion to be had with Daniel Levy before he decides his future. Manchester City are supposedly favourites to sign him, with Kane believed to favour them so that he can win things. It has been suggested that City could possibly make an offer of around £60 million, Gabriel Jesus and Nathan Ake to take Kane to the Etihad. Manchester United are thought to be ready to offer Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard to secure Kane’s signing.
Spurs are said to be interested in 25 year old Trabzonspor goalkeeper Ugurcan Cakir, but may have to wait until after the Euro 2020 finals and battle with OSC Lille and Internazionale for the £17.2 million Turkish international.
19 year old AS Roma midfielder Ebrima Darboe interests Spurs and Woolwich Wanderers this summer.
Tottenham’s pursuit of Palmeiras’ 20 year old right back Gabriel Menino will cost them at least £20 million.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – It is reported that Spurs have approached Italian manager Massimiliano Allegri, but he is said to be waiting for Real Madrid to offer him the post as their manager.
Meanwhile, it has also been said today that Spurs have also spoken to SSC Napoli Head Coach Gennaro Gattuso.
A new name has entered the running being Borussia Dortmund’s 38 year old interim Head Coach Edin Terzic, who has won 19 of 31 games since he stepped into the role.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs striker Jonathan Obika has played his last match for St. Mirren but hopes to stay in Scotland with clubs North of the border expressing interest in keeping him there.
Tom Carroll and Charlie Owens have been offered new contracts at QPR, but former Academy striker Aramide Oteh has been released.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 1-2 at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium tonight. Match Report.
- UNDER-18s : – Tottenham’s Under-18 Head Coach Matt Tayl0r has left the club to become Head Coach at Walsall.
- TEAM NEWS : – Ben Davies misses out with his calf injury, while Gareth Bale may not be able to play and Serge Aurier has returned to training after missing Sunday’s win over Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – With Harry Kane believing that he has a “gentleman’s agreement” that he can leave this summer, Tottenham are reported to have made an enquiry about Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland‘s availability.
Spurs are said to be wanting players in exchange for Kane’s signing, with Manchester City’s Gabriel Jesus and Manchester United’s Anthony Martial being mention as potential makeweights in a swap deal. United are reported to be willing to swap Martial and Jesse Lingard.
Some sources want Spurs to blow some of the cash on Crystal Palace’s whinging winger Wilfried Zaha.
Another forward being named as a possible target for Spurs is Leeds United’s Patrick Bamford. Other names in the frame are Danny Ings of South Coast Big Club, Patson Daka of Red Bull Salzburg, Ivan Toney of Brentford and Torino’s Andrea Belotti, who has been offered to Tottenham for £25 million.
Milan Skriniar of Internazionale id still being linked as a Spurs summer transfer target.
Club Brugge central defender Odilon Kossounou is being linked with a 20 million Euro move to either the Woolwich Wanderers or Tottenham.
Another centre-back interesting Spurs is reported to be Eintracht Frankfurt’s Evan N’Dicka.
Tottenham could return to Eintracht Frankfurt for 24 year old Japanese striker Daichi Kamada.
- EURO 2020 : – The French squad for the delayed Euro 2020 finals tournament has been announced and includes Hugo Lloris and Moussa Sissoko.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs youth team player Mark Wright has been released by Crawley Town.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The big rumour today is that Harry Kane has told Tottenham that he wants to leave this summer and that he wishes to remain in the Premier League. It is reported that the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea have already been in touch with Kane’s advisors. Daniel Levy is believed to have set a £150 million asking price for the England captain.
Spurs are reported to have already made an offer for Borussia Monchengladbach central defender Matthias Ginter, with Liverpool also interested in the 27 year old, who is believed to be wroth 35 million Euros.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are said to have Bayern Munich manager Hansi Flick as a “person of interest” in their search for a new boss at the club, but they are also keen on Ajax manager Erik ten Hag, who they are supposedly talking to about coming to Spurs. Other reports claim that Marcelo Bielsa has had his head turned by the possibility of managing Tottenham.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-0 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this afternoon. Match Report.
- TEAM NEWS : – Tottenham’s only absentee from the squad with injury will be Ben Davies, who may not play again this season.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – It is rumoured that the Serge Aurier to Paris Saint Germain transfer is all but done, with terms agreed for his return to the French capital.
Should Harry Kane leave Tottenham this summer, his replacement might be Paris Saint Germain’s Argentine striker Mauro Icardi.
Spurs are among a host of clubs at home and on the continent who are keeping a keen watch on Sheffield United’s 17 year old striker Daniel Jebbison.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Real Madrid are expressing an interest in signing midfielder Tanguy Ndombele, but the transfer fee that Daniel Levy might demand for Tottenham’s record signing might be out of the reach of the La Liga club, who are struggling financially due to the effect of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Striker Troy Parrott is said to be loaned out again next season after two periods away from Spurs without a huge return in goals.
Norwich City are extremely keen on re-signing Oliver Skipp on loan for next season when they will play in the Premier League.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – A new name has been thrown into the ring by the media today, with Spurs supposedly keen on Lille manager Christophe Galtier, who is taking the French club into the last few games with a three point lead over Paris Saint Germain in Ligue Un. The 54 year old has expressed an interest in managing in the Premier League and is out of contract in the summer. With news that Scott Parker has been added to the manager shortlist, while Brendan Rodgers has dropped off it, the media in Italy claim Maurizio Sarri is more likely to join Tottenham than Arsenal. It is also reported that Spurs have spoken to Gian Piero Gasperini of Atalanta.
- UNDER-18s : – Our Under-18s lost 1-3 away to Leicester City this afternoon with Kallum Cesay on the score-sheet for Tottenham.
- EX-SPURS : – Huddersfield Town have announced that they will not be offering a new deal to Alex Pritchard, meaning he will be a free agent this summer. Former Spurs Academy defender Jaden Brown is also being released by the Terriers.
Portsmouth are releasing former Spurs Development defender Charlie Daniels.
Lewis Holtby is being released by Blackburn Rovers.
Swindon Town will not be renewing Ezekiel Fryers‘ contract.
Gillingham have announced that central defender Christian Maghoma will be available for transfer this summer and that Connor Ogilvie will be out of contract, so having turned down a new one will be leaving the Gills.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – To assuage their fans after the European Super League fiasco, Manchester United owners – The Glazers – are supposedly planning a £150 million bid for Harry Kane.
The Sun claim that Tottenham, Aston Villa and Newcastle United are all keen on signing 22 year old central defender Abdul Mumin who plays for Portuguese side Vitoria and would cost around £15 million.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Todays media articles are heavily pointing Tottenham towards Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa or former Newcastle United manager Rafael Benitez. Strangely, some reports claim that SS Lazio head coach Simone Inzaghi is interesting Spurs and Leicester City, which is odd if Brendan Rodgers is not leaving the Foxes.
- PRE-SEASON : – Reports today claim that Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea might be competing in a pre-season tournament for charity. Taking place in early August, each club would host one game.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Reports in Italy claim that AS Roma have been told they would have to cough up £21.4 million to allow Jose Mourinho to sign Eric Dier.
Tottenham have turned down the opportunity to sign Newcastle United midfielder Bobby Clark, having run the rule over the 16 year old.
Spurs are one of six clubs from across the continent to speak to Barcelona over right back Emerson Royal, who is part owned with Real Betis until 30th June.
Paris Saint Germain are reported to be drawing up a four year deal ahead of talks with Serge Aurier about returning to the Parc des Princes.
- NFL : – The NFL have announced two matches to be held at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the coming season. The Atlanta Falcons will host the New York Jets on Sunday 10th October, while the Jacksonville Jaguars host Miami Dolphins on Sunday 17th October with both matches kicking off at 14.30.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Spurs are reported to be ready to interview Scott Parker for the manager’s post at Tottenham, while Roberto Martinez is also believed to be on the club’s shortlist after he takes Belgium to the Euro 2020 finals this summer. However, it is thought that Brendan Rodgers has been ruled out of the running.
- FAN REPRESENTATION : – The club have apologised unreservedly for their involvement in the European Super League and have said that they will embrace fan representation on the board following the fall-out from the failed breakaway.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are reported to have had talks with Bayern Munich central defender Jerome Boateng, who is available on a free transfer.
Paris Saint Germain are said to already be in talks with Spurs about signing Serge Aurier, who is their priority signing this summer.
Tottenham are to “swoop” for West Bromwich Albion goalkeeper Sam Johnstone after the Baggies were relegated to the Championshi.
- EX-SPURS : – Former Spurs reserve striker Lee Angol has been released by Leyton Orient.
- OTHER NEWS : – Manchester City will be Premier League champions after their nearest rival last tonight … Tranmere Rovers sacked manager Keith Hill today despite taking the club into the League Two play-off places …
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Harry Kane is reported to be willing to join Barcelona, although the Spanish club would prefer to sign Erling Braut Haaland. Other sources claim Chelsea lead the way to sign the 27 year old England captain.
Serge Aurier is a summer transfer target for Paris Saint Germain and Real Madrid.
- PLANNING APPLICATION : – Spurs have put in two planning applications for extensions to the training ground at Hotspur Way. One is a single story extension that will house more space for the Academy and the Women’s team will train there. The second application is for a two storey extension to the reception area to have a new media centre.
- OTHER NEWS : – Fulham will be playing in the Championship next season after being relegated tonight.
- MANAGER RUMOUR : – Spurs are being linked with Simone Inzaghi, the 45 year old Italian manager of SS Lazio, who is apparently now favourite for the post
- OTHER NEWS : – West Bromwich Albion were relegated for the Premier League today.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham lost 1-3 to Leeds United at Elland Road this afternoon. Match Report.
- UNDER 18s : – The Under-18s lost 0-1 at home to Chelsea today.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Tottenham are reported to have been offered 16 year old Bobby Clark (son of former Leeds and Sunderland player Lee Clark), who has been with Newcastle United, but has not been playing much, so his agent is sounding out new clubs, with Spurs expected to run the rule over the midfielder.
- DIRECTOR NEWS : – Non-Executive board member Ron Robson has left the board of directors at the club as other commitments are restricting his time available to dedicate to the role he held at Tottenham.
- OTHER NEWS : – Sheffield Wednesday, Wycombe Wanderers and Rotherham United were relegated to League One today … Cheltenham Town won the League Two title today … Bolton Wanderers and Cambridge United gained promotion to play in League One next season.
- TEAM NEWS : – Ryan Mason has said in a press conference today that the only injury issue the Spurs squad has ahead of the visit to Leeds United tomorrow is Ben Davies, who continues his recovery from his calf problem, while Alfie Whiteman re-joins the squad after undergoing knee surgery.
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE : – UEFA have announced that nine of the 12 clubs who were to form the European Super league have agreed to sign an undertaking to commit to the organisation and the competitions that it operates. Should they try to play in an unauthorised competition in the future, they will be fined £86.9 million (the amount they were said to make from the ESL) and a fine of half that amount will be levied if they breach any other part of the undertaking. In addition the nine clubs will make a £13.4 million contribution to grass roots football across the UEFA membership and will lose 5% of the earnings from their participation in UEFA’s European competitions for one season starting 2023-2024.
The three remaining clubs wishing to start a breakaway league – Barcelona, Juventus and Real Madrid – will face punishments from the UEFA Disciplinary Committee in due course, which could be more stringent.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – What seems to be a rogue story has emerged from Italy, claiming that Tottenham are keen to sign Woolwich Wanderers striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
26 year old Canadian striker Cyle Larin of Besiktas is reported as being watched by Spurs and West Ham United London.
Stoke City want to re-sign Jack Clarke on loan next season.
Tottenham, Woolwich Wanderers and West Ham United London are said to be keen on Brighton & Hove Albion’s midfielder Yves Bissouma.
Fiorentina defender Nikola Milenkovic is a target for Spurs, Everton and West Ham United London.
Portsmouth want to renew the loan signing of Harvey White for season 2021-2022.
- UNDER-23s : – Spurs Under-23s finished their season’s fixture list with a home game against champions Manchester City and lost 1-6, with Dane Scarlett scoring the Tottenham goal. The team finished in third place in Premier League 2.
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – Today Jose Mourinho is rumoured to want to take Erik Lamela and Lucas Moura to AS Roma when he takes over as manager.
- FIXTURE CHANGE : – Tottenham’s home match with Aston Villa, the last home game of the season has been moved to Wednesday 19th May and it is hoped that up to 10,000 fans will be allowed into the Tottenham Hotspur stadium, although no away fans can attend. Kick off will be at 18.00 with live coverage on Sky Sports.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Italian media claim former Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri is the number target for the Tottenham Head Coach post and a meeting with with the 62 year old’s representatives taking place days after Jose Mourinho‘s sacking.
The paper Corriere dello Sport in Italy reckons Spurs have already had talks with another ex-Chelsea boss – Antonio Conte – with ‘fruitful’ discussions involving potential additions to the Spurs squad.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Spurs are believed to be ready to sell Serge Aurier this summer, with the cheap price tag of 10 million Euros interesting Paris Saint Germain and AC Milan.
It is reported that when Jose Mourinho takes over at AS Roma, he will target Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and Eric Dier to strengthen the Serie A side.
Manchester United’s board want to appease their protesting fans by spending £90 million on Harry Kane this summer, with the England captain allegedly said to be keen on the move.
A report out today claims Spurs are keen to talk to 25 year old Shakhtar Donetsk left back Mykola Matviyenko with a view to signing him in the summer.
Apparently, Tottenham have put out feelers for the signings of South Coast Big Club central defender Yannick Vestergaard and Bayern Munich’s Jerome Boateng.
- INJURY NEWS : – Oliver Skipp has had surgery on his fractured metatarsal that happened in last Saturday’s game for Norwich City and may miss some or all of the pre-season training on his return to Tottenham.
- ACADEMY CONTRACTS : – Twins Michael and Matthew Craig have signed their first professional contracts with the club, taking them through to 2023, while Romaine Mundle and Dermi Lusala have also put pen to paper on their first deals, signing until 2022.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Italian manager of Atalanta Gian Piero Gasperini is rumoured to be one of the favourites for the Tottenham Head Coach post according to an opinion on a podcast today. With former manager Jose Mourinho announced as taking over at AS Roma, it has been reported that Tottenham and Glasgow Celtic have been offered outgoing manager Paulo Fonseca. Mourinho’s return to work will save Tottenham having to pay his wages, as they have been doing while he has been on gardening leave.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Tottenham are rumoured in Germany to be looking to sign RB Leipzig goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi, who previously was at Liverpool, to replace Hugo Lloris.
Barcelona midfielder Riqui Puig is a summer target for Tottenham and the Woolwich Wanderers.
- UNDER-18s : – Tottenham’s Under-18s beat their Norwich City counterparts at Hotspur Way today by 5 goals to 2. Goals scored by Dane Scarlett, Roshaun Mathurin, Marques Muir and two from Jamie Donley wrapped up a victory after being 0-2 down in the first half.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – The Newcastle United winger Allan Saint-Maximin is said to be set to leave St. James Park in the summer, with Tottenham reported to be interested in the 24 year old Frenchman.
Max Aarons is one of Tottenham’s key transfer targets in the summer transfer window, with Everton also interested in the Norwich City right back rated at £30 million. Apparently, Woolwich Wanderers, Newcastle United and Crystal Palace are keen to sign the England Under-21 international too. The Canaries are reported to have made a “gentleman’s agreement” with Aarons, agreeing that they would not stand in his way should he give the club one more season, which is coming to an end.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – Today’s manager being pushed forward for the job at Spurs is Massimiliano Allegri, while Peter Crouch wants Rafa Benitez installed, while it is reported in the Daily Express that Technical Performance Director Steve Hitchen has recommended Brighton & Hove Albion’s boss Graham Potter to Daniel Levy for the post.
- FIRST TEAM : – Tottenham beat Sheffield United 4-0 at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium tonight. Match Report
- TRANSFER RUMOUR : – The Sun on Sunday report that Spurs have held talks with Brazilian side Corinthians over a £8.5 million move for 18 year old winger/striker Rodrigo Varanda.
- MANAGER RUMOUR : – Apparently Hansi Flick is not now interested in the Spurs job, being keen on taking over the German national side.
- MEHSTG COMMENT : – Manchester United ‘fans’ protesting against the club’s owners broke into Old Trafford and protested on the pitch, as well as around the ground, blocking streets. The protest broke out into violence, with the police attacked and protests springing up around the hotels that Manchester United and Liverpool were staying at, thus causing the match to be postponed. While not denying that they had a right to protest, the methods carried out to do it have led to the match having to be re-arranged and this may hamper their schedule leading up to a potential Europa League final. Any protests against the European Super League should not bring further damage to the club than has already been done.
- TEAM NEWS : – Spurs have Ben Davies as the only absentee from the squad who will be available for selection when Spurs meet Sheffield United on Sunday night at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
- TRANSFER RUMOURS : – Today’s media link Spurs with a £36 million interest in Brentford striker Ivan Toney.
Tottenham and Everton are said to be interested in signing Juventus’ French midfielder Adrien Rabiot, who could be available for just £13 million.
- MANAGER RUMOURS : – With the club still searching for a new man at the helm for next season, it is reported that Daniel Levy may have offered the post to former RB Leipzig manager Ralf Rangnick. Alternatively, Scott Parker appears to be favourite for the job in some reports and the evening Standard claim that Rafa Benitez “is open” to talks with Tottenham to take over as manager. The Football League World website says that the Daily Telegraph report that Tottenham may wait until the summer to make the appointment of a new manager, with Swansea City’s Steve Cooper being considered for the role. Bu then again, they say in the article that Cooper had a big part to play in the development of Ben Rodon. Massimiliano Allegri is rumoured to be another strong contender for the job now.
- UNDER-18s : – Spurs Under-18s took on West Bromwich Albion today with Dane Scarlett scoring one goal and missing a penalty as the side lost 1-3 away at the Birmingham County FA ground.
- OTHER NEWS : – Norwich City won the Championship title today … Peterborough United won promotion to the Championship today … Hull City won the League One championship today … Northampton Town and Rochdale were relegated to League Two today … Southend United were relegated form the Football League today.
Previous White Hot Lines